View Full Version : More fair and balanced

Bobbyrx
07-20-2008, 09:14 AM
3 Anchors to Follow Obama's Trek Abroad

washingtonpost.com
By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 17, 2008

"The three network anchors will travel to Europe and the Middle East next week for Barack Obama's trip, adding their high-wattage spotlight to what is already shaping up as a major media extravaganza.

Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric will make the overseas trek, meaning that the NBC, ABC and CBS evening newscasts will originate from stops along the route and undoubtedly give it big play.

John McCain has taken three foreign trips in the past four months, all unaccompanied by a single network anchor. "

nAz
07-20-2008, 10:15 AM
ya what the hell is that about? i hate people who only want to be around winners!

cheesemouse
07-20-2008, 10:46 AM
I think McOld has a few nursing home town meetings on his schedule this week. Fox will be there...:) You'll still get your fair/balance fix...:)

mike60
07-20-2008, 12:47 PM
If McCain was news they'd be on him like flys.

mike60

sack316
07-20-2008, 08:58 PM
I think I actually said something about this in some other post. Rest assured, if this were reversed it would simply be because of our racist right wing media. I heard someone say the other day, and I wish I could remember who... but they said "this is no longer a campaign with the media, it's a coronation".

I'm sure the big story will be about Obama's first trip to Iraq in nearly 3 years... but the story should be about how this is Obama's first trip to Iraq in nearly 3 years.

On a side note... and I'm sure this will be part of the argument from the other side... but it is the McCain camp that did make a big deal about him not being over there in so long, hence helping make it news. Either way I feel the truth is the media is championing Obama, but that is a logical excuse to use. Hooray politics!

Sack-- happy to foot the bill for this trip if it is for his job (remember, he has one of those still), but wants a refund if it winds up being more campaign stops.

mike60
07-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Sack, McCain can always use his old lady's jet. Better hourly rates with benefits. And beer, a lot beer.

Skoal,

mike60