PDA

View Full Version : Your jump/break tip?

bignick31985
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm curious as to what you guys use on your jump/break cues. I have been using a regular black phenolic tip on a full size Players cue. Moderately successful but I wasnt confident I could clear a full ball every time. Plus the sound was horrendous when I struck the cue ball, lol.

I recently picked up a Players Sneaky Pete j/b and had the local cue store put a one piece 'Greeny' ferrule/tip combo put on. They reccomended that to me instead of a regular tip, since they guaranteed it to never crack/break/come off, etc. It works amazingly well. The jumping is almost effortless compared to the other tips I have used on other cues. Its almost unreal.

So what tips you guys using and what cues are they on???

CPILEGIS
07-20-2008, 01:22 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/chuckpilegis/Picture002.jpg

Snapshot9
07-21-2008, 11:43 AM
I use a one piece phenolic ferrule and tip. I have 2 shafts for my break cue which is a J&J Break/jump cue. One has the white phenolic ferrule, and the other has the black phenolic ferrule.

sack316
07-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I have a phenolic tip, but will definitely go to the one piece next upgrade. Every 6 months or so my tip decides to fly off /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'm not sure if there is a certain glue that needs to be used with it, but I like the feel of the one piece better either way.

Sack