PDA

View Full Version : 39 years without justice.

LWW
07-20-2008, 03:54 PM
39 years ago today Senator Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy left a party in a drunken stupor.

After passing a police car, and in an effort to avoid further legal issues as he had long ago lost driving privileges, he darted up a side road and off a bridge.

Kennedy swam away but his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne (One of the "BOILER ROOM GIRLS" from his brother Bobby's campaign.) was left to drown ... and according to expert testimony, had Kennedy called for help immediately she would have survived. The car hit the bottom of the pond so hard that it knocked Ms Kopechne's panties off and into the glovebox.

Instead of acting with compassion for his fellow human being, Kennedy staggered back to the party and passed 4 farmhouses along the way. He stopped and asked to use the phone at none of them.

Upon returning to the party Kennedy still did not call for help, and in fact never did. Two fisherman saw the car the next AM and sought help immediately.

Kennedy in the meantime had returned to his hotel room and his first task in the AM was to have breakfast and a chat with the winner of the prior day's sailing race.

Teddy oversaw the payment of $140K to Ms Kopechne's family while his political machine fixed everything else.

To this day the state of Massachusetts has done nothing to bring justice to TK over the death of Ms Kopechne and the voters of Massachusetts have shamefully returned a remorseless killer to the US senate time after time.

LWW
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/richedit/upload/2k1e5398e089.jpg

mike60
07-20-2008, 04:03 PM
(toggle) L DUB DUCKY, Old sod. I'm encouraged knowing you're available to save the State of Massachusetts from itself, Senate term after Senate term, etc. I believe he walked away in the shallow water. Probably drunk but i doubt he would have left her if he knew she was asleep, passed out in the back seat. That's the story around the Back Bay Boston.

mike666 james kopp murdering scum doing forever as some guy's bitch

LWW
07-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice deflection.

The police reports concluded she lived for quite some time due to the air bubble and had TK made any effort to get help she would have lived.

But, he is a (D) so your rushing to defend the indefensible was entirely expected.

LWW

Jeff
07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">39 years ago today Senator Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy left a party in a drunken stupor.

</div></div>

45 years ago. Laura Welch (Bush) was driving her Chevrolet sedan on a clear night shortly after 8 p.m. on Nov. 6, 1963, when she ran a stop sign and struck a Corvair sedan driven by 17-year-old Michael Douglas.

Laura had a passenger, Judy Dykes, in the car. They were sharing a cigarette and talking when she ran the stop sign and struck the other car.

Michael was thrown through the windshield and died of a broken neck.

His Father was behind him and saw the whole thing. He couldn't save his son as he was already dead.

Laura Bush received no ticket, was not charged, and never paid the family one dime. She refuses to talk about it to this day.

wolfdancer
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Mary Jo Kopechne.... he finally played the Chappaquiddick card. That was their ace in the hole, in defense of the realm.
I guess the Clinton BJ gambit had played out and is now "anti-climatic"
Her death was a tragic accident, probably caused by an inebriated Ted Kennedy, but it's very old news...how about a recent murder with some rather wild claims?

zone of truth (http://www.zoneoftruth.com/LEVY.html)

nAz
07-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Ted Is why America is in such a hole right now... who new that what happened 40 years ago would lead to all this countries problem now.

wolfdancer
07-20-2008, 11:12 PM
nAz, you're right again...Ted, Bill, it's another Sodom and Gomorrah....and instead of fire and brimstone, the Lord punished us with Bush and Cheney, and all them pedophile Republican Congressmen.
So, how do you spot a pedophile, without knowing that he has franking privileges?
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/pedo.cgi

LWW
07-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Still jumping on grenades I see.

Please, don't insult the intelligence of the forum with your defense of the indefensible.

Laura and Teddy BOTH made mistakes. That is human. Neither acted with malice or forethought.

The difference lies in what they did afterwards, and yes you know that.

And, yes, I hold an Ivy league educated US Senator to a higher standard of personal responsibility than a 17 year old HS student and I find it appalling that said US senator could not act as responsibly as said teeny bopper under similar circumstances.

I find it amazing that you feel differently.

LWW

LWW
07-21-2008, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ted Is why America is in such a hole right now... who new that what happened 40 years ago would lead to all this countries problem now. </div></div>
Nice to see that those who claim to want justice expose the ugly truth that victims are merely props to be placed on stage when they have political value and locked away when they don't.

And, BTW, had TK not pushed through immigration changes in the 1970's we wouldn't have many of the problems we have today, including the fact that most of the 9/11 murderers couldn't have entered the country the way the did.

Thanks for finally getting one right.

LWW

hondo
07-21-2008, 06:37 AM
Yep, Ted's guilty. Yep, he should have been convicted.
No, Laura has nothing to do with this.

Happy?
Now let's move on.

Please, folks, don't spend days arguing over this one.

LWW
07-21-2008, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, Ted's guilty. Yep, he should have been convicted.

Happy?
Now let's move on.

Please, folks, don't spend days arguing over this one. </div></div>
And, again, thank you for seeing the hypocrisy from the moonbat left.

LWW

wolfdancer
07-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Hondo, you missed his main point.....Ted Kennedy is responsible for
9/11

hondo
07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, Ted's guilty. Yep, he should have been convicted.

Happy?
Now let's move on.

Please, folks, don't spend days arguing over this one. </div></div>
And, again, thank you for seeing the hypocrisy from the moonbat left.

LWW </div></div>

No problem.
Anything to get you to shut up once in a while.
You hoped they would all argue that Teddy was innocent so you could pontificate for days and days on the hypocracy of the left.
Hopefully, this will spare us all that.

I still haven't recovered from all that McCarthy bullshit.
At least you're right this time.
I might argue that murderer is a tad strong, but I won't.

God will judge Teddy.
Now kindly go back to spending every hour of your life defending that Pres. you supposedly don't like.

LWW
07-21-2008, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still haven't recovered from all that McCarthy bullshit. </div></div>
That was a pretty hard beat down you took, I actually felt bad inflicting ... but I have to stick up for the truth.

LWW

mike60
07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
(toggle) L DUB DUCKY, You were so cool with the initial response on this thread. I for one was shocked. And when someone agrees to accept the notion both mentioned individuals are to blame and it is long past. You come off with this "beat down" crap. Try to concentrate, this isn't about your limp dick. And where are the
full color graphics? We expect more. Now come out of the bathroom or wherever you've been hiding and download some good stuff.

miguel666 james kopp murdering scum doing forever as some guy's bitch

Qtec
07-21-2008, 05:58 PM
The past is the past.
What about NOW! ?

The "yes the Reps are all corrupt but K drowned a woman [ maybe] is paramount to you.........WHY?

Lets say K got away with murder, at least manslaughter- WTF has that got to do with anything that's going on now?

The tragedy is that young Americans were CONNED into signing up for a war that was not necessary.
Support thr troops? They won't even support those who won the war for the USA in the last WW!

Check this out. shame (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/20/ben-ortiz-was-warned-steps-help-his-case-will-back/)

Follow the links and you will see how much YOUR GOVT values your service. [ they don't give a FK if you get electrocuted in the shower]

Q

hondo
07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still haven't recovered from all that McCarthy bullshit. </div></div>
That was a pretty hard beat down you took, I actually felt bad inflicting ... but I have to stick up for the truth.

LWW </div></div>

No, actually, you were humiliated and made to look like a bigger fool than usual.
And everybody realized that but you.
So sad.

LWW
07-22-2008, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still haven't recovered from all that McCarthy bullshit. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

No, actually, you were humiliated and made to look like a bigger fool than usual.
So sad. </div></div>
Don't make me link the thread which exposes you as swearing you witnessed things that happened before you were born.

LWW

LWW
07-22-2008, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(toggle) L DUB DUCKY, You were so cool with the initial response on this thread. I for one was shocked. And when someone agrees to accept the notion both mentioned individuals are to blame and it is long past. You come off with this "beat down" crap. Try to concentrate, this isn't about your limp dick. And where are the
full color graphics? We expect more. Now come out of the bathroom or wherever you've been hiding and download some good stuff.

miguel666 james kopp murdering scum doing forever as some guy's bitch </div></div>
You have no clue what the beat down was over ... it was over hondo and aa couple of other historical revisionist moonbats and involved blant fraud and deceit from the far lefties.

LWW

eg8r
07-22-2008, 07:29 AM
The big difference between these two individuals is that Laura Bush was remorseful for the loss of life. She even stopped and ran to him (if I remember correctly). Now, teddy acted a bit differently, he ran to try and save his own butt.

eg8r

LWW
07-22-2008, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The big difference between these two individuals is that Laura Bush was remorseful for the loss of life. She even stopped and ran to him (if I remember correctly). Now, teddy acted a bit differently, he ran to try and save his own butt.

eg8r </div></div>
A rational response, thank you.

On AZB Jeff is making a case for moral equivalence because Laura COULD HAVE FLED the scene.

LWW

Jeff
07-22-2008, 07:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A rational response, thank you.

On AZB Jeff is making a case for moral equivalence because Laura COULD HAVE FLED the scene.

LWW </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Dictionary.com

id·i·ot
Pronunciation[id-ee-uht] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.
<span style="color: #FF0000">3. See LWW</span>

[Origin: 1250–1300; ME &lt; L idiōta &lt; Gk idités private person, layman, person lacking skill or expertise, equiv. to idiō- (lengthened var. of idio- idio-, perh. by analogy with stratiōtés professional soldier, deriv. of stratiá army) + -tés agent n. suffix]

—Synonyms 1. fool, half-wit; imbecile; dolt, dunce, numskull, <span style="color: #FF0000">Ducky, LWW.</span>

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 09:53 AM
I think this is all much ado about nothing. How many of us can honestly say we have not drowned a date or run over a high school sweetheart on the odd occasion?

I say, let those who are without sin or have committed no drive-bys cast the first stone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I do agree that lodging complaints about bad behaviour should probably be mostly limited to this century.

You don't see John Hinkley bemoaning the fact he only gets 6 days a month of unsupervised visits with his family. Oh! Never mind. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I think this is all much ado about nothing. How many of us can honestly say we have not drowned a date or run over a high school sweetheart on the odd occasion?
You are right...it's been so long ago, I had almost forgot.

Re: John Hinkley, his siblings now want him to be able to spend more unsupervised time with Mom, and to let him get a driver's license. At this time they have not also requested he be able to obtain a gun permit as well, nor arrange a meet the President.
Like Larry, I too have my heroes....

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: John Hinkley, his siblings now want him to be able to spend more unsupervised time with Mom, and to let him get a driver's license. At this time they have not also requested he be able to obtain a gun permit as well, nor arrange a meet the President.
Like Larry, I too have my heroes.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> He may be just waiting to meet the new president. But, I wonder of Jodie will be impressed this time? </span>

llotter
07-22-2008, 12:21 PM
To the extent that all the lefties/Dems here jump to the defense of Teddy Kennedy and Bill Clinton clearly demonstrates that they are on the same corrupted moral plain and without integrity or character themselves. Of course, everything becomes permissible and now, apparently, even laudable without the guidance of our Judeo-Christian religious tradition.. They deserve nothing above contempt but what these criminal perverts get is blind admiration by all those who detest and despoil our blessed heritage. The defenders here claim to have some innate, human understanding of right and wrong but they will not fight for it or even speak for it, lest they commit the sin of being ‘judgmental’. What we are ending up with is a culture slowly rotting from its core…and maybe not so slowly.

LWW
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the extent that all the lefties/Dems here jump to the defense of Teddy Kennedy and Bill Clinton clearly demonstrates that they are on the same corrupted moral plain and without integrity or character themselves. Of course, everything becomes permissible and now, apparently, even laudable without the guidance of our Judeo-Christian religious tradition.. They deserve nothing above contempt but what these criminal perverts get is blind admiration by all those who detest and despoil our blessed heritage. The defenders here claim to have some innate, human understanding of right and wrong but they will not fight for it or even speak for it, lest they commit the sin of being ‘judgmental’. What we are ending up with is a culture slowly rotting from its core…and maybe not so slowly. </div></div>
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>HEAR HEAR!</span>

LWW

DickLeonard
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Jef the story I read was he broke up with her and it was a planned accident that turned into murder. He was driving a Corvair and his wide headlights made him easy to track.

From what I read it is still an open case if they could prove that it was a planned accident.####

DickLeonard
07-22-2008, 02:30 PM
lww it is just like Gwbs criminal sale on stock on Insider Trading. You said he wasn't Indicted he must be Innocent. GWBs incident has criminal tracks that still can be proven. Teddy's episode leaves doubts in peoples minds.

There is no doubt GWB was guilty.####

LWW
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lww it is just like Gwbs criminal sale on stock on Insider Trading. You said he wasn't Indicted he must be Innocent. GWBs incident has criminal tracks that still can be proven. Teddy's episode leaves doubts in peoples minds.

There is no doubt GWB was guilty.#### </div></div>
Then prove them.

LWW

LWW
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jef the story I read was he broke up with her and it was a planned accident that turned into murder. He was driving a Corvair and his wide headlights made him easy to track.

From what I read it is still an open case if they could prove that it was a planned accident.#### </div></div>
Good point ... the only thing you lack is evidence.

LWW

hondo
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still haven't recovered from all that McCarthy bullshit. </div></div>

LWW </div></div>

So sad. </div></div>
Don't make me link the thread which exposes you as swearing you witnessed things that happened before you were born.

LWW </div></div>

Do it.
Was that the same week you said Kerry SAID he delighted in killing people and then admitted you made that up?
You swore your pictures of the ghost were not doctored and then admitted you were lying.
You swore you never called me a bigot and then I posted your PM to me.
I didn't even have to post your wife's PMs which were worse.

One thing about you, old buddy.
It's fun exposing you.
Do you really want the 2 of us to start posting old threads?
It won't be your finest moment, not that ANYBODY would be surprised on here.
You're the laughing stock of the forum.
But you knew that, didn't you?
That's why you're so angry on here.

hondo
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The big difference between these two individuals is that Laura Bush was remorseful for the loss of life. She even stopped and ran to him (if I remember correctly). Now, teddy acted a bit differently, he ran to try and save his own butt.

eg8r </div></div>

I agree. Why is this thread plodding on?

hondo
07-22-2008, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the extent that all the lefties/Dems here jump to the defense of Teddy Kennedy and Bill Clinton clearly demonstrates that they are on the same corrupted moral plain and without integrity or character themselves. Of course, everything becomes permissible and now, apparently, even laudable without the guidance of our Judeo-Christian religious tradition.. They deserve nothing above contempt but what these criminal perverts get is blind admiration by all those who detest and despoil our blessed heritage. The defenders here claim to have some innate, human understanding of right and wrong but they will not fight for it or even speak for it, lest they commit the sin of being ‘judgmental’. What we are ending up with is a culture slowly rotting from its core…and maybe not so slowly. </div></div>

I agree, Larry.
It makes much more sense to defend those who drag us into a war under false pretenses, killing thousands, while making billions, and allowing our country to go down the shitter in the meantime.
Straighten em out, ole buddy.

wolfdancer
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
I know you are short on allies here, but I'd be careful if I was you (and thank God I ain't) on who you are sucking up to.
There's enough "buzz" word in his posts to alarm any rational person.
I didn't see anybody sticking up for Ted Kennedy on this matter...and if that had happened to me, I'd have been charged with vehicular homicide, and leaving the scene...or even worse, manslaughter ....deservedly so.
And Bill just had an extra-marital affair...it's only the old testament that demands we stone him and her to death for that.

eg8r
07-23-2008, 07:51 AM
You keep responding to it.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 09:26 AM
So why not just leave that on AZB, since it has no relevance here.
The Kennedy/bush incidents are history...but how about the right killing Sacco and Vanzetti despite the evidence.

Deeman3
07-23-2008, 09:30 AM
We balanced that out by hanging the Rosenburgs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SpiderMan
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Laura Bush received no ticket, was not charged, and never paid the family one dime. </div></div>

Good point. If we perceive cash payments as "hush money", I suppose it speaks volumes about an individual's relative guilt.

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
"Now that's funny"....and sadly true. We had more evidence on OJ, and he walked...
Say, I'm thinking of buying 1 million shares of Smart tire, at the current price....what do you think?

Deeman3
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Now that's funny"....and sadly true. We had more evidence on OJ, and he walked...
Say, I'm thinking of buying 1 million shares of Smart tire, at the current price....what do you think? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I'd prefer you bought Smart Alabama LLC but alas, we are not on the market. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

By the way, have you seen much of O.J. on your golf outtings? I know he was supposed to be searching every golf venue in American to find the real killer.

I'm waiting for the legal carnage after Obama gets in and Pelosi starts prosecuting all the Bush people. It will, at least, make a mild break from Congress's important work on ex-athlete steroids and Madonna's relatrionship with younger men. I wonder if, now, Hillary's California contributions trials will come up? now that she is not going to be the nominee? I know they agreed to hold that until after the general when she was a shoo in.

Will Karl Rove be hanged? </span>

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 10:52 AM
In China (Wal-Mart's main supplier) they would string up the entire cabinet, along with anybody that protested.
I'd welcome any inquiry into this admin's dealings...after all we spent over 100 mil investigating a solitary BJ, while this has been a screwing of the masses.
Madonna and A-Rod....talk about an odd couple. Many thought his contract was extravagent...wait'll they see what the ex gets and she can't hit a curve ball.
I still like Madonna's performance in Evita, although it didn't require much acting as she just played herself.....

eg8r
07-23-2008, 10:57 AM
The only way Karl Rove will be hanged is if he tells the left to shove it and they believe him. Other than that, they will allow him to stay alive as long as they think he might turn and join them.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 11:17 AM
F**k Karl Rove
"...During Roves years in Texas, he earn a reputation for being a savage political strategist, willing to engage in dirty tricks. Some of the tricks associated with Rove have been detailed by journalists James Moore and Wayne Slater in their book Bush's Brain...."
The man has no morals, perhaps a learned behavior from his days with Nixon?
Typical Rove testimony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqmDJNFOLag&feature=related

eg8r
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Your hatred for Rove is only as deep as his desire to stick with the Reps. Once he opens himself to the Dems you guys will snatch him up quickly.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't hate Rove...just his way of doing things, which I believe are borderline criminal.
And I have nothing to do with the Dems snatching people up...I thought only aliens did that in Fla and other backwoods states.
If they want to learn from the master about "dirty tricks" then i would suggest they grab him. and since he's a political whore, that would sell out to the highest bidder....it comes down to how much they think he's worth.
I even got me a Karl Rove t-shirt from here:
http://shop.cafepress.com/content/marketplace/img/search/trans.gif

eg8r
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought only aliens did that in Fla and other backwoods states.</div></div>Since when did Florida get added to the list of backwoods states?

eg8r

sack316
07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Just the tip that borders my state. And for as long as Alabamians have considered going to PC and "exotic" vacation /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

hondo
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your hatred for Rove is only as deep as his desire to stick with the Reps. Once he opens himself to the Dems you guys will snatch him up quickly.

eg8r </div></div>

No, you're dead wrong.
We have more integrity than youse guys.

Deeman3
07-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, right! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm not reading much conviction into your reply....

eg8r
07-24-2008, 08:02 AM
LOL, now that was funny.

eg8r

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 08:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not reading much conviction into your reply.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You have me there. I don't think any of us have the market on integrity cornered right now. I read some of the flames, from both sides, and think, didn't we go through that in high school? By university, most of us are over spats and name calling. By then we are mostly faced with making a living and if we fight anyone, it's our wives! In our middle age, we should learn life is too short for hate and grudges. Now, many of us are wasting our later years trying to make one group or the other look sinister and hypocritical to the other. Differences in opinion seem now to be almost threats of violence by a crew you mostly could not melt a pour on each other.

It's hard for any of us to claim to be the adult in the room. We need our kids and grandkids to say, "Guys, grow up!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

sack316
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> trying to make one group or the other look sinister and hypocritical to the other. </div></div>

That is one thing I noticed. How rare is the post that says "well, we did this good thing as democrats or republicans"? Every post is a shot at some person, party, or respresentative from the opposing group. Kind of a sad state of things when the best we can hope for as either side is to simply make the other side look worse.

Sack

eg8r
07-24-2008, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of a sad state of things when the best we can hope for as either side is to simply make the other side look worse.</div></div>I agree it has been sad lately, and I just wish the Reps would quit adding fuel to the fire.

eg8r

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Sack,

The partisanship will probably continue into the next president's term or terms and make it almost impossible to accomplish anything. The Republicans will be just as bad and without conscience as the Democrats have been. I can agree that we have not paid enough attention to some important issues in the last 7 years. The Republicans have abandoned any fiscal responsibility and have, in many cases, given the Democrats ammunition to asail them. On the other side, gaining points have become much more important than actually helping persons who need help and their need to diminish anything Bush, has ursurped their so called campaign for a "different" America. Once nancy got the office redone, it all became being the first woman speaker, nothing else. No courageous positions, no fight that would hinder the left and absolutely no support for any single issue that might move us forward. Now they have a candidate going around the globe to "Love is in the Air" tunes played by what was once a great media settling for being cheerleaders for a man, once again, writing checks he will never be able to cash. All of a sudden a man, McCain, who they loved a few months ago is a now, convienently, a raving lunatic. He ain't that great a candidate but the press outwardly cheering for him is not right in any contest.

Any frank discussion about Obama gets you charged with racism by those who tried so hard to get the first woman elected by that very same card being played. It is an all too obvious tactic employed by people who, with a straight face, will say, "Who Me?"

Obama may be a fine president. I think/hope he could stand up to questions and scutiny. However, if they have their way, we may never know.

sack316
07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,

I think/hope he could stand up to questions and scutiny. </div></div>

lol, when does that part happen? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM

DickLeonard
07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
lww Then Prove it.####

wolfdancer
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
didn't the cheap shots style of campaigning kind of begin with Nixon? sorry to drag up the past, but in one of his congressional races, he really smeared his opponent... the "facts" escape my memory...and wasn't Mr. Rove one of his Presidential campaign managers?
Not that the left hasn't used, or tried to use the same tactics. It would be nice to see a candidate stand up and announce what he will do for the country, instead of implying that he won't be as bad as the other guy.
I think the last honest politician that we had was James Michael Curly who said "steal a lot, but also steal some for the poor".
(if my memory serves me) Elected as an Alderman while in prison for fraud, he also served 4 terms as Mayor, spending several months in prison during one term, was Governor of Mass for one term, and later on elected to congress.
James makes me proud of my Irish heritage...we're crooked, but we're likable crooks.

wolfdancer
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
39 years without justice...
If you think that's bad.....it's been over a year now without a break from his idiotic postings, since lww slithered over here.

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe Nixon but probably the one against Goldwater was the first I recall. Nonetheless, I like the idea of a crook being elected, at least you know what you have.

I rather foolishly look forward to the debates and how both candidates will weasel out of any solid answers. I don't know who you have to know to get a few hard quesions asked but, so far, not many have made it through. It's hard to see how, with all the networks fauning over Obama , they will be able to settle on the questioners for the general debates. I got a kick out of Jon Stewart last night saying McCain was visiting Bush sr. so he'd look younger in comparison, but he didn't. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif