farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull
to "service" a few cows.
BAM!!! It all came into perspective. I now
understand what all those "service" agencies are
doing to us.

sack316
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
he he, indeed my friend!

Really makes me wonder about the old Service Merchandise chain /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif are they even still around?

Sack

LWW
07-22-2008, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I became confused when I heard these terms
which reference the word "service".
Internal Revenue "Service"
U.S. Postal "Service"
Telephone "Service"
T.V. "Service"
Civil "Service"
City & County Public "Service"
Customer "Service"
and "Service" Stations

This is not what I thought
"service" meant. But today, I overheard two
farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull
to "service" a few cows.
BAM!!! It all came into perspective. I now
understand what all those "service" agencies are
doing to us.

</div></div>
Yet you bleat incessantly about how we need more and more levels of gubmint?

LWW

eg8r
07-22-2008, 08:20 AM
That was pretty funny and sad all at the same time. These are the same people that many Americans want controlling their healthcare.

eg8r

bsmutz
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yet you bleat incessantly about how we need more and more levels of gubmint?

LWW </div></div>
Better incessant bleating than the incessant cow manure you spew forth incessantly with your incessant posts...

wolfdancer
07-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Bill, I've missed your welcome comments here.
Playing any tournaments lately? I kind of gave up pool for golf, at least for the next few months....I'm getting about the same results...can't get the ball into the hole.
Hope that you and the wife are doing fine. I'm tempted to buy a gps unit just so I can figure out how to stop over without getting lost in the process. I've got a young married couple, both into pool, that I'd like you to meet.

bsmutz
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi, Jack. You were gone so long on here, I thought I was going to have to call to see if you had moved to the golf course. I'm taking the summer off from league and tournaments. I've been depriving myself of the pleasure of making El Dum Dum feel welcome here lately. Kind of a fair weather truce of sorts.

You can always call me from La Center and I can send up a flare, or call and I'll come meet you at the freeway. Of course, if you stopped by more often than once every five years or so... Hope the summer's going well for you. If you can distract your opponent(s) during your approach shot to the green, then shank the shot into the trees and start jumping up & down yelling about how it went in the hole, you can sometimes get over for a hole or two per round. Just remember to outrun them to the flag and keep your body between them and the hole as you bend down to "pick up your ball". ; )