PDA

View Full Version : High Gas Prices, Blame Obama, McCain does

Jeff
07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Talk about hypocritical and a few other terms.

McCain's new ad blames Obama for the high gas prices. His excuse is the lack of drilling.

Here is the tv ad:

http://www.youtube.com/v/EiTpS4MK3D8&hl=en&fs=1

But McCain was against drilling before he was for it. (He still opposes drilling in Alaskan wildlife refuges.) Is that a flip-flop?

McCain himself said the high gas prices were thirty years in the making. View him saying it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsUK3OMg11c

So Mccain said before that high gas prices were thirty years in the making, and we need to open up new drilling (which he WAS opposed to).

But now it's Obama's fault......... How typical

eg8r
07-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Yes McCain is flip flopping. They both are at this point and it sucks to have to vote for one of them. My vote will probably be for any libertarian on the ticket and I don't care what that does to the Reps or the Dems. I just cannot, with a right mind, vote for McCain or Obama.

eg8r

Jeff
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes McCain is flip flopping. They both are at this point and it sucks to have to vote for one of them. My vote will probably be for any libertarian on the ticket and I don't care what that does to the Reps or the Dems. I just cannot, with a right mind, vote for McCain or Obama.

eg8r </div></div>

If Ron Paul was on the ticket, I would be voting for him.

But as it is, I will be voting for Obama for the simple reason I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't vote and McCain was elected.

If McCain gets elected (which I highly doubt, thank God) Iraq would be a schoolyard pushing match compared to what he would get us into.

DickLeonard
07-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Eg8r thinking like that will sink the Republican Ship. My hope is for Obama so we can go back to a Democrazy. Spend weeks reading the Constitution and See all the violations and send all the criminals to Jail. Over turn GWBs Pardon and turn him over to the War Crimes Tribunal.

Remember Ralph Nader gave us George Bush. ####

eg8r
07-22-2008, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eg8r thinking like that will sink the Republican Ship.</div></div>Not sure what it matters. McCain is a Democrat so voting for him will be a vote for the Dems.

Your reference to Ralph Nader is the reason why I posted the second half of my post when I stated I did not care how it affects the Reps or Dems

eg8r

Bambu
07-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Sink the republican ship? That happened long ago, 9/11/01. These days it just digs its way, deeper and deeper into the ocean bottom.

MAC
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM
If that sank the ship why did the Republicans stay a float in the 2004 elections. Oh, yeah because back then the same as now they pick a freaking idiot to run for president. I am not racist or have anything against women, but if you are really trying to get a Demo in office why would you throw a woman and a black man up there. Even if he does get elected someone will have him picked off in 6 months time tops.

sack316
07-22-2008, 11:10 AM
MAC, said it in the non PC way and I appreciate that. I think I danced around that same phrase back during the primaries. I said all along that if they just pushed Edwards up there he'd run away with it hands down. Hell, I probably woulda even voted for him!

Sack

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I hate (no I don't) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif to disagree but I would not have voted for Edwards as he was the furtherest left of all. I probably would have preferred Biden out of the Democrats and our Mormon bro out of the Republicans. I know Edwards had the nice hair but he was an elitist and populist for sure.

I thought Hillary would be the easiet to defeat but underestimated Obama, a lot.

sack316
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately he wasn't around long enough for me to gauge for sure where I woulda gone. But I did actually like a lot of what I heard from him in the short time he hung around. I think I hearted Huckabee... but as far as the left choices I woulda been more Edwards out of the lot.

More what I meant was for the purposes of the democratic party... he would been the more logical choice to take back the white house, given the situation.

I think everyone underestimated Obama, a lot. All his campaign people, if nothing else, will have great job security in the future from any candidate!

Sack