PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Textbooks for 4th graders

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Because they are so clearly designed for the convenience of large testing companies, I had always assumed that multiple-choice tests, the bane of any fourth grader's existence, were a quintessentially American phenomenon. But apparently I was wrong. According to a report put out by the Hudson Institute's Center for Religious Freedom last week, it seems that Saudi Arabians find them useful, too. Here, for example, is a multiple-choice question that appears in a recent edition of a Saudi fourth-grade textbook, Monotheism and Jurisprudence, in a section that attempts to teach children to distinguish "true" from "false" belief in god:

Q. Is belief true in the following instances:
a) A man prays but hates those who are virtuous.
b) A man professes that there is no deity other than God but loves the unbelievers.
c) A man worships God alone, loves the believers, and hates the unbelievers.

The correct answer, of course, is c). According to the Wahhabi imams who wrote this textbook, it isn't enough just to worship god or just to love other believers—it is important to hate unbelievers as well. By the same token, b) is also wrong. Even a man who worships god cannot be said to have "true belief" if he loves unbelievers.

"Unbelievers," in this context, are Christians and Jews. In fact, any child who sticks around in Saudi schools until ninth grade will eventually be taught that "Jews and Christians are enemies of believers." They will also be taught that Jews conspire to "gain sole control of the world," that the Christian crusades never ended, and that on Judgment Day "the rocks or the trees" will call out to Muslims to kill Jews.

These passages, it should be noted, are from new, "revised" Saudi textbooks. Following a similar analysis of earlier versions of these same textbooks in 2006, American diplomats immediately approached their Saudi counterparts about the more disturbing passages, and the Saudis agreed to conduct a "comprehensive revision … to weed out disparaging remarks towards religious groups."

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Sorta wipes out the theory that only 1% of the Muslims are not user friendly. This version was after "editing" the textbooks for less animosity toward other faiths.

If they are indoctrinating them from that early age, we can probably expect to see Israel defend itself for a few more generations. Of course, this was from the Saudis, the more pro-western of the Islamic states.</span>

wolfdancer
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Dee, not to worry...in just a little over 4 yrs from now, Dec 21,2012, all these problems will disappear, along with the earth according to an ancient Mayan manuscript.
I caught this on the History channel the other night (while lww was watching American idol reruns)
Why that date?...seems like the Mayans had an advanced knowledge of astronomy, and every 26,000 years the sun lines up with the center of the milky way....and that's the next date available.
(You may not buy into that but, I'd hold off on buying any Xmas presents until afterwards.)
Maybe we can save the planet though, by sacrificing enough virgins to appease the Gods.
Sorry, I drifted off topic a bit.....it's troubling that young Muslim minds are being taught to hate....remember how effective that was in the Hitler youth program.

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Wolfdancer,

I missed the American Idol show but have seen the Mayna prophecy on the 2012 date. You'll forgive me if I don't sell my portfolio in 2011. I think we have ahd end of times prophecy junk for a few thousand years now and we can't even get the aliens to stop porking fat chicks in Phili long enough to clue us in on the real date. I love the science, history and other real reality based networkd but with all the UFO, Bermuda Triangle and alien kidnappings shows, you begin to wonder how scientific these networks are. Do they really need to explain crop circles again?

If I see one more Egyptian scholar explain how the pyramids were constructed, I'm gonna send in Rivera with a flashlight. Now, I may beleive in God and that may make me as out of touch as the next guy (if he's a deluded Democrat) but, aside from that, I'd like just one alien to step up and bitch slap someone and say, "See, I am real and who the hell called me Swamp Gas?" Beyond that, you can keep all the conspiracy theories and end of times BS.

I beleive we should polute the atmosphere and die out like God intended. No bitching, no complaining. I am about ready to see if the next generation, silicon based life will do better. I wonder if Busty the stripper could be considered silicon based life?

wolfdancer
07-22-2008, 12:54 PM
As Ed would say...now, that was funny!
For some reason, all the alien abductions take place in Kentucky, W. Virginia, and Tennessee, the Hillbilly Triangle, and like a Bush appointee, they ain't pHd candidates, not even GED....
You may get your wish; here's a late news flash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY
klaatu barada nikto !!!

LWW
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Ed would say...now, that was funny!
For some reason, all the alien abductions take place in Kentucky, W. Virginia, and Tennessee, the Hillbilly Triangle, and like a Bush appointee, they ain't pHd candidates, not even GED....
You may get your wish; here's a late news flash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfpSXI8_UpY
klaatu barada nikto !!! </div></div>
Are you implying hondo has been abducted and probed?

LWW

Deeman3
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Wolfdancer,

You know how to soften me up, my favorite movie of all time.

I won't mention that after Jimmy Carter saw his UFO I knew they were bunk. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Now, with Kucinich seeing one as well, I may be convinced they have mated with some women on Earth. Have you see that little fellas ears?

I also have to admit that southerners who find them in the middle of a swamp while imbibing a quart of the clear stuff may be at question as well. The "I don't care if you beleive me, I saw something!" seems a little lame when uttered by a guy in a plaid shirt with tobacco staining his shirt.

I know, when i see a strange light in the sky it might be pretty easy to make the leap that it's Martians, especially when i just downed my 19th beer. May the force be with you.

eg8r
07-22-2008, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, with Kucinich seeing one as well, I may be convinced they have mated with some women on Earth. Have you see that little fellas ears? </div></div>For wolfie, Now that was funny. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

mike60
07-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Deeman, Saudi Arabia has 27.6 million citizens and there are over a Billion Muslims. If all the Saudi are wahabi and they are not all wahabi that's not a large
percentage. It is true all but one of the 9/11/01 highjackers were Saudi.

mike60

Deeman3
07-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Mike,

This argument goes back to almost 9/11 itself here as one group of us, having seen widespread celebrations by the Muslim community, even outside the mainstream fundamentlaist groups over the attacks of 9/11, felt there was no expression of outrage among the wider Muslim population.

The very point of the above, while it does not represent every single Muslim, shows that in the techings of the faith itself, in their schools, the doctrine is based on a radical view of those outside Islam. Not the tolerant group of people we would like to believe they are. While there is some generlization here, the Saudis provide the majority of textbooks for the Muslim world from Africa to Tunsia to even Madrasses in Europe.

I know all Muslims are not evil, but it's not a paltry 1% as some claim.