PDA

View Full Version : An update on my wife

cueball1950
07-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I just thought i would post and update oh her condition on here for those interested. At present there is not much time left. Her right lung is totally gone and her left lung is only operating at about 10%. she is on continuous oxygen and as of late her breathing has gotten even worse. She is under the care of hospice at home and yesterday the supervising nurse informed me that the puffers and nebulizers are starting to have little effect anymore. And that soon all i will have to do is just give her the morphine (MS CONTIN 30mg 2 3 times a day) along with her other meds and just let nature take it's course.

I am getting along as well as can be expected and trying my best to hold up. Hopefully the good Lord will make her transition a quiet one while she sleeps. I am currently waiting for the funeral home to call me back so that i do not have to wait until the last minute to make the arrangements. Thanks to everybody on here for their emails and such expressing their support and prayers. I know this belongs in the npr section but this is the 1st one that came up.....sorry..................mike

Eric.
07-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Mike,

As always, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Eric

zombiemodder
07-22-2008, 05:41 PM
My prayers are with you and your family.

Rich R.
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Mike, I am very sorry to hear about your wife's deteriorating condition.

I know you are taking the best possible care of your wife. Please don't forget to take care of yourself too.

I wish you the best possible, in this situation.

Brian in VA
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Mike,

I'm holding you and your wife in my thoughts tonight and hope that her passing is a peaceful one. Stay well my friend!

Brian in VA

Scott Lee
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Mike...Ditto on what Brian said! You're definitely in our thoughts and prayers!

Scott Lee

Eric.
08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Just keeping you in everyone's thoughts, Mike.

Eric

eg8r
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Mike, you family is always in our thoughts and prayers.

eg8r