forever and ever.
So be it.

mike60
07-23-2008, 01:28 AM
nAz, Very cool.

mike60

eg8r
07-23-2008, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are the best evolutionary adaptation
we have for helping this earth now and
forever and ever.
</div></div>I found the "prayer" pretty funny and this last part especially. The author believes he/she is what he/she is through evolution but for some reason closes out the prayer thinking evolution has stopped with them. If you believe in evolution you cannot possibly believe that your current adaption is the best forever and ever. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
07-23-2008, 07:58 AM
ahhh... eg8r Confucius say...

Sack

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
isn't an agnostic, just an atheist hedging their bets?

Deeman3
07-23-2008, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">isn't an agnostic, just an atheist hedging their bets?
</div></div>

That's good. I always wondered what all the fuss is about anyway. I beleive in God, not in any church or particular hard doctrine. In the end, it does not really matter except to the individual at death and, if it's all smoke and mirrors, not even to him. At that final slide into home, if there is life after death and faith (note, I did not say religeon) has it right, some bet hedgers may be uncomfortable and even fearful. If it is all temporal and we just fade away, we probably won't ever know as we will be "looking for the light" as it dims out.

I think I have had faith that life goes on just becuase I am optimistic and feel that it is just as easy for life to be infinite as temporal, given we thik we know so much science and we really know so little. Do you think a very rational scientist of any previous period would have ever been convinced they had facts as wrong as they did? It's all vantage point and reference. Can and am I accused of belief in a God who I can't prove? You bet. However, despite the efforts of many to tie us all together in an extreamist camp, you won't find me out trying to convert non-believers, bombing abortion clinics or even killing Muslims beyond what I feel is needed to make me safer.

I could pretent to be more "enlightened" and say I had no faith in God. However, despite not being evangelical my faith does ask that I stand up for my beliefs. If not, there is little reason for having such faith beyond personal comfort which, of course, is not important beyond yourself.

I do, as well, believe in personal freedom. I would prefer those who say they do be more in actual favor of it even when the subject of mocking is, for instance, Muslims, Jews and even to the use of the silly "N" word or other distractions. Selective outrage is, while humorous, still selective.

My prayer for the atheists is that they continue their lack of faith as it makes more room for me in the afterlife and at my size I need it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Couldn't have said it any better deeman. Except for the size part. I'll probably be able to slip between the bars of the pearly gates... me and all the Mexicans. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Despite my early years in a boarding house, where at age 6, I had to often skip lunch and stand in a dark cellar instead, because I couldn't say the Apostles Creed in Latin, and Then add in 8 years of the Nuns beating religion into me with their pointer, and 3 years as an alter Boy.... religion is still a tough issue with me. I just try not to covet the neighbor's wife and goodies....but I would like that 50" flat screen tv, and maybe just one roll in the hay for good luck...
I last attended church some 30 odd years ago....Midnite Mass on Christmas eve in Brocton, Mass.....home of the "Brockton Blockbuster", Rocky Marciano. Knocking heavyweights out, while weighing in at 185 himself....I think makes him "lb for lb..."
Hmmm, that might be slightly off topic...but at my age, you got to cut me some slack...a short attention span....

Deeman3
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I am not a member of any organized church as the details and dogma do not set well with me. I do attend some services at different churches to worship on occasion. My wife, sends signifigant money to a church that is very far away as she is a member there.

I don't handle snakes, at least in terms of faith, I try to keep the commandments but, like you, covet my 42" screens and DVR. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

nAz
07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div> If you believe in evolution you cannot possibly believe that your current adaption is the best forever and ever. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Im waiting to grow a third eye on the back of my head. that way i can check out the ladies as they walk pass me.

nAz
07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">isn't an agnostic, just an atheist hedging their bets?
</div></div>

I belief that one cannot know anything about something of non material nature. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif