PDA

View Full Version : On the lighter side...

pooltchr
07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
I am very proud that the company I work for is working with ABC and Extreme Home Makeover to help a family here in Charlotte next week. We are one of the corporate partners, and will be providing site transportation all week. I also asked my boss if I could work on the site in the mornings next week, and got his approval, so I will be one of the "blue shirts".

If you haven't seen this program, set aside an hour on a Sunday night. It's a rare opportunity to see some pretty deserving people have their lives changed forever.

Steve

eg8r
07-24-2008, 07:29 AM
What an awesome opportunity to help a family in need.

eg8r

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Steve,

Have fun. We don't want to see you crying all over the 2 x 4's and hugging the camera people if you make the TV portion. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I think it is nice of you to participate.

mike60
07-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Steve, You realize of course this puts you and President Carter on the same side. Helping people is beyond political difference. Thanks.

michaelsixty

pooltchr
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Actually, the cool part is that nobody is on anybody's side. While we talk a lot of politics on here, it occupies only a small part of my energy. There are other more important things, and when I'm on my deathbed, I hope that I am remembered for far more than my conservative political views.
I don't even know who the people are, whether they are conservative, liberal, christian, jew, black, white, brown, or pink....and it doesn't matter. We all have more in common than we have differences.
But from a political reference, I should point out that no government agency is involved in the project. There is a fairly impressive list of corporations that are donating everything. So in spite of what you may have heard, "big business" isn't all that bad.

I will report back after next week and let you know how it goes.

Steve

DickLeonard
07-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Pooltchr way to go. Maybe I totally misjudged you.%###

pooltchr
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pooltchr way to go. Maybe I totally misjudged you.%###

</div></div>
Probably not! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm still a conservative! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
Steve

mike60
07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Steve, A conservative conserving too cool.

right on brother.

mike

wolfdancer
07-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Steve, nice going !!!
I've removed one of the pins from your voodoo doll
Steve and Jimmy Carter, fellow carpenters....who wudda thought!!!

pooltchr
07-29-2008, 04:30 AM
For anyone interested...

http://www.extrememakeovercharlotte.com/index.html

Steve