PDA

View Full Version : How low will it go?

LWW
07-24-2008, 02:45 AM
Already under $125 a barrel ... down from $145 10 days ago.

$4.149 a gallon locally, down from $4.149 10 days ago.

In the meantime the far left talking heads ... the guys who said drilling wouldn't do anything to lower prices for 10 years ... are tripping over themselves to explain why merely taking a baby step towards drilling by removing the EO against coastal drilling couldn't POSSIBLY have anything to do with.

W-wh-wh-why it can't be that speculators are speculating the US might finally pull it's collective head from it's collective arse and stop being the laughing stock of the world in this area.

If congress would begin to actually act in our best interests we would be on the fast track to $1.50 a gallon gasoline again.

Once the Arabs lose their bootlickers in congress the only chance they have to keep our oil off the market is to make it unprofitable to pump it.

LWW

Qtec
07-24-2008, 05:29 AM
You are delusional.

Why has the price fallen?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oil price falls nearly $4 US
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 | 5:07 PM ET Comments43Recommend38
CBC News

Oil prices slid again Wednesday after a positive U.S. government inventory reports and a rise in the U.S. dollar against the euro.

Crude oil was down $3.98 a barrel to $124.44 in trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. That follows a drop of $3.09 on Tuesday.

The price slid after the U.S. government reported that crude supplies fell less than expected in the week ended July 18, and that there was more gasoline in stockpiles than had been expected.

Concern that Hurricane Dolly might damage U.S. production in the Gulf of Mexico dwindled as the storm neared the Texas/Mexico border.

Because oil is in priced in dollars, its price falls as the greenback gains against other currencies. </div></div>

The truth is that there are 1,000s of oil leases not being exploited.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON – In an effort to provide relief to consumers struggling to cope with high gas prices, U.S. Rep. Bart Gordon is urging Congress to require oil companies to use their drilling permits or lose them.

Gordon cites a report from the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Natural Resources that says the federal government has issued thousands of leases that oil and gas companies are not using to drill on public land. According to the report, it is estimated from today’s production rates that the 68 million acres of federal land that is leased but not drilled could nearly double total U.S. oil production and could increase gas production by more than 50 percent.

“If companies used the permits they are holding and increased domestic production, the United States could cut oil imports by one-third,” said Gordon. “Congress needs to send a message to oil companies and tell them they can’t just stockpile leases to artificially inflate oil prices. We need legislation that will force companies to use their drilling permits or lose their leases and let someone else drill on that land.”

Gordon said he is hopeful that legislation will be introduced in the coming weeks to require the “use it or lose it” stipulation on drilling permits.
</div></div>

The price today is STILL more than 3 times what it was before GW invaded Iraq.

Q

Jeff
07-24-2008, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Already under $125 a barrel ... down from $145 10 days ago.

<span style="color: #FF0000">$4.149 a gallon locally, down from $4.149 10 days ago.</span>

LWW </div></div>

So did anyone else notice this?

A new day and still a f**king idiot.

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 07:11 AM
We are paying $3.77 a gallon. It had dropped from about $3.92 a week ago.

Vapros
07-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Give it up, son - it's a bad match. You would need the pink and the pop and the last four.

LWW
07-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Wow@

Jeff busted me on a typos at 4:45 AM and it makes his day.

I pity you dude. but ... you are right. It's a new day and you are still an idiot.

Gas is down to $3.549 local.

LWW

LWW
07-24-2008, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You are delusional.

Why has the price fallen?

Q </div></div>
The truth is you are so driven by hate you have no intellectual integrity left.

It was like a light switch.

When a light bulb lights up a number of things had to contribute ... ranging from my paying the light bill to Edison's invention of the incandescent bulb to the conditions of things happening at the quantum level of physics.

One can argue accurately that all of those things had to be in place for the light bulb to light up. The fact remains that all of those things were in place before the bulb lit up as well.

The event which triggered the bulb emanating light was the flipping of the switch. All of the rest is a semantic argument to avoid the obvious.

LWW

LWW
07-24-2008, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The truth is that there are 1,000s of oil leases not being exploited.

Q </div></div>
The truth is you are so driven by hatred that you will swallow whatever the moonbats put on the spoon for you.

LWW

LWW
07-24-2008, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The price today is STILL more than 3 times what it was before GW invaded Iraq.

Q </div></div>
The truth is that the US is at war again and you sit in Eurabia afraid to defend your owned damned nation and culture just like you did the last time the fascisti reared their ugly heads ... and your biggest concern is that we might piss them off by stopping their funding.

LWW

eg8r
07-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Why not hold down the excitement until gas is down around $2.00. Gas is still at $3.95/gal here in Orlando.

eg8r

LWW
07-24-2008, 07:31 AM
If congress gets on board I think we are straight on our way to $1.50/gallon.

LWW

Jeff
07-24-2008, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The truth is you are so driven by hatred that you will swallow whatever the moonbats put on the spoon for you.

LWW </div></div>

You truly are stupid aren't you. I call you an idiot and a few other things, but in real life, you really aren't a very bright person are you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You take the insults that others say to you and use them in other posts. You take a stupid right wing talking point and say it 5,000 times.

What's on the spoon, he's eating from the spoon, spoon fed, quit eating from the spoon..............spoon spoon spoon..........

But it's starting to make sense. I always knew you were an idiot in how you post and things you say to people. But you "really" are a stupid person in everyday life.

I once asked you:

Are you so stupid that you don't know you're stupid, or so stupid that you don't care you are stupid?

I think I finally have my answer.

LWW
07-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Yet I can make you dance like a puppet.

LWW

Jeff
07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet I can make you dance like a puppet.

LWW </div></div>

So just so everyone understands

Your master plan is to post stupid racist hate filled threads everyday just to make people "think" you are a stupid man posting stupid racist hate filled threads?

Great plan

It's working

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
07-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Dream on...there is an increasing demand for oil, and we have used up half of the world's supply already, according to some reports.We have about 30 years worth left.
oil (http://www.planetforlife.com/oilcrisis/index.html)
But not to worry, Bush is in solid with the sand people, for the next few months
ANd the artic ice will be gone in just 5 years....Global warming, ever here of that???
Ice (http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.1901193.0.Summer_ice_in_Arctic_will_be _gone_in_under_five_years.php)

cheesemouse
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet I can make you dance like a puppet.

LWW </div></div>

Your master plan is to post stupid racist hate filled threads everyday just to make people "think" you are a stupid man posting stupid racist hate filled threads?

Great plan

It's working

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
</div></div>Shhhhhhhhhh...Jeff, don't let him in on what he's doing. We've got him in a game of three dimensional chess and he has reached his level of incompetence and he will stay there during the whole game. He is goooood for the cause. Leave the poor dupe alone man....:)

nAz
07-24-2008, 11:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not hold down the excitement until gas is down around $2.00. Gas is still at $3.95/gal here in Orlando.

eg8r </div></div>

$4.30 here in NYC

Ed I dont think it will get less then $3... and not for nothing Id like to see stay aroud there... maybe wake up people in Detroit and the rest of the coutry that we need to do more to conserve.

eg8r
07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
I also don't think we will see prices much lower either. I sure hope EESTOR and ZENN can come up with an affordable electric option.

eg8r

wolfdancer
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
No self serving, right winger would be caught dead in a Zenn...with a dead prostitute, or a live boy, maybe....but not in a zero emissions car...who needs zero emissions anyway since they do not contribute to any "temperature anomalies' (that's code for GW).
And if this car did become popular, it would put Deeman out of a job, and he'd end up managing a McDonald's probably....

LWW
07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet I can make you dance like a puppet.

LWW </div></div>

Great plan

It's working

</div></div>
Please cite a "stupid racist hate filled thread" Jef ... that or make your mother proud and retract your stupid statement.

LWW

LWW
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No self serving, right winger would be caught dead in a Zenn...with a dead prostitute, or a live boy, maybe....but not in a zero emissions car...who needs zero emissions anyway since they do not contribute to any "temperature anomalies' (that's code for GW).
And if this car did become popular, it would put Deeman out of a job, and he'd end up managing a McDonald's probably.... </div></div>
Clueless again.

I own a LEV and ZEV's weren't available when I last bought a new vehicle.

LWW

wolfdancer
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I have to agree with you on this one, as much as I hate to admit it, but what's right is right....
Jeff, you should remove "racist" from "stupid,racist, hate filled thread"

Deeman3
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And if this car did become popular, it would put Deeman out of a job, and he'd end up managing a McDonald's probably.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Hey, the little critters we make get pretty good mileage but I am looking ahead to managing the first real electric car plant. At the speed we are racing toward that, should be about 2052! </span>

eg8r
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Well you are probably right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If Toyota keeps making ugly cars like they Prius they won't have to worry about right wingers either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not hold down the excitement until gas is down around $2.00. Gas is still at $3.95/gal here in Orlando.

eg8r </div></div>

Here in WV also, Eg.

LWW
07-25-2008, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well you are probably right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If Toyota keeps making ugly cars like they Prius they won't have to worry about right wingers either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>
Being an auto and tech geek I think the Prius is a way cool car in a number of ways

The cooler one is the Lexus high performance hybrid however.

LWW

LWW
07-25-2008, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not hold down the excitement until gas is down around $2.00. Gas is still at $3.95/gal here in Orlando.

eg8r </div></div>

Here in WV also, Eg. </div></div>
Still cheaper than shine! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Down to $3.479 here.

Maybe we don't have EEEVILLL capitalist station oners here? It drops a few cents to a dime everyday anymore.

Oil dropped like a rock this afternoon. Down to $123 something.

LWW

LWW

mike60
07-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Larry, Its still $4.65 premium in Berkeley. Old Audis won't run on regular. For kicks google the TESLA electric car made in California faster than a Ferrari,
costs about as much, over 100mph, decent range. Good start now to cut the price down to size. Price drops could be from decreased demand. Something
like 17 million less miles driven this year compared to the same period last year.

Keep 'em shiny,

michaelsixty

LWW
07-26-2008, 03:25 AM
Teslas ar a vey cool car if you can afford the entry fee. 17M miles in a nation this size is what ... a gallon of gas per vehicle?

LWW

LWW
07-26-2008, 03:26 AM
BTW, what was it 2 weeks ago?

California must tax the Hades out of fuel ... and Berkeley being Berkeley probably has it's own boutique blends of oil as well.

LWW

Wally_in_Cincy
07-26-2008, 01:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
... and Berkeley being Berkeley probably has it's own boutique blends of oil as well.

LWW </div></div>

Yeah, the exhaust smells like pot smoke

Wally_in_Cincy
07-26-2008, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dream on...there is an increasing demand for oil, and we have used up half of the world's supply already, according to some reports.We have about 30 years worth left.
</div></div>

But they said that 30 years ago too.

"They" (Paul Ehrlich and his ilk) also said the world would be out of food by now.

wolfdancer
07-26-2008, 02:08 PM
Well then maybe you should read the latest reports instead of living in the past....or just dismissing it as another leftist conspiracy. But what else could I expect from someone that poses a
question like "How many libs are on public assistance?"
Say, how many conservatives are convicted pederasts ?
That's about as stupid as your ****** insinuation.

But, not to worry....I'm predicting the world will end long before we run out of oil...besides the Mayan reference, we also have a Biblical code...
http://www.astronomybuff.com/bible-codes-predict-a-comet-will-smash-into-us-in-2012/

LWW
07-26-2008, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
... and Berkeley being Berkeley probably has it's own boutique blends of oil as well.

LWW </div></div>

Yeah, the exhaust smells like pot smoke </div></div>
You say that like it's a bad thing.

LWW

LWW
07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
They said that in the 1800's.

Peak oil has been right around the corner for over a century.

Every decade has began with higher proven oil reserves than the dcade before also.

Amazing how that works out.

LWW

LWW
07-26-2008, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well then maybe you should read the latest reports instead of living in the past....or just dismissing it as another leftist conspiracy. But what else could I expect from someone that poses a

But, not to worry....I'm predicting the world will end long before we run out of oil...besides the Mayan reference, we also have a Biblical code...
http://www.astronomybuff.com/bible-codes-predict-a-comet-will-smash-into-us-in-2012/

</div></div>
That was actually almost lucid wolfie.

I've said for years that peak oil will never arrive.

LWW

wolfdancer
07-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh my God, Saints preserve.....a reply from LWW, without some base insults, save for the qualifier "almost"

wolfdancer
07-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Beautiful city, nice people, great Golf Course (Tilden Park)
I had the pleasure of playing there every week for a few years, then sampling the town's charms. I envy Mike living in such a great place, surrounded by academics.
Pot smoking at many of the Bay Areas golf courses was en vogue then. I never could understand how they could do both???

sack316
07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
well it makes sense, as time goes on and as technology advances, we are able to explore, find, and retrieve from areas that were formerly unavailable. We can drill deeper, and expand out into oceans further. Sure one can say we will run out of oil by date "X"... as far as what we know is there... but I beleive we have no idea how much our planet actually holds. And of course as we explore alternatives, and find more efficient ways to use what we do have now, the prospect of "going dry" seems fairly unlikely.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
07-26-2008, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well then maybe you should read the latest reports instead of living in the past....or just dismissing it as another leftist conspiracy. But what else could I expect from someone that poses a

</div></div>

You don't have to get nasty.

I notice you did not address my point.

mike60
07-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello from Berkeley. We've got high prices and other things, golfers, bike riders, tree huggers. The gasoline in California is mixed with MBTE (?) that has gotten into the ground water so now it's being phased out. The air in Berkeley is the marine layer off SF Bay. So when it's 100f in the valley it's 65f here.
Marijuana is legal here in California with a Doctors letter. In Berkeley it's been a ticket for less than an ounce since 1973. If you are found to have pot in Oakland they give you 48 hours to get a Doctors Letter. The Police are free to go after meth and the other hard drugs. There are legal outlets for pot.
It is legal to grow pot in your home or yard with a Doctors Letter.

I almost forgot, I agree there is most likely more oil and natural gas then we've discovered yet and we will be able to recover it safely with improved methods of drilling and pipelines. Plus we'll use it better with less pollution. We've got to use all the energy available to survive. We will survive.

michaelsixty

Qtec
07-30-2008, 03:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But developing those resources would take time. A report last year by the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration said that "access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017." It added, "Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant." </div></div> link (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/13/AR2008071302052_2.html)

Q

LWW
07-30-2008, 03:41 AM
On a more serious note ... that was among the most ridiculous talking points I had ever heard BEFORE it was proven wrong by the pump price dropping 17% ... $4.149 to $343.9 ... in under a month.

To continue arguing the same nonsense in the face of hard reality is unfathomable ... unless one is a simple parrot for the far left,

LWW

Qtec
07-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Lets get this straight. On the one side we have a report by the USA's top scientists and all you have to counter them is YOUR own pathetic opinion????

You have lost it. You are officially incapable of distinguishing reality from your own fantasy dream world.

We have a report by the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration [ with facts, figures and graphs] V's LWW,s "I don't believe it". !!!
LOL

What is this?

Yes it is.
No it isn't.
Yes it is.
No it isn't.

Answer- LWW's definition of a debate/discussion!

LOL

Q

Q

LWW
07-30-2008, 07:17 PM
It is not my opinion at all.

It is an observable fact.

Fact trumps anyone's and everyone's opinion.

Deal with it.

LWW

nAz
07-30-2008, 11:18 PM
so someone told bUSH what to say and oil drops... then that must means oil tripled because of what bUSH has done in the last seven years, i mean he was in charge and had a both houses at his beck and call.
you know oil went down for several reasons, what he said didn't have very much to do with it. its all a ploy to put pressure on congress and democrats so as to deflect any criticism of his failed energy policies... and worse to continue those failed policies.

sack316
07-31-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm kinda with Naz on this one. I think originally I said it seemed nothing more than a political stunt... but a stunt I'm glad was done and was much needed anyway. mainly because it will help, even if only a little (indeed there are more factors in the dropping price than just Bush's move). And now the pressure is on Congress, and I'm interested to see if some kind of resolution is at least worked on... or if summer vacation is more important. And my current displeasure with congress goes to both sides. Each wants their own way, and will do whatever to get their way... and in the mean time who is suffering?

At any rate, no matter how small the step and no matter what the reasoning for the action-- it's long overdue. And should have been done long before W was anything more than just a Jr.

I'm leaning towards both sides having their way. Make a race of it. Let the left fund and persue more alternative and greener means, let the right fund and push for drilling. Whoever gets a significant amount to the market first wins. And maybe in 5-10 years we will be drowning in an overabundance of energy. As it is right now, 5-10 years from now will probably still just be more pissing matches. Afterall, right now IS the 10 years last time we went through some of this crap, right?

Sack

nAz
07-31-2008, 04:46 AM
Sack... there will probably be no real change, but hopefully i'll be wrong.
i swear both sides are truly not serious about doing anything "risky" whether its pumping more oil or seriously funding alternate fuels like they do with conventional fuels. their political careers out much more important.

LWW
07-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Here's how you fix the energy crisis ... get the gubmint out of the way and let the free market work.

What we are seeing now is gubmint intervention causing a forced restriction of supply.

Alternatives energy will NEVER work until they are cost competitive with petroleum.

LWW

Deeman3
07-31-2008, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack... there will probably be no real change, but hopefully i'll be wrong.
i swear both sides are truly not serious about doing anything "risky" whether its pumping more oil or seriously funding alternate fuels like they do with conventional fuels. their political careers out much more important. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> nAz, Truer words have never been spoken. When you are right, you are right. In a way, energy policy is much too serious to be left to the politicians, adults must deal with it. </span>

eg8r
07-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Do you remember the quote from Daschle, "You can't Professionalize unless you Federalize!" These politicians will never take their grubby hands off this especially if it can keep them in office.

eg8r

sack316
07-31-2008, 11:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack... there will probably be no real change, but hopefully i'll be wrong.
i swear both sides are truly not serious about doing anything "risky" whether its pumping more oil or seriously funding alternate fuels like they do with conventional fuels. their political careers out much more important. </div></div>

I agree Naz. They seem to know that as long as there is something out there to demonize an opposing party on, that they will be able to gain votes.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather see someone do something positive to earn an office... I dunno, maybe accomplishing something, anything in order to get and maintain support. You know, NOT just pointing fingers and selling themselves as "not as bad" as the other guy.

Sack