PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go HMMMM ...

LWW
07-25-2008, 02:23 AM
Unlike most nut jobs, he has some credibility.

Anyone know if he's senile or still lucid?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moon-walker claims alien contact cover-up
July 24, 2008 12:01am
Article from: Font size: + - Send this article: Print Email
FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'</div></div>

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24070088-13762,00.html

LWW

sack316
07-25-2008, 10:04 AM
I saw this last night... on Red Eye of all things. I dunno, I think the guy has unfortunately lost it.

He's also been really into studying ESP all his life, even going so far as to found the Institute of Noetic Sciences. SO he's been spending the last few decades trying to bend spoons with his mind or heal with it and stuff. Which don't get me wrong, I think is kinda cool anyway. But he's either really just not there in the head these days, or he's on a whole other level of thought and awareness from us. I'm not sure which.

I'm just happy that it's not some of my or deeman's neighbors this time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif This dude has some respect and credibility!

Oh, or my other theory is that Chris Carter threw a chunk of change at him, as this just so happens to be right around the time the new X-Files movie is coming out to far less attention than some other movies. Who knows?

Sack

wolfdancer
07-25-2008, 11:24 AM
"Anyone know if he's senile or still lucid?"
I've been trying to figure out the same thing about you.

Chopstick
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't know about this guy but many of our space flights have reported some weird stuff floating around out there. Too bad our propulsion systems are too weak to go check some of it out. They were showing films of that thing hanging around Apollo 11 the other day on TV.

I have seen lots of strange things in the sky. Not too long ago a manatee popped his head up out of the water right in front of two guys fishing in the Wolf river in Memphis Tn. Scared the crap out of them. They went running up the hill yelling about a sea monster. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

sack316
07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
I saw a photo of him on TV with a weird red glowing circle around his head. But that may have just been them circling him in the group photo /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
07-25-2008, 12:12 PM
I really wonder what we know, don't know about the Universe, intellegent life and belly button lint but guess we will all have to wait unitl death (for those who believe in LAD) to find out for sure.

I do think we have no concept of how much is going on out there. I just don't believe these guys have the answer any more than our scientists know about GW. I also don't think the little green guys wouyld stop by without saying "Hello" a little clearer.

sack316
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree deeman. Hell, we don't even know all that much about our own oceans, planet, and atmosphere in reality. So I'm fairly certain what we know outside of Earth is quite limited in the grand scheme of things.

I do also think it is quite a human ego complex to think that we may be the end all be all of life in such a vast universe.

I wouldn't need to know much about alien life though. All I really need to know is do I talk to it, have sex with it, or kill it?

Sack

wolfdancer
07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Dee, it's obvious that they are interested in relocating to Tenn, W. Va, and Kentucky, having decided through the many tests they conducted on abducted humans....that this is there best chance for a genetic match.

Deeman3
07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dee, it's obvious that they are interested in relocating to Tenn, W. Va, and Kentucky, having decided through the many tests they conducted on abducted humans....that this is there best chance for a genetic match. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> God yes! Look what they did to poor Hondo in West Virgina! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Fortunately, my take it that they don't have the guts to move on Alabama as the last time they cruised in, two were shot by drunk farmers and one was raped by prison guards in the woods outside Birmingham. The offspring even frightened them.</span>

LWW
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
http://img188.exs.cx/img188/7174/trollspray.jpg

LWW

wolfdancer
07-25-2008, 12:30 PM
HMMMM !!!

wolfdancer
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
LOLOL !!!!

LWW
07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HMMMM !!! </div></div>
I know, it doesn't take much with you.

LWW

mike60
07-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Larry, There are a bunch of mentions by Astronauts of being followed by formations of lights and silvery shiny objects. Trained observers like airline pilots and AirForce
pilots have been reporting ufo encounters since WW2. This guy walked on the Moon. He was highly regarded by NASA or they wouldn't have sent him up. I'd like to meet
someone from another planet.

michaelsixty

Chopstick
07-25-2008, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd like to meet

michaelsixty </div></div>

Allow me to introduce Jeff. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Chopstick
07-25-2008, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do think we have no concept of how much is going on out there. I just don't believe these guys have the answer any more than our scientists know about GW. </div></div>

Huh? This thread turn political already?

I once had a vision when I was doing one of those peyote vision quest things. It is said you will meet the spirit of the plant on the other plane and you get to ask a question. I asked where the UFOs come from and it told me that the UFOs were us visiting from the future and they can't stop to say hi because it would mess up the time line. Makes sense to me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

mike60
07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Chop, Works for me.

michaelsixty

LWW
07-25-2008, 02:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry, There are a bunch of mentions by Astronauts of being followed by formations of lights and silvery shiny objects. Trained observers like airline pilots and AirForce
pilots have been reporting ufo encounters since WW2. This guy walked on the Moon. He was highly regarded by NASA or they wouldn't have sent him up. I'd like to meet

michaelsixty </div></div>
Oh I know exactly what you mean Mike, I live right next door to Wright Patterson and play/associate with several active duty and retirees.

I've stories that if they are 10% true would be amazing.

I've often thought of what I would ask if I met a being from another world.

I've decided that after much stammering it would be ask them in a very broad sense to describe their beliefs as to the creation of the universe in bo=oth the scientific and religious context ... and then STFU, put on a pot of coffee, and listen as long as they felt like talking.

LWW

Chopstick
07-26-2008, 07:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've often thought of what I would ask if I met a being from another world.

I've decided that after much stammering it would be ask them in a very broad sense to describe their beliefs as to the creation of the universe in bo=oth the scientific and religious context ... and then STFU, put on a pot of coffee, and listen as long as they felt like talking.

LWW </div></div>

You already have that information. Everyone does. It's part of what you are. Seeing it inside yourself is the only answer that anyone would ever truly accept. Why ask someone else for it?

Now did that make you go HMMMM? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
07-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Nope. I suspect I would get confirmation of a sort.

That tells me nothing of how they came to their conclusions, what historical strife it caused, what it may or may not still be causing, and how deeper they may or may not have explored it.

LWW

mike60
07-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Chopstick, There are more ways to live than days to live them. What ever is in you started outside. We, humans are empty at birth and are filled up as we age.
Not being open to whatever exists is not what evolution is all about. We might learn something Larry's way.

michael60