PDA

View Full Version : The Mourning of Rackmup's Rapidly Passing Youth.

rackmup
08-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Michelle from Hawley's suggested the following meeting place:

Pugsley's Library
2443 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas
972-243-1111

SPetty, Sid Vicious, Spiderman, Ward, Les Moore, Scott Lee (if in town), Michelle, Ed, Orietta S. any other Hawley's crew, folks from Arlington CLICK'S and other DFW CCB'ers (or CCB'ers just passin' through town) are invited for an afternoon of pool, friendship, telling lies and crisply executed jumpshots to celebrate my 44 years on this wonderful planet.

I will be there around noon...the rest of you can show up at anytime. If it's anything like the last meeting, it will last until at least 11-Midnight.

Expensive gifts greatly appreciated.
Modestly priced gifts will be tolerated.
No gifts completely unacceptable.
Home furnishings greatly needed (couch, Lazy-Boy recliner, dining set, etc. needed badly!)

Seriously...it would be nice to celebrate the day with the great people of the CCB.

p.s.

All play will be on 9' tables that Michelle <font color=red>PROMISES</font color=red> me they have. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know! I hate 8' tables!

Graciously and sincerely,

Ken (it's been a long time since I had a B-Day celebration)

TomBrooklyn
08-10-2002, 01:19 AM
I won't be able to make it to your party, but I hope you have a good old fashioned birthday party, and that your birthday wishes all come true, and may your spirits be well that day and for the entire year. -Tom-

Harold Acosta
08-10-2002, 04:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Michelle from Hawley's suggested the following meeting place:

Pugley's Library
2443 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas
972-243-1111

SPetty, Sid Vicious, Spiderman, Ward, Les Moore, Scott Lee (if in town), Michelle, Ed, Orietta S. any other Hawley's crew, folks from Arlington CLICK'S and other DFW CCB'ers (or CCB'ers just passin' through town) are invited for an afternoon of pool, friendship, telling lies and crisply executed jumpshots to celebrate my 44 years on this wonderful planet.

I will be there around noon...the rest of you can show up at anytime. If it's anything like the last meeting, it will last until at least 11-Midnight.

Expensive gifts greatly appreciated.
Modestly priced gifts will be tolerated.
No gifts completely unacceptable.
Home furnishings greatly needed (couch, Lazy-Boy recliner, dining set, etc. needed badly!)

Seriously...it would be nice to celebrate the day with the great people of the CCB.

p.s.

All play will be on 9' tables that Michelle <font color=red>PROMISES</font color=red> me they have. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know! I hate 8' tables!

Graciously and sincerely,

Ken (it's been a long time since I had a B-Day celebration) <hr></blockquote>

<font color=red>[b]Feliz Cumpleaņos, Rackmup!
<font color=black>...and take it easy with the Tequila!

Rich R.
08-10-2002, 05:08 AM
I'm so sorry I won't be able to attend, but have a happy birthday Ken.
The lazy boy is in the mail.
Rich R.~~~now how do I fit in that envelope?

bluewolf
08-10-2002, 07:08 AM
44? you are just a kid LOL

bluewolf

Troy
08-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Happy Birthday young'un..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
08-10-2002, 09:50 AM
I never "took" to Pugsleys, maybe I'm hooked on more affordable suds and half my drive time(especially coming home) or maybe I'm just a bear who's found his favorite caves.

Y'all have fun without me Ken, we'll hammer some another time, another place. Have a big day, watch Orietta...you WILL get a spankin' there, helluva game! ;-) sid

Chris Cass
08-10-2002, 09:54 AM
Ken,

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! I wish I could be there to share it with you. Hope the day is fun and don't give anyone any breaks. hahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~sure wish I didn't have one coming. no wait, glad they keep coming. lol

SpiderMan
08-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Ken,

Unless they have changed, Pugsley's has some of the worst-maintained equipment of any Dallas PH I've visited. I played a tournament there a few months back, and there were literally holes in the felt. All the tables I saw were 8-footers, but it's a big place and maybe there were (better-maintained) nines elsewhere.

SpiderMan

rackmup
08-10-2002, 09:42 PM
You can count on this: if the tables are crappy, we'll be headin' over to Skillman! I'll be at Pugsley's at noon to "preview the joint".

Ken

Rod
08-11-2002, 03:28 AM
Happy Birthday Ken! Who wants to play at a library? Is this a college joint? Well anyway have fun and many more to come. When you read this, this morning give us the details. I hope everyone has a safe trip, most important.

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2002, 08:15 AM
Give my cell a call if you do steer to Skillman. I'm in forward motion right now to do home chores all day and I could use a good excuse to get out of them...sid