PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Penn and Teler BullS**T Program?

Deeman3
07-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Last night there was a program on environmental guilt by Penn and Teller. If you saw it, any comments?

Besides being funny, they are pretty thoughtful although they gave Al Gore a pretty hard time.

Chopstick
07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Haven't seen it yet. I will catch it over the weekend. I like those guys. Gore has it coming IMO. Have you noticed that in every presidential election if a candidate does not even carry his own state there is no way he wins the general election no matter how close it is. It's like, we know him and we ain't votin' for him. Happened the same way to Kerry. So if Obama doesn't get Illinois, he's done for.

Deeman3
07-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Chopstick,

You will enjoy their usual irreverent take on the guilt of Green living. Seems that, aside from using over 20 times the energy of the normal household, Big Al for 10 years has purchased carbon credits and encourages everyone else to do so. Who does he buy these from? Himslef. That's right, he and thousands of other asuage their guilt over not being green by enhancing his very own pocketbook! The aparent common thread through the entire show is the many people who "tax" the use of energy only to use the money for their own purposes. One chick with a web site who "sells" carbon credits drives an SUV, a kind of budding Al Gore, so to speak. When anyone questions this obvious scam, the greenees send deathe threats to the whistle blowers.

It's 21st century snake oil at its finest. You will enjoy the show. Of course, none of it is true. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I am wanting to lower the level of death threats against me now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Deeman, that's one of my favorite shows! I saw one they did on that from an older season... was this a new episode you saw?

In fact, I have seen a lot of discussions on here being tackled by the duo. The Wal-Mart episode especially sticks out in my mind along with the environmental one. Always good stuff, always entertaining, sometimes includes boobs (both on women and the suckers they get to agree to be bashed on there), and 99% of the time I agree with them.

"I loathe everything about Al Gore, so since Gore has been crusading against climate change it must be garbage." -Penn /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes, it was new. I DVR all their shows and like you agree with most of their stuff. I loved the sleep one last week. You are right, any excuse to show naked ladies is taken.

sack316
07-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I saw the last half of the sleep one... I was just glad to see the new season starting. As much as I love the show, there's only so many times I can watch the repeats on demand /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Those mattress salespeople were as bad or worse than the car salespersons stereotype!

Sack

Chopstick
07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
I haven't seen any of their new shows this season. The one about endangered species was great.

Deeman3
07-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Magicians may the perfect people to expose mental sleight of hand. Criss Angel does it pretty weel as well.

sack316
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
off topic, but thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_b6jmoZrY

Sack