PDA

View Full Version : Fun at Home

JoeW
07-27-2008, 07:48 AM
A buddy was over to the house last night and we played for about six hours. He is also an avid golfer -- built a house on a new golf course. He told how he played golf with another friend for $1.00 and then posted the dollar he won on his fridge when the guy came over to the house and that it was a good joke.

After he won the first set, race to 7 in 9-Ball, he says, “Lets play for a buck, but you have to sign the dollar bill.” He knows that I do not play for money. A couple of bucks here and there because a friend wants to play for a buck or two is OK but no real money games at my house and everyone knows it. Anyway, I agreed knowing that he was looking for another trophy. He lost the next two races to 7 in 8-Ball and 10-Ball. So I have his signed dollar.

In my room I have posted photos of all the players and their wives or girlfriends so that everyone can easily remember who is who. It works well for our tournaments. Now my friend’s dollar is taped to his photograph and I kidded with him that anytime he wants to win it back all he needs is to come and play another set but until he wins, the dollar stays taped to his picture.

I think that every time we play for a buck I will tape the buck to the photo. If I loose then my signed dollar goes on his photo. I only need one buck for each of us. Either he has it or I have it and the “bragging rights” are always there for anyone to see.

We had a lot of laughs over this one. The dollar bill is one way that pool players know you got someone's best game.

Fenwick
07-27-2008, 12:05 PM
That's funny. I also will not play for money now. I did the same thing back when I did gamble. But I keep them neatly folded in my wallet. I would pull them out if they started trash talk like it was $1,000 bill. Then I would offer to sell them back for $10 each. Had a few takers. This was between friends!

sack316
07-27-2008, 04:37 PM
lol, I once did something like that with a friend that was a much higher speed than I was at the time. I happened to have just an amazing night where I was so on, and beat him in a points race straight up (he was an APA 9, and I think I was a 6 at the time). Anyway, I just slaughtered him, which was exciting since it was the first victory I had over him i think. And it happened to be at the poolhall I worked at. So the scoresheet wound up in a frame hanging up by pictures of teams we had out of there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Oddly enough, at some point it vanished into thin air...

Sack