PDA

View Full Version : Have they no honor?

LWW
07-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Who says the meia is in the tank for Barack Hussein Obama? (http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/2008/07/24/Bild-was-in-fitness-studio/with-barack-obama-before-his-speech-in-berlin.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'><u>I worked out with Obama!</u></span>
HE CURLED 32 KILO DUMBBELLS NEXT TO ME +++ BARACK IS TOP FIT +++ HE DIDN’T SWEAT AT ALL

BY JUDITH BONESKY
As thousands waited at the Sieges Saule monument in Berlin to hear Obama’s sensational speech, a BILD reporter met Barack all alone – in the gym! Here's the incredible account of Judith Bonesky’s meeting…
It's 16:02pm and I’ve been training in the gym of the Ritz Carlton hotel in Berlin. A man in a suit approaches me and says: "Barack Obama is about to come and train ...“ Shortly after half past four and he actually arrives! Barack Obama is wearing a grey t-shirt, black tracksuit bottoms – and a great smile!

"Hi, how’s it going?“ asks Obama in his deep voice. My heart beats. "Very good, and you?" I say. Obama replies: "Very good, thank you!"
Obama (with toned arms and a strong back) puts on his headphones for his iPod to listen to pop music. He hums quietly. Then he jumps on a fitness bike. He pushes three times on the pedals – but then can’t be bothered with it.

He goes and picks up a pair of 16 kilo weights and starts curling them with his left and right arms, 30 repetitions on each side. Then, amazingly, he picks up the 32 kilo weights! Very slowly he lifts them, first 10 curls with his right, then 10 with his left. He breathes deeply in and out and takes a sip of water from his 0,5 litre Evian bottle.

Shortly before five o’clock Obama comes over and sits directly next to my cross-trainer on the mat. First he does 10 sit-ups, then stretches. Then he looks at his watch and says to his bodyguard: “It’s time, let’s go.” Quickly I ask: “Mr. Obama, could I take a photo?”. “Of course!” he answers, before asking my name and coming over to stand next to me.

“My name’s Judith” I reply. "I’m Barack Obama, nice to meet you!” he says, and puts his arm across my shoulder. I put my arm around his hip – wow, he didn’t even sweat! WHAT A MAN!</div></div>

Have they no honor?

LWW

Deeman3
07-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Those BILD reporters are so fair and balanced. At least this time it was a woman who got all hot and bothered. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I thought it was an ad for Evian water...
But a man that doesn't sweat...isn't that one of the 7 signs of the impending Apocalypse?

sack316
07-28-2008, 10:56 AM
first, I wanna know what pop music he was listening to. Britney? New Kids? Daughtry? I'm curious.

Second... 3 pushes on the pedals of the fitness bike? He got more workout climbing on the thing than he did actually being on it! And then he "couldn't be bothered with it"? Sounds like a lack of commitment and inability to follow through. Bad leadership qualities to have /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

third... he did thirty reps each arm with 35lb. weights, then ten each with 70lb.? The guy seems in alright shape... but I'm not so sure about that one. See if you can do it, anyone. Then tell me if you did it without sweating at all.

then, ten whole sit ups, and time to go. Not a good quality workout IMO. And if true, seems he's putting too much focus on those arms when he needs to be focusing on his midsection and legs. Usually when working out the hardest stuff to do, and the parts you don't want to be "bothered with" are what you need to work on the most. Plus you wanna work up a sweat! Sounds more like a photo and fawning story opp. than a workout.

And Spice Girls? Cultrue Club? I really wanna know what's on his ipod!

Sack

sack316
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
oh, and one more thing. Funny quote I came across in some random reading...lol:

"Six workouts a day? Jesus, if he’s so big on staying skinny, why did he ever stop doing coke?" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

mike60
07-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Sack, You are hitting on eight today, another good one.

mike60

Wally_in_Cincy
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

third... he did thirty reps each arm with 35lb. weights, then ten each with 70lb.? The guy seems in alright shape... but I'm not so sure about that one. See if you can do it, anyone. Then tell me if you did it without sweating at all.

then, ten whole sit ups, and time to go. Not a good quality workout IMO. And if true, seems he's putting too much focus on those arms when he needs to be focusing on his midsection and legs. Usually when working out the hardest stuff to do, and the parts you don't want to be "bothered with" are what you need to work on the most. Plus you wanna work up a sweat! Sounds more like a photo and fawning story opp. than a workout.

</div></div>

Good analysis sack

BTW, if this is the same instance I am thinking of, he begged off visiting injured troops to "work out", after he found out cameras would not be allowed on the visitation.

wolfdancer
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Still, I think our candidate can kick the bejesus out of yours, in a fair fight...

Wally_in_Cincy
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeah I doubt McCain could curl anything heavier than a water bottle after the North Vietnamese got done with him.

How about an unfair fight?

LWW
07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Put your money back in your pocket where it's safe.

LWW

mike60
07-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Wally, Chuck Hagel, Republican on the same trip with Obama says they visited the troops everyday. The film clip used in McCain's ad showing Obama shooting baskets was shot in Kuwait in a gym filled with our troops. This is another case of wishful thinking and outright lying by McCain's minions.

the google will set you straight.

mike

sack316
07-28-2008, 11:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, You are hitting on eight today, another good one.

mike60 </div></div>

Thanks Mike. I dunno what it was today, but for some reason I was extremely energized and felt pretty sharp all day long. Odd because lately I've been so sluggish and blah that I began to think I may be anemic or something. A possible temporary Mrs. Sack thought so anyway, and offered to do some bloodwork to check, and is gonna grab me a B-12 shot (hey, maybe I can look like Clemens after it!). Haven't got it yet, but maybe the thought of it jumpstarted my body. That, or the comination of random things I started putting in my body this weekend. At any rate, for the first time in a while I felt "good" all day long. I barely even yelled or made people feel stupid at work. Odd, because it was a really good day for a typical "Johnny angry, Johnny smash" type of work day. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

sack316
07-28-2008, 11:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still, I think our candidate can kick the bejesus out of yours, in a fair fight... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I doubt McCain could curl anything heavier than a water bottle after the North Vietnamese got done with him.

How about an unfair fight? </div></div>

I dunno guys. I mean, no doubt Obama is in much better shape physically, but I never count out anyone with military training. Years in the bar business showed me some old retirees that seemingly would have trouble lifting anything besides their beer or glass, could still hold their own quite well if it came to it.

I mean, I'd tend to agree with y'all on that one... but I've just seen too much to make that conclusion.

Besides, I don't think Obama is allowed to fight and maintain his liberal status. I think by the code he is only allowed to hug McCain back, or worst case scenario chain himself to something. But I'm not sure, they won't let me in the meetings.

Sack

LWW
07-29-2008, 05:58 AM
From what I understand it was not the issue of meeting with troops, it was the issue of meeting with wounded troops in hospitals.

Meeting with troops daily means nothing because you can't travel there at all and not meet with troops daily.

Google is great when you compare same to same.

LWW

Qtec
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
As usual, you swallowed the RW propaganda.

The facts.
link- with video (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/07/28/chuck-hagel-on-mccain-attack-ad-hes-treading-on-some-very-thin-ground-here/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SCHIEFFER: Well, let me–just in line with what you said, the McCain campaign came out with a new ad, because Senator Obama chose not to visit those troops in the hospital…

Sen. HAGEL: Mm-hmm.

SCHIEFFER: …in Germany. Let’s take a look at this.

(Excerpt from John McCain political ad)

SCHIEFFER: Senator Reed, now, you’ve done a lot of these trips. They call them CODELs, congressional delegations. Go–are you ever allowed to take cameras when you go in to visit to wounded troops? I thought that was sort of the general rule that everybody knew about.

Sen. REED: I don’t think Senator Obama would have done that. Senator Hagel, <u>Senator Obama and I visited the combat support hospital in Baghdad</u> to thank those nurses, those doctors, to see patients that were there, to bring a bit of greetings from home and profound thanks. That should be in the ad that Senator McCain is running. I think Senator Obama made a very wise choice. If it’s any suggestion that a visit to a military hospital would be political, he made the wise choice not to go. But when we were in Baghdad we made a point, at the end of a very exhausting day, to go in, see these magnificent young Americans and those doctors and nurses that give such tremendous care without a lot of fanfare, just to say thanks. He did it–the same thing. We went–
we didn’t stay in Kabul, we went to Jalalabad to see the soldiers of the 173rd. We stopped in Basra to see our soldiers down there. We went into Anbar province to see soldiers there. Now, that is a completely distorted and I think inappropriate advertisement.

Sen. HAGEL: Let me add to the–to that. As you know, Bob, the congressional delegation that you refer to ended when we parted in Jordan. At that point, it was a political trip for Senator
Obama. I think it would have been inappropriate for him–and certainly he would have been criticized by the McCain people and the press, and probably should have been–if on a political trip in Europe paid for by political funds, not the taxpayers, to go essentially, then, and be
accused of using our wounded men and women as props for his campaign. I think the judgment there–and I don’t know the facts, by the way, I know what I’ve just read, and no one’s asked me about it other than what you just asked about. But I think it’s–it would be totally inappropriate for him, on a campaign trip, to go to a military hospital and use those soldiers as props. And I–so I think he probably, based on what I know, he did–he did the right thing. We saw troops everywhere we went on the congressional delegation. We went out of our way to see those troops. We wanted to see those troops. And that–that’s part of our job, to see those troops, by the way, and listen to those troops, Bob. And we did.

SCHIEFFER: Do you think that ad was appropriate?

Sen. HAGEL: I do not think it was appropriate.

SCHIEFFER: You do not.

Sen. HAGEL: I do not. </div></div>

Deeman3
07-29-2008, 10:14 AM
I think this is pretty thin crap to call Obama on. I think they should have concentrated more on his saying the surge was a bad idea. Even this morning an appoligetic Lenny Davis was aing that the surge was a great success.

LWW
07-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Exactly when was Baghdad moved to GERMANY (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/07/25/no_troop_visits_for_obama_in_g.html) Q?

I must hav emissed that one?

Oh well, they put it on the spoon so I should expect you would swallow it.

LWW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As usual, you swallowed the RW propaganda.

The facts.
link- with video (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/07/28/chuck-hagel-on-mccain-attack-ad-hes-treading-on-some-very-thin-ground-here/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SCHIEFFER: Well, let me–just in line with what you said, the McCain campaign came out with a new ad, because Senator Obama chose not to visit those troops in the hospital…

Sen. HAGEL: Mm-hmm.

SCHIEFFER: …in Germany. Let’s take a look at this.

(Excerpt from John McCain political ad)

SCHIEFFER: Senator Reed, now, you’ve done a lot of these trips. They call them CODELs, congressional delegations. Go–are you ever allowed to take cameras when you go in to visit to wounded troops? I thought that was sort of the general rule that everybody knew about.

Sen. REED: I don’t think Senator Obama would have done that. Senator Hagel, <u>Senator Obama and I visited the combat support hospital in Baghdad</u> to thank those nurses, those doctors, to see patients that were there, to bring a bit of greetings from home and profound thanks. That should be in the ad that Senator McCain is running. I think Senator Obama made a very wise choice. If it’s any suggestion that a visit to a military hospital would be political, he made the wise choice not to go. But when we were in Baghdad we made a point, at the end of a very exhausting day, to go in, see these magnificent young Americans and those doctors and nurses that give such tremendous care without a lot of fanfare, just to say thanks. He did it–the same thing. We went–
we didn’t stay in Kabul, we went to Jalalabad to see the soldiers of the 173rd. We stopped in Basra to see our soldiers down there. We went into Anbar province to see soldiers there. Now, that is a completely distorted and I think inappropriate advertisement.

Sen. HAGEL: Let me add to the–to that. As you know, Bob, the congressional delegation that you refer to ended when we parted in Jordan. At that point, it was a political trip for Senator
Obama. I think it would have been inappropriate for him–and certainly he would have been criticized by the McCain people and the press, and probably should have been–if on a political trip in Europe paid for by political funds, not the taxpayers, to go essentially, then, and be
accused of using our wounded men and women as props for his campaign. I think the judgment there–and I don’t know the facts, by the way, I know what I’ve just read, and no one’s asked me about it other than what you just asked about. But I think it’s–it would be totally inappropriate for him, on a campaign trip, to go to a military hospital and use those soldiers as props. And I–so I think he probably, based on what I know, he did–he did the right thing. We saw troops everywhere we went on the congressional delegation. We went out of our way to see those troops. We wanted to see those troops. And that–that’s part of our job, to see those troops, by the way, and listen to those troops, Bob. And we did.

SCHIEFFER: Do you think that ad was appropriate?

Sen. HAGEL: I do not think it was appropriate.

SCHIEFFER: You do not.

Sen. HAGEL: I do not. </div></div> </div></div>

eg8r
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Apparently Obama is none too happy with this journalist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He called it a set up and that she looked like an ordinary German woman and acted shyly till the last minute when she asked for a picture with him. WHAT DOES OBAMA THINK GERMAN JOURNALISTS LOOK LIKE? Does he for some reason think they have an extra eye, maybe they all have that little moustache? She looked like an ordinary German, you have got to be kidding.

Anyways, he thought he was hustled by the woman. How on earth would he be hustled? He went to workout (which was a bit pathetic as far as a workout) and someone paid attention to what he was doing and asked for a picture. The woman just covered her butt by getting the picture otherwise Obama would have lied and said he never met her.

EDIT to add link: Obama says he got 'hustled' by German tabloid (http://www.thelocal.de/13337/20080728/)

eg8r

LWW
07-29-2008, 10:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently Obama is none too happy with this journalist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He called it a set up and that she looked like an ordinary German woman and acted shyly till the last minute when she asked for a picture with him. WHAT DOES OBAMA THINK GERMAN JOURNALISTS LOOK LIKE? Does he for some reason think they have an extra eye, maybe they all have that little moustache? She looked like an ordinary German, you have got to be kidding.

Anyways, he thought he was hustled by the woman. How on earth would he be hustled? He went to workout (which was a bit pathetic as far as a workout) and someone paid attention to what he was doing and asked for a picture. The woman just covered her butt by getting the picture otherwise Obama would have lied and said he never met her.

EDIT to add link: Obama says he got 'hustled' by German tabloid (http://www.thelocal.de/13337/20080728/)

eg8r </div></div>
Maybe Aryans all look alike?

LWW

sack316
07-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I liked this part: "In other words, he would have been criticized no matter (what) he did"

Almost as if it's a political race or something /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But really, I think it is fairly petty... but at the same time to be expected. Same catch 22 goes the other way for either candidate as well. If one doesn't call out the other on something, they make a tactical error by not pulling the trigger on something that could help their (or hurt the other) campaign. But if they do call the other out they as well will be criticized for it (i.e. using troops as a prop, disrespect to service, racism, age-ism, etc. etc.). Gotta love politics! Different people can look at a blue table cloth... one says it's royal blue, the other says it's indigo, and then the fists will fly.

Sack

sack316
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyways, he thought he was hustled by the woman. </div></div>

lol, that was funny. As much as I do appreciate a good Color of Money reference, that made me laugh. Heaven forbid there should be something candid about Obama anytime in these months leading up to the election. We wouldn't want that! No! Stick to the script people! We're creating a brand here!

And I still don't even know it's candid. Pretty odd to me that it winds up (for all intensive purposes) being only him and her in that gym. Surely he had enough clout to get the gym to himself?

And regardless of that... WTF? Write a negative article and you're racist. Write a fawning article that's outside of the political realm and you're a hustler.

And why is he so closed off to foreign reporters anyway? I thought they all loved him.

Sack

wolfdancer
07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
visiting the wounded by either candidate, would be just another photo-op.
I think the last thing a Republican candidate would want Americans to see though, were the limbless, blinded soldiers. And a pat on the shoulders by either candidate won't change their lives by one iota.