PDA

View Full Version : Early action on the U.S. Open?

Rich R.
07-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Does anyone want some early action on the U.S. Open? Here is the deal.

I was talking to Barry Behrman at the Va. State 9-Ball Championship this past weekend.

This year, there is going to be $100,000 added money for the 2008 Open and Barry is so confident that there will be a full field of 256 players; he is willing to bet $10K that the field is full.

Barry will accept a bet of $10,000 from one person or $1,000 each from 10 people. He will not accept bets smaller than $1,000 per person. Barry will also post up at the bank of your choice. The man is very confident that he will fill this field. Obviously, you will be required to post up too.

If you, or a group of you, want to wager $10,000 against Barry filling the field for the Open, contact me and I will refer you to Barry.

I’m posting this on several forums, per Barry’s request. Get your cash together and contact me ASAP. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on this wager because someone beat you to it.

Vapros
07-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Someone is about to get some cider in his ear.

Bambu
07-29-2008, 10:20 AM
No disrespect, rich......but all he has to do is fill the field? As long as the entry fee is less than 1000 per player, it sounds like a sucker bet to me. At worst, barry ends up having to pay friends or random players to take the extra slots that dont fill up. I think its 500 to enter the open, or is that going up?

Eric.
07-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I dont know if I wanna bet against Barry on this one, lol.

Sounds like things are heating up. I know I'll be there, just like the last decade (except for the one yr I was chasing my bride to be, hahaha).

Eric

Eric.
07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
The entry is $600 this year.

Eric

Rich R.
07-29-2008, 10:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bambu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No disrespect, rich......but all he has to do is fill the field? As long as the entry fee is less than 1000 per player, it sounds like a sucker bet to me. At worst, barry ends up having to pay friends or random players to take the extra slots that dont fill up. I think its 500 to enter the open, or is that going up? </div></div>
No disrespect taken. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Barry asked me to put this on the internet and, as a friend, that is what I have done.

Bambu, the one thing you cannot say about Barry is that he is stupid. I'm sure he is well aware that this is a sucker bet and it would be difficult, if not impossible, for him to lose.
Of course, he is already paying the entry fee of $600 for each of the past champions, so it is possible that he would be short so many players that he could not afford to pay all of the entries. It would be a real gamble for anyone to take him up on this bet, but I have seen people make worse bets.

The smart thing about this bet is that it has people discussing the U.S. Open. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I have no problem with people passing up on this bet. Someone may feel real lucky and go for it. You never know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
07-30-2008, 02:19 AM
I'd have to get some odds on that one I think. Well, either that or someone in my back pocket to scratch himself last minute /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Bambu
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Its all good, Rich. I'd much rather bet on almost any calcutta. But regardless of the bet, I'm sure Barry is a good guy. I wish him nothing but success in this years open.

Eric.
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM

Eric.
08-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Any takers?

Eric