PDA

View Full Version : The most high and benevolent Obama exposed ...

LWW
07-29-2008, 10:58 AM
... AGAIN.

Grenade pouncers get ready ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What initially seemed to be a journalistic scoop of dubious moral propriety now seems to be a case of an Israeli paper being played by the Barack Obama campaign. Maariv, the second most popular newspaper in Israel, was roundly criticized for publishing the note Obama left in the Kotel. But now a Maariv spokesperson says that publication of the note was pre-approved for international publication by the Obama campaign, leading to the conclusion that the "private" prayer was intentionally leaked for public consumption.

At around 5am last Thursday, Obama arrived at the Kotel, or Western Wall, abutting the holiest site in Judaism, the Temple Mount. Accompanied by the Rabbi in charge of the site, Shmuel Rabinovich, he reportedly heard Psalm 122, which contains a prayer for the peace of Jerusalem, touched the wall briefly and then deposited a note of prayer into a crack between the ancient stones, in keeping with the tradition of visitors to the site. On his way out, he was briefly heckled, with one man calling out that "Jerusalem is not for sale" and "Remember what you see here." Trying to drown out the critics, a few supporters chanted his name.

Subsequently, it was reported that a yeshiva student filched the note that Obama placed in the wall and then Maariv published it in the next day's newspaper.

For that "scoop" the paper has come under fire. Yediot Aharonot, the country's most popular daily, published an article Friday saying it had also obtained the note but decided not to publish it, to respect Obama's privacy. Other Israeli media outlets initially ignored the story, or picked it up only after the initial publication had triggered a controversy.

"Lord - Protect my family and me," reads the note.

"Forgive me my sins, and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

However, it now appears that Maariv had collaborated with the Obama campaign in getting the "private" prayer, with its "modest" supplicaton to the Lord, out to the public, buffing his Christian credentials and showing his "humility."

A Ma'ariv spokesman was quoted in the Jerusalem Post as saying that "Barack Obama's note was approved for publication in the international media even before he put in the Kotel, a short time after he wrote it at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem."]

The paper added that is was "pleased" with its "journalistic accomplishment."

[Update as to Maariv's statement as published in Haaretz on July 28]: "Obama's note was published in Maariv and other international publications following his authorization to make the content of the note public. Obama submitted a copy of the note to media outlets when he left his hotel in Jerusalem."]

If correct, It appears that Obama made Maariv and other media an instrument of his will. The media, of course, was a most willing tool.

The campaign might be less pleased with another pronouncement by Maariv: "In any case," the spokesman said, "since Obama is not a Jew, publishing the note does not constitute an infringement on his right to privacy." Apparently, to the paper, Gentile prayer doesn't count.

If the Maariv statement about pre-approval of publication of the note is true, it would mean that the Obama campaign had managed the event brilliantly, if deceptively, getting the double benefit of appearing to be victimized by the invasive Israeli press and prayer-thieving Jew while at the same time leaking out his humble Christian plea to the Lord.

Already by the weekend, a (relatively) slick video appeared on YouTube that blended Obama's Western Wall prayer with various church scenes, crosses aplenty, a dove of peace, and a soundtrack based on Amazing Grace. The video closes with a "vote" button and an invitation to visit the official campaign website: </div></div>

LINKIE ---&gt; http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/13021.htm

LWW

wolfdancer
07-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I believe it's called campaigning..also believe it's a higher road
then just smearing, or "swift-boating" the other guy.
It's not the first time the press has been manipulated, and won't be the last.
If you think your side is not above a little chicanery, then you are even more politically naive then I imagined.

LWW
07-29-2008, 12:14 PM
They really should give a flak jacket and a few purple hearts.

LWW

mike60
07-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Larry, I have to agree with Wolf, it's a non issue.

mike

Chopstick
07-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Besides, we all know what was on it. It was on TV the other night.

Dear Lord, please save my nuts from Jessie Jackson.

Barack

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL !!!!

mike60
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Chop, Very good one.

mike

Qtec
07-30-2008, 02:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The most high and benevolent Obama exposed ...

... AGAIN.

Grenade pouncers get ready ..</div></div>

Incoming................ link (http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/07/28/is-anything-sacred.aspx)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is Anything Sacred?

Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv was lambasted for printing the note that Obama placed in the Western Wall, allegedly stolen by a Yeshiva student. "Notes which are placed in the Western Wall are between the person and his Maker; Heaven forbid that one should read them or use them in any way," said the Chief Rabbi of the Western Wall. "This sacrilegious action deserves sharp condemnation and represents a desecration of the holy site."

But according to a statement from Ma'ariv yesterday, the paper alleges that the Obama campaign actually leaked the note to reporters before Obama even placed it in the wall.* Yediot Aharonot, Israel's most popular daily, claims to have also received a copy of the note but decided not to print it.* As a Ma'ariv spokesman told the Jerusalem Post:

Barack Obama's note was approved for publication in the international media even before he put in the Kotel [Western Wall], a short time after he wrote it at the King David Hotel in Jerusalem.

The Obama campaign is denying the note was "approved for publication." At this point, it's their word against that of Ma'ariv, but I'm still waiting for some concrete proof from Ma'ariv to back up their accusation. It's a pretty bold claim to make without providing a smoking gun and via an anonymous spokesman to the Jerusalem Post.*

*Post updated to reflect the Obama campaign's denial and additional reporting.

UPDATE 2 (6:10 a.m.): Since posting this item, I’ve gotten a lot of comments from people questioning the veracity of Ma’ariv’s accusation. I definitely should have called the Obama campaign before rushing to post this item—and though I updated it soon after hearing of the campaign’s denial, I apologize for my initial haste. Though Ma’ariv is one of Israel’s most prominent newspapers, there is certainly reason to question its motives regarding this story, considering it is trying to justify its own much-derided decision to print Obama’s letter. There is also talk of a lawsuit against Ma’ariv for violating Israel’s Basic Law guaranteeing privacy. I’ve been on the phone with various sources in Israel for the past few hours trying to get concrete information about the accusation. I spoke to Ma’ariv’s spokesman on the phone a few hours ago and sent him a list of questions; I will update here as soon as I hear back from him.

In the meantime, I’ve found additional quotes from Ma’ariv spokesmen to three other Israeli publications reaffirming their narrative—and going even further than their quotes to the Jerusalem Post by explicitly saying that the Obama campaign approved the printing of the letter, and even gave copies of the note to members of the international media before he went to the Western Wall. But Ma’ariv has yet to produce tangible evidence for either of these accusations, and I’m withholding any endorsement of their claims until they do so.

UPDATE 3 (4:25 p.m.): I finally heard back from the Ma'ariv spokesman, <u>who denied that the Obama campaign leaked the memo to them or gave them approval to print it, and who disavowed the alleged spokesman who gave quotes to at least four Israeli publications.</u> At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'll be following up with those publications to find out where they got those quotes from. I just spoke with an editor at one of those publications who broached the possibility that Ma'ariv was trying to deflect criticims of it by releasing these spurious rumors about the Obama campaign, but upon realizing that they'll have to back up those accusations, is now disavowing them. I'll update here if I get anything interesting from those publications.

--Zvika Krieger

Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 3:49 PM with 36 comment(s) </div></div>

Bang,

Q

LWW
07-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Nothing new, but I expected you to be among the first.

You accept Obama because he says he didn't do what he was busted for.

You would never give a conservative the same tolerance.

You claim to be open minded and fair as opposed to a blatant partisan moonbat.

I am amused.

LWW

hondo
07-30-2008, 06:00 AM
Your obsession with digging up dirt on Obama is almost as weird
as your love affair with bush.

Qtec
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Knock Knock. Hello. Earth calling LWW! Are you out there?

You may not have noticed but my last post TOTALLY destroyed the credibility of your post and your conclusions.

YOU ARE WRONG. Admit it. Obama NEVER released his prayer. It was STOLEN and offered to the press.
Q

Qtec
07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Thje problem is he has no dirt. The RW lunatics like him make it up as they go along.

Meanwhile McCain is trying to make flip-floping an Olympic sport and just makes onr gaffe after another, panders to big oil and all he has to talk about is the Surge!!

Q........ie they didn't have enough troops to do the job in the first place.

Bobbyrx
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
No dirt!!!!???!!! You gotta be kidding......ok....I'll even skip the dirt of which there is plenty and the gaffes which are equal to or more than his 70 something opponent. Just answer this. Besides being over 35 and a natural born citizen, what qualifications does Obama have to be POTUS. Has he sponsored any meaningful legislation? Has he even been chairman of a senate committee? Does he even know what committee he's on (he said he was on the Senate Banking Committee but he's not). Does he have any foreign policy experience at all except for the just concluded tour in which he held fake news conferences (per Andrea Mitchell of NBC). He's only been in the Senate since 2005. Does he have any position that he actually stands on? ANY? If McCain has made flip flopping an Olympic sport then Obama is the gold medal winner. And I know the surge is irritating to you because it seems to have WORKED...

sack316
07-30-2008, 04:07 PM
C'mon Bobby, you know he'd be great. Just look at Chicago /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Bobbyrx
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif
Sort of like the mayor of B'ham. You know we're hosting the 2020 Olympics don't you......

pooltchr
07-30-2008, 07:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your obsession with digging up dirt on Obama is almost as weird
as your love affair with bush. </div></div>

In all fairness to LWW, digging up dirt on Obama isn't really necessary...it seems to come to the surface on it's own pretty regularly. That's why the media is so busy...sweeping it under the carpet!

Steve

nAz
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
funny thing about this "dirt" in this thread hasn't it been proven false? so why not just admit it and move on to next piece of "dirt you guys have on Obama?

BTW if you guys were just half as critical about your fearless leader as you are on Obama maybe we would be in better shape as a country then we are now.

Obama may not be perfect hell he may even turn out worse then the current fool in office but so far he seems to be a better candidate then McC... shitt with the claim Bobby made about him not having any real Washington credentials puts him way on top of McC no?

sack316
07-31-2008, 01:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Oh yeah, I forgot /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif
Sort of like the mayor of B'ham. You know we're hosting the 2020 Olympics don't you...... </div></div>

I didn't know Hoover was large enough for that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Anyone familiar with the trffic in B'ham knows that could be an Olympic even in itself.

I really would like to see how that would be managed. How's the Hoover Met... errr... I mean Regions Park holding up anyway? I got to play there some years ago and remember it as being really nice. Legion field would probably have to go though.

Sack

Deeman3
07-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Let's hold the games at exit 22 just north of you, Sack. At least we can see the dogs run around and around. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
07-31-2008, 08:36 AM
I received this email from my ultra right wing cousin.
Are the allegations true??....hell if I know, but I imagine a couple of million Americans will get this email in the near future:

Any opinions out there?

Think you know who this man is?

This possible President of the United States ?? Read Below and

ask yourselves, is this REALLY someone we can see as the

President of our great nation!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Deeman3
07-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I do not know buy suspect all but the last statement may be what he wrote but they are, of course, in the past tense, meaning he may have felt differently in his past. Who of us do not learn and grow in life? I am not protecting him but know we can all dig out junk we have said or written that can be torn apart.

I don't beleive the last one, of course.

My problem, if any, with him is his spending policies and, perhaps, his inexperience, not his race or snippets from a book he authored. What are his poilicies, how will he implement them, pay for them and protect my grandchildren? Along the way, will he keep his celebrity mitts off my guns?

eg8r
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not know buy suspect all but the last statement may be what he wrote but they are, of course, in the past tense, meaning he may have felt differently in his past. Who of us do not learn and grow in life? I am not protecting him but know we can all dig out junk we have said or written that can be torn apart.</div></div>I agree people hopefully do learn and grow in life, but it is always worthwhile to see what where someone has been to help gauge your perception of where they currently are. As far as Obama, I don't care, I think he is a terrible candidate for many other reasons, the same goes for McCain.

eg8r

sack316
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's hold the games at exit 22 just north of you, Sack. At least we can see the dogs run around and around. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Sounds like a good plan. Let's set it up sometime. I wanna see my face on one of these billboards 'round here sometime! Which by the way, I know you've seen the ones I'm talking about. Does it not make you sick when you see one and the person in it isn't smiling at all? I mean, it says "I just won $$$XXXXXXX, you can too!" and the lady or guy doesn't even smile sometimes! I'd look like a total buffoon on my picture with the grin I would have, and love it.

Sack

sack316
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Wolfie this was on snopes and several other sites already. This email has been shot around for quite some time. if I recall correctly these quotes were shown to be taken out of context, or misquoted entirely for the most part. Some of them were exact quotes, but sound much more inflammatory without the rest of the surrounding text that is in the book.

Really though, I wouldn't care if a candidate was black, white, brown, purple, christian, muslim, jew, atheist, liberal, conservative, or whatever "group" you want to make... if they are the man or woman best suited for the job and best for my country, I would vote for them. Just in this case, Obama hasn't been that person IMHO.

Sack

Bobbyrx
07-31-2008, 11:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BTW if you guys were just half as critical about your fearless leader as you are on Obama maybe we would be in better shape as a country then we are now. <span style="color: #FF6666">I have been critical of Bush about many issues and agree he's a complete bumbler, just not Satin and the cause of everything wrong in the world since the beginning of time. I don't know what Democrats don't like about him anyway, he's turned into one of them on most issues exept the war </span>

Obama may not be perfect hell he may even turn out worse then the current fool in office but so far he seems to be a better candidate then McC... shitt with the claim Bobby made about him not having any real Washington credentials puts him way on top of McC no? <span style="color: #FF0000">He hasn't even served ONE TERM in the senate and half of that partial term he has spent running for President. What has he done in the senate( or anywhere else) to make you think he would be a good president? </span>

</div></div>

cheesemouse
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BTW if you guys were just half as critical about your fearless leader as you are on Obama maybe we would be in better shape as a country then we are now. <span style="color: #FF6666">I have been critical of Bush about many issues and agree he's a complete bumbler, just not Satin and the cause of everything wrong in the world since the beginning of time. I don't know what Democrats don't like about him anyway, he's turned into one of them on most issues exept the war </span>

Obama may not be perfect hell he may even turn out worse then the current fool in office but so far he seems to be a better candidate then McC... shitt with the claim Bobby made about him not having any real Washington credentials puts him way on top of McC no? <span style="color: #FF0000">He hasn't even served ONE TERM in the senate and half of that partial term he has spent running for President. What has he done in the senate( or anywhere else) to make you think he would be a good president? </span>

</div></div> </div></div>Being that oath of office is to defend the Constitution of the United States...just off the top of my head it would be nice, for once, to have a president that actually understood the document...that would be Obama.

Bobbyrx
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
And what part of the Constitution are you saying that McCain doesn't understand that Obama does?

Qtec
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">funny thing about this "dirt" in this thread hasn't it been proven false? </div></div>

Thank you nAz. At least someone noticed.

Funny that when another Obama RW myth gets shot down, the subject gets changed. LOL

Q

Bobbyrx
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Jeremiah Wright......myth?

Qtec
07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Jeremiah Wright and Obama are two different people. One is running for Pres, the other is not.

Q

Bobbyrx
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
There are only 2 reasons that Obama associated with Wright for so long. It was politically beneficial for him to do so considering the location of his senate seat (which would explain his throwing Wright under the bus and then the move to the center after the primary) or he believes what Wright was preaching..........neither reason would make me want to vote for him.........besides no experience what so ever

cheesemouse
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what part of the Constitution are you saying that McCain doesn't understand that Obama does? </div></div>That is an excellent question and in order to answer that question I propose that they replace one of the debates with a test on the COTUS on live TV. They walk on stage, they are handed the test, and they have 90 minutes to complete same. The last 30 minutes will be discussing the results....good TV....the results just might change some votes.

pooltchr
07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Wolf,
I think Dreams of my Father should be required reading for anyone considering voting for the man. At least, they would have some idea of where he stands.
Steve

LWW
08-01-2008, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jeremiah Wright and Obama are two different people. One is running for Pres, the other is not.

Q </div></div>
If you were as broad minded towards conservative candidates you would have credibility.

You aren't, so you don't.

LWW