PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember Hondo?

bsmutz
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
No, not the poster or the John Wayne character, but the TV show. I was thinking about this show this morning. The main character, Hondo Lane, had a dog named Sam (who was smarter than Lassie and Rin Tin Tin put together). Noah Beery (Jim Rockford's dad) played his sidekick. I really, really liked that show when I was a wee lad. Only made it for 17 episodes, though.

Deeman3
07-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes,

You may not know it but our own Hondo has sort of patterned his life after the show. Of course, his dog, Doobie, is considered very smart, one of several considered smarter than their owner.

Hondo, a little like me, cuts a mean path as a hero/crimefighter. He just wants to lecture them rather than smite them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sorry Hondo old Chum, I couldn't resist.

Ona positive and upbeat note, we are executing a convicted killer at Holman on Thursday at 6:00p.m. The judge just cited his crime and conviction as reason not to stay his execution. Our Governator will not stop it as well.

hondo
07-30-2008, 06:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes,

You may not know it but our own Hondo has sort of patterned his life after the show. Of course, his dog, Doobie, is considered very smart, one of several considered smarter than their owner.

Hondo, a little like me, cuts a mean path as a hero/crimefighter. He just wants to lecture them rather than smite them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sorry Hondo old Chum, I couldn't resist.

Ona positive and upbeat note, we are executing a convicted killer at Holman on Thursday at 6:00p.m. The judge just cited his crime and conviction as reason not to stay his execution. Our Governator will not stop it as well. </div></div>

My dog is not only smarter than me; he's smarter than Fast Larry's dog.
His dog shoots pool. Mine plays Scrabble.

eg8r
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
No it was before my time.

eg8r

sack316
07-30-2008, 09:54 AM
your dog is smarter than Wonderdog? This I gotta see!

Sack

hondo
07-30-2008, 12:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your dog is smarter than Wonderdog? This I gotta see!

Sack </div></div>

I heard Wonderdog can't even spell Larry's last name.

Deeman3
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Wonderdog has too much class to let his good name be dragged down by not-so-fast Larry. Word is he has filed a restraining order for Larry to cease and desist in using his name in promotional materials that claim more than 11 rails. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In truth, I miss Larry's inciteful and thought provoking chemically raged rants and claims of personal glory. I also miss Eric making hay of him.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2008, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Larry's last name. </div></div>

Which one?

hondo
07-30-2008, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Larry's last name. </div></div>

Which one? </div></div>

LOL! That was my point. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Deeman3
07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Gunslinger /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Oh! Well, somethingslinger

hondo
07-30-2008, 03:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonderdog has too much class to let his good name be dragged down by not-so-fast Larry. Word is he has filed a restraining order for Larry to cease and desist in using his name in promotional materials that claim more than 11 rails. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In truth, I miss Larry's inciteful and thought provoking chemically raged rants and claims of personal glory. I also miss Eric making hay of him. </div></div>

I do too. LWW just isn't quite in the great one's class.
I got an email from FL about a month ago.
I guess his forum is still alive.
I'm still waiting for that video he promised me 3 years ago.

They had a poll on AZ a few years back to see who would like to see him re-instated and I voted for him.
He then emailed me and personally thanked me.

A unique character.