PDA

View Full Version : No honor among thieves

wolfdancer
07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Another one bites the dust (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_go_co/stevens_indictment)

Deeman3
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes, I have been expecting Stevens to get arrested for about two years. Alaska is sort of like Australia, almost all the politicians are corrupt but big daddy Stephens is the lead dog in this race. It is considered a minor coop that he was not caught in a restroom tapping his feet.

wolfdancer
07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
"Power corrupts...".....it's just a flip of the coin that he is a Republican....

Deeman3
07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Power corrupts...".....it's just a flip of the coin that he is a Republican.... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, but it is a republican thing right now. As the democrats get more power, you will see more exposedfrom that side. It is rampant on both sides. Charlie Rangel is another story I suspect will be getting bigger as well. Rememebr when you had to be dead or retired to get a building named after you? Dozens while he is still in Congress?

Both sides have no shame anymore. </span>

mike60
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Deeman, When you're right you're right. Plenty of corruption on both sides.

mike

Deeman3
07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
My biggest problem is that the Republicans are the most hypocritical in the mix as they said we will end corruption, limit government while most of the Democrats did not pretent to be about those values.

Now, even the right does not bother to promise smaller governement and to really clean up the mess.