PDA

View Full Version : What do you have in YOUR case?

rackmup
02-26-2002, 10:35 AM
Me? It's downright embarrassing:

In the small pouch of my Porper 3X6:

1. Pilfered Masters Blue chalk

2. A cue holder (clamps to a table or ledge for league play at bars)

In the long pouch:

1. Five different tip shapers.

2. Cue silk.

3. McMagic cue papers.

4. Gum (Wrigley's)

5. More chalk.

6. Spinali bridge head.

7. A piece of an 8-ball (used for marking my pocket in APA league play.)

8. "Hole Reinforcements" (those little sticky things. I use them for practice drills.)

9. Eye drops.

10. Marker coins (4 of them, in a film canister.)

11. Advil.

12. A plastic tube that holds $10 in quarters (for league play/laundry.)

13. Tip Prick.

14. Yes...cues also (RichR!) My McDermott D-15 and 2 shafts, a McD break cue and 2 shafts and a Meucci jump cue (1 shaft).

Jeezus...my fiance' doesn't have this much crap in her purse!

Regards,

Ken

02-26-2002, 10:41 AM
Two cues (cuetec and a cheap break cue i picked up), sand paper, smoothing cloth, pencil, tip pik, scuffer, nylon glove, chalk and chalk holder, powder pouch, some misc cuetips... i think thats it.

Rich R.
02-26-2002, 11:37 AM
What is really embarassing, Ken, is the fact that you don't list any cue sticks in your case. Why carry the case? LMAO.

I have two cues, mentioned in another thread, a third cue if my wife is going to play, case for my glasses, which I remove to play, Tip-Pik, Univerasal Willard/Tapper, Q-Wiz discs, towel, square piece of felt for wiping shafts, spinali bridge head and a small plastic bottle of talc. I also carry a Brad scuffer in my pants pocket. Rich R.~~~I know I'm forgetting something.

cuechick
02-26-2002, 11:53 AM
I have most of the standard stuff, including a towell, scruffers, sanding papers....but the newest addition and my favorite is chapstick!!! No longer do I have to dig in my purse when my lips get that uncomfortable sting durring a tough match! (Why is it my mouth get dries and my hands get wet????) I just reach into the top pocket and walla, relief! Why didn't I think of it sooner? I also plan to put in some nail clippers, I hate when I break a nail and can not repair it, it becomes a distraction!! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Kato
02-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Let's see, my Guiseppe 2 X 4 has 1 Predator sneaky pete and 1 Helmstetter with 1 shaft used for breaking and 1 used if the Predator don't like me that day. The Cuetec break/jump is in a back up case at all times. Guess I'm like everyone else. I've got cue silk and some TK. I've got gum and a tip pik. Spare lighter and matches. Sandpaper and shaper, tip pik as well. Probably a few different chalks. League schedule and membership cards. What else, I don't like alot of extra garbage in there so I keep it clean.

Kato~~~Voodoo would be happy about case organization.

02-26-2002, 12:16 PM
3x6 Giuseppe=McD QR-5, McD CJ2 + 314 Shaft, McD Jump/Break. Large Pouch=towel, set of darts, box of silver cup, box of master, bridge head, shaft conditioner, shaft slicker. Small Pouch=allen wrenches, mushroom grazer, 3 tip shapers, q-wiz, tips for darts, tip pik. Then I have a cue holder I can clamp to a table connected to the strap. I think that's about it.

02-26-2002, 01:46 PM
3x5 Instroke Buffalo Case:

Cues:
1 Schon STL-14
- 1 Predator Shaft
- 1 Schon Shaft
1 Meucci 97-21
- 2 Matching Red Dots
1 Meucci PP1 (I use as a break cue)
- 1 Predator Shaft

Small Pouch:
- Masters Chalk (mostly pilfered as well LOL!)
- Home made 'Chalk 'n Stick'
- Cue-Buddy (cue holder)
- Tip Shapers:
- Tip-Pik
- Ultimate Tip Tool
- Small squares of sandpaper

Long Pouch:
- Jump Cue handle (I attach to one of the Red Dot shafts)
- My Pre-Shot routine typed out and folded on an 8.5x11 piece of paper (lost my laminated copy)
- Towell
- Moose Bridge head
- Larger sheets of sandpaper
- Cue Papers
- 3 Pens
- Hole Re-inforcements
- Piece of Scotch Brite (not for the shafts) helps quickly shape tips

Tommy_Davidson
02-26-2002, 02:41 PM
More than anyone I know. I keep a Red Circle cue ball,6 cubes of my own chalk,several different shaft polishers,an assortment of sandpapers,a Spinali bridge head,glass rod for polishing my wrap,ink pen,2 tip tappers,wax for my shafts,shaft cleaner,shall I continue? Tommy D.

cheesemouse
02-26-2002, 03:07 PM
<ul type="square"> two butts two shafts one tip pic[/list]

Anything else is distracting /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

02-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Cues: "Mace" Jump/break cue
A mystery cue with a "SouthWest" pin (plays Awesome)

Long pouch: Towell, Q-clean, Q-smooth, ink pen.

Short pouch: 6-pieces of masters, "Ulti-mate" tapper, piece of leather for burnishing shafts, 2-quarters, rosin bag, and my joint protectors.

Doctor_D
02-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Good evening Ken:

In my "Jack Justis" custom case I have a Meucci SE12 with two (2) Predators shafts. One (1) Predator BK Break Cue. One (1) Bunjee Jump Cue. A customer made 12" extension for my Meucci Cue (extends my 58" cue to 70" for that extra reach). Master Chalk; Tip Shaper; Sandpaper; G-Glide; 500mg Extra Strength Tylenol; an identification card with return address; and some female do dads.

Dr. D.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-26-2002, 06:39 PM
small pouch... chalk.. (My own Masters)
Williards Tip shaper and tapper
large pouch... portable bidge (fits on break stick)
more of my chalk
600 grit sand paper, 1500 grit sand paper
ballpoint pen
BCA mini rule book

rackmup
02-26-2002, 07:06 PM
(you said "female doodads")

hehe...

Rod
02-26-2002, 07:12 PM
Without looking, 1 Schön w 3 shafts, 1 Joss w 2 shafts.
I McDermott cut off for a jump cue. 1- 6" double cut file,
I use to knurl the tip. Porper tip burnisher. Piece of
leather for the shaft. 2 pieces of leaded, green master
chalk from league 4 years ago. Eye drops, ibuprofen,
and it's a Porper 3x6 case.

Jay M
02-26-2002, 09:42 PM
2 Meucci Cues (break and play) w/ 2 shafts
1 towel used for polishing balls before play
1 tapper (rarely used)
20 or so cubes of new or nearly new Master's chalk
some female doodads wait, that's not mine...wrong case
1 2 Pence piece for flipping (given to me by a friend from England)
1 Miz Cue thingie (sandpaper on one side, leather on the other for smoothing the shaft)
1 bottle of advil migraine
1 4 iron....ooops, wrong bag again
1 90 count bottle of 1mg Xanax for those tough matches
baby pictures of relatives used to embarrass them when I have to play against them in tourneys

Jay M

Elvis
02-26-2002, 11:32 PM
McDermott EK-6, Custom made Olney cue, Bungee jump cue, Master's chalk, flannel cloth, tip pik, sand paper, and I always carry a cigar and matches for those special occasions! The Mrs keeps telling me I need to sell one of the sticks but haven't gotten around to it yet (guess I am lazy).

Doctor_D
02-27-2002, 07:08 AM
You know, all those little things we need from time to time!

Dr. D.

SPetty
02-27-2002, 10:33 AM
Thanks for this post, Ken. I have just about everything everybody else has, but I've learned that I need to add eye drops! What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that before?

Now if anyone could figure out a way to include portable oxygen without having to give up room for the chalk...

Chris Cass
02-27-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi Ken,
Great post. I have a JJustis Case 2x4 with my Jerry Franklin era 1989 South West cue and 2 shafts the other 3, I keep at home. A Cuetech break cue with one shaft and a Bungee shaft.

In the pouch I have, 1 piece of Masters Chalk in a leather cover I found. My Bungee Butt HAHAHA, a set of Ear Plugs, some Eye Drops, 4 pieces of the Holloween size Musketeers Bars and two Talisman Pro "H" Tips for protection.

I carry my 30 yr old Tip Tapper in my back pocket to annoy people with if needed. LOL Great post buddy.
Regards,
C.C.

02-27-2002, 08:18 PM
In my 1 x 1 case, silver cup chalk tan, some cloth, 200 Grade sandpaper for the tip

In my 3 x 3 case, I have one break cue, 2 of my current favorite playing cues....(I have 5 playing cues)

in the small pouch....one silver cup chalk, one tip pick which is tied to the case (I lost my last one)

In the large pouch, 150, 800, 1500 &amp; 2000 small piesces of sandpaper, more chalk, cloth and Extra Ferrule (what is that doing there ???)

JimS
02-28-2002, 12:56 AM
A quick inventory reveals: Two hand towels, rubber cue caddy/holder, Rolaids, Tylenol, spare eye glasses elastic strap, Red Circle cue ball, box of 12 chalk, magnetic chalk holder, pouch of pennies (keep score with), glasses, lighter fluid, 3 or 4 small rags, spare pack of cigs, 6 paper towels, 3 band aids, shaft dent buffer, tip pik, leather burnisher, Q-Smooth papers, 600 grit sandpaper, 100 grit sandpaper, Ultimate Cue Tip Tool, Q-Wiz Burnisher, Cue Tip size template, extendable bridge, Bunjee jump cue, old Joss break cue, Franklin Era South West play cue with 2 extra shafts, Cue Reach cue extension. Guess that's all.

Regards, JimS

JimS
02-28-2002, 01:02 AM
Opps! Forgot the tip shaper tool...got two of them in there. Silver Fox soft case with 3, 1" i.d. PVC tubes for South West shafts. Sometimes a Falcon j/b cue.

Chris Cass
02-28-2002, 07:47 AM
My Goodness Jim,
Sure you don't have the kitchen sink in there? LOL