PDA

View Full Version : Governor, 61, is booted from bar for no I.D.

Deeman3
07-31-2008, 07:38 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> More Power to this lady. No whining, no power play, she just went home and took it as a compliment. She's much too smart to be governor. </span>

OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire is taking it as a compliment: She was turned away from a bar in the state capital because she couldn't prove she's of legal age to drink.

The 61-year-old governor and her staff had served burgers at the annual Capital Lakefair last weekend and afterward went to a downtown Olympia bar called Hannah's to celebrate.

Gregoire says the man checking identifications at the door told her she couldn't get in without ID, even when others pointed out she's Washington's governor. So she went home, but her husband, Mike, went in.

The governor tells Seattle's KING-TV she feels complimented the bouncer thought she might be under 21.

Hannah's owner, Todd Ruzicka, says his 23-year-old part-time bouncer needs more training!

wolfdancer
07-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I have the same problem...need to prove i am of age before I can get served alcohol

Deeman3
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
I have heard you were offered a senior's discount for the AARP on a week by week basis. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Good for the doorman. As someone who has worked the biz, I'm proud of him. I'm not sure about the law there, but here in Bama technically anyone in a bar must have ID on them... period. Now the wording for simply selling alcohol is check ID if they appear under 35 I think it is, but in actuality as far as the bar business goes, the ABC board will come in and check to make sure people have their ID's on them--- regardless of age or appearance. And if Grandma or Grandpa doesn't have one on 'em you can get into trouble for it. Quite unlikely, obviously... and I wasn't nearly that strict on the matter unless it was people I didn't like... but at any rate that doorman did the right thing technically. And methinks she is flattering herself in saying that the bouncer actually thought she may be under 21... though I will grant she looks quite well for 61!

But most likely the case is he is a newer bouncer and was told to "make sure EVERYONE has ID on them". Kudos to her for not pulling a power play. But I sure hope she didn't drive home without an license on her, that would be illegal /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

mike60
07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Al Gore was one of the first people searched by the TSA screeners at the airport and his carryon wiped with those stridex pads and all.

Major irony....

mike

wolfdancer
07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
You really know how to hurt a guy

LWW
08-01-2008, 04:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Al Gore was one of the first people searched by the TSA screeners at the airport and his carryon wiped with those stridex pads and all.

Major irony....

mike </div></div>
Did you know he was also a suspect at one point in the unabomber case?

LWW