PDA

View Full Version : Obama on "inflation"

Wally_in_Cincy
07-31-2008, 11:03 AM
BHO said testerday thet if everybody inflated their tires to the proper pressure it would save as much fuel as the off-limits oil that is available in the Gulf of Mexico.

LOL

Oh and get a tune-up. Almost forgot that.

sack316
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
reminds me I'm a few thousand miles overdue for an oil change. Oh, and it's been forever since I had a tune up. And my tires are actually underinflated at the moment... just been to lazy to stop and pump them up I guess. And oddly enough, my last stop at the pump showed about a mile per gallon increase on my mileage. Surprised the hell out of me.

Sack

cheesemouse
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BHO said testerday thet if everybody inflated their tires to the proper pressure it would save as much fuel as the off-limits oil that is available in the Gulf of Mexico.

LOL

Oh and get a tune-up. Almost forgot that. </div></div>Better yet Wally you can just let the air out of tires on your 4x4, fill the bed with some nice dirt, and plant yourself a nice little garden...you can do it!......:)

Chopstick
07-31-2008, 01:10 PM
I drive about 20 miles a month. How are inflated tires going to save anything sitting in my driveway? How about repealing the recent law that let the oil speculators do anything they want? Gas would be back at $1.00 tomorrow.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheesemouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Wally you can just let the air out of tires on your 4x4, fill the bed with some nice dirt, and plant yourself a nice little garden...you can do it!......:) </div></div>

Sorry chesse, I have to drive to work, unlike some.

Maybe the State of Ohio can issue me a gas card like they do those food stamp debit cards I see able-bodied folk using in the grocery all the time.

Qtec
07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
It looks to me like a clip taken out of context, I.d like to see more.
Secondly, it didn't seem to me that he was adovacting what you claim. At the end of the sentece Obama's voice went up. Seems like he was questioning, not confirming.

BTW,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Written by newsUSA
Friday, 25 April 2008
Goodyear, Arizona - Many motorists are suffering from sticker shock at the gas pump these days. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, regional gas prices have risen 46 to 53 cents since last year. Experts say that prices could eventually top $4 a gallon.

While some commuting Americans might turn to public transportation or carpools, many drivers live in areas that require cars. But drivers can take steps to maximize their fuel economy.

One big problem? Only 19 percent of drivers properly check their tire pressure, and poorly inflated tires cost Americans an unnecessary $1.1 billion each year. That's equates to 3.5 million wasted gallons of gasoline each day.

Properly inflated tires could save drivers $2 every time they fill up, getting the average passenger car an additional 10 miles per tankful.</div></div>

LWW
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/richedit/upload/2k66874487d4.jpg

LWW

LWW
07-31-2008, 05:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks to me like a clip taken out of context, I.d like to see more.</div></div>
I don't think you do and I think you'll deny that he said what the following video shows that he said ... "But we could save all the oil they're talking about getting off drilling if everybody was just inflating their tires." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZNP4tTfV0&eurl=http://hotair) ... the man is a living, breathing, walking, talking SNL parody.

LWW

LWW
07-31-2008, 05:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Properly inflated tires could save drivers $2 every time they fill up, getting the average passenger car an additional 10 miles per tankful.</div></div> [/quote]
Now, let's crunch some numbers.

Let's say the average fill up is 15 gallons, probably more, and the obvious assumption is 20 MPG.

Now, instead of going 300 miles we go 310 and the MPG goes from 20.00 to 20.67 ... IF you could get 100% of the people to participate then you have a 3% savings.

Subtract from that the energy consumed by all of the people waiting in line to pump air in their tires with the engine idling, all the energy to run the pumps, all the energy to increase the supply of air pumps in stations.

The bottom line is we would possibly use more energy.

Even if you negate all of that with magic pixie dust ... the idea that it would offset what we could get offshore is simply ridiculous.

LWW

pooltchr
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks to me like a clip taken out of context, I.d like to see more.</div></div>
I don't think you do and I think you'll deny that he said what the following video shows that he said ... "But we could save all the oil they're talking about getting off drilling if everybody was just inflating their tires." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZNP4tTfV0&eurl=http://hotair) ... the man is a living, breathing, walking, talking SNL parody.

LWW </div></div>

I guess he is assuming that every vehicle in the country has underinflated tires. But then, us average people just aren't as smart as he is. That's why we need him to guide us through our lives. We ain't sharp enough to do it on our own.

LWW
08-01-2008, 04:36 AM
TRy running a check of Obama's personal rides.

Early in the campaign he made a speech explaining that Americans needed to give up their SUV's ... after which he went out and got in his GMC Envoy SUV.

His campaign announced this wasn't hypocrisy since it was a hybrid.

When told their was no Envoy hybrid they said they hadn't lied because what they meant was that it was dual fuel and could run on E85.

When told that the Envoy was not a flex fuel model they explained that it didn't matter because it was a rental and not Obama's personal car.

When confronted with the fact that it was a GMAC Smartlease registered to Barack Hussein Obama they explained that they considered a 3 year lease a rental ... but, Obama had disposed of it for a non SUV.

The replacement was a V8 Dodge 300 which also uses far more fuel than what Obama suggests we get by with.

LWW

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRy running a check of Obama's personal rides.

</div></div>

I think he now has a 757 too

shades of Algore

pooltchr
08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRy running a check of Obama's personal rides.

</div></div>

I think he now has a 757 too

shades of Algore </div></div>

Anyone besides me hear that he had any American flags that had been on the fusilage painted over or removed??? Is he really that anti-American. I know he has been telling us all the things that are so wrong with our country...that the country is broken and only he (THE ONE) can fix it. Then he goes over to Europe and tells them he is a "Citizen of the World". I don't know about any one else (Q...this isn't directed at you!) but I am a Citizen of the United States of America, and Damn well proud of it!
Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
08-02-2008, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Anyone besides me hear that he had any American flags that had been on the fusilage painted over or removed??? </div></div>

In his defense, the flag was part of the North American Airlines logo before he had it re-painted.

He could have left it on there though.

I have many reasons to distrust him but this is not a big one.

Snopes explanation (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp)

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
LOL, HUH? Wally has a gas guzzling 4 X 4?

BWA HA HA HA...why does that not surprise me.

The ultimate hypocrite!

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, HUH? Wally has a gas guzzling 4 X 4?

BWA HA HA HA...why does that not surprise me.

The ultimate hypocrite!

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Not a hypocrite at all. I don't claim SUV's are destroying the planet, unlike Gore and Arianna Hufffington who tell people to drive smaller cars while they fly in private jets.

Hypocrite:

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
" hypocrite .
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
Not a hypocrite at all."

you could have fooled me

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 11:40 PM
You're hopeless.

Go soak your head, maybe you can cool yourself off a bit, gas guzzling hypocrite.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 11:44 PM
He's a waste of time. He's been bashing me for years. You'd think he'd wake up and realize he's having no impact by now, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess he is assuming that every vehicle in the country has underinflated tires. But then, us average people just aren't as smart as he is. That's why we need him to guide us through our lives. We ain't sharp enough to do it on our own. </div></div>

Wow, finally, after all these years, an intelligent statement composed of facts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2008, 11:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're hopeless.

Go soak your head, maybe you can cool yourself off a bit, gas guzzling hypocrite.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

If you think I am embarrassed about driving an SUV you're wrong.

I'll drive whatever the hell I want to, to be blunt about it.

I have explained my position on this. I can only explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
people like him are so sure they are right, that to keep up that pretense, they just automatically believe that you must be wrong about everything.

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll drive whatever the hell I want to, to be blunt about it.
</div></div>

LMAO, you're the one who started bashing me over what I drive, Wally.

Like I've always said, Wally, you can dish it out, but you can't take it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
AND, they're a total wast of time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll drive whatever the hell I want to, to be blunt about it.
</div></div>

LMAO, you're the one who started bashing me over what I drive, Wally.

Like I've always said, Wally, you can dish it out, but you can't take it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

It was a joke Gayle. I said if you are so worried about global warming and all that you should scuttle your boat.

Just like I told cheesemouse, when he said the US was a nation of energy pigs, that if he was serious about it he should quit playing golf because golf courses require a lot of resources to maintain them.

I personally do not care how big your boat is or how much golf he plays. It was a joke.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">people like him are so sure they are right, that to keep up that pretense, they just automatically believe that you must be wrong about everything.
</div></div>

Wolf, to save time, when you want to praise Gayle for her insight and intelligence, just say "Amen sister" from now on /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Amen bro, I'll take that into consideration.
She's impressing you as well, I gather from that statement?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2008, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's impressing you as well, I gather from that statement? </div></div>

Hardly. I've seen one-trick ponies before.

Gayle in MD
08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Cop out. No one who read it would have taken it as a joke. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

When you call someone a hypocrite, people generally consider that an insult.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cop out. No one who read it would have taken it as a joke. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

. </div></div>

If someone besides you got the joke I will let them weigh in. I predict someone did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When you call someone a hypocrite, people generally consider that an insult. </div></div>

Take it however you want to. I couldn't care less.