PDA

View Full Version : "Obama is here" by Ludacris

sack316
07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
So here's the news tonight. Lyrics posted below. Parental advisory for all you kiddies out there:

"I'm back on it like I just signed my record deal
Yeah the best is here, the Bentley Coup paint is dripping wet, it got sex appeal
Never should have hated, You never should've doubted him
With a slot in the president's iPod Obama shouted 'em

Said I handle my biz and I'm one of his favorite rappers
Well give Luda a special pardon if I'm ever in the slammer
Better yet put me in office, make me your vice president
Hillary hated on you, so that bitch is irrelevant

Jesse talking slick and apologizing for what?
If you said it then you meant it how you want it head or gut?
And all you other politicians trying to hate on my man,
watch us win majority vote in every state on my man

You can't stop what's bout to happen, we bout to make history
The first black president is destined and it's meant to be
The threats ain't fazing us, the nooses or the jokes
So get off your ass, black people, it's time to get out and vote!

Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified
McCain don't belong in any chair unless he's paralyzed
Yeah I said it cause Bush is mentally handicapped
Ball up all of his speeches and just throw 'em like candy wrap
'cause what you talking I hear nothing even relevant
and you the worst of all 43 presidents

Get out and vote or the end'll be near
The world is ready for change because Obama is here
'cause Obama is here
The world is ready for change because Obama is here, yeah
cuz Obama is here"

What a nice little diddy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Of course now the Obama camp has condemned this song:

"As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism, and degrading images that he doesn’t want his daughters or any children exposed to," said spokesman Bill Burton. "This song is not only outrageously offensive to Senator Clinton, Reverend Jackson, Senator McCain, and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual he should be ashamed of these lyrics."

Really Obama camp? Because the lyrics, the style, the language of Ludacris isn't any different here than it ever has been since his career began. Yet Mr. Obama had no problems allowing Ludacris to do fund raisers for him last year. I think Obama is showing once again that he will remain a friend to anyone, only as long as it is politically expedient to himself. Once they become controversial to himself personally, it's time to throw 'em under the bus I guess.

Once again, I have no idea who this guy is (Obama). I don't like this song, I'm not a big Ludacris fan. I'm not a big fan of Reverend Wright ot the things he said. But to each his own I guess... and I'd respect Obama more if he stood firm on who he is and associated with rather than jumping ship when the waves start getting too high. If he will hold no loyalty to those he associated with for years and years, how then am I supposed to think he would be loyal to me, and the promises he made to me? (me, being us).

Link to song video and lyrics, with some lovely commentary flowing at the bottom of the page, for those who are interested (http://www.hiphopmusic.com/2008/07/ludacris_obama_rap_politics_ly.html)

Sack

eg8r
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again, I have no idea who this guy is (Obama). I don't like this song, I'm not a big Ludacris fan. I'm not a big fan of Reverend Wright ot the things he said. But to each his own I guess... and I'd respect Obama more if he stood firm on who he is and associated with rather than jumping ship when the waves start getting too high. If he will hold no loyalty to those he associated with for years and years, how then am I supposed to think he would be loyal to me, and the promises he made to me? (me, being us).</div></div>I completely agree. If this continues in the same fashion eventually Obama will denounce every single person in his past.

eg8r

sack316
08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Guess it's a good thing for Michelle that Laura stood up for her messy statements a few months ago /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 09:19 AM
My questions is who will they get to paint the White House black? I certainly don't think they can use illegal labor and Nancy is still redoing her office suite right now.

If Obama is done in, it will be by his very own people, preachers, liberals or his Rap campaigners, not the Republicans. I guess, in the end, he is going to have to pick Hillary so she can help him talk his way out of the mess that he getting into. Maybe, he will get some props from the Olympics next week. After doing so well with the French and German vote, he's sure to make a bigger play for the Chinese.

LWW
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
That's not the Ludacris I knew.

The MSM and far left at that point give him a pass.

LWW

hondo
08-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Personally, I like the song. I find the lyrics to be poignant and heartfelt and oh so true.
You guys just ain't fly.
I'm especially disappointed in Larry.
Got to be the whitest black man of all time.

Deeman3
08-05-2008, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I like the song. I find the lyrics to be poignant and heartfelt and oh so true.
You guys just ain't fly.
I'm especially disappointed in Larry.
Got to be the whitest black man of all time. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It's true that you want to see McCain in a wheel chair? That's not right. </span>