PDA

View Full Version : Geez........

Qtec
08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> California slashes pay of 200,000 state workers amid budget crisis

Arnold Schwarzenegger has sacked thousands of temporary California state workers and slashed the pay of full-time civil servants in a bid to halt a growing fiscal crisis.

California's governor signed an executive order terminating 10,300 part-time jobs and reducing the pay of 200,000 state employees to the federal minimum wage until a state budget is approved.

He said the unprecedented action was to avoid a "full-blown" fiscal crisis and that he had been left with "no easy choices".</div></div>

Seems like its very easy- slash the wages of those who earn the least .

Q

link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/01/california.budget)

Chopstick
08-01-2008, 08:39 AM
You don't know anything about civil service in America do you? They make more than most people and in California they make even more.

If you paid them for what they produce then they would be the lowest paid. Where do you think the phrase "good enough for government work" came from?

Qtec
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has prepared an order to cut the pay of about 200,000 state workers to the federal minimum wage of $6.55 an hour until a budget is signed. </div></div>

Before most were earning 8 4 an hour. Is that well paid?
Q

Wally_in_Cincy
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
eems like its very easy- slash the wages of those who earn the least .

Q

</div></div>

This is what your type of Leftist policies have wrought.

California has the second highest tax rates in the country, consequently businesses have left in droves (e.g. Olhausen pool tables moved to Tennessee) and with them has gone the tax base. But the State just keeps raising taxes and spending more.

The same thing has happened in Ohio and it will happen to the US as a whole if Obama gets his way and his massive tax increases.

eg8r
08-01-2008, 10:38 AM
You are right, the government should continue to page wages they cannot afford, even though all back pay is promised once the new budget is approved.

eg8r

mike60
08-02-2008, 01:16 AM
My stock answer..............
Since you asked.....
Somewhere there is a world where this is illegal and it should be............

George Bush was appointed Resident by the Supreme Court Conservative majority when the fixed electronic voting machines couldn't seal the deal even with the 90,000 voters thrown off the registered to vote list in Florida and the staff of several Republican congress critters rioted in the offices of the Dade county election commission to stop a legal recount to ensure Bush an unearned term as Resident. The wonder of it all.
How a few well placed felons may disrupt an election and then use the justices to strip the state of the right to determine their own count when
it is obvious the chosen resident is losing. That numbers of citizens are so stupid that they defend the very group that disenfranchise their votes. You crackers and other fellow travelers are just being spun for the profit of a group so beyond your ability to comprehend that they've
got you volunteering your rights away to catch boogymen that are smarter than you and get away with crime and theft while you fools hold the door for them. You rant about the two important secret investigations that were actually well known by the bad guys that did so well when in fact both programs were already useless. Your little band of complainers, and you are few in number. Should just join up and go fight. Or drive a truck for the contractors until you get your ass handed to you by an EID or vote for McCain for a lot more WAR PROFITEERING by your
corporate money vacuum. You really are beneath contempt for just believing what is laughably called conservative. as if........

miguel
___

Wally_in_Cincy
08-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Wow, talk about going off-topic /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

mike60
08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Wally, I felt it was time to state my views concerning the loss of direction of the country owing to many people being confused about their own interests and how we are being robbed blind. I was strident about the mentality of a few of our brothers but tough love is still care.

mike

Wally_in_Cincy
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wally, I felt it was time to state my views concerning the loss of direction of the country owing to many people being confused about their own interests and how we are being robbed blind. I was strident about the mentality of a few of our brothers but tough love is still care.

mike </div></div>

color me confused

Wally_in_Cincy
08-02-2008, 09:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My stock answer..............
___ </div></div>

maybe that's youur problem. Maybe you need to think it thru a little more

Wally_in_Cincy
08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

the staff of several Republican congress critters rioted in the offices of the Dade county election commission to stop a legal recount to ensure Bush an unearned term as Resident. ___ </div></div>

I remember that. Almost a baker's dozen young Republicans in Khakis, button-down Oxford shirts and Sperry Topsiders "rioted" in the Board of Elections. Consequently the vote counters had no choice but to throw the election to Bush, lest they face the wrath of the Gen-X Republicans. Who knows what may have happend. They could have staged a sit-in at Panera Bread. Oh the horror.

sack316
08-02-2008, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

the staff of several Republican congress critters rioted in the offices of the Dade county election commission to stop a legal recount to ensure Bush an unearned term as Resident. ___ </div></div>

I remember that. Almost a baker's dozen young Republicans in Khakis, button-down Oxford shirts and Sperry Topsiders "rioted" in the Board of Elections. Consequently the vote counters had no choice but to throw the election to Bush, lest they face the wrath of the Gen-X Republicans. Who knows what may have happend. They could have staged a sit-in at Panera Bread. Oh the horror. </div></div>

Oh yeah dude, I recall that. It was like the LA riots all over again. I don't know how order was restored without the National Guard getting called in.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Bravo! One thing for sure, the right does vote against their own best interests.

BTW, those who stormed the elections board as they were re-counting the votes, were Republican Christians, who were flown to Florida by the Republican Party to create the appearance of chaotic public reaction to the re-counting.

Al Gore won that election, and Bush, was appointed by his da da's friends on the Supreme Court, but you know how the right is, they don't give a good hoot about how their party has shredded the constitution of the United States of America, or preserving our constitutional right to a fair counting of our votes, any more than they care about how their party broke forty years of Geneva Conventions which protected Americans, as well as others, during wartime, nor how much our reputation has been hurt because of the Republican's unlawful actions which have disgraced our country, politisized the Department of Justice, sent our kids to die on a lie, and a president who himself outs a secret covert NOC CIA agent!

They ONLY thing they care about is their measly tax cut, their friendly corporate fascist pigs, who they are too dumb to realize are bilking our country out of a future, and our children out of their futures, and making sure that no lazy no good poor people get any help!

They support their party, regardless of how much damage it does to America. They support their president, regardless of how much he lies, and tortures people, insults our collective intelligence, and jokes about finding no WMD's, as he wanders around the oval office, looking under the furniture, like the whole thing that caused the deaths and destruction of a whole country, and four thousand dead American soldiers, was a big joke!

How the hell can anyone support the Republican Party?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-06-2008, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Al Gore won that election,</div></div> Don't let the true facts get in the way of your screwed up logic.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-06-2008, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BTW, those who stormed the elections board as they were re-counting the votes, were Republican Christians, </div></div>

Here we go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They support their party, regardless of how much damage it does to America. </div></div>

Banning expanded drilling is hurting the country. And it's hurting the "little guy" worst. The folks that Dems claim to champion.

Gayle, you better load up the trunk of your Caddy with winter coats because when the poor can't pay for $5/gallon heating oil this wimter they are going to need them.

Gayle in MD
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
the fact is, Wally, that the oil companies have gotten huge tax breaks, and subsidies, while doing absolutely nothing to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.

There are 85 million barrels of oil a day in the world, that's it. Out of 85 million, we use 21 million barrels, and produce about 7 millionm here. We use 25% of all the oil in the world, and wehave 3% of the reserves, and 4% of the population, totally out of step with the world!

The oil companies have leases already in place which they have failed to use. why should we give them more, when they have failed to build refineries, in spite of all our tax dollars supporting their billionaire lifestyles?

I suppose you don't think this war in Iraq has any impact on the prices of oil? We've had forty years of no leadership regarding our dependency on foreign oil, save the efforts by Jimmy Carter, pooh poohed by ronald Reagan, the great Amnesty president. T. Boone Pickens, a Republican Oil man, BTW, who does not support John McCain, says he is encouraged by Obama's plans to subsidize and invest in renewable fuels. Pickens says that the only way out for us now is through an all out effort to increase safe standards, (which Bush and McCain are against, BTW) and go to natural gas, wind and solar, and yes, drill and refine more oil here. How will we do that without enough refineries? Why should big oil refine more oil, when they are enjoying unprecedented profits. Why should they go to more natural gas usage, of which they own 50%, when they are making a killing, now? McCain has voted against everty alternative fuel bill to reduce dependency.

There are 8 million vehicles in the world on natural gas, and only 142,000 in the U.S.

The French have gone 80% nuclear, the Germans, Spanish, Danes, all on wind, and now, even the British are on wind. Cheap oil was our trap. We have a 700 billion a year outflow of American dollars which we can eliminate by using natural gas to reduce, solar, wind and natural gas are the only sensible was out of this mess. Even George Bush's own energy numbers state that drilling off shore will have no effect on prices for atleast seven years.

I suggest you check out T. Boone Pickens, a Republican Oil Billionaire who has spent the last twenty years trying to get this country to see the light on oil.

It is long past time to get away from using oil for our energy needs. Destroying our national seashore, a multi billion dollar national treasure, which provides many hundreds of thousands of jobs for the American people, when we can build wind farms far off shore to provide our energy, is completely un-necessary, and not feasible given that cheap oil is what led to this nightmare to begin with.

IMO, the only president to seriously address this mess was Carter, who reuced our foreign oil consumption by nearly half. I recall, it was Ronald Reagan who removed Carter's solar panesl from the White House roof.

I recall, it has been the Republicans who have made fun of our global warming issues, and the protection of our planet, and promoted our dependency on foreign oil, not the Democratics.

McCain, in both foreign, and domestic affairs, has been on the worng side of every issue, including the war in Iraq, and Bush's tax cuts for the rich. Nearly every major issue, from the illegal invasion of our country by Mexicans, to the power enjoyed by Saddam, and the Talliban, and the birth of Al Qaeda, the on-going dependency on foreign oil, the wastful spending and waste suffered from the major incompetence in the prosecution of this illegal, immoral war, and the devastating mistreatment of, and lack of support of our own American troops, all lay at the feet of the Republican Party, their lies, their immoral tactics, and their idiotic economic policies, which have led us straight into this recession.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-06-2008, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We use 25% of all the oil in the world, and wehave 3% of the reserves, and 4% of the population, totally out of step with the world!

</div></div>

Well let's all start riding bicycles to work. Or leave our big gasoline gobbling boats at the dock. You hypocrite.

The fact also is that we probably produce 25% of the food and products that are made in the world. Nobody bothers to mention that.

I don't time to respond to the rest of your much-too-lengthy rant. I have to get back to work to support all the bureaucrats and slackers that inhabit this country.

pooltchr
08-06-2008, 07:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Out of 85 million, we use 21 million barrels, and produce about 7 millionm here. We use 25% of all the oil in the world, and wehave 3% of the reserves, and 4% of the population, totally out of step with the world!

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Wow, just 4% of the world population, using 25% of all the oil to produce over 35% of all the goods and food consumed by the world....somehow, that seems fairly reasonable to me.
But the, I'm a conservative...what do I know???

Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
08-07-2008, 06:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Wow, just 4% of the world population, using 25% of all the oil to produce over 35% of all the goods and food consumed by the world....</div></div>

and we do it cleaner and more efficiently than anyone.

of course anybody that hates capitalism would never admit that

maybe we can go back to plowing with mules and see how happy the resultant starving hordes are about that

maybe we can park our cars and start riding horses. They don't pollute.....Oh wait,.. uh... never mind.

cheesemouse
08-07-2008, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Out of 85 million, we use 21 million barrels, and produce about 7 millionm here. We use 25% of all the oil in the world, and wehave 3% of the reserves, and 4% of the population, totally out of step with the world!

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

Wow, just 4% of the world population, using 25% of all the oil to produce over 35% of all the goods and food consumed by the world....somehow, that seems fairly reasonable to me.
But the, I'm a conservative...what do I know???

Steve </div></div>

pooltchr,
Finally a conservative has the balls to tell the truth, to expose the selfishness, and to pull the sheets back to show the glutenous fat little pig beneath. I salute you sir.

...here is what you don't know. Your attitude is what has destroyed the conservative movement in America...thank you for that, anyway:)

Gayle in MD
08-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Yet another irrelevant post from an obviously uninformed, right wing nut who has nothing worthwhile to offer, and is only interested in insulting people.

Go read your bible, you hypocrite. I bought my boat, and my car long ago. Go do some praying and see if you can pray the country out of this mess the Republican Party has made.

It doesn't make a damned bit of difference what we produce when countries like Russia, and Iran have us over an oil barrel, and we're burried in debt to a communist country.

We have to make some changes if we're going to have a decent future, and wasting 10 billion dollars a month, not including George Bush's Iraqi welfare program, isn't the way to go. Why not just admit that you voted for a man, and a party, that put us into one colossal mess, instead of insulting other people who had enough sense not to vote Republican.

The worst offender is our own DOD when it comes to oil. We're going to have to start addressing this mess, with dirty fuels, and global warming, and, much as the religious nuts would like to see the end of the world, we'll probably save the planet in the process. Opening up more oil leases, when the Oil companies haven't even researched what they already have in their hands, is idiotic.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM

Yet another irrelevant post from an obviously uninformed, right wing nut who has nothing worthwhile to offer, and is only interested in insulting people.

</div></div>

I t was relevant to what you posted, whether you will admit it or not.

I bought my boat, and my car long ago. </div></div>

You should have been thinking "long-term". Isn't that what you always say?

To save the planet, I think you should take your boat to the middle of the Bay and scuttle it. Just wear a life jacket.

Go read your bible, you hypocrite. </div></div>

Hmm.. good idea. I would if I wasn't working right now to support those who choose to ride in the wagon instead of getting out and helping pull the wagon.

Keep posting. You amuse me.

MAC
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Global warming is a hoax no issue there to be addressed.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-07-2008, 11:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheesemouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

pooltchr,
Finally a conservative has the balls to tell the truth, to expose the selfishness, and to pull the sheets back to show the glutenous fat little pig beneath. </div></div>

Then you should give up golf. Do you realize the resources it takes to maintain a golf course?

And sell your car and get a scooter at least, if not a bicycle.

Do that and then you will have credibility.

Gayle in MD
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Poster: Wally_in_Cincy
Subject: Re: Geez........

Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD

I t was relevant to what you posted, whether you will admit it or not.

<span style="color: #000066">It wasn't relevant, and you failed to address any of the facts surrounding the issue, s7uch as the complete irresponsibility of the oil industry, and the effect on oil that the Iraq fiasco had made. You're alwasy yapping about welfare, but I''ss bet you don't have a clue what Bush's Iraq welfare for terrorists program is costing you. </span>

I bought my boat, and my car long ago.

You should have been thinking "long-term". Isn't that what you always say?

<span style="color: #000066">I don't have to think long term. I have enough resources to make the changes I need to make when it is the responsible thing to do, hence, I also have a small Boston Whaler at my boat, and seldom use the big boat. I get 34 miles to the gallon in my Eldorado, with proper tire inflation, and by driving with my cruise control. What do you drive?</span>

To save the planet, I think you should take your boat to the middle of the Bay and scuttle it. Just wear a life jacket.

<span style="color: #000066">I don't really give a **** what you think. The best way to save the planet is to purge as many Republicans off the voting lists as possibly, and I can't get Katherine Harris to cooperate. </span>

Go read your bible, you hypocrite.

Hmm.. good idea. I would if I wasn't working right now to support those who choose to ride in the wagon instead of getting out and helping pull the wagon.

<span style="color: #000066">That would be you, and the Republicans you vote for every four years. </span>

Keep posting. You amuse me.

<span style="color: #000066">I don't post for your benefit, nor do I find any of your posts at all credible or valuable, other than they continue to prove my theories about Republican voters. </span>

eg8r
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have to think long term. I have enough resources to make the changes I need to make when it is the responsible thing to do, </div></div>LOL, so you lean on your money to bail you out of irresponsible decisions in hopes people might view your new decisions as being responsible.

You think it is responsible to destroy/pollute the earth for years until it becomes non-fashionable and then you use your resources to make a self-described "responsible" change. You just flap in the wind and go with what is popular at the time.

LOL, and to think you try to make everyone here believe you might know a little something about our poverty stricken fellow Americans. You have zero credibilty in any discussion about global warming, responsible decisions about oil dependence, Americans in poverty, etc.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-08-2008, 03:01 PM

you failed to address any of the facts surrounding the issue,

</div></div>

Actually I did.

It is very difficult to respond to a 500 word rant. I really don't have the time. Besides, you refuse to answer a direst question with a direct answer so what's the use. FYI, ranting is not debating.

I have enough resources to make the changes I need to make when it is the responsible thing to do, </div></div>

I wish I knew what that meant. I think it means something along the lines of Al Gore and Arianna Huffington justifying their carbon gluttony while chastizing the rest of mankind because they need to drive a pickup truck to make a living.

What do you drive?

</div></div>

I drive what I want, what I need, and what I can afford. That's the <span style="color: #3366FF">AMERICAN </span><span style="color: #FF0000">WAY </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

I don't really give a **** what you think.

</div></div>

The feeling is mutual. Finally we agree on something.

Gayle in MD
08-09-2008, 06:31 AM
LOL, gee, Wally, I was just following the directions of your great leader, George, when after 9/11, his only response to bin Laden's attack was telling us all to go shopping. I rushed right out and bought a new Eldorado! I already had everything else.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif