PDA

View Full Version : CIA Agents See Dangerous Precedent in Plame.

mike60
08-01-2008, 08:14 PM
WARNING: DENIAL FREAKS AND OTHER CONSTITUTIONALLY CHALLENGED WAR PROFITEER ENABLERS DO NOT READ, POSSIBLE CRANIAL IMPLOSION.

It's just too easy to find the truth.....

THIS IS ACTUAL CIA OFFICERS NOT REPORTERS OR HEARSAY.......

Agents See Dangerous Precedent in Plame's Outing
by Mary Louise Kelly
Listen Now [4 min 9 sec] add to playlist
Morning Edition, March 7, 2007 The verdict in the trial of Lewis "Scooter" Libby is attracting attention among Valerie Plame's former colleagues at the CIA.
Among intelligence insiders, there's concern that nearly four years after the CIA called for an investigation into the leak of Plame's name to reporters, no one has been charged for what they see as an unpardonable crime: outing an undercover operative.
Valerie Plame belonged to that secretive circle of spies who spend most of their careers in some cases, their whole lives operating undercover. Within that circle, there appears to be mostly relief at the verdict. Larry Johnson, who was in Plame's CIA class and has remained a close friend, calls it "wonderful news."
Johnson adds, "I think there was a general perception that this government could get away with anything. With this verdict, the answer is, 'No it can't.'" Johnson sees the decision as a moment of vindication for his friend. But he says it shouldn't be the end of the Plame story that more officials should be charged.

That's a view shared by Robert Richer, former No. 2 in the CIA's clandestine service.
"Someone made a conscious decision to disclose the identity of an operative working undercover," Richer says. "And I think that they should be held accountable. It is a criminal offense."
It's not looking likely, though, that anyone will be held accountable. Lead prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald says no additional charges will be filed. That means Libby, who was convicted on charges of lying and obstructing justice, will be the only person to stand trial in the matter and no one will charged with the actual leak.
Richer finds this troublesome. Valerie Plame's outing, he argues, had consequences not just for her personal safety, but for everyone she had contact with in the field. But Richer says the Libby trial, though flawed, was still worthwhile.
"I do think it got a message across. How do you value a compromised national security operation, or an agent's life? So if this cost us a number of millions of dollars to prosecute this case, and it took up a lot of time... When someone gets ready to disclose this type of information again and they think, 'You know what, I could be held accountable,' then it's probably well worth whatever we paid for it."

But another former CIA officer, Bob Baer, takes away a very different message from the Libby trial. Baer spent 21 years as a covert operative in the Middle East. He worries that the lack of indictments for administration officials beyond Libby leaves the door open for more leaks in future.
"You know, we used to talk in the CIA 'Can we protect our sources, can we protect our identities?' And the answer is no," Baer says. "Because exposing Valerie Plame was so widespread across the administration, and no one's been charged for exposing her identity."
Baer says he thinks that the takeaway message of what's come to be known as "Plamegate" is this: "If you're sitting in Baghdad or Kabul or anywhere else, you can be exposed by someone else in the government. And there's no consequences."
This view is not universal, though. A CIA spokesman declined to comment. But former senior official Rob Richer remains convinced that the vast majority of government officials understand and respect clandestine operations.
"This in many ways is an anomaly," Richer says. "This has not happened often. You had a weakening here. You had a disclosure for political need. That's a problem. I don't think it'll be repeated."
Share this Page

E-mail this Page

READ THIS AND SEE THE NAMES AND THE LIBBY TRIAL "WORTHWHILE" THE CIA WANTS MORE INDICTMENTS CITE DISCLOSURE WAS FOR A POLITICAL NEED, "THAT'S A PROBLEM"

PLEASE SAVE THE SELF SERVING BUT, BUT, BUT, DENAIL NONSENSE........

miguel

LWW
08-02-2008, 03:53 AM
What was Plame's field of expertise at the CIA?

LWW

mike60
08-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Larry, You already know from plenty of other posts.

mike

eg8r
08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
LOL, I am wondering, did you meet this woman once and did she give you the inkling you just might have a chance? I have never seen anyone so tied up about a secretary before.

eg8r

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DENAIL NONSENSE........

miguel

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Denail nonsense? Is that another form of torture?</span>

mike60
08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Dangerous amounts of Egyptian river detected in posts around here.

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dangerous amounts of Egyptian river detected in posts around here. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Oh! You had in mind Denial, not denail! I see! </span>

eg8r
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Enough of the river stuff, I wanna hear more about that denailing torture stuff. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
08-04-2008, 10:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dangerous amounts of Egyptian river detected in posts around here. </div></div>

I don't know why, but that just never ever gets old. Nice one there Mikey

Sack

wolfdancer
08-05-2008, 01:10 AM
You start pulling out nails and they'll admit to anything ...even to being a CC republican....

Deeman3
08-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Ask McCain, he's probably one of the few among us who has actually had it done to him. However, I heard he didn't say much.

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I heard he signed a confession. Any thoughts about the repercussions of that?

Gayle in Md.

mike60
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
McCain was tortured and made statements, He is human and not beyond feelings, He was an honorable prisoner and deserves respect for his ordeal.

In August of 1968, a program of severe torture began on McCain, at the same time as he was suffering from dysentery, and McCain made an anti-American propaganda "confession". He has always felt that his statement was dishonorable, but as he would later write, "I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine." His injuries left him permanently incapable of raising his arms above his head. He subsequently received two to three beatings per week because of his continued refusal to sign additional statements. Other American POWs were similarly tortured and maltreated in order to extract "confessions" and propaganda statements, with many enduring even worse treatment than McCain.

mike

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Yet he voted for torture, himself, against his own anti-torture bill!

McCain is every bit as deceitful as Bush. I'm sorry he was tortured, but that is because I am against torture, not because I respect a man like John McCain, who dumped the wife who stood by him through thick and thin after her horrible accident, for a rich gal whose daddy could enhance his political ambitions. That was after he ran around on wife one, for years, all over Washington D.C.

Just because he was a POW, that does not make him the right man to lead this country out of this horrendous Republican mess! McCain would be disasterous! He is nothing but a fake. He's a pawn for the corporate fascists that are ruining this country. The fact that he was captured, may be sad and unfortunate, but that alone does not make him a man of lifelong integrity. I've heard, and read a good bit about Johm McCain, and he is not a good man.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-06-2008, 07:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet he voted for torture, himself, against his own anti-torture bill!</div></div>He must have remembered its effectiveness. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not because I respect a man like John McCain, who dumped the wife who stood by him through thick and thin after her horrible accident, for a rich gal whose daddy could enhance his political ambitions. That was after he ran around on wife one, for years, all over Washington D.C.
</div></div>Why the double standards Gayle? First off you don't respect the man because he ran around on his wife, yet Clinton is also famous for this and you tell us his personal life should have nothing to do with politics. Now with McCain that all goes out the window?

Just so you know, I am not defending McCain, I am just questioning your double standard. I think McCain is a dog just like Clinton and every other man that cheats on his wife.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I think McCain is a dog just like Clinton and every other man that cheats on his wife.
The Bible tells us to go forth and multiply....with just one woman, you can only add to the population....

mike60
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
eg8r, Torture does not get true answers from victims. It never has and never will.
Try it on yourself and let us know how well it works.

mike

Deeman3
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg8r, Torture does not get true answers from victims. It never has and never will.

mike </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Mike,

I think you are wrong, partly. Torture does not get true answers from some victims would be correct. From some it certainly does. </span>

Deeman3
08-07-2008, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard he signed a confession. Any thoughts about the repercussions of that?

Gayle in Md. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I did not know that. As you guys say torture does not work, why in thw world would he have signed a confession?

So, you are now saying he was in cahoots with the enemy?

How Sad. </span>

Gayle in MD
08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
No, that's not what I'm saying. I was asking about what repercussions come from that.

Also, I don't agree that torture works. I've listened to quite a few, Military, CIA, and FBI experts. The concensus is that tortore does not provide reliable information.

In the circumstances of dealing with insurgencies, to build stability in fractured, unstable countries, or fight terrorism, bombing doesn't work either. Just like storming into a country in an occupation, like Bush has done in the Middle East, also doesn't work.

We haven't gained anything under George Bush, and in fact, we have lost ground in all of our most pressing interests. This administration obviously didn't know what the hell they were doing, and the state of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq, where there are still car bombs in Baghdad, still ethnic and religious grudges, and still an unstable non functioning government which does nothing to aid its own citizens by working to provide the basic infrastructure they lack, indicates to me that there have been no political gains in that country. The actual results are that this policy has armed a whole new militia which is expected to produce resistance to the Iraqi Police, and government, eventually. You can put American Troops anywhere, and they can bring about a reduction in violence, but that's about it. There have been no political gains in that country, and those who say that benchmarks have actually been achieved between the ethnic and religious groups there, are blowing smoke.

AlQaeda, and the Talliban, are dripping in money, equipment, and power now. If we don't have another attack in the coming months, we'll be lucky. Of the six attacks that have been prevented in other Countries, police work has been the preventative tactic, not torture, not bombs, and not cowboy diplomacy and blow hard ignorance.

Gayle in Md.

Chopstick
08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg8r, Torture does not get true answers from victims. It never has and never will.

mike </div></div>

Do you have some kind of special training in this area? If not then how do you know this? You can't even lie to your wife. What chance do you think you would have against a professional? In the end everyone breaks. That is without exception. It is just a matter of time.

wolfdancer
08-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I'd have told them where I buried both Amelia Earhart and Jimmy Hoffa, also confessed to killing Sam Shepard's wife and to being both the Boston Strangler, and the Zodiac killer.

Deeman3
08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I have had Asians lie under duress but some truth did come out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I thought you did the Hoffa thing. You always took job stuff badly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
08-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Sorry mikey, I don't handle the pain well and I ended telling myself where I hid the snacks.

eg8r

mike60
08-08-2008, 12:42 AM
This thread has gotten so incredibly stupid it reeks. The Egyptian River Wading Society has been so dense as to require special education measures to be used.

It will never occur to any of them that they are defending the guilty, the traitors, WAR PROFITEERS. So screw 'em. They don't deserve an answer to any of their

ignorant crap. Simple language is too intricate for them. I don't have the time required to rehabilitate these miscreants. from here on i just post "ERWS".

And all is well......

miguel

LWW
08-08-2008, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread has gotten so incredibly stupid it reeks. The Egyptian River Wading Society has been so dense as to require special education measures to be used.

It will never occur to any of them that they are defending the guilty, the traitors, WAR PROFITEERS. So screw 'em. They don't deserve an answer to any of their

ignorant crap. Simple language is too intricate for them. I don't have the time required to rehabilitate these miscreants. from here on i just post "ERWS".

And all is well......

miguel </div></div>
I'm sorry Mike, but you are doing EXACTLY what you are accusing others of doing.

LWW

eg8r
08-08-2008, 12:07 PM
mikey boy, you just post whatever you want. It is a free country and if you chose to act foolish you just go ahead and keep it up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

mike60
08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Larry, With all due respect, and a dose of logic. We do not agree, I don't care. We will vote for the candidate we choose and let the results prove the case.
I have no problem seeing the criminal and dishonorable path taken by the present administration. The proof is tangible and obvious. We are blessed to live where we may have disagreements with the government and not fear retribution out of hand. I present the statements of CIA Directors, Active Field Agents, past USA Ambassadors and they have a unified stance that Valerie Plame was a working covert agent doing important networking among groups in countries that need watching and are potentially dangerous to the security of the USA. The claims of members of the ERWS, namely Bobby and Ed, while wordy and persistent do not have the ring of truth. Likewise when you quote the National Review Online as a source the onus is on them to prove their claims which they fail to do as the NRO is clearly a very partisan organization supporting the present administration. I agree your citing NRO is a proper method of showing your preference of how the facts appear, however the facts are not favorable to your argument. I feel the outcome of this matter is much more serious than your cohorts seem to realize. This is a time of undeclared war. But still a war. To expose this covert network that actually is doing the work of finding dangerous weapons and use that information for partisan political advantage to counter a lie told to convince the public a war was necessary is beyond treason and approaches insanity. I have said that if you voted for these liars and war profiteers that you are as guilty as they are. I'll amend that to say that anyone gets a second chance. The opportunity is at hand in the next Presidential Election. Vote for John McCain and get more of the same war without reason. Or vote for Barrak Obama and get our nation out of this illegal war.

It is too important to fail again.

mike

mike60
08-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Chop, Just read your post. Yes, everyone breaks but that doesn't mean they tell the truth. You'll say anything to stop the torture, John McCain did.

mikey

wolfdancer
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I see nothing foolish in Mike's posts. And after reading yours, I see that you have given up trying to present a cogent argument for your take on the issue.
you haven't written anything that supports your fictionalized version of events. (course that's just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I doubt it)

mike60
08-08-2008, 03:36 PM
ERWS meeting tonight bring your sheets.

Bobbyrx
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I present the statements of CIA Directors, Active Field Agents, past USA Ambassadors and they have a unified stance that Valerie Plame was a working covert agent doing important networking among groups in countries that need watching and are potentially dangerous to the security of the USA. The claims of members of the ERWS, namely Bobby and Ed, while wordy and persistent do not have the ring of truth. <span style="color: #FF0000">Please show me where I have said she was not covert. I do appreciate being associated with a knowledgeable person like Ed and do agree with him most of the time. He said secretary, I said 007 (but I guess agent 99 would be more appropriate) I had just asked you to explain why there was a trial when the special prosecutor knew who outed Plame before the trial and still went after Libby, and of course you can't</span> The opportunity is at hand in the next Presidential Election. Vote for John McCain and get more of the same war without reason. Or vote for Barrak Obama and get our nation out of this illegal war. <span style="color: #FF0000">Didn't you hear, he's backed off on this now. How surprising......Let's see there was the immediate withdrawal plan followed by the 16 month withdrawal plan followed by the 16 month plan based on conditions on the ground.........sounds kind of like McCain's plan.....but we still have 2 months to go
</span>

It is too important to fail again.

mike </div></div>

mike60
08-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Well Bobby, If you had read the Libby Indictment it be obvious he was charged with lying and obstruction of justice. As for the cretin that exposed Plame i'm sure there will be the proper punishment. Your flippant manner and idiotic blather do nothing to convince anyone of your verity. As for the war and how we get out is a moot point, too many dead, too many maimed, too many WAR PROFITEERS. You may now return beneath your rock.

Notice: ERWS meeting scheduled for tonight canceled, idiots can't find the bridge is was to be under.

miguel

mike60
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Egyptian Museum displays Ancient Waders......
This year marks the 3000th year since the founding of the EGYPTIAN RIVER WADING SOCIETY. To celebrate loyal Wingbats will dip their
toes in the sacred river while they recite their secret oath. We have uncovered a papyrus scroll showing the original rites. It seems they
place their fingers in their ears and point their heads up and yell "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA, etc. until everyone else has gone home. Then they
drink the Moonshine and the younger ones line dance. This nobel and ancient society has been active all over the South and some of the Mid
West but has little influence on the Coasts. Society members are delivering Moonshine and even Moonpies to both Coasts to counteract
this gap. Leaders have recently completed the merger with the Directorate of Density allowing even Bama and Ed to participate without
having to have everything read to them. Real progress. We sincerely hope for the best and have begun to see more and better use of the
waders and some barefoot adventures are surely ahead for the Members. The rumors of Members being bitten by Crocs and spit out are true, Members just don't taste good. Lucky.

film at eleven.

your faithful reporter, miguel
_

eg8r
08-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Why should you wolfie? You wear the same blinders as mikey.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry Ed, but I listen and read both sides of the story....and my instinct says "guilty as charged"
You're welcome to your version of events....but doubt that you could sell that story
You might be "book smart" but maybe score low on sapience?

Sapience is often defined as wisdom, or the ability of an organism or entity to act with appropriate judgment. Judgment is a mental faculty which is a component of intelligence or alternatively may be considered an additional faculty, apart from intelligence, with its own properties. Robert Sternberg [1] has segregated the capacity for judgment from the general qualifiers for intelligence, which is closer to cognizant aptitude than to wisdom. Displaying sound judgment in a complex, dynamic environment is a hallmark of wisdom.

eg8r
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
LOL, you are probably right. I am sitting here in an airport waiting for a plane that has been delayed 3 times already. And I just keep waiting believing sooner or later the dumb plane might actually get here.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Because MORE THAN ONE PERSON WAS INVOLVED. It was a conspiracy, led by the Vice President's office. No attention would have ever even been drawn to her name without Cheney digging around asking questions. Armitage didn't know she was covert. The administration did know full well. The administration led the campaign to punish Joe Wilson, who was a real patriot, who had been praised by George H. W. Bush.

The cloud remains over the Vice President's office.

Do find yourself a crayon before you vote. Get yourself a McDonald's kids follow the dots paper menu, and see if you can make a picture out of the numbered dots. You owe it to your country!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Boobyrx is another wacko wingnut that ain't worth the time it takes to tell him he's full of ****.
If the rx means he's a druggist, i think he's standing too close to the pestle and the fumes are getting to him

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Mike, well said, and probably the best post I have read on the topic.
It's hard to dispute a convincing, logical argument, and I see that only one person has tried....and failed!!!

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 12:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He must have remembered its effectiveness.
</div></div>

torture doesn't provide reliable information, never has, never will, so say all the military experts, the generals, psychologists, CIA, it's unamimous among all, but then, facts don't sink into your brain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why the double standards Gayle? First off you don't respect the man because he ran around on his wife, <span style="color: #000066">That is only one of many things about him I don't trust, or respect. </span> yet Clinton is also famous for this and you tell us his personal life should have nothing to do with politics. <span style="color: #000066">I think wasting the taxpayers money of investigations that didn't turn up any illegalities involving his presidency was a waste of money, and a distraction from dealing with al Qaeda and their growing threat. It was all Repiglican sour grapes over losing two elections. Poor losers, kind of like the people who voted for Bush, and then we all watched him F. up everything! </span> Now with McCain that all goes out the window? McSame is just plain old stupid, just like Bush, stupid, AND deceitful, it's a Repiglican thing.

Just so you know, I am not defending McCain, I am just questioning your double standard. <span style="color: #000066">BWQA HA HA HA.... </span> I think McCain is a dog just like Clinton and every other man that cheats on his wife. <span style="color: #000066"> I wouldn't know. Infidelity has never touched my life. I have been blessed with nothing but outstanding men, from my dad, to my husband, to my son-in-law. By and large, it's a stupid thing to do, IMO, regardless of which party a person belongs to, but I think it's non of our business. McCain, however, did it in an incredibly blatant way, and without any discretion, even applied for a marriage liscense while he was married to another woman! he's a pos, as far as I'm concerned.</span>

eg8r
</div></div>

eg8r
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think wasting the taxpayers money of investigations that didn't turn up any illegalities involving his presidency was a waste of money,</div></div>So, libby obstructing justice was bad but with clinton it is OK? There is always a double standard with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think McCain is a dog just like Clinton and every other man that cheats on his wife. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't know. Infidelity has never touched my life.</div></div></div></div>I was not asking about your personal situation, I was merely stating that if a man cheats on his wife then he is a dog. Do you disagree?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By and large, it's a stupid thing to do, IMO, regardless of which party a person belongs to, but I think it's non of our business.</div></div>If you don't think it is any of your business WHY DO YOU KEEP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH ABOUT MCCAIN AND HIS INFIDELITY?????? Stop the BS double standards in your posts.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Ed,
You are the one who is justifying the investigations into Clinton's personal life, not me. I am noting that the media is focussed on a man who isn't running for a thing,k while overlooking the one who is.

I don't think that what goes on between a man and his wife should be public fodder, particularly regarding affairs. That's my point.

I am simply stating that the media has kept completely out of the many McCain dalliances, emotional outbursts, and physical controntations he has prepetrated, and he is the one running for president, while running this thing about Edwards into the ground, when he isn't even in the running for any public office.

The Democrats are not the party that has been running their campaigns on religion, and a stated higher moral authority, that's the Republicans. So when a Senator who has been demonizing gays, goes toe tapping in the bathroom, or like Newt, demonizing Clinton for infidelity, while he himself had a mistress at that very time, or Barr, calling women who have had abortions, muderrers, when he paid for his own wife's abortion with his personal check, the hypocracy is pevasive, and commenting about it has little to do with politics. Like everything else, the question of hypocracy, is a matter of degree.

Here's what I think about affairs, in general. None of us ever knows what is going on between a husband and wife. I once read a quotation that read...

"Sometimes the chains of matrimony are so heavy, it takes three to carry them."

I've held the hands of both men and women friends of mine who have been the victims, and the perpetrators of an affair. Every story is different, and every reason is different. This thing with Edwards is particularly offensive to me because of his wife's condition, and because she is such a fine woman, and very brave, IMO, and their children have enough on their plates without this. My overall reaction to it is that I think it's a shame, un-necessary, and actually none of our business.

I've seen affairs end marriages, and I've seen them save marriages, and I just try to stay as far away from the personal business of others, as I can, other than trying to be a good and supportive friend.

I've know both men, and women, who were driven by their egos throughout their lives. It's a sad thing to watch. They have no idea where their best interests lay, just like all gamblers, egomaniacs, Narcississts, and just like drug addicts. Human frailties abound all around all of us. I've known perfectionists who never stepped off any path, who were the meanest and most miserable people around. All in all, I prefer to try to lift people up, in place of running them down, anybody can do that, that's easy.

John McCain is mentally ill, IMO. He's running for the presidency. That IS my business, and yours. However, infidelity is the least of my worries about him. I think as well that George Bush is not a stable person at all, and we can surely see the trail of broken lives in his wake.

Unfortunately, positions of power often do attract people who are not well balanced, from policemen, to presidents. That's probably one of the main reason why this world is so screwed up. McCain's behavoir throughout his life has been pretty smutty, all in all, IMO. The fact that he was a POW, shouldn't blind us to all the warning signals that are as plain as day while we appraise his overall emotional instability, or abilities.

I also don't think you and I add a thing to our lives by calling one another hypocrites. I've already told you how I feel about hypocracy, we're ALL hypocrites. I told you that long ago.

To answer your question, no, I don't think every person who has an affair is a dog. I think human nature is imprefect, and people make mistakes. Take what you want, and pay for it, said God. I don't think fidelity is an issue when deciding who can best run the country, or any other job. Would you check to learn whether your doctor has ever had an affair before you let him operate?

The whole thing is absurd, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-12-2008, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are the one who is justifying the investigations into Clinton's personal life, not me. I am noting that the media is focussed on a man who isn't running for a thing,k while overlooking the one who is.</div></div>We are both talking about politicians and whether their private life has anything to do with their public life. You have a double standard when it comes to Dems doing wrong and Reps doing wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think that what goes on between a man and his wife should be public fodder, particularly regarding affairs. That's my point.</div></div>And my point is why then did you bring up McCain's affairs. The only time you don't think it should be public fodder is when it is a Dem in question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think fidelity is an issue when deciding who can best run the country, or any other job.</div></div>Then why did you bring up McCain in the beginning?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I never brought up his affairs as a main Issue in the beginning. In the beginning, as you put it, I brought up his mental issues, his famous temper, his bottom of his class rating at Annapolis, the part about how he treated his wife, was included in a story I posted here long ago, what did you want me to do, delete it to make all your righties more comfortable about your nutty candidate?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never brought up his affairs as a main Issue in the beginning.</div></div>If we are to believe you don't think an affair should ever be brought up then you should have shut your figurative mouth before you even mentioned it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't give a **** what you believe, Ed. In fact, you're a total waste of time. I'll mention any damned thing I like, and you can stuff it, big boy.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Gayle, you do have a way with words !!!
Now sometimes in the past you have been criticized for the length of your posts, but this is short, succinct, and comes immediately to the point, and should satisfy all but your harshest critics

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I missed this post the other day...but it reminded me of the time I was taking the shuttle from Boston to NYC...it ran hourly back then and you paid cash on board...(how times have changed)
It was delayed due to problems with the plane...and after A short time...looking out the window I saw a tractor pulling what looked like a WWII bomber to the terminal. In the era of jets, this was their standby aircraft.
I'd forgotten how much a prop plane vibrated as the engine was revved up, and thought this might be it....hope the family enjoys the flight insurance $$...but we made it safely...not sure if my sisters have gotten over how close they came to getting their hands on some free $$

eg8r
08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
You like to tell others what to do but oh my goodness don't let someone tell you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Have a good night.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't tell others what to do. I usually just scratch my head and wonder why they do what they do. Like people who actually post the same insults, over and over, and think anyone else gives a damn.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
CIA agents see dangerous precedent in Ed.
They worry that the lemmings will buy into anything out of blind party loyalty..

mike60
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
John McCain, naked ambition and beer trophy wife seen flying into skyscraper...

Opps. It was a brothel not a sky scraper, he was being carried not flying, wearing a diaper but the rest is true....

film at eleven...

miguel /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the laugh!!!
"beer trophy wife" I'm still cracking up