PDA

View Full Version : Media easy on Obama

Qtec
08-01-2008, 09:57 PM
...............?

Jon Stewart tells it like it is.

So true (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/01/the-daily-show-mccain-touted-his-accomplishments-missed-by-media-oh-and-the-hiltons-might-want-their-money-back/)

Q........... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

sack316
08-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Gotta love Jon, he's a funny guy. Good clip. And no, i'm really not being sarcastic, I really do like the Daily Show... so much better with him than it was with Kilborn.

As far as the content itself. Well, guess it's a positive to see the only defense from the Obama side of things regarding his "arrogance" is for someone to say "well McCain does it too!". No true comeback to such claims.

And hence we begin the trek of Obama discovering why the media being with you all the time giving you more coverage, may not always be a good thing. McCain may well be in the same boat as Obama as far as the things discussed in the Daily Show segment... just no outlet provides enough time for anyone to see it. Well except for this particular segment I suppose, which drafted together a couple of months of statements from Mccain... which may be roughly equivalent to one speech from Obama.

Nevertheless Q, thanks for the link. Been closing a lot lately and have been missing out on my Daily Show/ Colbert Report fix.

Sack

LWW
08-02-2008, 04:08 AM
What's amazing is that some people mistake this for journalism.

LWW

sack316
08-02-2008, 10:08 AM
LWW, what's even more amazing than that is that it's probably closer to journalism than a lot of the real journalism that's out there right now.

Sack

LWW
08-03-2008, 06:17 AM
I'll say it's funnier.

Beyond that, it's just a left wing source set free from it's leash.

LWW

eg8r
08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I would completely agree. I think the Daily Show is hilarious and usually what makes comedy funny is the reality involved. I find Jon Stewart hilarious and when I have a chance I always enjoy watching his show.

eg8r

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I do agree that Jon is funny and he does, on occasion, get onto both candidates. I like Colbert even better.