PDA

View Full Version : Weekends, Chicken Fried Steak and Pool

rackmup
08-10-2002, 08:07 AM
I love the weekends. On Saturday, without fail, I grab the cues and the morning paper and sail out the front door, destination: Cracker Barrel. MMMM...the taste of a good chicken fried steak covered in gravy, two eggs over medium and cheesy hash brown casserole.

I read the paper, sip some coffee and just tune the world out. This weekend will be especially relaxing as I am moving out of the hell that has been my home since my wife asked for a divorce. Now moving may not seem relaxing to you but trust me, this is one move I will enjoy.

After I fill myself at CB, I head to CLICK'S in Arlington. The same crew is there every Saturday and it just feels like "home". I grab a railbird seat, have a little more coffee and finish the paper. Eventually, someone will want to boost their ego by asking me to play (the ego-boost comes from beating me game-after-game!)

I'll hang here until about 8-9PM, then head home to the couch. Moving day can't come soon enough and weekends? Well, there simply aren't enough of them in a week.

Have a great one yourself (what do you do?),

Ken

BLACKHEART
08-10-2002, 02:43 PM
I love chicken fried steak. In fact we are going to Cracker Barrel to get that delicacy tonite after golf...JER

Rich R.
08-10-2002, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Cracker Barrel. MMMM...the taste of a good chicken fried steak covered in gravy, two eggs over medium and cheesy hash brown casserole.
<hr></blockquote>
Ken, if your arteries can handle a breakfast like that, you have no other problems in the world. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
If that breakfast didn't kill me, my cardiologist would.
Rich R.~~~wish I could join you. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

BLACKHEART
08-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Well we played golf then headed over to Cracker Barrel as planned. Chicken fried steak, texas fries,coleslaw,fried apple desert. Oh &amp; DIET COKE, gotta watch what we eat ya know...JER

Rod
08-11-2002, 03:01 AM
Ken,

Well this morning at 7.30 AM me and a buddy headed for Tucson to play in the first anual seniors 9 ball championship. It is a 130 mile drive. On the way we stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Sausage and eggs, grits and biscuits with gravy. MMMM I left in the money but sold my spot to my opponent that I would play at 1 PM tommorrow. I had a good day and got to meet a lot of old friends. The only reason we left was because we both were not in the money. It is a matter of numbers. Never had a paper and I don't drink coffee. lol Lets see it is 2 AM now and I'm just winding down. Did I mention we both had 3 hrs sleep last night?

~~~ rod is on a natural high