PDA

View Full Version : How low can you go

Qtec
08-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Has anyone seen McCain's attack ad?
Celebrity. OMG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXYsw_ZDXg)

Speechless.

Lets have a vote.

JM has lost ALL credibility. Yes/No

Q.................YES

sack316
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I vote "NO". This ad has been talked about all week long. I don't think it's a great ad, nor do I think it's as outlandish as some seem to think. It covers the perception that Obama is more of a "rock star" than a president, calls him out on drilling, and raises the issue of higher taxes. The only thing possibly unreasonable about this ad is the fact that Paris Hilton is shown in it, and her parents donated the max amount to the McCain campaign. So it may not be the best "thank you" note to them... but still probably a step above throwing longtime associates under the bus.

As I said, I'm not a huge fan of this ad anyway... but I fail to see what weight it may have on his credibility. It takes on 3 worries in the minds of many undecideds, and even some supporters. Besides, whether I like it or not, since this ad came out the polls have evened up. I haven't seen any major blunders from Obama in the last week (well, except for the same old same old... maybe people are catching on?)... so apparently it's possible the ad spoke to some people. And after all, wouldn't that be what it is intended to do?

Though I do also fail to see how calling someone a "celebrity" is a major dis. Then again, it could be frigging brilliant to put Paris or Britney associated in the minds of viewers alongside Obama's face. I mean, two of the celebutants America is most sick of hearing about, then flash to Obama. The more I think about it, the more I think the ad may actually be pretty smart in an almost subliminal message sort of way. Think I'll play it backwards and see if it says anything anti-semitic.

Sack

Bobbyrx
08-04-2008, 01:05 AM
He is quite credible. I still want to know why you think Obama has any qualifications for president at all....

LWW
08-04-2008, 03:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone seen McCain's attack ad?

Speechless.

Lets have a vote.

Q.................YES

</div></div>
Yer funnee!

LWW

hondo
08-04-2008, 05:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone seen McCain's attack ad?

Speechless.

Lets have a vote.

Q.................YES

</div></div>

We've seen in the last 2 elections that the Republicans will stoop to anything to win. I imagine it will get a lot worse.

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We've seen in the last 2 elections that the Republicans will stoop to anything to win. I imagine it will get a lot worse. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I certainly hope so. It is getting very boring right now. </span>

eg8r
08-04-2008, 08:25 AM
NO

hondo
08-04-2008, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo </div></div>

We've seen in the last 2 elections that the Republicans will stoop to anything to win. I imagine it will get a lot worse. [/quote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I certainly hope so. It is getting very boring right now. </span> </div></div>

I'd like to think you're kidding.
What can possibly be good about making fools out of the American people again?

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 12:31 PM
[quote=hondo

I'd like to think you're kidding.
What can possibly be good about making fools out of the American people again? [/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000">Of course you would but we both see different levels of making fools of the American people. I agree we can do better than Bush but throwing the baby out with the bath water is not an answer. As poorly as BUsh has managed the small part of the economy he can impact, just opening the faucet and pouring more money down the drain is going to hurt a lot worse.

Nothing in Obama's speech, policy or rallies has indicated he has any intent of controlling corruption, spending nor doing anything else other than further expand the government and raise taxes. Anyone who thinks he will only raise taxes on the people making over $250K is not dealing with reality nor paying attention to his proposed programs any of which will dwarf the war spending we have seen so far.

The little good it would do to alievate the white guilt over slavery will not justify the even further trasnfer of wealth and further socialization of this country. Of course, I could be wrong. He could be a very conservative person, but we know very little about him beyond what Ludacris says. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

sack316
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We've seen in the last 2 elections that the Republicans will stoop to anything to win. I imagine it will get a lot worse. </div></div>

I tend to think that this time it's not up to republican strategy, trickery, or anything of the sort. This election is not McCain vs. Obama... this election is simply Obama vs. Obama. Easy gimmie win for the democrats this year, and I think it is still theirs to lose even with the polls currently even, for all intensive purposes.

McCain hasn't run a really good campaign. I don't think he's gaining points so much, I think Obama is losing them. Who wins in the end will be much more weighted on the shoulders of Obama and the left than anything McCain and the right can possibly do at this point. JMHO, but I don't think anyone trusts either side enough for any smear tactics to work. In the end, this race is probably Obama's to win or lose. And if a democrat can't win the white house right now, in this election, they may as well hang it up.

Sack

hondo
08-05-2008, 05:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I tend to think that this time it's not up to republican strategy, trickery, or anything of the sort. This election is not McCain vs. Obama... this election is simply Obama vs. Obama. Easy gimmie win for the democrats this year, and I think it is still theirs to lose even with the polls currently even, for all intensive purposes.

McCain hasn't run a really good campaign. I don't think he's gaining points so much, I think Obama is losing them. Who wins in the end will be much more weighted on the shoulders of Obama and the left than anything McCain and the right can possibly do at this point. JMHO, but I don't think anyone trusts either side enough for any smear tactics to work. In the end, this race is probably Obama's to win or lose. And if a democrat can't win the white house right now, in this election, they may as well hang it up.

Sack </div></div>

I,on the other hand, feel that the Republican party spinners have mastered the art of doublethink so well that they will
cloud the issues and hoodwink the American sheeple once again and
steal another election.
It's already starting and getting worse each week.
That's why Obama is losing his lead.

Deeman3
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
[quote=hondo
I,on the other hand, feel that the Republican party spinners have mastered the art of doublethink so well that they will
steal another election.
That's why Obama is losing his lead. [/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Respectfully Hondo, I think mastering the art of political campaigns is a more appropriate phrase. It is still the free expression of the American voter. Just because they may not agree with your selection does not make them sheep, that's a Harley rider!

If Obama can't stay on topic and put his case forward as the best candidate especially with the media fawning over him, how will he ever be an effective leader? </span>

sack316
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
steal another election.
That's why Obama is losing his lead. </div></div>

I can respect and understand that view Hondo. But I still think what has kept the voter head murky this long regarding Obama is... Obama. As most of us righties here have said, I'm not that big on McCain either. I've tried to listen to Obama and just see. I've probably watched five times more Obama speeches than I have McCain ones... just trying to find something that speaks to me and figure out what he's about. As pleasurable as he is to listen to, I still haven't heard much content in what he says. And when there is content, said content tends to change and shift from day to day... and I think even shifted twice in the same day while in Michigan, if I recall correctly. I don't really know what he PLANS on trying to do, other than hope and change, and a lot of programs that sound good yet no real info on what's paying for those programs. I take that back, he has said stuff about windfall taxes on big oil from time to time. But then again, that would contradict his plan to use less foreign oil. So I'm still left up in the air on that one.

And things like that, are what is keeping voters "scared" of him. A republican campaign exploiting that is not underhanded, it's smart. No matter how good the campaign FOR McCain, I don't think he could win. But a campain against Obama from McCain, may well give him a shot. Again, JMHO

Sack

Deeman3
08-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I want my $1,000 gas rebate Mr. Obama. I wonder how he will get that ruling in a free country. Oh! That's right, after he's elected, it will be a new deal and he can tax anyone he cares to.

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
JM never had any credibility. His assertions against Obama are absurd, given his many many flip flops on everything from Bush's tax cuts for the rich, to abortion.

He was all for the worst foreign policy decision in history, the invasion and occupation of Iraq. His campaign is being run by lobbyists, and Karl Rove, incognito. His wife had to depend on Ross Pero to pay for her huge medical expenses while he was imprisoned, and with a father and grand-father, both having been Admirals in the Navy, what does that say about his family?

McCain would be nothing but a continuation of Bush's failed policies, particularly in the field of economics.

I'm no Obama lover, but McCain would be the worst possible nightmare for this country. It is long past time for America to completely embrace energy dependence, and clean fuels. We should have done so forty years ago. McCain wants to expand the drilling areas, when the oil companies haven't even used the many millions of acres, both on and off shore, that they've been holding onto for years! slurping up tax breaks, and doing nothing to build new refineries. They're perfectly happy as they are, reaping up unprecedented profits, taking all of us to the cleaners, and not spending enough of their profits and tax cuts, and subsidies to make any difference at all in our dependence on foreign oil.

McCain is a complete joke! His commercials are silly, and deceiptive, full of lies, and we've had plenty enough lies in this country for the last eight years!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
08-05-2008, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is long past time for America to completely embrace energy dependence, <span style="color: #FF0000"> I think you meant independence...but given your left leaning trends, perhaps not.</span> and clean fuels. We should have done so forty years ago. <span style="color: #FF0000">Now your're talking! It's all LBJ's fault! </span> McCain wants to expand the drilling areas, <span style="color: #FF0000"> As do about 70% of the American public...I guess it's just the looney 30 percenters who are against it</span> when the oil companies haven't even used the many millions of acres, both on and off shore, that they've been holding onto for years! <span style="color: #FF0000">I'm guessing they would prefer to drill where there are PROVEN oil deposits...certainly a more cost effective way to go about it. </span> slurping up tax breaks, and doing nothing to build new refineries. <span style="color: #FF0000">Why don't you invite them up to build one or two on the eastern shore? You can't blame the oil companies when they can't get permits to build them anywhere. </span> They're perfectly happy as they are, reaping up unprecedented profits, <span style="color: #FF0000">and minimal profit margins </span> taking all of us to the cleaners, and not spending enough of their profits and tax cuts, and subsidies to make any difference at all in our dependence on foreign oil.

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Let's see...Exxon made 12 billion last year...but it spent 137 billion to make it. Let's bring it down to terms we can all comprehend. Would YOU invest $137 in anything on the chance that after one year, you might earn $12 ????

Steve </span>

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Do you really believe that multi billion dollar corporations honestly report operation costs?

You are soooooooooo niave'...

WE cannot drill our way out of a shortage of a fuel which cannot support our usage, there isn't enough oil in the world.

And Bush's war is one of the reasons for the oil problems, since the American defense industry, and I do mean industry, uses the most oil of anyone in the world. Of course, you righties don't want to talk about your warring ways and how they affect energy, right?

And no, LBJ has nothing to do with this, but had Reagan listened to Carter, we might not still be in this mess. We could have been well on our way to energy dependence. BUT NOOOOOOOO, the oil companies bought and paid for the Republican partty, and hence, no progress has been made. Oil men in the White House, and secret oil deals, and Cheney and his war profiteering cronies making a bundle off the war, which is also driving up oil costs for the while world.

In all fairness, Clinton also didn't address our need for renewable, clean fuels. But, a quick glance of the Republican voting trends, and the Republican philosophies will prove that following their preferred methods, will only keep us right on the oil track for even longer. Hence, they use the Democratic vacation, leaving town at the scheduled time, giving up a lost cause, out of indignation for Republican demands for more oil leases for an industry which has done nothing to build more refineries, inspite of unprecedented profits, tax cuts, and subsidies, when they refuse to use millions of acres both on and off shore, which they already have. What good is drilling more oil, when the oil companies don't build more refineries? What good is drilling in ecologically sensitive areas, when we won't get the oil for ten to twelve years anyway&gt;

Cheap oil has been the oil addicts medicine. Now, bush's war, china's demands, and the way of the world, has changed all that. More oil is not the answer. More solar, wind, and natural gas, is the answer.

AWE, the poor poor oil CEO's, I feel so sowwry for them. Billions upon billions, and you're taking up for the very industry that is scalping us at every turn, incredible!

Gayle in Md.
The next state to commit to the great resource of wind and solar, NATURAL gas, clean renewable, energy, second only to Delaware.

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
And the country will lose again.

pooltchr
08-06-2008, 04:28 AM
You still didn't answer the question. This is why it's so frustrating trying to have a discussion with you. All you do is post your left wing talking points. Try specific responses to specific questions...it actually creates some intelligent conversations.

Steve

LWW
08-06-2008, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really believe that multi billion dollar corporations honestly report operation costs?

You are soooooooooo niave'...

WE cannot drill our way out of a shortage of a fuel which cannot support our usage, there isn't enough oil in the world. </div></div>
Are you aware that other people can read this babble and judge you on it?

LWW

LWW
08-06-2008, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sack </div></div>

steal another election.
That's why Obama is losing his lead. </div></div>
I'm hoping they run THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVThqpkSRcM) ad.

LWW

sack316
08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Also of note in relation to the topic of this thread that I happened across is this:

"It's like I was shot out of a cannon. I'm so overexposed that I make Paris Hilton look like a recluse." --- Part of an Obama speech at the Gridiron dinner. Oddly enough, apparently it was said in 2005. If only he had known what lay in front of him!

The point is, even back then he apparently agreed with part of what this ad points out. So I guess it's not a lie. I guess it's not a low blow. I guess it's just agreeing with Obama's own thought.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-08-2008, 03:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

WE cannot drill our way out of a shortage of a fuel which cannot support our usage, there isn't enough oil in the world.

</div></div>

Then why do you want the oil companies to drill on the 68 million acres they are supposedly sitting on? If we can't drill our way out of it, what's the point?

Bobbyrx
08-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Chaaaaa Ching !!

mike60
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
You nitwits are so below the idiot line it's no wonder you can't find logical points to espouse. In other words you dumb crackers have no shot at being even close to right which is ironic since y'all think you is rightwingbats. It's funny really. There are about 4 or 5 twits speaking as though they were a political party or at least
somehow connected to some overreaching philosophy that contains the holy grail of intelligence and honor. Not.

ERWS meeting canceled tonight, idiots can't find the bridge it's under.

miguel

Wally_in_Cincy
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You nitwits are so below the idiot line it's no wonder you can't find logical points to espouse. </div></div>

Mike exhibits his nonpariel debating skills.

mike60
08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
ERWS meeting moved to holiday inn express pool.

film at eleven.

miguel

sack316
08-08-2008, 11:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You nitwits are so below the idiot line it's no wonder you can't find logical points to espouse. In other words you dumb crackers have no shot at being even close to right which is ironic since y'all think you is rightwingbats. It's funny really. There are about 4 or 5 twits speaking as though they were a political party or at least
somehow connected to some overreaching philosophy that contains the holy grail of intelligence and honor. Not.

ERWS meeting canceled tonight, idiots can't find the bridge it's under.

miguel </div></div>

Does that include mine? Cuz your response is a reply to bobby, which was a reply to my post about an Obama statement he made himself, which directly backs up what is claimed as the "questionable" part of the ad, which was the topic of this thread in the first place.

What then, would not be logical about that?

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Gee, have you got a plan for oil independence that can be set into motion tomorrow?

We are obviously in a position that requires we deal with the problem by phasing in more natural gas, solar and wind. As soon as the Republicans started pushing for more offshore drilling off the east coast, McCain and the Republican party received millions more in contributions from big oil. If you think the Republican Party, or a Republican President will best lead us out of oil dependence, check out their policies from Reagan, through both Bush's, to McCain.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, have you got a plan for oil independence that can be set into motion tomorrow?

</div></div>

I think we should do "all of the above", by which I mean:

More oil drilling
more refineries
wind power
more nuclear power plants
more natural gas production
electric car research

that's my plan

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 09:49 AM
We can do all of that without endangering critical areas. Let them drill where they already have leases. Our east coast brings in billions in revenue annually from spending in our resort areas, first of all, and secondly, the oil companies are selling the oil they drill here all over the world. They don't just suppy us, they out for the bottom line, just like all the other corporate fascists in this country.

We shouldn't award corporations for out-sourcing our jobs, or selling off our oil, at our own expense.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2008, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Let them drill where they already have leases. </div></div>

I thought you said we can't drill our way out of this.

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 10:46 AM
We can't drill our way out of this, but we obviously have to use some oil until we can transition over to cleaner, safer alternatives. We can do that without endangering our coastline, and sucking up to every whim of the oil companies, who have no credibility when it comes to removing our dependency on oil, or responsibliy addressing its impact on our environment.

http://www.Pickensplan.com