PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual CCB Tournament

Rich R.
08-03-2008, 09:12 PM
We are starting to get organized for the 7th Annual CCB Tournament.

For new CCB members, or those who may not be familiar with this tournament, I will explain.

For the past 6 years, members of this forum have been holding a tournament during the U.S. Open, at Q-Masters pool room, in Virginia Beach. This is a fun tournament and it is geared for all players, of all skill levels, to have some fun and meet other members of the forum.

There is no entry fee for this tournament. You just have to be a forum member. In fact, this year, because of dwindling numbers, some of the others that help with this tournament, as well as myself, have decided to open it up to members of some of the other pool forums. I will be posting an announcement on the other forums.

There is also no fee for table time for this tournament, as Barry Behrman, owner of Q-Masters and promoter of the U.S. Open has graciously donated the table time each year.

The only thing at stake in this tournament is bragging rights, as well as beautiful first and second place trophies, made by Brian in Va. There are usually some prizes available, via a free raffle. Iím sure JMD in Va, head of the prize committee, will be letting us know more about that.

If you are planning on going to the U.S. Open and you would like to spend some time meeting forum members and having fun, you should seriously think about joining us.
If you are not planning on going to the U.S. Open, you should really think about it. You will see the best players in the world in one of the best tournaments in the world.

CCB Tournament Information:

Where: Q-Masters Billiards, in Virginia Beach, Va.
When: Friday, October 24, 2008.
Time: Practice starts at 10am. After a short players meeting, play will begin about 11am.
Format: We will be playing a multi-table 10 ball ring game and we will be mixing players periodically. Each win is worth one point and, at the end, the player with the most points will win. In the event of a tie, a one game playoff will be played.

If you would like to enter this tournament, please send me a PM.

Here is a picture of Eric, last yearís winner, along with Brian in Va, maker of the trophies, JMD in Va, head of the prize committee.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/RichR02/2007%20CCB%20Events/CRW_2000.jpg

JoeW
08-04-2008, 08:16 AM
I am going to get in this tournament if possible, PM sent. Looks like fun.

Can anyone tell me about going to the US Open? I have not been to it.

dg-in-centralpa
08-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Joe,
The US Open is a lot of fun. My wife and I have been there the past 3 years. Tournament play usually starts about 11am and runs after midnight. The best thing to do is get reserved seats at the TV table. This is taped for Accu-stats and has sometimes better matches than the finals. Barry gives out champagne for a toast to the winner of the tournament. Along with the tournament, vendors will be set up selling cases, cues, videos, etc. As for the CCB tournament, this is completely for fun, and alot of sharking going on. Nobody takes this seriously, as my wife who doesn't play between this tournament, plays and has fun. Also we try to out for dinner as a group as well.

DG - Rich, sign Mrs DG and myself up for the tournament

JoeW
08-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Found a link for anyone else who is interested.

US Open (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/index.php)

Looks like Kay and I will be there for the last few nights. Now I need to make reservations at the Mariott.

Eric.
08-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Most of the CCB crowd is there for the final 3 days. I hope you join us for dinner, Thurs, as well as the CCB tourney Fri morning.

See ya then!

Eric

Eric.
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Rich,

Sign me and Susie up!

Man, I really aint GQ material, lol.

Don't forget, we also have teh CCB dinner on Thursday night. I will take names and make the reservations/arrangements (look for a separate thread in the couple weeks). Feel free to PM me now to be added for dinner.

Looking forward to seeing friends old and new!

Eric

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Rich,

Damn, Now you have "outed" Eric and he won't be able to hustle during his trip to the tournament.

Good Luck and have a blast guys. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jager85
08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Just curious, but we have to pay the 10.00 admission I assume, right? My wife and I were debating taking a vacation this year, maybe I can talk her into this...just what to do with the kids?

Curtis

Eric.
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Curtis,

The admission is $10 per person/per session (Day and night sessions).

I would say that you can day trip to Virginia Beach's boardwalk, which is about 15 minutes away. The ocean is always an attraction for those that dont live near a coast.

Barry always puts on a first class event. If youre going to see some world class Pool, you wont find a bad seat in the house.

Eric

Icon of Sin
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Still not 100 percent if I am going to the USOpen or not, if I am I'd like to play in this too.

Brian in VA
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I would like to point out that Rich's photography is second to none although for that picture he had the "extra 10 pounds" filter on the lens. At least on the left side of the picture!

If you're considering a trip to the Open, you won't be disappointed. And if you're coming to the Open, you owe it to yourself to join us on Friday morning for the CCB tournament. (I was going to say hangovers are welcome but for many of us, it's de rigeur!) We have a terrific time, laughing the entire tournament, and just enjoying the company of people who love this great game of ours!

We'd love to have you join us!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
08-04-2008, 08:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Icon of Sin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still not 100 percent if I am going to the USOpen or not, if I am I'd like to play in this too. </div></div>

Heath, I'll put you on the list. If you aren't able to go, let me know and I will just take you off the list. It is no problem.

If your father is going with you and he would like to join us, he is more than welcome. Just let me know.

Rich R.
08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for all of the responses.

We have a good start for the tournament.

2008 CCB Players List

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin
10. Timberly

sack316
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Toss me in the "maybe" pile. I always intend to go every year, then something happens and I wind up not making it. I've got a lot going on the next few months, but it's still quite possible I may be up Maryland way at that time... in which case I should be able to make it no problem. Other option is I may be in Vegas at that time, in which case I'm a no go. Then the third option of still being here in central Alabama, which throws me in the maybe category. As the time draws closer and plans become more solid I'll let ya know ASAP. If nothing else I'd love to get by and meet some of you I haven't met, and go see the Open.

Sack

Tony_in_MD
08-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Rich, I should be there too. Put me in.

dg-in-centralpa
08-05-2008, 06:04 AM
Tony,
What about your wife? Is she going to play or just show up the ring girls? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DG

cueball1950
08-05-2008, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all of the responses.

We have a good start for the tournament.

2008 CCB Players List

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin
10. Timberly
</div></div>

Rich.....also please add my name to the possibly list. With God's wishes everything here should be over and i will definately need a break. I also have a couple of items for the prize list. So if his honor will give me a pm or call at me @ 518-283-8010 i can fill him in. I am ashamed to admit that i am finally shipping Philinsoflo his cue today. with so much going on i just have not had the time and kept forgetting. i can only hope that he can forgive me for the long delay.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif ...........mike

Rich R.
08-05-2008, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Updated 2008 CCB Players List

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin
10. Timberly
11. sack316
12. Tony_in_MD
13. cueball1950
14. ARJ
15. Phil_in_SoFla
16. Susan

</div></div>

Rich R.
08-05-2008, 06:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Toss me in the "maybe" pile. </div></div>
Sack, I put you on the list. Hopefully, you can make it this year. If you can't, please let me know.

Rich R.
08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tony,
What about your wife? Is she going to play or just show up the ring girls? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DG </div></div>

"Inquiring minds need to know!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Rich R.
08-05-2008, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cueball1950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich.....also please add my name to the possibly list. </div></div>

Mike, I added you to the list and I hope everything else goes as well as it could.

As far as the cue for Phil, he is aware of the situation and I'm sure he doesn't mind. Although I am not in direct contact with Phil, I have passed your message along via a mutual friend.

BCA Master Instr
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Looks like you can add Scott Lee & Randyg to the tournament list.....SPF=randyg

Tony_in_MD
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
She is eye candy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If she is needed to round out the numbers she could play.

Rich R.
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCA Master Instr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you can add Scott Lee & Randyg to the tournament list.....SPF=randyg </div></div>

Randy, I am too happy to finally enter you and Scott in our tournament. The both of you have been so generous, in donating lessons for our prize fund, through the years, I am glad you can finally join us.

Here is the updated list of players.

2008 CCB Players List

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin
10. Timberly
11. sack316
12. Tony_in_MD
13. cueball1950
14. ARJ
15. Phil_in_SoFla
16. Susan
17. Randyg
18. Scott Lee

dg-in-centralpa
08-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Rich,
Are we doing 10 ball again this year?

DG

Rich R.
08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,
Are we doing 10 ball again this year?

DG </div></div>
Duane, read my original post and go down to "Format".

Duh, DG is being a little slow today. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Sorry Rich,
I missed that the first time around. Today isn't a good day, we just buried my cousin. He died from lung cancer.

Duane

Rich R.
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry Rich,
I missed that the first time around. Today isn't a good day, we just buried my cousin. He died from lung cancer.

Duane </div></div>
Duane, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Brian in VA
08-08-2008, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCA Master Instr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you can add Scott Lee & Randyg to the tournament list.....SPF=randyg </div></div>
Everyone wants the coveted CCB Trophy!

Brian in VA

dg-in-centralpa
08-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Absolutely! I'd hang it proudly in my gameroom.

DG

Harold Acosta
08-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Rich, do you have the names of all winners and runner-ups to the CCB tournament?

Rich R.
08-10-2008, 06:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Acosta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich, do you have the names of all winners and runner-ups to the CCB tournament? </div></div>

CCB Winner History

Year-------Winner---------------Runner Up

2002-------KILLERBREAK----------Thierry Layani
2003-------Anonamus-------------Kato
2004-------JMD in Va------------pooltchr
2005-------thecardman-----------Mike M
2006-------pooldaddy9-----------JMD in Va
2007-------Eric-----------------Tony_in_Md

Eric.
08-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Amen. That's some good work you do there, Bri.

Eric

Rich R.
08-12-2008, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amen. That's some good work you do there, Bri.
</div></div>

Ditto!
Everyone wants one of Brian's trophys. I know one would look great in my game room.

Eric.
08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
As if...

Rich R.
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
I thought it was time to bump this up, in case someone missed it. We are still looking for some players for the 7th Annual CCB Tournament. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Here are a few pictures from last year.

Tony_in_Md.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/RichR02/2007%20CCB%20Events/CRW_1990.jpg

JMD in Va
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/RichR02/2007%20CCB%20Events/CRW_1991.jpg

DG in centralpa
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/RichR02/2007%20CCB%20Events/CRW_1987.jpg

Come and join the fun. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Rich,
I don't remember you taking this picture. I know I wasn't drunk, because I hadn't had a drink yet. I was probably tired from the late night prior.

DG /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Rich R.
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,
I don't remember you taking this picture. I know I wasn't drunk, because I hadn't had a drink yet. I was probably tired from the late night prior.

DG /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>
I think I just found you there in the morning, when I arrived. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Eric.
08-27-2008, 03:29 PM
The window is still open for sign ups, folks!

Eric

Ktown
08-27-2008, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The window is still open for sign ups, folks!

Eric </div></div>
I will be at the Open but I am not gonna guarantee I will be up and around early Fri. What time do you guys usually kick this off?

I'll try to make it here if I can so put me on the "tentative" list.

Daniel

Rich R.
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ktown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The window is still open for sign ups, folks!

Eric </div></div>
I will be at the Open but I am not gonna guarantee I will be up and around early Fri. What time do you guys usually kick this off?

I'll try to make it here if I can so put me on the "tentative" list.

Daniel </div></div>
Daniel, we start practice at Q-Masters at 10am and we start the tournament at 11am.
If you are at Q-Masters late enough on Thursday, you may just want to stay and waite for us to show. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I've added you to the list. Welcome. You won't be sorry.

2008 CCB Players List

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin
10. Timberly
11. sack316
12. Tony_in_MD
13. cueball1950
14. ARJ
15. Phil_in_SoFla
16. Susan
17. Randyg
18. Scott Lee
19. Ktown

Brian in VA
08-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Holy Smoke! I just looked at the list and Timberly is coming? Wow! Haven't seen her in ages! That'll be great. For those of you that are coming to the Open but haven't yet signed up, I can guarantee you'll have a great time or I'll refund your entry fee. (It's free so don't worry about it!)

Seriously folks, this is a great time!

Brian in VA

Tony_in_MD
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Hopefully my plans don't change this year. I had my heatpump go yesterday so I am going to have to spend significant money in getting a new one. (this one lasted for 18 years)

If my plans do change I will need to sell my two tickets Jacoby 18 and 19 from 10/22 till 10/25. Shoot me a PM on AZ (same name) if interested and I will let you know what happens.

Will be eating a lot of ramen noodles and granola bars for the next few months. Maybe I will lose some weight. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Will be eating a lot of ramen noodles and granola bars for the next few months. Maybe I will lose some weight. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Smoking and heavy cocaine use can help ya there too. But then again, that would mean money wouldn't be so tight either. See if you can bum.

Sack

Eric.
08-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey!

Welcome to CCB, bro.

Don't worry about punching in, i ya stay up late and can't get up bright and early at teh crack of noon (11.00), so be it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

BTW, we all get together for a decent meal Thurs nite around 5.00. We usually meet in the lobby. I'll be making a post on this in early September.

Eric &gt;hostess

Rich R.
08-30-2008, 07:11 AM
We're adding another name to the player list. As a few others, he is tentative, but we hope he can make it.

2008 CCB Players List

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin
10. Timberly
11. sack316
12. Tony_in_MD
13. cueball1950
14. ARJ
15. Phil_in_SoFla
16. Susan
17. Randyg
18. Scott Lee
19. Ktown
20. Jay Helfert
[/quote]

Rich R.
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I just received my September issue of Billiards Digest Magazine.
On page 23, our CCB Tournament got a plug from the magazine. The item is titled "CCB Forum Posters Cue Up".

I'd like to thank Eric, a member of our tournament team, for arranging this plug and Mason King, Managing Editor of BD, for giving us some valuable space in the magazine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

We're still looking for players if anyone is interested. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
09-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Thanks to Eric and Mason! We even get mentioned by Barry at the Open as well. Who knows, we may become more popular than the Open itself. We're the place to be and be seen. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

DG - looking forward to seeing everybody

Rich R.
09-04-2008, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who knows, we may become more popular than the Open itself. </div></div>

IT COULD HAPPEN!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I like that the CCB Tournament was mentioned in this month's issue of Billiards Digest. I really do miss you guys.

Brian in VA
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Rich,

Can you put Amy on the tournament list, too?

Thanks!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
09-14-2008, 09:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian in VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,

Can you put Amy on the tournament list, too?

Thanks!

Brian in VA </div></div>

Amy has been added.

1. Rich R.
2. Brian in Va
3. JMD in Va
4. Eric
5. Susie
6. JoeW
7. dg-in-centralpa
8. Mrs. DG
9. Icon of Sin