PDA

View Full Version : One piece cue?

Cotton
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
You read where a lot of cue makers say, "Has the feel of a one piece cue." I wonder why there isn't anybody making a high quality one piece? I guess there just isn't a market for them. I tried looking for somebody online that makes one, but the only ones I found made snooker cues only.
Does anybody know of a cuemaker that still makes a really nice one piece?

Deeman3
08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
They are, by their simple nature superior to two piece cues but very difficult to carry around with you. With the mass they have, it is difficult, for instance, to leave them in an automobile without them warping as the tip has to rest somewhere with it being difficult to leave with no weight on the ends.

Besides, the ones who shark by taking their cue apart in Texas bars would be frustrated beyond words. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Rail Rat
08-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Quality two piece cues use different wood for the front shaft that is layered for strength and endurance, plus they can be balanced to suit, which is hard to do with one piece of wood.

The closest thing to it is the Dufferin Sneaky Pete which is one peice of wood cut into a two piece. It has a nice feel but is still a low end cue.

Also you don't want to get used to a one peice cue then not be able to take it with you anywhere. brad