PDA

View Full Version : Does Bill think Obama is ready?

sack316
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Or is he just doing his job as a democrat in the political picture?

"Is he (Obama) ready to be President?"

Bill C.:
"You can argue that nobody is ever ready to be president. I mean, I certainly learned a lot about the job in the first year. You could argue that even if you've been vice president for 8 years that no one could ever be fully ready for the pressures of the office. And that everyone learns something; and something different, you could argue that...
He's shown a keen strategic sense in his ability to run an effective campaign. He clearly can inspire and motivate people, and energize them... which is a very important part of being president. And he's smart as a whip so there's nothing he can't learn."

Link to interview video, ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=5508611)

So is Bill really answering the question here? I can't tell if he feels Obama is ready or not. he's giving and answer, but not answering. Is he really supporting Obama, or is he doing like momma taught us... "if you don't have anything nice to say..."?

I mean, I don't think he's giving a negatice statement about Obama. But I would surely think that if he felt Obama was ready, and being someone who's supposed to help the guy get elected, that he simply woulda said "Heck yeah he's ready and is the best candidate for the position". But he didn't say that. And sometimes what you don't say holds a lot more importance than what you actually do say. Thoughts?

Sack

Deeman3
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
He has better be ready as he may be elected. However, the real danger will be the Clinton onslaught behind the scenes over the next 4 years. They don't forgive nor forget.

sack316
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
good call deeman. It may be interesting if Obama gets elected, to see another battle for the nomination again in 4 years. excellent. Should be on TNT, they know drama.

Sack

wolfdancer
08-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I thought Bill gave a guarded "almost" endorsement in the interview I watched. I don't see any behind the scenes problems, as it's "taboo" for a party to try to unseat their own incumbent.
And it's not a sure thing he will get elected.....He loses votes now every time he gives a speech....and there's that Diebold thing to overcome.....

Deeman3
08-05-2008, 12:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Bill gave a guarded "almost" endorsement in the interview I watched. I don't see any behind the scenes problems, as it's "taboo" for a party to try to unseat their own incumbent.
And it's not a sure thing he will get elected.....He loses votes now every time he gives a speech....and there's that Diebold thing to overcome.....
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Diebold...Just the name makes a conservative's heart go all flitter, flutter, like a gal watching a chic flick! Listen, Obamites are the young and technically savy ones today. If they can't find a way to hack the bejesus out of a simple voting machine, he should not win anyway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
I think Bill is mad because the Obama campaign tried to paint him as a recist, simply because he referred to Jessie Jackson's win in South Carolina. And the Obama campaign tried to attach racism to his statement that Obama's claim that he was against the war, was a fantasy, because he has voted for all the "emergency" spending for the war.

The reality is that Bush lied us into this war under false pretenses, which he made to the Congress of the United States of America. Once our troops are in a war on the other side of the world, what else can a Senator do but vote for funding for them?

Regardless, it is clear that had Obama been president, we would never have invaded Iraq, and the inspectors would have had that additional three months which they were asking for, after having searched over a thousand sights, and finding no WMD's, to continue to prove that there wwere no wmd's, and over four thousand Americans, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, would still be alive. So which is worst for America, Republican cowboy diplomacy, going off half cocked, barking and threatening, lying and denying, and launching un-necessary wars, under failed foreign policies, or a man who said from the start that the intelligence did not convince him that it was correct to invade Iraq?

The world is full of dictatorships. Are we going to invade all of them? Atleast Obama wasn't for this failed policy in Iraq, and he isn't for jumping in bed with them, like Bush, who can't wait to snuggle up to the filthy Communist Chinese, who are cheating us on the global market, holding our massive debts, thank you George Bush, and practicing inhumane activities. Bush is doing business with a communist regime, which is not a friend of America, in a way that threatens our very sovereignty, and national defense, and McSame is all for everything that Bush has done, and more.

Anyone who can buy into the idea that Republicans are good at foreign policy, isn't playing with a full deck! Republicans are a threat to the whole world, just like al Qaeda. They have destablized the entire middle east, tortured people, bilked the American public out of their children's futures, jumped in bed with the worst of the worst, for decades. They have created trillions of dollars in debt, ruined thousands of lives, and destroyed the reputation of the United States of America. It doesn't matter a bit to me who is president, as long as it isn't a Republican like John McCain, who was for every mess that we are facing at present from the start, and still is, including remaining hostage to the filthy American oil fascists, instead of calling them down on their BS, and removing their tax credits, and subsidies, while they're reporting record profits, and doing zilch to move this country away from our worst threat, foreign oil dependency, through more development of clean, renewable fuels, highwer cafe' standards, which Bush removed, BTW, and like natural gas, wind and solar.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-06-2008, 07:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Bill is mad because the Obama campaign tried to paint him as a recist,</div></div>This should be a non-issue now, didn't Bill come out and tell everyone he is not a racist? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Chopstick
08-06-2008, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has better be ready as he may be elected. However, the real danger will be the Clinton onslaught behind the scenes over the next 4 years. They don't forgive nor forget. </div></div>

What about right now? You guys are missin' the ball. Where do you think all of this negative stuff is coming from, McCain? NOT!

Remember, Hillary didn't quit. She just suspended. The current delegate counts are only pledges and are only good through the first ballot of the convention. If Obama screws up enough she can still be nominated. Do not underestimate the greed for power of the Clinton machine. They are playing this one all the way till the end.

Gayle in MD
08-06-2008, 10:38 AM
LMAO! Apparently, you haven't seen McCain speaking to the crowds? You haven't seen his ridiculous accusations in his campaign commercials?

Here is just one example of how he lies.

A person at a recent Obama appearance asked what he, himself, could do about the oil crises, and Obama rightfully said, we should all immediately check our tires to make sure that we are getting optimal gas mileage, which is perfectly reasonable.

McCain is now saying that Obama's energy plan is to put air in our tires.

Total deceit, a complete lie.

McCain has been in Washington D.C. for thirty years. What the hell has he ever said or done about our dependency on foreign oil? He has voted against every single bill to reduce our oil consumption, and increase the use of renewable fuels, higher cafe' standards, sole, wind, and even flip flipped on Bush's tax cuts for the rich.

McCain will be Bush on Crack!

We need to drill where we already have complete studies, and leases, and go completely to natural gas, wind and solar, and we need to get the hell out of Iraq, and end thisss ridiculous waste of 12 billion dollars a month for no reasonable gain to our country, while the Iraqis are enjoying a 70billion dollar surplus from oil, our own infrastructure is crumbling, and our army is broken, and McCain is BSing about winning the war. What WAR? How do you win an illegal invasion and occupation of a foreign country?

Just more Republican lies. It is really absurd of anyone to bring the Clinton's into a discussion about who is slandering Obama, when every major television program has a new vicious attack by the McCain Campaign nearly every night, even McCain's Mother, said they were ridiculous!

McCain is full of it.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-06-2008, 11:36 AM
McCain is full of it.
Full of....hot air? I think he has the dreaded lww syndrome....an inflated ego

Deeman3
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO! Apparently, you haven't seen McCain speaking to the crowds? You haven't seen his ridiculous accusations in his campaign commercials? <span style="color: #FF0000"> None brought up the race thing, which the Clintons did.</span>

Here is just one example of how he lies.

A person at a recent Obama appearance asked what he, himself, could do about the oil crises, and Obama rightfully said, we should all immediately check our tires to make sure that we are getting optimal gas mileage, which is perfectly reasonable.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Again, large distortion of what he said. He said that airing up tires and getting tune ups would more than offset all the oil in the offshore drilling strategy. I know what you think he said is reasonable but, once more, it's not a proper quote of his actual words. </span>

McCain is now saying that Obama's energy plan is to put air in our tires.

Total deceit, a complete lie.

McCain has been in Washington D.C. for thirty years. What the hell has he ever said or done about our dependency on foreign oil? He has voted against every single bill to reduce our oil consumption, and increase the use of renewable fuels, higher cafe' standards, sole, wind, and even flip flipped on Bush's tax cuts for the rich.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> He voted against the biil that Obama is critiquing him over but Obama voted for it. </span>

McCain will be Bush on Crack! <span style="color: #FF0000">Just more left name calling, no substance. </span>

We need to drill where we already have complete studies, and leases, <span style="color: #FF0000">That could help if the larger depostis of oil were actually there. the prime location are now reserved for Cuba, Brazil, etc.
</span>
Just more Republican lies. It is really absurd of anyone to bring the Clinton's into a discussion about who is slandering Obama, when every major television program has a new vicious attack by the McCain Campaign nearly every night, even McCain's Mother, said they were ridiculous!

<span style="color: #FF0000">I see all his ads, some are childish, I agree. Of course we see the same type of ads from Obama but the left will not ever recognise them and the right is, of course, clining to our guns. </span>

McCain is full of it. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Obama is getting there, at least 90% full of it but heading that way quick.

Loks like Obama is rapidly leaving his lefty loons behind him! Do any of you feel abandoned right now? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

Gayle in MD
08-09-2008, 08:37 AM
And Bush and Cheney, do?

LMAO~! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I'd sooner see a man like Clinton use some reservations in his support for the candidate who bashed him and his wife, than watch him kissing and hugging Obama, like McCain did Bush, after Bush slandered his whole family.

Given the two we have to choose from, I still think Hillary was the best on all fronts.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-09-2008, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">None brought up the race thing, which the Clintons did.
</div></div>
No, they didn't. Clinton referred to Jessie Jackson winning South Carolina buy a big margin. That has nothing to do with race. What he said was stated by numerous media pundits, over and over, when they singled out the black votes, and the white votes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, large distortion of what he said. He said that airing up tires and getting tune ups would more than offset all the oil in the offshore drilling strategy. I know what you think he said is reasonable but, once more, it's not a proper quote of his actual words.
</div></div>

That isn't the quote I heard. Where did you get your information?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He voted against the biil that Obama is critiquing him over but Obama voted for it. </div></div>

Hey, I don't know what you're referring to, but McCain is the candidate that is for more of the same, dependency on oil for energy, and hence, he's the man with all the contributions from big oil. The question is what do you want, more dependency on oil for energy, or moving away from it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just more left name calling, no substance.

</div></div>

Dismiss it if you like, but it is my opinion, and it is an educated opinion having had many discussions with people who have delt with McCain, personally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That could help if the larger depostis of oil were actually there. the prime location are now reserved for Cuba, Brazil, etc.

</div></div>

The oil companies don't even know what's off shore. They've never researched off the east coast. You sound like you think the right direction for our country to take is to keep fighting other countries over what is left of the oil. That's the reason why we're in all the debt we're in from the debocle in Iraq. Look around the world. We're the dummies who have stubbornly resisted embracing the facts on oil, and making the reasonable changes we need to make. Cheap oil should be the goal. Cheap oil is why we're in the mess we're in right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To say that McCain's ads are on the same level with Obama's ads, can only be a grossly partisan statement, or speaking without personal observation, or both. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Loks like Obama is rapidly leaving his lefty loons behind him! Do any of you feel abandoned right now?
</div></div>

That's a strange question coming from a man who voted twice for Bush! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif