PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Pool Alert & Nipple Alignment

Sid_Vicious
08-10-2002, 10:04 AM
Pool is scheduled on Espn today at 1PM CST, and I have discovered a personal physical trigger to alignment on your long jumps, that nipple on the stroking side of your cue. I stand 5' 11" and found today that when making long stick jumps that the final "switch" (at setpoint) of finding that nipple, and keeping on it with the side of the cue throughout the jump stroke REALLY add to accuracy! Maybe it's simply another switch, maybe it is a conscious restriction to keep the body perfectly still, maybe is keeps the cue in a straight line I dunno.

Aside from the devious minds out there wading through the gutter, I'll wager that there is value in personalizing physical connections between cue and shooter for specialty shots...sid~~~don't feel bad neither
;-)

08-10-2002, 06:47 PM
I'd say that's not an unreasonable assumption. Archers and slingshot shooters have always used a "nock point" on their faces so that they draw back to the exact same point every time. When I shoot a slingshot, I draw back and touch the knuckle of my right thumb to my cheekbone just below my right eye. From that position, I have trained myself to know where the shot is going just by the picture I see out front.

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Spideman...I remember that about your execution now that you bring it up. Maybe I'll consider this in part of some part at least. My most satisfying jumps come from a well managed hesitation at backstroke and flowingmove into ther CB, so the indexing at the face could certainly extend the methodical aspects of this specialty shot. Thanks, let's get together at the house sometimes(or Paul's) and camcorder ourselves. A little slo-mo might be very interesting...sid

08-11-2002, 12:46 PM
I'm sure you are right. I used to compete in Archery events and I had a button attached to the bow string at a point where it would touch my lips when I was in proper alignment. This served as a anchor point so I was more consistent in my aim.