PDA

View Full Version : Edwards Admits to Affair and payoffs

Deeman3
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
WASHINGTON - Former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday admitted to an extramarital affair while his wife was battling cancer. He denied fathering the woman's daughter.

Edwards told ABC News that he lied repeatedly about the affair with a 42-year-old woman but said that he didn't love her. He said he has not taken a paternity test but knows he isn't the father because of the timing of the affair and the birth.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I guess he won't be on the Democratic ticket now. He could still go for AG or something.

I am just surprised if finally made the news. If it were Mitt we'd have heard about it weeks ago on CBS, NBC et al.</span>

Chopstick
08-08-2008, 02:46 PM
So, I guess he ain't a fag after all. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I think john would make a fine Republican should he choose to switch parties. But where's the link to the payoffs? I didn't see that part reported on the Fox news story (yeah, i do watch Fox news)

pooltchr
08-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Cheating on your wife will not harm the political ambitions of a Democrat. Bill Clinton has been invited to address the convention, but then he never really had "sex" with that woman.

Not to say I told you so, but having lived in NC for a while, I believe I made the point back when he was running that he was a dishonest, ambulance chasing lawyer who couldn't be trusted. Those of us who had him as our Senator already had a pretty good idea what kind of guy he was.

In 1999, when Edwards was a senator, he said of President Clinton and his affair with Monica Lewinsky:

"I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."

<span style="color: #FF0000">Do you think he really meant this, or was it just political posturing??? </span>

In 2006, Edwards' political action committee paid $100,000 in a four-month span to a newly formed firm run by Hunter, who directed the production of four Web videos showing Edwards in supposedly candid moments as well as in a public speech talking about morality.

The payments from Edwards' One America Committee to Midline Groove Productions LLC started on July 5, 2006, five days after Hunter incorporated the firm in Delaware.

<span style="color: #FF0000">But he never paid her any money, according to his statement. </span>

Cutting between clips of the speech and the conversation with the woman, Edwards touches on his standard political themes, declaring that government must do a better job of addressing the great issues of the day, from poverty and education to jobs and the war in Iraq.

"I want to see our party lead on the great moral issues — yes, me a Democrat using that word — the great moral issues that face our country," Edwards tells the crowd. "If we want to live in a moral, honest just America and if we want to live in a moral and just world, we can't wait for somebody else to do it. We have to do it."
<span style="color: #FF0000">Obviously, his idea of morals and mine are two different things </span>

What is really amazing is how the MSM kept this story so quiet for so long. I guess all those right wing media types were trying to be fair and balanced in their reporting???? I heard about it a few weeks ago, and kept looking on the network news for anything, but until today, there has been no mention of it. Good thing it came out before Obama named his VP!!!

I can't wait to see how some members here will come to his rescue. After all, it's no worse than anything BC did, right???

This guy is a PIG!!!!

Steve

___

jayalley
08-08-2008, 07:12 PM
At first, I was sure that the mother of his "love child" was Gayle in Md.

But, now I think that it is mike60.

Qtec
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
What story? He had an affair, so what. How does this make him a bad politician?

For the record,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excerpted from
SEXUAL DETOURS

In her book, Dr. Holly Hein explores infidelity and teaches how to cope with its aftermath. By understanding the motivations behind the affair, betrayed spouses can learn to heal and rebuild their relationships.

* Nearly 70% of all married men and 60% of married women have had affairs. That’s two out of every three marriages.

* Every ten to thirteen seconds someone gets divorced.

* More than 90% of divorces in long-standing marriages involve infidelities some time during the marriage.
</div></div>

Edwards had an affair. Did it affect any of the citizens of the USA adversely?
The present US Govt politicized the DoJ and put a Dem in jail on false charges.
What is worse?

Lets try and get things into proportion.
Iraq was NOT an imminent threat. There was NO necessity to invade Iraq. Now, 4,000 American soldiers have died with 15,000+ wounded, all sacrificed in order to carry out some whacko plan by the neo-cons in the Admin!

What is worse?

I think most Americans would rather GW have an affair than spy on them.

Like chopstick mentioned, the RW were insinuating that Edwards was gay. Now that he has proved his masculinity, they do a major flip-flop and they criticize him for being, according to the statistics, a normal American man!
At least he is straight and not foot tapping in toilets. Larry (http://www.nypost.com/seven/08292007/news/nationalnews/ok__so_what_about_new_toilet_g.htm)

This one is a classic.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCain FL Co-Chair who arrested after offering oral sex for $20, blames fear of big Black guys

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Sat Apr-19-08 01:59 AM by usregimechange
Titusville, Florida - An audiotape reveals new details about the arrest of a state lawmaker in the men's room of a public park. Investigators say State Representative Bob Allen offered an undercover officer 20 dollars, if he could perform oral sex on him. The Merritt Island Republican says its all a big misunderstanding.

In an audiotaped interview with Titusville Police, Allen says he was intimidated after a man offered a sex act for money. He says he went along with the conversation, because he was afraid of becoming another crime statistic.

On the audiotape, Allen said, "Listen. A public park. I got my name on the damn building. I'm not gonna do that. You know, maybe I said it in the wrong order, but this was a pretty stocky black guy, and there were a lot of other black guys around in the park, and, you know..."

Titusville Assistant Chief John Lau said, "If you were nervous, then how come you went back into the stall? Not in the stall, the bathroom?"

Allen responded, "I went back the second time around because &gt;&gt;unintelligible&lt;&lt; I says, 'I gotta use the bathroom.' But, I said, 'The building is safer than standing out here,' so I went back in, and sat down, and that's when he came back the second time, and that made me very nervous."
</div></div>

The list is endless and I mean just the last 8 years.

Most normal people see the hypocracy in this.

Q

sack316
08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
oh wow, it's not like Edwards is a bad looking guy. i think he coulda done better

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2007-10-10-rhunter.jpg

at least he wasn't in love with her though.

Sack

pooltchr
08-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Q,
When a pol condemns another one for his amoral behavior, it is to make everyone believe that is how he believes.

When he says we need to lead the way in being a moral and just society, it is to make everyone believe that is how he believes.

When he goes out and does the same thing he bashed Clinton for doing, then denies it when it comes out in the press, then sugar coats it in his statement after he knows he's been caught, it is to make everyone believe he is truely sorry.

I believe he is truely sorry....sorry he got caught!

He is a phony who will say whatever is politically expedient at the time. That makes him a GREAT politician...but a lousey choice to lead the country.
I'm sorry, but I'm kinda funny that way...I prefer to follow someone who has some honesty and integrity. I never bought into the leftist idea that a lie is only a lie if it's big enough. If someone will lie about one thing, they will lie about anything. It's one of the reasons I am so unhappy with the crop of candidates we have right now. McCain, Hillary, Obama, Edwards...they are all known to have lied to us...I don't trust any of them to do what they say they will do.

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-09-2008, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is a phony who will say whatever is politically expedient at the time. That makes him a GREAT politician...but a lousey choice to lead the country.
I'm sorry, but I'm kinda funny that way...I prefer to follow someone who has some honesty and integrity. I never bought into the leftist idea that a lie is only a lie if it's big enough. <span style="color: #000066">Steve, I don't think that is what we lefties say, but we do consider lies that damage and kill people, worse than lies about infidelity. </span> If someone will lie about one thing, they will lie about anything. <span style="color: #000066">I don't think that's true either, I think some people will lie to avoid hurting someone else's feelings, only. I'm not saying that is the case with Edwards. What he did was not only wrong, bu unforgivable given what a fine woman he is married to, and what she's been going through. I feel just awful for her. She's a fine person, IMO. </span> It's one of the reasons I am so unhappy with the crop of candidates we have right now. <span style="color: #000066">I think we can all agree on that. </span> McCain, Hillary, Obama, Edwards...they are all known to have lied to us...I don't trust any of them to do what they say they will do.

<span style="color: #000066">In my experience no one ever does exactly what they say they will do. I think the problem is that all epople are imperfect, and if we're going to make fidelity, and a lifetime of never telling a single lie a pre-requisit for the presidency, we will have NO viable candidates. A quick review of history will surely prove that. What are we to do?

Policy, voting records, and expert opinion should be the order of the day. I think this media infringement into private affairs hurts our country more than it helps.

Gayle in Md. </span>

Steve </div></div>

Gayle in MD
08-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Just for the record, he said in the interview that he had nothing to do with any payoffs.

Gayle in Md,

hondo
08-09-2008, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh wow, it's not like Edwards is a bad looking guy. i think he coulda done better

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2007-10-10-rhunter.jpg

at least he wasn't in love with her though.

Sack </div></div>

She's much more attractive when you see her interviewed.
Doesn't photo well.

hondo
08-09-2008, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayalley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At first, I was sure that the mother of his "love child" was Gayle in Md.

But, now I think that it is mike60. </div></div>

Another mindless, tasteless post from Jayalley.
You must be very proud.

sack316
08-09-2008, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

She's much more attractive when you see her interviewed.
Doesn't photo well. </div></div>

Yeah, just saw a snippet on TV a little while ago and she looked much better. I retract my original statement

Sack

pooltchr
08-09-2008, 01:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for the record, he said in the interview that he had nothing to do with any payoffs.

Gayle in Md, </div></div>

He is a lawyer. Maybe he didn't personally...but did his campaign committee? Did someone else handle it for him?
Steve

wolfdancer
08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Not exactly the face that launched a thousand ships....but with the bar closing in 15 minutes, and you have had a couple too many....

wolfdancer
08-09-2008, 05:59 PM
"According to friends of Hunter, Edwards met her at a New York city bar in 2006. His political action committee later paid her $114,000 to produce campaign website documentaries despite her lack of experience. ..."
With them outstanding credentials,and if she has ever attended the Westminster dog show (or entered it) she would make a fine head of Homeland Security...if only she was a Republican...

pooltchr
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
What Edwards did was wrong, plain and simple. His judgement comes into question even more when you see that picture.

But the real issue in this whole thing is the only publication to get the story was the National Enquirer. And even after it broke, nobody else would talk about it.

The online editor of the LA Times sent a note out to their list of bloggers telling them that the paper didn't see any factual basis for the report, and would not cover it. He then asked the bloggers to avoid the subject! Not only did he try to cover for Edwards, he put pressure on others to do the same.

And some people wonder why everyone thinks the MSM is biased to the left!

Steve

mike60
08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Now if our wingbat friends were as upset about the WAR PROFITEERS.

Oh and no one would fuck any of the wingbats without being paid, in front.

ERWS in effect.

mike

eg8r
08-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, I was looking for a post from gayle that would be as hateful as the one she made about McCain but none was to be found. Her double standard knows no end.

eg8r

Qtec
08-10-2008, 07:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What Edwards did was wrong, plain and simple. His judgement comes into question even more when you see that picture.

But the real issue in this whole thing is the only publication to get the story was the National Enquirer. And even after it broke, nobody else would talk about it.

The online editor of the LA Times sent a note out to their list of bloggers telling them that the paper didn't see any factual basis for the report, and would not cover it. He then asked the bloggers to avoid the subject! Not only did he try to cover for Edwards, he put pressure on others to do the same.

And some people wonder why everyone thinks the MSM is biased to the left!

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, how we would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) rose to speak during a Tuesday policy lunch.

Only seven days earlier, he had delivered a heartfelt apology at the same weekly meeting. Fellow Republicans responded with thunderous applause, and most refused to tell reporters how Vitter had addressed his forced public admission that he had committed a “serious sin” and was linked to an alleged prostitution ring.
</div></div>

Double standards?

Q

wolfdancer
08-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Gayle wrote to me long before McCain was mentioned as a Republican nominee, that he was one of the most hated pols on the hill.( She
does have some sources to back up her polemic....)
Now why would you expect her to write an equally hateful post about Edwards having an affair...???
She comments on the circumstances...you can't see past the "sin" of both affairs, giving equal weight to both, just as you gave equal weight to BC and GWB lying.
It's amazing to me how a few of you can draw the conclusions that you do, sometimes just from a few unrelated stories

Qtec
08-10-2008, 08:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Her double standard knows no end.

eg8r </div></div>

LMAO

The GOP have nothing BUT double standards.

Libby (http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/03/libby.sentence/index.html#cnnSTCVideo)

GW had no problem executing a man who was obviously retarded but 30 months for Libby was "too harsh".
Double standards?

We all know that a deal was done. Libby keeps his mouth shut and if he is convicted GW would pardon him. Libby played his ace when he threatened to put Rove on the stand........the WH folded.
Libby obstructed the investigation into the Plame leak. [ At the time, many people were leaking the same story. This is why it was difficult for the SP to find out the original source. At one point all you had to do was phone the WH and they would blab on about how Plame sent her husband on a junket!]
They claimed to be the one's who would protect the country but they outed one of their own to try and discredit Wilson.

GW has increased Govt, increased spending, billions have gone missing and they have obstructed oversight.
The Nat debt has almost doubled, the housing and banking market is nearing collapse, the DoJ scandal, the spying on Americans, detention without charge, ............the list is endless........and then some have the audacity to say "can we take a chance on Obama? He was/is a Muslim you know. He did go to a Maddrassa,didn't you know."

Q

pooltchr
08-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Two different things here, Q.
The MSM's JOB is to report the news. They have the resources available to check out the facts, and report what they fine.
I don't recall where it became the job of congress to discuss personal matters of their members with the press. If the press wants to know, they need to do their job.

The times editor TOLD the bloggers not to cover the store, after it had already broke.

It's getting bad when the National Enquirer does a better job of reporting actual news than the 3rd largest newspaper in the country!

Steve

Deeman3
08-11-2008, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for the record, he said in the interview that he had nothing to do with any payoffs.

Gayle in Md, </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> He also said the affair ended in 2006 but was caught in her room for 5 hours with the lights off after midnight. He says the child is not his, she disagrees. The payoff part of this may be a felony but I hope they just let him fade away and not make this a federal case. </span>

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 07:13 AM
he lasted 5 hours with her?????
I take my hat off to him.

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Did it ever occur to you that some people in the MSM didn't see any point in exposing a story about a man who isn't running for anything, while his wife is dying, and his little kids are trying to cope with knowing that their mom is going to die.

When it comes to compassion, we can alwsys fely Republicans to come up short.

Defending a trash rag organization like the National Enquirer for adding this story to everything else that that family is facing right now is worse than what Edwards did, IMO. Any psychologist will tell you that affairs are most prevalent during times when people are under duress, personal, medical, financial, and otherwise.

What Edwards did was wrong, but had absolutely no affect on our country, or our national security. Nixon, (Cambodia)Reagan,(Iran/Contra) Bush, (Iraq, Plame, DOJ scandal, Yellow cake, WMD, cocaine, lie through ommision, AWOL, torture, spying, just to name a few) all lied to the Congress about serious national security issues that affected our whole country, and produced disasterous results, but Republicans only want to take glee in the exposure of private, personal matters that have no affect on the rest of us, and hurt innocent people like the Edwards children and his wife.

Pretty disgusting, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 07:39 AM
As I understood the reports her present significant other was there, and I have heard nothing about the lights.

I find it interesting how this is important to all of you righties, when the man isn't even running for anything, but McCain's own many infidelities are not an issue. He, too, has admitted infidelities, and he IS running for the presidency, but that doesn't apply to his character because he is a Republican?

Pahleeeze!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Gayle,

Its not important to me, just more of moral decay, on both sides, of our politicians. Not running for anything? I think he was running for a VP slot and, if not that, AG,at the very least!

Again, his moral "slip" does not bother you? You who calls up 20 year old allegations against McCain?

This guy is a pig but certainly not alone. He is still lying about the situation and owes his wife an apology, at least. Does he owe us one? No, just the people who believed in him.

Please get the point. McCain has admitted his indescretions from back in the past, not lied nor paid off his mistesses, to my knowledge.

If is comes out next week, that Obama was having an affair with hillary, maybe paying off her campaign debt in secret, wwould this be news to you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle,

Its not important to me, just more of moral decay, on both sides, of our politicians. Not running for anything? I think he was running for a VP slot and, if not that, AG,at the very least!
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Here's how I feel about the whole thing. I was never in favor of John Edwards. Just because I speak out about unfair statements about others, does not mean that they are necessarily my own cup of tea. He was an attorney, and that is an honest living, IMO. People who have bashed him for representing people who were injured in medical accidents were not fair to do so, IMPO.

Also, I fail to see how exposing Edward's sleazy behavior at this time was necessary. He isn't running for president, his family is facing a pretty horrible situation, and there is no reason to believe that he would have been selected for any official office. I think the rumors alone, would have prohibited that ever happening, and if they didn't, that could have been dealt with at a later date. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, his moral "slip" does not bother you? You who calls up 20 year old allegations against McCain?
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">McCain's infidelity is the least of the concerns I have about his state of mind, and his deceitful nature. I have stated for years, that I think a man's personal, private sex life should not be an issues unless he is breaking some kind of law. I, personally, find infidelity repugnant, and also none of my business. It is between the families involved, IMO, and should not be part of our national dialog, period. mcCain's behavior was so completely without descretion that there was no way in hell he could have avoided addressing it. It was well known by his friends, and by the Washington press corps, just as his uncontrollable temper and unbalanced reactions to those who disagree with him, have been documented over and over throughout his life.

Steve says when a person sets themself up as some kind of moral saint, and then they don't live up to it, that makes them morally corrupt. That is precisely what McCain does, and I do point that out in fairness, but McCain's behavior was just as unforgivable as Edward's, and Clinton's, IMO, I just don't happen to think in this case, given his wife's condition, and that of his children, that adding to their tragedy at this time was called for, given that he is not running for president, and McCain, is. Edwards would never have been appointed Attorney General, or anything else.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy is a pig but certainly not alone. He is still lying about the situation and owes his wife an apology, at least. Does he owe us one? No, just the people who believed in him.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I agree. I think he has handled this thing very poorly, just as I think McCain has handled himself poorly throughout his life. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please get the point. McCain has admitted his indescretions from back in the past, <span style="color: #000066">So that means they don't count when he is assessed on HIS character, but it counts if a man is a Democratic? </span> not lied nor paid off his mistesses, to my knowledge. <span style="color: #000066">The words, "to my knowledge" being the operative words. You don 't know that any more than you know for certain that Edwards payed anyone off. I've been listening to him lie for months about "The Surge, and the benchmarks, and Iraq in general. He has lied over and over about Obama's positions, his votes, and his platform. McCain's a big liar from way back.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If is comes out next week, that Obama was having an affair with hillary, maybe paying off her campaign debt in secret, wwould this be news to you?
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Yeah, you'd have a hard time convincing me that Hillary would be that stupid. By and large it seems that only men are stupid enough to risk everything for a piece of ***! We'd have a lot less of this infidelity in the news if we had more women in positions of power, IMO, save Baba Walters. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</span>
</div></div>

Deeman3
08-11-2008, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #000066">Yeah, you'd have a hard time convincing me that Hillary would be that stupid. By and large it seems that only men are stupid enough to risk everything for a piece of ***! We'd have a lot less of this infidelity in the news if we had more women in positions of power, IMO, save Baba Walters. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</span>
</div></div> [/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000">Well, I still think it takes two to Tango, so with the exception of the gay affairs, all these people had a partner in their indiscretions, most of the time a woman! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

eg8r
08-11-2008, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it ever occur to you that some people in the MSM didn't see any point in exposing a story about a man who isn't running for anything, while his wife is dying, and his little kids are trying to cope with knowing that their mom is going to die.

When it comes to compassion, we can alwsys fely Republicans to come up short.</div></div>So while Edwards' wife is dealing with cancer and ultimately dying, your explanation of his cheating is that he "did wrong", yet when McCain does the same thing you blast him as the worst person on earth. Your double standards are at an all time high.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Not a woman politican. That was my point. So far, I can't recall a single female congressional representative who has been ruined by infidelity. Maybe it's because it's so much more difficult for women to reach that level of power that they aren't as likely to throw it all away for a roll in the hay, or maybe it's because they only have brains in one location of their anatomy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't know about your conclusions but judging by the crop of females in office right now, I cannot think of one man willing to pony up and take them to bed.

eg8r

Chopstick
08-11-2008, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about your conclusions but judging by the crop of females in office right now, I cannot think of one man willing to pony up and take them to bed.

eg8r </div></div>

What about Sydney? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
08-11-2008, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a woman politican. That was my point. So far, I can't recall a single female congressional representative who has been ruined by infidelity. Maybe it's because it's so much more difficult for women to reach that level of power that they aren't as likely to throw it all away for a roll in the hay, or maybe it's because they only have brains in one location of their anatomy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You may have point, actually. Women who get to those higher offices are usually more professional, with some exceptions, in my opinion.

I do like the brains in one location thought. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

sack316
08-11-2008, 12:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I find it interesting how this is important to all of you righties, when the man isn't even running for anything</div></div>

I find it equally as interesting how unimportant you find it. Not because of any moral problems or whatever, but because it's a very real possibility that had Edwards admitted this a year ago, or had some reputable rag besides the Enquirer exposed all of this and given it some attention at that time... that Hillary quite possibly would be your candidate right now. Obviously that's playing the "what if" game... but even though he isn't technically running for anything right now, the possible impact and difference in history could be very real... right now.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
It's all water under the bridge now, isn't it?

I think what he did was disgusting, I just don't think it was worth further pain and humiliation for his wife and kids, that's all.

I liked our country better when we had a media and press corpse that had some decency and scruples. The woman is dying. Her children will soon be motherless. Some things aren't worth making an issue over. Only a sleazy bunch of scum like the National Enquirer would have exploited the story. No president would have assigned him any position without inquiring into his past, and that's the first question that would have been asked.

I find it disgusting, due to the circumstances.

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 12:50 PM
History is filled with "what,ifs"
If George had only been convicted of insider trading way back when...we might not be over in Iraq, and thousands of our horribly maimed soldiers might be enjoying a normal life instead.
I think "affairs" are a way of life amongst men in power...that is an aphrodisiac for many women.
I know i had to give up my head janitor's job at the local H.S. for just such a reason...

Chopstick
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a woman politican. That was my point. So far, I can't recall a single female congressional representative who has been ruined by infidelity. Maybe it's because it's so much more difficult for women to reach that level of power that they aren't as likely to throw it all away for a roll in the hay, or maybe it's because they only have brains in one location of their anatomy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You may have point, actually. Women who get to those higher offices are usually more professional, with some exceptions, in my opinion.

I do like the brains in one location thought. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

I don't.

http://www.ee.bgu.ac.il/~censor/jpg-directory/miscellaneous/i-wish-these-were-brains.jpg

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
them ain't ???

Chopstick
08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">them ain't ??? </div></div>

I always thought they were. They've been out-smarting me for years. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
It amazes me how you always seem to miss the boat. You definitely are not one of Gayle's brighter sheep.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Ed, that's "weak" as per usual, lately...why not take a few weeks off, gather your thoughts, and then try your one-upmanship lines out again?

sack316
08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only a sleazy bunch of scum like the National Enquirer would have exploited the story.

</div></div>

re-he-he-eally? Since when in recent history has the media market in any major country cared about who it hurts, regardless of circumstance? I find it more disturbing that a magazine such as the Enquirer was the one to break the story ten months ago.

I do agree that personal matters and family suffering should be taken into consideration... but don't shoot the messenger for doing their job that any "real" media outlet should have been capable of doing. Media hasn't had that kind of consideration for privacy of public figures in a long time, and I find it hard to believe they consciously chose this case for those reasons to do so. They got scooped by a publication that falls right in line with Mad Magazine... and it was done when the story would have mattered.

Eh well, guess I'll go read one of the bajillion Larry Craig articles. Then wonder why it took nearly a year to see reputable articles on Edwards. Then I'll go back and read these threads here that claim the media is right wing. And I'll probably smile.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Sack,
While you're lally gaggin around look around and see if you can find any articles about John McCain's long history of screwing around on HIS wife! How many of those have you seen?

The National Enquirer is a rag publication, smut provided by smut, and while you may be too young to recall what it was like back when publilcations and newspapers and reporters had some integrity and scrutiny about what they put in the headlines, I'm not, and I can tell you that this was a better country back when we had our minds on our own business, instead of digging around in the business of others.

The rightwing Republican smear machine wasted millions upon millions of tax payers dollars digging around in the Clinton's business dealings, and the only thing they could come up with was an unimpeachable offense that did not rise to the level of impeachment, a simple, sexual encounter between adults that was nobody else's business. I sure don't recall any of you thrifty, tax conscious righties complaining about all of THAT wastful spending!

Maybe al Qaeda should have been the national focus, instead!

Gayle in Md.

sack316
08-12-2008, 01:49 AM
good idea dear. I found roughly 7 million on McCain, and roughly 8 million for Edwards. So granted, there is more on Edwards floating around at the moment... but it's not as if McCain's is buried in the sand either.

And actually I think I said all along that the Enquirer is a "rag" publication... I used different words, but the idea was the same. I think i compared them to Mad Magazine actually.

And yes, I probably am too young to recall those days of integrity in reporting. But then that only means that for at least 20 years (I'm 28) reporting has lacked those qualities. So why is this a surprise, then?

I do agree we should keep out noses clean and in our own business. But the fact is that our media doesn't do that, and doesn't make exceptions. Well, except apparently in this case for 10 months for some reason. But they are making up for it now... WAY over and above the call of duty, that I will grant you as well.

Bonds, Spears, Edwards, whoever... a public figure will get ousted in public on anything and everything, until the next hot ratings booster comes along. That's just the way it is, and we made it that way.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 02:02 AM
This story has been around for months.

I haven't heard much of anything from the MSM about McCain's womanizing. He's the one who is running for something, for the presidency, right?

BTW, I never said I was surprised. I'm like my dear departed mother these days, (nothing surprises me)....when back in the seventies, or late sixties, disgusted with the hippies, she said to me...

"Well, there's just nothing left for them to take off anymore. The next thing you know they'll just strip off and run naked!"

That very week the guy stripped off and ran across the field during the Super Bowl, or was it the Academy Awards, or both! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
08-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I shudder to think what reaction she would have to the "Underwear Run" colleges seem to be having these days!

Sack

eg8r
08-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I am not interested in taking any time. You are too easy.

eg8r

eg8r
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you're lally gaggin around look around and see if you can find any articles about John McCain's long history of screwing around on HIS wife! How many of those have you seen?

The National Enquirer is a rag publication,</div></div>Gayle, SO WHAT IF NE IS A RAG PUBLICATION. This does not take away from the fact the Edwards was cheating on his wife AND THE MEDIA DID NOT REPORT IT!!!. You are right, I don't hear much about McCain, yet. I am sure it will come out. I just hope to God that it is not from the National Enquirer and some real news journalist brings it out.

eg8r

eg8r
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And actually I think I said all along that the Enquirer is a "rag" publication... I used different words, but the idea was the same. I think i compared them to Mad Magazine actually.

And yes, I probably am too young to recall those days of integrity in reporting. But then that only means that for at least 20 years (I'm 28) reporting has lacked those qualities. So why is this a surprise, then?</div></div>LOL, Gayle's hate is at an all time high right now and she is hating on just about anything that might even resemble something negative towards a dem.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I've told you before, I subscribe to the Buddhist philosophies. Hate isn't part of my psychi. I believe in the live and let live philosophies. But just like you, and others on the right, I am just as firm in my convictions, as you are. It's just that those on the right intentionally focus on where they can read and watch what they WANT to believe, instead of searching for the best possible version of the truth. but then, I'm among the 70% in this country who realize what Bush has done to this country, where you, my friend, are part of the nutty 28%, who refuse to allow truth to sink into your thick heads.

I'm certainly in good company here...but, those who voted Republican over the last eight years have nothing to assuage their embarrassment, and resulting bad mood. The results of Bush and the neocons is all too obvious, along with the excess of denials.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
do you think a laxative might help them to let all that anger, embarrassment, out.
I'd be mad too if it took me two elections to realize, I've " been had "

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
A laxative? Ah, no, but maybe a heavy duty auger would help. But you'd have to stand a mile away, and hold your nose!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Deeman3
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
I feel, really feel, a Zen moment coming on here. Everyone just relax and say, "OOOOOM."

Edwards got it wet, get caught and will now not be the V.P. nominee, AG or even dog catcher. He just demonstrated the hypocracy that is rampant in both parties. He had his 15 minutes, now he can pay the piper or, if being a democrat is a shield, let him walk. I don't think he is relavent anymore.

It is time to focus on the real issues with the election, like will Hillary and Obama mud wrestle at the convention? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is time to focus on the real issues with the election, like will Hillary and Obama mud wrestle at the convention? </div></div>

Good Idea, Or maybe the focus should be will Bush and McCain both get through the whole thing without a single mispronounced word, or reference to countries that don't exist?

I can hear Bush now, "Our people is happy!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 10:26 AM
like will Hillary and Obama mud wrestle at the convention? \:\)

OR, will Misty and Kerri celebrate once again, with a dry "hump" in the sand on live TV?

Deeman3
08-12-2008, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> like will Hillary and Obama mud wrestle at the convention? \:\)

OR, will Misty and Kerri celebrate once again, with a dry "hump" in the sand on live TV? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">God, i love High Definition TV! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

eg8r
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've told you before, I subscribe to the Buddhist philosophies. Hate isn't part of my psychi.</div></div>Yeah, well I guess you need to keep studying because you are not good at keeping the hate out. Either that or you just don't recognize your hate and are covering it with some other adjective. Basically you have told us many things over the years, very few if any are believed anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just that those on the right intentionally focus on where they can read and watch what they WANT to believe,</div></div>You have zero proof of this and it is just in your head. The majority of my news comes from the clinton news network. Do you want to know why? I think they have a very easy to read website. I balance that crap off with Boortz every once in a while. So there you have it, I mostly follow a democratic biased news site and a very very libertarian blog. The only times I ever see Fox is if it is on when I am at my parents or in laws. I never hear Limbaugh simply because I listen to music when I am in the car. I don't know how many more times I need to say this to you, but I am sure before the week is out you will once again mention fox or Limbaugh. Reminding you of these things is like talking to a brick wall.

I am part of the 91% that think Pelosi has sucked it up.

I have no embarassment over voting Republican the past 8 years. Each time it was the right vote. As horrible as W has been he will always be the better choice over Gore and Kerry.

eg8r

sack316
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I am part of the 91% that think Pelosi has sucked it up.

eg8r </div></div>

I must admit, that was one of my thoughts when reading through this thread /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no embarassment over voting Republican the past 8 years. Each time it was the right vote. As horrible as W has been he will always be the better choice over Gore and Kerry.

eg8r
</div></div>

And you have absolutely no proof of that.

One thing that most all the media agress with is that the next president will inherit the worst mess that any president has ever had to face when entering the office.

There is not one single problem we face that has not been created by Republican economics, Republican lies, and REpublican incompetence and corruption.

Dream on Ed, Pelosi hasn't been running the country, your boy BUSH is THE DECIDER, remember?

pooltchr
08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Dream on Ed, Pelosi hasn't been running the country, your boy BUSH is THE DECIDER, remember?

</div></div>

Come on, Gayle. Someone as well educated as you must surely know that the real power in government is located in the House of Representatives. Just look at what is going on right now...no energy vote because Nancy thinks it's more important to go on her book tour than to handle the business of the people. And there isn't a damn thing the President can do about it.

Steve

sack316
08-13-2008, 04:30 AM

</div></div>

and she'd probably be the one person in the world with a lower approval rating than Bush. But then again, I guess those type of statistics are only important when it suits a certain agenda. Oh wait wait, I know... the low approval rating of congress is solely because of republican filibusters. Eh, fill in the next statistic here... it probably doesn't matter anyway...

sack

eg8r
08-13-2008, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you have absolutely no proof of that.</div></div>Sure I do, just look at how pathetic they have been since. LOL you have gore telling everyone the earth is about to boil and he is the biggest offender. ha ha, you sure know how to pick em.

Oh yeah, Pelosi still sucks and the country has already spoken in agreement. 9%, that is amazing. She is more pathetic than W.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM
The President has had eight years to do something about our oil situation, and neither he, nor the Republicans, who have controlled the Congress for over a decade, have ever done a single thing about it.

Since the Oil Embargo of the seventies, Jimmy Carter was the only president who made progress in reducing our dependency on foreign oil, cut it in half, put solar panels on the White House, pushed through conservation legialation and tax breaks for conservation and research. Reagan and Bush II destroyed all that. Reagan took the solar panels off the White House, and since then, the first Congress to make honest efforts to restore increased cafe' standards, restore incentives for research and development for alternatives, and conservation, was the Pelosi led Congress of 2007.

You can deny it all you want, but the fact that Republicans have been out to continue on this path of foreign oil dependence, tax cuts for oil companies who enjoy exhorbitant profits, but refuse to psend them by doing the things that could improve our situation, while being subsidized by Republican legislation, is undeniable.

Most of our problems from the Middle Est, to the oil mess, is all resulting from Republican Policies, the guys who propped up Saddam, the guys who gave financial support to the Talliban and bin Laden, the guys who sold arms, illegally, to terrorists, and human rights offenders, drug dealers. That contention that Republicans are best suited in National Security venues, is a total JOKE! They are the blockade to our energy independence, our safety here at home, reducing the size of government, initiating legislation for research and development of renewable, clean fuel, balancing the budget, fighting disease, you name it, Republicans ARE the problem.

The next campaign message ought to be,

Republicans can't SOLVE our problems, Republicans ARE THE PROBLEM!

Gayle in Md.
Supporter of http://www.Pickensplan.com, who does NOT support McCain, eventho he is a Republican, himself.

Gayle in MD
08-13-2008, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Eh, fill in the next statistic here... </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">I'd be happy to, the Republicans have broken the filibuster record. They have crippled the efforts of the Congress to make progress, but in spite of that, Pelosi led the first major progress on energy issues, since Carter, in 2007. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it probably doesn't matter anyway...

sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">It does matter, because, "Republicans can't solve our problems, Republicans ARE THE PROBLEM! </span>

Deeman3
08-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Gayle,

I just sent you a P.M. A mutual friend is heading down to Alabama and I am scrambling to re-arrange my schedule to meet him. I first heard of him when I was about 18 and to think I may get to meeting him is very nice. He said he won't hold the Republican thing against me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I'll only be able to spare you a few minutes of my time
Wait, did you say Alabama?....not in this lifetime

Gayle in MD
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I haven't gotten a message alert, and I'll be damned if I can find my recieved messages. How does one access recieved messages? When I click on the "My Messages" I only get the ones I've sent.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-13-2008, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Republicans can't solve our problems, Republicans ARE THE PROBLEM! </div></div>That is not what the polls are saying. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It seems the dem led congress is the problem. You live by polls when the Reps look bad, but this time you ignore it. LOL, you are dying by the polls now. Bush has a better rating than Pelosi. LOL

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm not making any accusations, but does anybody know if GWB is still using coke, or has occasional coke "flashbacks"?
That might help to explain some of the unexplainable....
Does anybody know if the majority of Bush believers are coke heads?
I worry a little about someone that has to announce their "virtues" to the world, "I is the war pres, and the decideree"
Actions speak louder then words....We knew what was wrong with Nixon,Reagan,and GB-1 without them telling us

Bobbyrx
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
It looks like Pelosi isn't much of an author either. Hasn't sold over 5,000 copies yet after over 2 weeks. " Amazon.com Sales Rank: #3,419 in Books" and now they are deleting negative reviews
Negative reviews deleted (http://www.bucksright.com/amazon-deleting-negative-pelosi-book-reviews-en-masse-304)

eg8r
08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
People do not trust, believe or like the lady.

eg8r

eg8r
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody know if the majority of Bush believers are coke heads?</div></div>What constitutes a bush believer these days. It is easy to define on this board.

Bush believer = Anyone that does not believe the BS of the resident lefties led by the queen sheep herself.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OR, will Misty and Kerri celebrate once again, with a dry "hump" in the sand on live TV? </div></div>

In the Olympic spirit:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/Wally-Cincinnati/misty_may_kerri_walsh_hump.jpg

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Ed, as I wrote before, the only things I pay attention to are what I cull from the links...and both Q and Gayle have provided me with some interesting reading.
I didn't like GWB long before I "knew" Gayle....having been an investor in Harken Energy,(HEC) on the strength of the Bush name.(at that time I still admired his Dad)
Then, the more I read about "Bush Family values".. the more I disliked the man (and his family)...and he has done nothing since to change my opinion of him...
Now, no one is claiming that lww puts words in your mouth,( although the suspicion still prevails) so why not drop the queen sheep bit, since it is immature, and we can then bring the discussion up to an adult level...well, somewhat...I still reserve the right to lower the bar occasionally.

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
..admits to affair
...I thought you was talking about Edward and Wallis Simpson
his abdication changed forever the old saw:
"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse"

Deeman3
08-14-2008, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse" </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">That may be a more appropriate quote for Prince Charles at the moment. His bride may well fit that bill and have cost him the crown. Moma has decided to live long enough to keep it off his head. Besides, he might chafe his ears on the crown. </span>

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Ed,
I'm not denying anything. I leave the whole process of denial to Bush and his followers, you being supreme among them in the denial category.

The Congress can't get anything done, and the Republicans are the reason why. They have broken the filibuster record!

Let's see how many Republicans are still in the Congress after these elections. I think the public has caught onto the Republicans, and while you blame only Pelosi, you fail to recognize that Republilcans only lack by one or two votes, hence, all your accusations against the Congress, included nearly as many Republicans as Democratics, and the Republicans are the ones who refuse to compromise.

Bush as an A-H, who gets up there in front of the cameras, bashing the Congress, knowing full well that he is the one advising the Republicans to block everything, and cripple the process. It's an election year. Need a crayon?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, all I can say about powerful men and their mistresses, and horses, which is exactly what Camella looks like, when he had an absolutely beautiful wife, is that I wish I had known long ago, that good damned BJ's rule the damned world!

I can't get over the dogs and horses that these men get themselves in trouble with!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Besides, he might chafe his ears on the crown.
lol

t'aint nice to say that about the once and future king

eg8r
08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and while you blame only Pelosi</div></div>Yep, she is horrible and her ratings prove it. LOL, have you bought her book yet? I was certain we would have seen you hawking it by now. I guess you are boycotting it because she did not impeach. LOL, that has been the only promise she has kept.

eg8r

eg8r
08-14-2008, 08:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, no one is claiming that lww puts words in your mouth</div></div>Why would you, I have been here long before he arrived, and my posts have not changed.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
true you pre-dated lww, and hopefully you have now out lasted him
(it appears the virus has moved on)....
But while you were always acerbic, etc....I thought less of a personal attack....but now that i think about it....

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that has been the only promise she has kept.
</div></div>

Ed, you tell so many lies on here it would take a team of journalists to keep up with them.

I think Pelosi is doing a good job, all except for the failure to impeach, which I believe will prove later to have been a huge mistake.

As all know that all the way back to the Nixon administration, Cheney and Rumsfeld, and the other neocons who became the American Enterprise Institute, pushed for three main things, unlimitled executive power, invasion of Iraq, and their "Project" (for the new american century) which lays out their faulty, dangerous plan for exhuberant foreign and global policies, devoid of diplomacy, and aka cowboy diplomacy, saber rattling, and lately known as the worst foreign policy disaster in history!

We can all see the mess left, loss of trust in AMerica, one of the disasterous results of Bush's torture, aka, Enhanced Interrogation and shredding of the Bill Of Rights, and the Constitution of the United sTates Of AMerica.

The main difference between you and I is that if these criminal activities had been prosecuted against our country by a Democratic administration, I would be just as irrate over it, and just as ashamed of my country for torturing people, spying on Americans, trashing the Constitution, and politicizing the Department of Justice.

When we have a democratic president taking advantage of all these over reaching executive powers, compliments of the neocons, we'll see how you like it.

One thing is for sure, I'm not unamerican enough to defend them, nor to trust a Democratic President with that kind of power, any more than I trust a Republican one, and no president is going to willingly relinquish that dangerous added power once he is in office. I just don't think Obama is mentally ill, and hence, less likely to get us all blown up, due to emotional instability, like McCain is, and with all that power, and swaggering Bush style aggression which was and is unchecked power, never intended by our founders, McBush would be like a serial killer with no fingerprints.

Republicans have created shameful, unamerican policies, and I can assure you, we will never again see lines of soldiers lining up to surrender to the Americans, because they think they'll be safe with them, ever again, like we saw in the gulf war.

Bush has given the terrorists their greatest wish. Bush has sunk to their level, and they use that to enlist more to their cause, and it will take decades to undo the damage he has done to our country, and the additional danger which he has created for us. McBush would be the last man in this country to accept and reverse that damage. We can only hope that Obama doesn't use all that unconstitutional, unchecked neocon provided power as recklessly as the neocons did.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
08-14-2008, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Pelosi is doing a good job</div></div>LOL, yes Gayle we already know you still like her. How does that sand taste. You are now part of the nutty 9%. How does it go gayle...bwahaha. I guess something like that. You picked a loser and she is proving you right.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 09:05 AM
And you picked a winner?

BWA HA HA HA...

Ed,
you are hopeless, and not only that, you are pointless.

Go take a run!

Go to a men's meeting, or something!

Eat a twinkie.

Do anything, but don't wast your ridiculous ideas on me. I already have you labeled irrelevant, as that is exactly what you are to me when it comes to your opinions, your political and religious views and values. Defending people who torture, is something I could and would never do. You voted for the chimp twice, and now you're trying to trash me because of Pelosi's mistakes, which I surely don't agree with, and atleast I say that.

Anyone who voted for George Bush twice, ought to hang their head in disgrace, not be throwing around accusations against those of us who predicted the very mess he is leaving this country in.

Here's a flash for ya, I didn't vote for Pelosi. What's your excuse?

Gayle in Md

Deeman3
08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, all I can say about powerful men and their mistresses, and horses, which is exactly what Camella looks like, when he had an absolutely beautiful wife, is that I wish I had known long ago, that good damned BJ's rule the damned world!

I can't get over the dogs and horses that these men get themselves in trouble with!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I am far from perfect, but I have never, ever gotten the deal with guys who are married looking for other women when they usually have perfectly good ones they are married to. After all, if you don't want to be married, change that!

As I have said before, I also never got the visiting the hooker thing as well. How, in your mind, do you make the fantasy that a women you pay is having a good time and you, all of a sudden, are her stud muffin? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If you look at the vast majority of men fooling around, the woman they have at home is much better than the tramps they find outside their home. You made the example but Camila Parker Bowles vs. Princess Diana, give me a break!</span>

eg8r
08-14-2008, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you picked a winner?

BWA HA HA HA...

Ed,
you are hopeless, and not only that, you are pointless.</div></div>For seven years you told us how irresponsible our pick for Pres was. Given the chance you made it sound like you could do better, but we now see you were drastically WRONG. You are part of the nutty 9%.

Oh yeah, have you followed the money on Pelosi? She is in bed with Pickens and it makes total sense why she does not like drilling. She wants oil high so she will get a nice return on her big investment. She is a Corporate Facist pig just like all the rest. That is your girl up there.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but we now see you were drastically WRONG. </div></div>
WE WE WE...Who is WE, who is Us. You have appointed yourself the voice of reason? BWA HA HA HA...

Take a run, Ed, you NEED to do that for yourself.

You nut. Pickens is a Republican. He's been at this effort for twenty or thirty years.

You are THE MOST IGNORANT person on politics, and almost every other subject I can think of, that I have ever run across, save maybe, Wally.

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
LOL, I agree with every word of that, that's for sure.

Hey, here's a funny story for ya.

Recently my daughter showed me a picture of Helen Mirran, think that's how she spells it, in a bikini, and she's my age. Now, I still do wear a bikini, and try to stay in shape, but she looked absolutely fabulous! Anyway, this happened while we were at the ocean, and that same day an aquaintance of ours was flirting blatantly with Jim, throwing out all the obvious hooks, and the two of us, Jim and I, were actually laughing about it together, later that evening, when we were alone, because she was so obvious. So I was mocking her to Jim for days, joking around.

But it must have stuck, because eventhough this gal that was throwing out the hooks, isn't in good shape at all, and I surely didn't feel seriously threatened, just the other night I had a dream that Jim was having an affair with Helen Mirran!

OMG, when we got up the next morning, I snapped at him twice, and I never do that! I immediately knew why, though.

Finally he said, what's wrong with you.

And I told him, ME! After the night you had last night, you gotta real nerve asking me THAT!

He laughed his *** off when I told him what I had dreamed about.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
08-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Wally, good one !!!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As I have said before, I also never got the visiting the hooker thing as well. </div></div>

Never done that myself but Charlie Sheen had an interesting take on it. Somebody asked him why he paid for sex and he said "I don't pay them for the sex, I pay them to leave afterwards.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-14-2008, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wally, good one !!! </div></div>

I try to help where I can.

eg8r
08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I understand where you are coming from but if we are talking just "looks" Bill did much better with Monica than hillary. I will never support cheating on your spouse, but as a man, I can understand bill's wandering eye. If I had to go to bed with hillary every night after she scratched off all the make-up and the botox ran out I would probably be tempted myself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
That is hilarious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Is it cheating if your wife's subconcious is thinking about it and watching. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You nut. Pickens is a Republican. He's been at this effort for twenty or thirty years.</div></div>This has nothing to do with Rep or Dem and everything to do with how Pelosi is blocking the vote for drilling. Keep up will ya.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Wally, another good one......

Deeman3
08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand where you are coming from but if we are talking just "looks" Bill did much better with Monica than hillary. I will never support cheating on your spouse, but as a man, I can understand bill's wandering eye. If I had to go to bed with hillary every night after she scratched off all the make-up and the botox ran out I would probably be tempted myself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ed,

While that may eb true, I'd have more respect for him and others if they would "man up" and divorce the one that is no longer good enough and then find their hottie. I can't imagine the betrayal that these men and women feel when it is done behind their backs. I just think you should have enough respect for a person you are in marriage with to not betray that trust for a little tail, or in Monika's case a slightly larger tail. </span>

dad8
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Gayle what does Bush and Clinton haft to do with Edwards sleeping around.

Deeman3
08-14-2008, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dad8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle what does Bush and Clinton haft to do with Edwards sleeping around. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It deflects the issue to another topic? </span>

eg8r
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can't imagine the betrayal that these men and women feel when it is done behind their backs.</div></div>You got that right. It is absolutely horrible.

eg8r

pooltchr
08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and while you blame only Pelosi</div></div>Yep, she is horrible and her ratings prove it. LOL, have you bought her book yet?
eg8r </div></div>

From what I hear, almost nobody is buying her book. In fact, the percentage buying it is even lower than the nutty 9% that think she is ok!
Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
08-14-2008, 06:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> what I hear, almost nobody is buying her book. </div></div>

she was at 3700 Wednesday

I hope she's happy the po' folks can't afford to buy her book because they are paying for her $4 gas

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't think I said they had anything to do with it, just that Edwards isn't running for anything, and McCain, who isn't being asked any questions about his running around on his first wife, is running for the presidency.

I feel bad for any wife and family that is so publically humiliated and embarrassed by a man who can't keep it in his pants. When McCain was doing it, it never made the news, that I can recall, although it was widely known in Washington D.C.

As I said, it's a private matter, and I don't think the new scandal hungry journalism is good for the country.

Gayle in Md.