PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Our Priorities Straight

Deeman3
08-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I have often felt like I exemplefied putting pool first with my misleading my first wife into attending the U.S. Open in Chicago almost 40 years ago as our entire honeymoon.

I surrender the title. Ace, one of our posters and a long ago Petty Point attendee, has topped me once and for all. Ace attends the Derby City Classic as my road partner each year. Mora, his wife, is expecting another child. We are planning to attend the Houston Open in October. I talked to Ace yesterday and found out she is due like on October 4th. Of course, I noticed the tournament was at the same time.

"No problem, Dee, I have rescheduled her C-section for a week early so we can still make the tournament!" What a guy? You may think you have your priorities right but, Ace, he takes the prize for all time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eric.
08-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey, that is thinking on your feet!

Eric

BigRigTom
08-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow Deeman this sounds like something that I might privately consider but not have the nerve to do much less brag about it on the CCB.

I commend you and Ace for being open with your diviousness.

My wife would definitely NOT be surprised if I were to try something like the two of you....but ....she is just too smart for me to pull it off...or at least she thinks she is too smart for me to pull it off.

If I ever get away with something like that I have to keep it to myself so she continues to believe.

Deeman3
08-11-2008, 10:30 AM
I think he deserves some sort of metal, like in the Olympics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Any stories out there of anyone who has done more to protect the sanctity of the game? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
"I think he deserves some sort of metal,..."
You mean like a metal plate in his head, perhaps?
You can have a baby every 9 months, but the Houston open...
that only comes up once a year.
I applaud Ace's decision !!!

Scott Lee
08-11-2008, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he deserves some sort of metal, like in the Olympics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Dee...I was thinking a different kind of metal...like a hammer to the head, perhaps? LOL

Scott Lee

Ace
08-11-2008, 05:08 PM
OK everybody, at least we are still having the baby....LOL! My wife, Amor is actually due Oct 13, she was scheduled for a c-section Friday Oct 3. The Dr. had asked us which day we wanted to perform the c-section on so we were able to pick a date. We picked Oct 3, this way I would only lose one day of work. Now we will change to a date a few days earlier or a few days later. So, see I am able to play the Houston Open Oct 4 & 5 after all. And of course we can't do the c-section the following weekend.........That is the Fast Eddies tournament in Houston .....LOL

pooltchr
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Dee,
I don't think I can top that one, but when my wife and I decided to get married, I pulled out the calendar of pool tournaments, found one open weekend, and told her it had to be that weekend.

Oh, yeah...the pool cues got packed for the honeymoon trip. Good thing too, because there was a little tournament going on nearby that week.

Steve

dg-in-centralpa
08-12-2008, 06:36 AM
When Mrs. DG was pregnant, her due date was a Tuesday at the end of September, which happened to be the first night of the new league season. Jokingly, the captain said he'd throw me off the team if I missed. Apparently my unborn daughter heard this and took it to heart, as she was born 5 weeks early.

DG

Rich R.
08-12-2008, 07:05 AM
I can't come anywhere near Ace, but many of my wife's birthdays and many of our wedding anniversaries have been spent in pool rooms. It seems they always fall during league playoffs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Deeman3
08-12-2008, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK everybody, at least we are still having the baby....LOL! My wife, Amor is actually due Oct 13, she was scheduled for a c-section Friday Oct 3. The Dr. had asked us which day we wanted to perform the c-section on so we were able to pick a date. We picked Oct 3, this way I would only lose one day of work. Now we will change to a date a few days earlier or a few days later. So, see I am able to play the Houston Open Oct 4 & 5 after all. And of course we can't do the c-section the following weekend.........That is the Fast Eddies tournament in Houston .....LOL </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I think you are just trying to soften the blow so you don't look so bad on here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Take pride! I still have visions of little Shawn at Derby City following Efren around dragging his pool cue with one hand. He got more pictures taken that day than any other player! I also remember him making a move on Jennette's daughter, Chyenne, at every opportunity and her following him around. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Is pool 24/7 for 10 days considered child abuse? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Eric.
08-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Gets my vote.

Eric

Ace
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK everybody, at least we are still having the baby....LOL! My wife, Amor is actually due Oct 13, she was scheduled for a c-section Friday Oct 3. The Dr. had asked us which day we wanted to perform the c-section on so we were able to pick a date. We picked Oct 3, this way I would only lose one day of work. Now we will change to a date a few days earlier or a few days later. So, see I am able to play the Houston Open Oct 4 & 5 after all. And of course we can't do the c-section the following weekend.........That is the Fast Eddies tournament in Houston .....LOL </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I think you are just trying to soften the blow so you don't look so bad on here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Take pride! I still have visions of little Shawn at Derby City following Efren around dragging his pool cue with one hand. He got more pictures taken that day than any other player! I also remember him making a move on Jennette's daughter, Chyenne, at every opportunity and her following him around. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Is pool 24/7 for 10 days considered child abuse? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

OK....Now Sean likes Efren, but also likes everyone there. Jeanettes daughter, Chyenne, is the one that likes Sean, but he wants nothing to do with her. Keep in mind Chyenne was only 3 years old and Sean was only 2 years old. Jeanette said to have him call Chyenne when he turns 18 years of age, as long as he had a real job not related to pool.....LOL

Deeman3
08-13-2008, 07:48 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Is Santos going to meet you in Houston or will he travel down with you? I may fly down if you guys will pick me up at Houston-Hobby.

Sean will certainly change his attitude about the girls by the time he is a little older. I just don't remember gals chasing me at that age....

Ace
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Santos is going to fly down and meet me in Houston. You can fly in and I will pick you up too. I just don't know whether Hobby or Bush airport at this time..... Sean is not even 3 untill the end of August, so he does not need any girls other than his sisters around.