PDA

View Full Version : Way too many bs posts

08-10-2002, 04:21 PM
I was looking at the "who has the highest IQ" thread and noticed that there are 8 bs posts which have nothing to do with anything before Holly answered. This forum has gotten way too big with bs when you think that 3 topics can fit on a page because ppl want to add meaningless posts and awful tag type posts. Please be considerate to ppl and don't clog up the board with posts that have no relevance to the topic at hand.

08-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Here is an example of a post that just takes up space
HERE IS THE QUESTION

I'm trying to gather some statistics and would appreciate anyone's help: How much alcohol do you consume during a typical league night? What about your team mates? What's the most popular brand that people consume in your area and what region of the country are you in?

Thanks,
Fran

WHY POST THIS RESPONSE

Fran, I don't play in league

WHY???????

Chris Cass
08-10-2002, 05:21 PM
I agree, there are way to many unregistered posters who complain. I say if you don't like it? Start a board of your own. We have a good tight nit group of people here and if you want to get really involved? Step up to the plate.

The posts that lead to conversation off topic, do this often due to the board members. We all feel like family and treat this board like are dinner table. If it were strickly business, you would get to rape this board of it's knowledge. Maybe an instructor is what you need. Send me a check for $6.00 and I'll teach you the human side of pool players.

You write soley to Fran. That I think is BS. She doesn't have to listen to your demands, nobody does. How do you rate? Who'd you ever beat? There's tons of information here. Just chill and get ya some. It's not all about you. Don't think your going to walk in here and get spoiled. You have to earn your stripes here, Stranger. Getting all up in the face of the very few women we have here, isn't gonna get it.

Regards,

C.C.~~had a bad day and it's not over yet......

Ken
08-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Well excuuuuse me. I guess the topic "Poll on alcohol consumption during leagues" only refers to players. I mistakenly thought that the amount that I consume while a spectator during league night might fit into the topic. Mr. Indiana, I am so sorry to have offended you. I bow to your enhanced abilities that enabled you to know that only players should respond since there is nothing in the post that says that. Perhaps I should have said that when I did play that I consumed the same amount and that I would often show up to watch even if I were not playing. Then again I guess that would have been another violation according to you, Mr. Indiana.
KenCT

rackmup
08-10-2002, 09:47 PM
WAIT A MINUTE! JUST WAIT A MINUTE!!

I agree with Mr. Indiana! There are way too many non-pool related posts here on the CCB. Let's get to it and talk about POOL!

I'll start: With the weather beginning to warm, how much chlorine should I initially add to my pool in order to prepare it for swimming?

Regards,

Ken

Chris Cass
08-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Does the deer have any doe? Two bucks the dirty rat. YUK YUK YUK

Regards,

C.C.~~a Three Stooges fan and deer antlers for ferrules. not on the S.W. though, they're all ivory....LMAO

Vapros
08-10-2002, 11:18 PM
What if this is Indiana Jones posting and you guys irritate him with sarcasm? Think about that. And if anything bad should happen to you, can I have yer cue?

Chris Cass
08-10-2002, 11:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vapros:</font><hr> What if this is Indiana Jones posting and you guys irritate him with sarcasm? Think about that. And if anything bad should happen to you, can I have yer cue? <hr></blockquote>

HAHAHAHAHA

I think you'll have to fight a 9 yr. old going to be 10 this month second degree Brown Belt, for it. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~love Indiana Jones movies...never thought about that though? LOL

Kato
08-11-2002, 01:18 AM
How big is your pool Ken? I being in the pool "not billiard" industry may be able to help.

Kato~~~has charts and stuff for that kind of thing.

cheesemouse
08-11-2002, 05:38 AM
HELP!!!!! I've fallen into the pool and I can't get out....

bluewolf
08-11-2002, 09:07 AM
democracy vs dictatorship &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

08-11-2002, 12:46 PM
My point to this thread was that if you have limited time, or a slow connection, or just want to read about pool and you click on a post that says dominant eye and there are 50 posts that talk about Hardees hamburgers then why come to the board. I appreciate the fact that you see this as a dinner type talking area which is fine but why not start a thread talking about what you want to talk about rather than 50 posts that have nothing to do with the thread topic. Thanks

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2002, 12:55 PM
I usually steer the subject title with a appropriate new name when that happens, and I do understand your aggitation over this issue. Way to many posts and not enough time to filter all of them.sid

Tom_In_Cincy
08-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Indy
Easy to jump in and criticize or just state a problem.. but its very difficult for some to offer a suggestion to get rid of the problem..

In this case I would suggest just changing the subject line.. Like I have done.. if more posters do this, lurkers with slow internet connections won't waste anytime.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-11-2002, 12:59 PM
on the same wavelength

Chris Cass
08-11-2002, 07:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Indiana:</font><hr> My point to this thread was that if you have limited time, or a slow connection, or just want to read about pool and you click on a post that says dominant eye and there are 50 posts that talk about Hardees hamburgers then why come to the board. I appreciate the fact that you see this as a dinner type talking area which is fine but why not start a thread talking about what you want to talk about rather than 50 posts that have nothing to do with the thread topic. Thanks <hr></blockquote>

I see what you mean Indy. Changing the title is important to those of us with little time on our hands and slow puter connections. I'll do my part and change the line if I happen to put the occasional goof off. Sorry, for being so blunt. I would like to see you register. Joining are merry band is far more important than you know. Many will answer your private questions if you choose to email them, if they recognize your name. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~night in shinning armor/Kato stomper...

Harold Acosta
08-11-2002, 07:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Indiana: I was looking at the "who has the highest IQ" thread and noticed that there are 8 bs posts which have nothing to do with anything before Holly answered. This forum has gotten way too big with bs when you think that 3 topics can fit on a page because ppl want to add meaningless posts and awful tag type posts. Please be considerate to ppl and don't clog up the board with posts that have no relevance to the topic at hand. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

Indiana is right! To many BS posts not related to the original thread! The problem is that although you may want to change the title of your own thread, it will still appear under the original post. No way of changing that.

What Indiana is trying to say with his post is that people should keep the subject thread on instead of going on to discuss matters totally unrelated to the thread.

I concur with the too much BS issue. Not only on original threads but with made up stories about winning this and that, being on the "Zone" all the time, winning outrageous amounts of money, etc. Yeah, in your dreams! I'm talking about posters that say they win all the times; not talking about individual, credible accomplishments by credible posters once in a while. (Credible being emphatized)!)

Some BS just can't be believed!

08-12-2002, 09:12 AM

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> With the good comes the bad. But it ain't all that bad. You just have to pray that no one will post anything more to a ridiculous thread /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. I can here my wife now calculating when a thread will go away by examining the posting time etc. LOL /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif
<hr></blockquote>

yeah i was looking at certain threads and calculating when they would go away if nobody else posted on them. but I am not the president of this list. it is a free country with freedom of speech and press, so it is not up to me what is posted.it is only up to me what i choose to post

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-12-2002, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Indiana: I was looking at the "who has the highest IQ" thread and noticed that there are 8 bs posts which have nothing to do with anything before Holly answered. This forum has gotten way too big with bs when you think that 3 topics can fit on a page because ppl want to add meaningless posts and awful tag type posts. Please be considerate to ppl and don't clog up the board with posts that have no relevance to the topic at hand. &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

Indiana is right! To many BS posts not related to the original thread! The problem is that although you may want to change the title of your own thread, it will still appear under the original post. No way of changing that.

What Indiana is trying to say with his post is that people should keep the subject thread on instead of going on to discuss matters totally unrelated to the thread.

I concur with the too much BS issue. Not only on original threads but with made up stories about winning this and that, being on the "Zone" all the time, winning outrageous amounts of money, etc. Yeah, in your dreams! I'm talking about posters that say they win all the times; not talking about individual, credible accomplishments by credible posters once in a while. (Credible being emphatized)!)

Some BS just can't be believed!

<hr></blockquote>

i agree in theory but sometimes poop just happens.in the 'who has the highest iq thread' someone mentioned the savant lady, then someone else mentioned what she said about the game doors. when a few people had responded to that, it was almost too late to make a new thread. so that is how it happens, imo. as far as non pool threads, we do have a choice regarding what we do and do not want to read.

i will read a couple of posts in a thread and then if it does not interest me, go to the next thread.if a particular thread seems too long, it is long because a lot of ccbers wanted to write about that. again, we have no control over others in an uncensored forum.

bluewolf

08-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Well, Indy here's some advice that may get you absolutely nowhere! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif If a thread goes on for more than 4 responses, chances are there's some BS in it! And if it has a provocative title, don't read it unless you have an hour or better to kill /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif And register, so we can send you "Welcome to the CCB greetings and door prizes"!

Chris Cass
08-13-2002, 12:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> HELP!!!!! I've fallen into the pool and I can't get out.... <hr></blockquote>

Don't sweat it Cheese. You've got enough to get in every pool. HAHAH

Regards,

C.C.~~the Cheese has too many toys....

08-13-2002, 05:04 AM

08-13-2002, 05:10 AM
you're missing his point. the great thing about forums IS the very fact that threads can veer off topic. this is how a WEALTH of information is gathered. no one could possibly think of starting all the topics that get discussed as a result of random replies.

get a cable connection.

heater451
08-13-2002, 07:49 AM
ppl = people (in case you bothered to open the post)

08-13-2002, 08:10 AM
the BS posts are a signal that someone is lonely. The poster is just trying to participate. You know, kinda like the Jackass at the Pool Hall, that everybody avoids, but tries to get into the conversation. But hey, it's a free country...... The B/D Forum used to be about gaining knowledge, now it's a frigging GOSSIP COLUMN

bluewolf
08-13-2002, 02:12 PM
This is just about people. it has been the same on every list i have been on. people get off topic and often gravitate to controversial topics which often have nothing to do with the stated purpose of the forum.

We do get good info on pool though. If ya dont like a thread, just skip it.

as far as the challenges for those with slow computers, if ya did not drink or smoke, some of you could have a new computer &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

08-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Hey, did you guys see the Battle at Bighorn the other day?

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 08:29 AM
blah blah blah sounds like something i saw on an old startrek show. the children were running the planet and everytime a grownup (called grups) said anything, all the kids would say 'blah blah blah'

bluewolf