$2.1 million: Amount McCain and the RNC together have raise from Oil and
Gas industry since Jan. 2007***

15 out of 20: Number of Oil Companies whose employees gave more to
McCain

3-to-1: "overall, McCain's campaign has gotten three times more money
from the industry than Obama's has -- $1.3 million compared to about
$394,000."

3: number of Republican Presidential candidates who received more money
from Oil & Gas Industry than Barack Obama (McCain, Giuliani, Romney)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/11/dnc-parodies-cornyn-ad-to_n_118324.html

The rest of this article is pretty good, too.

sack316
08-12-2008, 02:05 AM
interesting stuff.

didn't Obama say, "I don't accept money from oil companies."?

VIDEO (will open in your media player) (http://www.factcheck.org/video/obamanothingschanged.wmv)

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Obama wants to invoke punitive taxes on the oil companies. Why do these stats surprise you?

eg8r
08-12-2008, 07:24 AM
I just read on Boortz that the state of Alaska increased taxes on the oil companies and they have brought in 10 billion in taxes this year. That is double from last year. Pretty amazing and at the forefront it looks great for the residents of Alaska but they are not looking long term. The oil companies are now announcing they will stall any future exploration and development in Alaska. The dems never think about what really happens with all their new taxes. Obama will tax the crap out of them and they will leave. If you don't believe me then take a look at all the corporations that no longer reside in California and all the high taxes.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't know, did he?

Do you actually believe that the Republicans aren't vested with big oil more than Obama, and the Democratics?

Who slipped the Enron measure into a bill in the middle of the night.

Who has been running a secret energy plan for eight yeats?

Who was in bed with the saudis for years?

Who financed Little Bushy's first oil endeavor?

Who supports drilling offshore to solve an immediate problem, when we won't get any oil from it for seven years, and they already have 68 million acres on and off shore they aren't using right now?

Which party refused to reach across the isle for an energy bill because they wouldn't cross partisan line unless big oil got everything they wanted?

Which party censors scientific studies that aren't oil friendly?

Who launched a war for oil contracts for big oil that killed over 4,150 AMerican soldiers on fake intelligence?

Who is lying about conditions in Iraq, and has been lying about it for over four years?

Who pooh pooh's global warming, and the whole issue of smog and health, eventho we can see the smog engulfing China, and every major city in the world that is heavily populated?

Which party is favored by the very industries that are gouging us left and right?

When it comes to corporate fascists, Republicans have a long long list of unamerican activities to explain.

Gayle in Md.
Secret Energy Policies that we aren't allowed to know about? Pahleeeze!

Pahleeeze!

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Read the Enron loophole, Ed. Check out how your beloved Republicans award corporations who hide their money in the Carribbean, outsource our jobs, and as for oil, we have been subsidizing them while they have failed to do the things that would have kept oil prices down, like using all the areas where they have leases, and building more refineries.

Republicans give tax breaks and subsidies, loopholes and scientific cover, to corporate fascist pigs that own the Republican party.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I never said I was surprised, just that Republicans are the party that is most in bed with the corpoprate fascist pigs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

sack316
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Gayle, nowhere did I say republicans took less or had any less to do with them. I think it takes no more than common sense to realize why those statistics are the way they are. And I'd imagine it probably holds relatively true for most big business and those associated with big businesses.

Then again, nobody from the GOP said "I don't take money from oil comanies" either, that I know of. Obama did, and used it as one of his selling points. You're laundy list of statistics along with your list of "who" questions wouldn't change my point even if the discrepancy were 99%-1%. Rather than saying "Oh crap, I forgot about that Obama ad", or "wow, I guess Obama does do that too... even if to a lesser extent", you'd rather only point out any republican bedfellows and controversy related to big oil.

But to me, the most influencing part of your original post is how much Obama and others from the left have accepted from oil as well. Even though it is a lesser amount, still in my mind was that Obama "doesn't do that"... while apparently he does. Just as he "doesn't take money from lobbyists", and while he may keep that technically true... some of his donations can be tied to that indirectly. I see you point out McCain's lies as quickly as possible, but rarely if ever do I see any pointing to Obama's misleading statements and "truth by technicality" as I think I will call it.

Sack

eg8r
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
I would hide my money also if I knew I was being taxed unfairly. Again, check out the state of California and see the money crisis they are in. If they were not over taxing everything in sight many of those huge corporations would have stayed.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 11:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you'd rather only point out any republican bedfellows and controversy related to big oil.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I see you point out McCain's lies as quickly as possible, but rarely if ever do I see any pointing to Obama's misleading statements and "truth by technicality" as I think I will call it.
</div></div>

Guilty on both counts. I make my assessments according to the same principle upon which I make all my judgements, it's a matter of degree.

That is also the way I vote, it's a matter of the degree of damage which I think either party, or president, will inflict, upon this country, at any given time, and hence, I'm far more interested in pointing out Republican dangers to it, than Democratic ones. Democrats aren't perfect, but they surely have never destroyed this country the way Republicans are doing.

I believe that we are becoming a fascist nation, and that Republicans are responsible on every count, from the shredding of our Constitution, to this disgraceful WAR FOR OIL BASED ON LIES TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

I fully admit that I believe that the absolute worse thing that could possibly happen to this country, is McCain in the White House, and another Republican strong showing in the Congress, not much chance of that, but who knows where or whom the next Katherin Harris might be, or what Frist's buddies might be up to at Deibold!

Why some of the posters here can't see the real and present dangers, is beyond me.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it takes no more than common sense to realize why those statistics are the way they are. </div></div>

Really, then perhaps you can explain it to me. Why are the REpublicans more in bed with big oil than the democratics.

eg8r
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really, then perhaps you can explain it to me. Why are the REpublicans more in bed with big oil than the democratics.
</div></div>You really don't have the common sense to figure it out? LOL.

eg8r

sack316
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it takes no more than common sense to realize why those statistics are the way they are. </div></div>

Really, then perhaps you can explain it to me. Why are the REpublicans more in bed with big oil than the democratics. </div></div>

excellent way to phrase the question /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If you're asking me to explain why large companies (which would happen to include big oil) would be more likely to support republicans than democrats, IMO, it would be the tax thing. If I owned a company that made the big bucks (ah to dream) and there was Guy/Gal A who is going to tax me less standing next to Guy/Gal B who is going to tax me more. And I was deciding who to make my donation to... I would obviously lean more towards Mr. or Mrs. A. That's what i was saying.

I would also laugh at guy or gal B for saying how much they love the little man, when I know deep down that if they dig any deeper into my pocket book my employees and production will be from places that don't speak-a-the-english so well. Because I am gonna have to offset those costs however I can... afterall I am publicly owned and have more of a responsibility to my shareholders lest I go under. Guy/Gal B will assure me that if I employ here I will get special incentives... but I again laugh because those incentives only cover a fraction of the extra money you just took from me anyway. I can choose to keep my "business" here "as is" and eat a lot of extra cost, or I can outsource and risk the label of being un-american which may also hurt (now I'm in a catch 22) and I woulda been better off just left alone. And I'm a busy business man and don't have time for all that hassle, thus I'll bypass all the trouble and throw some support behind Guy/Gal A.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I'm a busy business man and don't have time for all that hassle, <span style="color: #000066">Nor any patriotism, either. </span> thus I'll bypass all the trouble and throw some support behind Guy/Gal A. <span style="color: #000066">And leave most of my personal earnings in the Carribbean, where I won't have to pay any taxes to the country that I supposedly love, as I outsource their jobs, and screw the government out of paying my fair share of taxes, and laugh about all the debt the little guy is gong to have to pay donw, to support we corporate fascists, who buy all the Republican politicians we need to keep all the money, tax cuts, and subsidies flowing at me, while I screw and exploit the Middle class that is struggling to find a job, and pay for fuel.

Does any Republican ever address all the debts that are accruing as Bush and the Republicans keep cutting taxes? Do they ever think about how the REpublican economic policies have weakened our dollar, and threatens our National Security? Or what this fiasco is costing us in Iraq? I don't think so. The trickle down theory does not work, it never has, and it never will. Corporations will never regulate themselves. WE'd all be living with lead on our walls if it were left up to the REpublicans. Now, Bush is going to do away with endangered species protections, so big business can kill all our animals, we're already in danger of loosing the honey bee, the hell with it if every third mouthfull we eat is dependent on them.

Republicans represent the corporate fascist pigs, that pollute our environment, hide their money in the carribbean, and outsource our jobs. PIGS!

Gayle in Md.

</span>
</div></div>

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 12:25 PM
You really don't have a clue about anything, Ed. That's why every post you make is nothing but another insult. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

wolfdancer
08-12-2008, 12:52 PM
lately, all Ed has are non answers. While he has always been smug, mean, arrogant, intolerant...etc,etc....he at least tried to use logic to get his message across. But now he takes the low road instead

Gayle in MD
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
He's hopeless. Denial is his only ally. Denial, and the temper tantrums akin to McCain! It's a Republican illness. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
08-13-2008, 04:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lately, all Ed has are non answers. While he has always been smug, mean, arrogant, intolerant...etc,etc....he at least tried to use logic to get his message across. But now he takes the low road instead
</div></div>

Substitude "ed" for most anyone on this board lately and you've got yourself a true statement. Lately the response to most any of my posts are basically a referendum of "well republicans do this" rather than any type of response to what I said originally. The only thing worse than a quote unquote "non answer" is answering a question with a question. but then again, I don't expect much more these days.

Sack