PDA

View Full Version : A Personal Message From Sack (poker related)

sack316
08-13-2008, 04:02 AM
the following is a copy of a bulletin/blog post from my myspace page. A few of you on here were signed on as affiliates through myself on certain poker sites, but I felt it necessary to post my feelings and situation publicly in each avenue of which I am involved. This may not matter to anyone on the NPR side who reads this, but I still felt it right as a personal update to those who do care and to those who were a part of the "brand name" which has become (is/was) myself. I will not specify individuals in the interest of privacy, but any and all comment are... as always... very welcome...

also, please forgive any language issues as far as profanity goes, this is just a copy and paste from my own personal ventures. So the style and language may differ from my usual posts on here. my myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/sack316
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so true friends, that have been here for some time...

remember a few years ago and I started fucking up, and blah blah blah... then jail, then rehab, then jail for a little while again? Well most of you were there, and those that weren't are pretty well caught up now if you know me at all, you know the gory details. And if you weren't there, it's not hard to figure out. And if by some chance by knowing me you haven't figured out my past, feel free to ask me and I will tell you.

But today is a special day. An extra special kinda day, that nobody knows about. As my new default pic will allude to. Today my contract and obligations will officially expire to the people I shall whore out no more. Yes, those who were there will recall the days when I earned a poker sponsorship. It was exciting, it was "new" at the time. But soon government legislation followed, and narrowed down the options for both myself and the people I was working for at the time. I don't blame "those people" for what followed, but the bottom line is that it did wind up being bullshit... from whoever's ass it flowed.

In the end, I made my money, and they made their money off of me and my name at the time (at which time I was a reputable player and author for the poker game, for those who don't know). A matter of circumstance led to the disaster that followed after what seemed a marriage made in bliss between myself and not so said un-named company.

After some money bull crap, and “misunderstandings” with that company, I thought ways were parted. But apparently it was not so. See, I wanted to prove a point. A point Chris Ferguson had proven before. The point being that through smart money management and good play, that one could turn nothing into enough to buy into the main event at the WSOP. That would mean turning zero dollars into ten grand over a years time. I thought I could do that, and may well could have… but said company chimed in and pointed out that I worked for them during this time. And to their credit, they were right. I could freely take their money and play in any tournament for free in which they were a part of. Just as well I could take cash on any site they were affiliated with, and run with it as I pleased. But the bottom line was, whatever I did, they were a ten percent part of… period. I won’t even lie, they were legally correct… no matter how shitty it was, they owned my poker loving ass for a certain time frame.

So what choice did I have? I could either just lose my ass off and hope they dropped me. Nah, I got too much pride for that. Plus, losing is something that is just not in my system. So I do the next best thing,. I play the bare minimum to satisfy my contract for the last year or so, and call it good. They forged my name on repeated articles, they get my screen name showing up in tournaments, and they get what they bargained for. I got my part on day one. Let them have theirs the rest of the time. They got to feature “sack316” as a bounty in a tourney every month. They got to use what was once an up and coming name to sell their “product”. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t blame them for doing what they had to do given the situation at the time. It was a good deal at both ends before things changed. But once they did, I can’t be blamed either for getting mine and getting out.

So what does this mean… after all of the B.S.? It means that now legally my contract has expired. My own works, my personal thoughts as it relates to poker once again belong to only myself. Even better than that is that my own playing time is now just that… MY OWN playing time. With nobody getting a cut, with nobody selling the Sack name. Just me, and my own money out to conquer the world just as it was before this whole thing started.

So now, with no obligations to fill, and with no allegiances that I am forced to stand by due to prior obligations… let me state for the record that I will be playing exclusively at Full Tilt Poker… one of the few sites that stood by American players when the government was cracking down. Also, for the record… let me say fuck Pacific Poker (888.com) and party poker (partypoker.com) for turning their backs on us. We made you who you were, now you are nothing without us. We gambled with you, you shoulda taken a gamble on us. Full tilt, and very few others chose to stay the course… and they shall be rewarded for doing so.

As far as a personal standpoint… well I’m just saying I’m back bitches. Don’t dare call it a comeback though, you were all just striving to be me in the first place anyway. You followed along, now see what I can really do… when it’s just me against the world. No backers, no sponsors, no bullshit. No fancy “pro” tag on FTP… just me, my money, and my game showing you how it was meant to be done. The party is over bitches… daddy’s home again, and there ain’t nobody to hold me back now. And if by some chance you still don’t understand what’s going on, feel free to message me and I’ll be glad to try to explain it again. Otherwise, see ya on the tables. Just be ready to reload.

Sack (owns his own name again)

end post

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I thought myspace was for teens???
But don't worry about your final wishes expressed over there..
I saw the movie "Fargo" and have a plan....folks'll be able to say
"yup, he was a chip off the old block"

Deeman3
08-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Sack,

Go for it, never let 'em see you sweat. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey, how good were/are you?
I don't know anything about the pro circuit, but when I catch it on TV, I see the same people every time.
Had a friend once that was totally hooked on poker. Would get his bi-monthly paycheck, and then off to the card club, where he might lose it in a few hours. We all got tired of bailing him out after awhile. He ate at the nearby "pray for your free dinner" mission.
His dream was to make the $10k entry for the WS of poker.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's in some padded cell about now, they might even let him out once every four years to vote Republican...

sack316
08-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Wolfie, I've been told I was pretty good. I made a fair living through it at one point. I was working landscaping and playing poker part time for fun for a while, until I realized I was making more money playing than I was landscaping lol. So I dropped the landscaping /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Like anyone, I've had my good and bad streaks. I know a few games inside and out, but wouldn't dare consider myself to the level of those you see on TV regularly. I mean, I know the same things that they do but simply don't have the experience most of them do. My poker game is much like my pool playing: when I'm on it's a thing of beauty, when I'm not it can get as ugly as anything you've ever seen in your life /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Such as my first session officially back... started off actually playing very well and averaged making about a dollar a minute for the first while. Somewhere along the way I just lost my focus, started making bad plays, and basically played about as stupid as I could. Wound up down lol. 'tis the game.

Oh, and the myspace thing... well mentally I am at a teen level so I do belong /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Chopstick
08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Sack, do you know anything about people using 'bots in the online poker rooms? I had another poker player tell me about them. I am fooling around with building an AI cluster and I wanted to have a look at some of the algorithms I think they use, if I can track down the source code.

sack316
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
yeah, there are some bots out there. Most sites will deny that any exist on their sites, but it's pretty naive to believe that it doesn't happen. A search will provide a lot of looks into some... many of witch are BS, but some seem legit.

I'm not sure if it's open source or not, but for what you're doing I suggest taking a look at "Poker Academy" software. It's a very effective and advanced learning tool some players use, far ahead of what anyone else has done as far as simulating games. The AI opponents actually learn to adapt to you and your play! Which forces you, in turn, to learn to switch up what you are doing lest you are "figured out" by the AI. While not technically a "bot" per say, the workings behind it would be basically what the bots use anyway.

When you get that all figured out and in the works... I'd be glad to try it out for ya... anytime I can make money without doing anything is a good thing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif let me know if that was any help to ya

Sack