PDA

View Full Version : The Edwards Payoffs...Story Not True

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 10:04 AM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/100/story/48073.html

Man who paid Edwards' lover says he was unaware of affair
By Lorenzo Perez | Raleigh News and Observer
The former campaign finance chairman for John Edwards said this morning he was unaware of Edwards' affair with campaign videographer Rielle Hunter when he paid to move her to California last year.

In an e-mail this morning to The News & Observer, Dallas lawyer Fred Baron wrote, "I will re-state what I have previously stated on one point: I learned of the affair only a few weeks ago and had previously presumed that the 'tabloid' stuff was all bogus."

In an interview Friday with ABC's "Nightline," former Senator Edwards admitted to having an affair with Hunter but denied being the father of her daughter, born Feb. 27 in Santa Barbara, Calif. Former campaign aide Andrew Young, who moved to the Santa Barbara area with his wife and three children last year with Baron's assistance, released a statement online last year claiming paternity.

A key national fundraiser for Democratic Party causes, Baron released his own statement Friday declaring that he had decided independently, without notifying Edwards, to help Hunter and Young "rebuild their lives when harassment by supermarket tabloids made it impossible for them to conduct a normal life." He paid for their move from Chapel Hill to California.

LWW
08-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Of course not ... he put it on the spoon and you swallowed it.

What more need be known?

LWW

pooltchr
08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Anyone looking to sell a bridge? Anyone who would believe this crock would surely be in the market to buy just about anything!

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh, so you know this man? Do tell us what you know about him.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-15-2008, 07:30 AM
AP

WASHINGTON - John Edwards' political action committee paid his mistress $14,000 after she stopped working for it to obtain 100 hours of unused videotape she had shot for his unsuccessful presidential campaign, an associate told The Associated Press on Thursday.

The woman, Rielle Hunter, already had been paid $100,000 for the programs.

The explanation which Edwards' advisers declined to discuss on the record is the first effort to justify the payment in April 2007 to Hunter. That payment came months before Edwards' chief fundraiser quietly began sending money himself to the pregnant woman.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edwards last week acknowledged he had an affair with Hunter in 2006. The former Democratic presidential contender and senator from North Carolina has denied any knowledge of those payments to Hunter from Fred Baron, Edwards' national finance chairman and a wealthy Dallas-based trial attorney. Baron also has described his payments to Hunter as a private transaction.

But the $14,000 payment to Hunter is significant because its source was Edwards' OneAmerica political action committee, whose expenditures are governed by U.S. election laws. Willfully converting money from a political action committee for personal use would have been a federal criminal violation.

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
I thought he said in the interview that she wass paid over $100,000.00 for her work. Seems to me, IIRC, he said it was roughly somewhere between $100,00.00 and $115,000.00.

Regardless, if he used campaign money to finance an affair, then he sould be held accouuntable.

Since we're so concerned about campaign money, perhaps our attention ought to be on McCain, who IS running, and who has some 70 lobbyists running his campaign, including lobbyists connected to rogue nations.

G.

Deeman3
08-15-2008, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since we're so concerned about campaign money, perhaps our attention ought to be on McCain, who IS running, and who has some 70 lobbyists running his campaign, including lobbyists connected to rogue nations.

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree and just as soon as he is caught porking one of those lobbyists and paying them over $1000 a minute for home movies, he should be held accountable as well especially if those rouge hookers are from Georgia! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 09:57 AM
I think we have more to lose from lobbyists, than hookers!

BTW, wasn't there a story about him doing just that?

G.

Deeman3
08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we have more to lose from lobbyists, than hookers!

BTW, wasn't there a story about him doing just that?

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, a fabrication by the NYT roundly critiqued as a smear job with absolutely not basis in fact. Much like the accounts of "everyone in Washingtom knew he was doing x,y & z", disingeuinously of the times the same press and individuals lauded him as a giant among Republicans. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't make disengenuous statements about my personal knowledge, IOW I don't lie about what I post here. Also, one of his former best friends, who willingly gave his name, has confirmed everything I've ever said about McCain's incredibly indiscrete behavior.

His obvious flip flops, however, are easily accessed. His website, also proves that he falls way short of any real substantive explanations on his policies, far less exact information than Obama's.

You seem to forget, McCain's policies are the same as Bush. Like em?

G.

eg8r
08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Who really cares about this? Edwards is a nobody now and has no chance of being elected to anything. He is just the guy next door now.

eg8r

Deeman3
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You seem to forget, McCain's policies are the same as Bush. Like em?

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">If that were, in any way true, there would not be less than a 3% difference in the polls between McCain and Obama. and the last part, Like em? No, I have told you I will not vote for McCain as his policies are too close to Obama for me. </span>

eg8r
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Out of one side of Gayle's mouth she likes to spout BS like McCain is the same as Bush. Yet on the other side of her mouth she is telling us that this country is ready for change and the Dems will have a landslide victory over the nutty 28%. I guess when her mouth is running her eyes are closed as tight as possible.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of one side of Gayle's mouth she likes to spout BS like McCain is the same as Bush. <span style="color: #000066">he has supported every single thing Bush wanted, including torture. </span> Yet on the other side of her mouth she is telling us that this country is ready for change <span style="color: #000066">70% say the country is going in the wrong direction, hence, that would indicate that they want a change. </span> and the Dems will have a landslide victory over the nutty 28%. <span style="color: #000066"> That's a prediction, which I stand by.</span> I guess when her mouth is running her eyes are closed as tight as possible.

eg8r
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">You're blind, and hopeless, Sherlock. Go exercise somewhere. You're all revved up and making a foll out of yourself. </span>