PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax update- FBI changes story!

Qtec
08-15-2008, 09:24 AM
The FBI selectively leaked the news that Bruce Ivins had taken personal leave on September 17, 2001; they seemed to be arguing that Ivins had taken leave to drive to Princeton, all in time to return for an appointment that evening.

A partial log of Ivins's work hours shows that he worked late in the lab on the evening of Sunday, Sept. 16, signing out at 9:52 p.m. after two hours and 15 minutes. The next morning, the sources said, he showed up as usual but stayed only briefly before taking leave hours. Authorities assume that he drove to Princeton immediately after that, dropping the letters in a mailbox on a well-traveled street across from the university campus.

<u>But then some DFH bloggers pointed out that that theory was impossible.</u>

It would not be possible for Ivins to have mailed the anthrax. According to my calculations above, the window during which Ivins could have put the letter in the mailbox on September 17 was from 10:25 to 1:35. But here's what the FBI itself says about the window in which the letter was mailed:

The investigation examined Dr. Ivins's laboratory activity immediately before and after the window of opportunity for the mailing of the Post and Brokaw letters to New York which began at 5:00 p.m. Monday, September 17,2001 and ended at noon on Tuesday, September 18, 2001. [my emphasis]

<u>In other words, had he mailed the anthrax when they're arguing he did, the letter would have been picked up at the 5:00 PM pick-up (if not an earlier one--often boxes have a mid-day pick-up as well), and post-marked on September 17, not on September 18</u>.

So, after their operative theory couldn't even withstand the scrutiny of the DFHs in the world, they revised their theory.

Meanwhile, government sources offered more detail about Ivins's movements on a critical day in the case: when letters were dropped into the postal box on Princeton's Nassau Street, across the street from the university campus.

Investigators now believe that Ivins waited until evening to make the drive to Princeton on Sept. 17, 2001. He showed up at work that day and stayed briefly, then took several hours of administrative leave from the lab, according to partial work logs. Based on information from receipts and interviews, authorities say Ivins filled up his car's gas tank, attended a meeting outside of the office in the late afternoon, and returned to the lab for a few minutes that evening <u>before moving off the radar screen and presumably</u> driving overnight to Princeton. The letters were postmarked Sept. 18.

Wow. Just shows how weak their case is! They haven't got a clue. They are just guessing.
When shown that their 'evidence' actually exonerates him, they change the 'evidence'- if you can call it 'evidence'.
Q

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd like to know what they're covering up. Looks to me like the someone from the same ol' Mushroom Cloud bunch also had a biological weapons threat in mind.

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself!"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif