PDA

View Full Version : School Blamed in Gay Kid's Death

Deeman3
08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
VENTURA, Calif. - The family of a gay teenager who was fatally shot in class blames the school district for allowing their son to wear makeup and feminine clothing to school factors the family claims led to the death.

The parents and brother of 15-year-old Larry King of Oxnard filed a personal injury claim against the Hueneme school district seeking unspecified damages for not enforcing the dress code.

King, an eighth-grader at E.O. Green Junior High School, was shot in February. Classmate Brandon McInerney pleaded not guilty to the shooting last week. He was charged as an adult and also faces a charge of a committing a hate crime.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I wonder if these same parents would have been filing a discrimination suit if the school has not allowed him to dress like a girl? </span>

sack316
08-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I was wondering the same thing you were when I read this deeman. I am fairly certain there would have been some kind of action taken had the school not allowed their baby to be himself.

Sue the hell out of the McInerney family... that I can see. But what good is it gonna do to try to bankrupt what I'm sure is an already struggling school system? I could MAYBE see some kind of merit... MAYBE... if they sued the school for being unable to prevent a firearm from entering the building. But for not enforcing the dress code? Puhlease... I'd almost think that kind of civil suit could actually help the shooter in his criminal case.

Sack

wolfdancer
08-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Somebody should sue the parents for allowing the kid to put himself in jeopardy for bodily harm, although they never figured he would be murdered. did they not ever hear of Matthew Shephard?

eg8r
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
What the heck is wrong with the parents? What their child wears is their responsibility not the school's responsiblity. These parent's don't want to take responsibility for their own deficiencies in parenting.

eg8r