PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Real Elitist Here?

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "McCain's worth over $100 million. "He owns 10 houses...he flies around on a $12.6 million corporate jet...he walks around in $520 Italian loafers."

</div></div>

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/08/big_union_drops_tough_mailer_h.php

eg8r
08-15-2008, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"McCain's worth over $100 million. "He owns 10 houses...he flies around on a $12.6 million corporate jet...he walks around in $520 Italian loafers."</div></div>Why didn't this bother you with Kerry? Is it only ok to be an elitist if you are a Dem? More of Gayle's double standards taking front stage.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
$ 520 shoes????
My entire wardrobe ain't worth $520...but if Nehru jackets ever come back in style, I'll be ahead of the trend...well, that and my seersucker casual suits.
And I fly around on an even more expensive airplane, at a discount from Southwest

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
LOL, too funny!

Hey, I need to thank you for your great funny posts. You've given me a lot of laughs over the years!

Love,
Gayle

eg8r
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$ 520 shoes????</div></div>Wasn't it Kerry or Edwards that was flying across the country in the afternoon to get his $200+ dollar haircut? Why is all this excess an issue with you now but not when Kerry and Edwards were doing the same thing?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Ed,

McCain is the one who jumped up with the accusations against Obama, calling him an elitist. The quote is from the story I posted. The link is right there. Do you have an opinion about the subject, or just more of the same old BS? YOU are the one who attacked both Edwards, aaaaaaand Kerry on elitism. why are you making it a non issue for MCcain?

Same old double standard?

eg8r
08-15-2008, 01:30 PM
My post is to you, not a response to McCain. However, if McCain is an elitist does that somehow make it UNTRUE that Obama is? Tell, how many black men do you believe will agree with McCain? Do you really think they are going to evaluate McCain's wealth first before making the decision?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-15-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/14...ing-smear-book/ (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/08/14/unfit-for-publication-obama-camp-debunks-lies-in-right-wing-smear-book/)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if McCain is an elitist does that somehow make it UNTRUE that Obama is? </div></div>
Why don't you educate yourself and make up your own mind.

wolfdancer
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Did I complain?...i was commentating in reference to Gayle's post

Deeman3
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd think both candidates with net worths of over $10 million might qualify for elitist status. It's not like we have elected many very poor people to the White House anyway.

All this focus on name calling is making it harder to find the real faults with both these guys. Who cares if they are elitists? We are not electing Dale Earnhardt Jr.

pooltchr
08-15-2008, 07:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We are not electing Dale Earnhardt Jr. </div></div>

Probably a much better choice than the ones that are going to be on the ballot in November!
A race on every television, and a beer in every refrigerator! I could probably support that campaign!

Steve

Qtec
08-15-2008, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My post is to you, not a response to McCain. However, if McCain is an elitist does that somehow make it UNTRUE that Obama is? </div></div>

The point is, McCain called Obama an elitest which is a personal attack, is it not? Nothing to do with the issues. McCain also called Obama a celebrity. Personal attack?
There is now a long list of personal attacks coming from McCain and when someone [ Gayle]shows him to be a big fat hypocrite you squeal, "what about Kerry, what about Clinton, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa............"
Can't you EVER keep on topic. Did you read the thread title?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell, how many black men do you believe will agree with McCain? Do you really think they are going to evaluate McCain's wealth first before making the decision?

eg8r </div></div>

So blacks vote for blacks?

You have really lost it.

McCain the celebrity (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0564587/)

trust me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3ix2tcBNM)

Q

sack316
08-16-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm confused now. So is McCain an elitist and above us all and out of touch with the common man... or is he a dumb dumb who is below even Joe Blow?

And yet still... as horrible as he apparently is either way, we sit here with a real race on our hands in a year and situation in which an election should be nothing more than a formality anyway.

Sack

sack316
08-16-2008, 03:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So blacks vote for blacks?
</div></div>

Nah, I guess just for democrats, and not the "white party"... according to Dean at least

"If you look at folks of color, even women, they're more successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh, excuse me, in the Republican Party..." (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean, 8/15/08)

Sack

wolfdancer
08-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Sack, the real elitist here is:
drum roll
x
x
x
x
x
ED

sack316
08-16-2008, 04:06 AM
dangit wolfie, I hate this things. I'm always nominated but never win. I thought I was a shoe in this time. Don't get me wrong, it's still an honor to be nominated, but it's still disappointing to watch someone else take home that trophy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
08-16-2008, 04:15 AM
We are not electing Dale Earnhardt Jr.

AND, why not?
He's at least as qualified as Arnold, and he speaks English, without a German accent.
and how about George Murphy, a song and dance guy,
or Jesse Ventura, a wrestler
who can forget The Gipper, and Bonzo's beloved companion (I'm trying to)
And now another song and dance guy, GWB...he dances to Cheney's music
I'll vote for Dale!!!!...he ain't one of them effete intellectuals, is he?

Gayle in MD
08-16-2008, 09:31 AM
I agree, and think that Republicans should stop all their usual smear tactics for atleast ONE election. The country is in such a mess, we cannot afford another Republican swift boat styled election, IMO.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
08-16-2008, 09:35 AM
A well hidden secret, Little Bushy actually played the supporting role in Reagan's movie, "Bedtime for Bonzo" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
08-16-2008, 09:40 AM
No, not exactly, McCain is mentally unstable, a liar and hyocrite, who said he wasn't going to stoop to smear tactics, but has done nothing but!

I won't bother listing all the lies he has told about Obama, and now Mary Matlin has published one of the most slimy political books ever written, by Jerome Corsi, the former Swift Boater.

If you can't see the difference between the way Obama has operated, and the way McCain has operated, I'm worried about you, friend. I hope you aren't just another un "Ed" ucated voter!!! Who only cherry picks propaganda, like the administration, and their voting base. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
08-16-2008, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> mentally unstable, a liar and hyocrite,</div></div>

I was already well aware that he was a politician

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-16-2008, 09:49 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Good one!

wolfdancer
08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
08-18-2008, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"McCain's worth over $100 million. "He owns 10 houses...he flies around on a $12.6 million corporate jet...he walks around in $520 Italian loafers."</div></div>Why didn't this bother you with Kerry? Is it only ok to be an elitist if you are a Dem? More of Gayle's double standards taking front stage.

eg8r </div></div>
We all know the answer ... Kerry wore the golden (D) on the ballot.

This is merely regurgitated by Gayle because it was pap placed on the spoon.

LWW