PDA

View Full Version : World's fastest...

wolfdancer
08-17-2008, 11:33 PM
anybody see the men's 100 meter race last nite?
Usain Bolt won the race in record time, but near the end checked his watch, waved to the crowd, looked in the stands to see if John Candy was there (ala Joe Montana), and jogged the last 10 meters....well that's what it looked like to me.....

sack316
08-18-2008, 03:34 AM
didn't see the race itself, but saw the highlight... which I guess was actually longer than the race itself anyway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Yeah, I hate to see what he would have posted had he not pulled up to admire his work. At least the guy enjoyed himself I suppose.

Sack

pooltchr
08-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Someone asked him why he didn't go all out to smash the world record (He did a pretty good job anyway) and he said, I just wanted to win...it was my own record anyway.
I almost believe he could have bettered 9.5

Steve

Deeman3
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Maybe 9.6 or 9.65. At least he could have strained a little!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-18-2008, 10:12 AM
I bet this guy could beat him

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/Wally-Cincinnati/walkonwater.jpg

wolfdancer
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
LOL !!!
Wally, I'm beginning to suspect that beneath that gruff exterior,you have a sense of humor???

Wally_in_Cincy
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL !!!
Wally, I'm beginning to suspect that beneath that gruff exterior,you have a sense of humor??? </div></div>

Generally speaking, conservatives are content and not bitter like...

uh...

never mind.

wolfdancer
08-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I don't think he broke a sweat in the 200 m either....
I wonder if this will change these events for the future...until now, the racers were about 5'10", and the consensus was that a tall man couldn't accelerate fast enough to compete...or maybe he is just the likes of which, we'll never see again???

sack316
08-18-2008, 11:31 PM
yeah, the conventional wisdom is that a man of his size wouldn't be able to compete at that level. But then again, I bet years ago the conventional wisom would have been the same when talking about a 5'10" sprinter as well, whereas now it's status quo. So we may just be getting a glimpse into the future.

By the way, isn't his last name absolutely perfect for a sprinter?

Sack