PDA

View Full Version : pro's

gunzo
08-18-2008, 01:48 AM
hey guys,
i was just wondering how do you turn pro? has anyone on this forum done it?

pooltchr
08-18-2008, 04:30 AM
Mail your membership application and check to the UPA.

(It's more difficult for women...they actually have to play their way on to the pro tour)

Steve

Rich R.
08-18-2008, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mail your membership application and check to the UPA.

(It's more difficult for women...they actually have to play their way on to the pro tour)

Steve </div></div>
Gunzo, don't think Steve is being smart here. He is telling you the truth. You can be a "pro player" just by joining the UPA, and anyone can join.

If you really want to be a "pro player", start by entering as many regional tournaments as you can. If you are on the east coast, there are a number of regional tours you can join, the Tiger Tour, the Joss Tour, the Blaze Tour, etc. The pool magazines list results from most of them and you can google their web sites for schedules and other information.

Once you start winning, or finishing in the top 5 of most of the events you enter, you can think about entering pro tournaments. In January, IIRC, you can always go to the Derby City Classic and enter one or more of their tournaments to test yourself against the best in the world for a cheap entry price.

Good luck and let us know how your doing.

gunzo
08-18-2008, 10:53 AM
thats the only problem i live in canada, im not really sure of any tours in toronto or even close to

Rich R.
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats the only problem i live in canada, im not really sure of any tours in toronto or even close to </div></div>
IIRC, there is a Canadian Tour, but I don't have any more information about it.

Ask the best players in your area. One of them should know about any tours in your area.