PDA

View Full Version : Rick Warren's 20 Questions Show

Deeman3
08-18-2008, 07:17 AM
So, How did they do? I thought both did well and that they pretty well both fell on the side fo their base. McCain was more entertaining and Obama more nuanced in his answers.

I thought the format was fair and a pretty good showcase for both men. I think Warren required they did little or no direct attacking of the other candidate and that made it, for me, much more informative.

Now that the Christians have had such a forum, is it now appropriate that the extreamist Muslims or the far left now get similar such occasions to question the candidates?

Gayle in MD
08-18-2008, 07:29 AM
It wasn't fair. Warren stated that McCain was in a cone of silence the entire time.

He wasn't.

I posted about it this morning, and Andrea Mitchell, of all people, pointed it out yesterday on Meet The Press. It has since been confirmed. Of course, no one can prove what McCain was listening to in his limo, with all his aides, and all their blackberry's, and all the live coverage, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif but he definately was not in a cone of silence.

My take on his answers was that he answered with his talking points, and exploited his POW experience, as he always does. He never fails to bring it into his statements and answers to questions that often have nothing to do with the initial question. It's as though he's saying, you owe me this presidency, because I was tortured. Gee, I guess that makes all the so called enemy combatants viable candidates, too.

McCain's lies about everything really put me off, especially about oil.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?...lysis/ongr.html (http://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=offshore-drilling-controversy.htm&url=http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html)

Deeman3
08-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Good. I do wonder if McCain "exploiting" his military service is different from Obama "exploiting" his time organizing Unions in Chicago but fair enough.

Any opther thought out there? Was Warren's questions fair assuming that the cone of silence thing may be a ploy, for now anyway.

wolfdancer
08-18-2008, 09:59 AM
I think the Pope should get the next shot, since I recently found out that we Catholics are not Christians, in the beliefs of many.

Deeman3
08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the Pope should get the next shot, since I recently found out that we Catholics are not Christians, in the beliefs of many. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Yes, ever since Martin Luther got his nail gun out, you guys have gotten a bad rap.

For the record, I fully believe that Catholics are as Christian as they come. I might think some of the clothes look "gay" but I love the pomp and circumstance. Reformation aside, I'd prefer the Catholic among us to the far right evangelicals that protest the war by showing up to disrupt soldier's funerals and probably give you wide margins from the Snake Handlers in Tennessee. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't think the Rick Warren show changed more than about 10 minds out there. </span>

Deeman3
08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
It seems from all reports last night, that McCain clearly did not have a "listen in" and even the Obama people are not claiming that.

I guess the old geezer just does well in question and answer sessions, like he has historically in town hall meetings.

With that behind them, I hope the debates go as well and they have civil discourse, not name calling.

I hope we can all agree, it should be the issues and not the gatcha stuff in these elections. If either go very negative, it will cost them the election, I think.

As I said, if Obama goes much further right and McCain moves more to the left, we won't know which hand to use to vote with.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems from all reports last night, that McCain clearly did not have a "listen in" and even the Obama people are not claiming that.

</div></div>

I heard Rick Warren interviewed yesterday and he said unequivocally that McCain was in the green room with Secret Service and Saddleback staff and there was no cheating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the old geezer just does well in question and answer sessions, like he has historically in town hall meetings.

</div></div>

Because he has convictions, whether or not one agrees with them. Like Reagan, he does not have to remember what his stance is.

sack316
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Even the link in the other thread said the "issue" was not if McCain "cheated" or not, but whether or not he had the ability to cheat. I guess the next thing should be to get a subpoena to make sure the coin used to decide who goes first was two sided.

Also---unconfirmed to myself, so may or may not be true--- but word on the street is that they both actually did know some of the questions before hand anyway... to put them at ease that this would not be a forum based on religion.

At any rate, BOTH did well and I thought this format was very good. Maybe next time they can use two studios with two different hosts reading the same questions, alternating back and forth. And (optional) for the sake of fun, fill McCain's audience with liberals and Obama's with conservatives. Might be fun to see how they do having to sweat out a crowd reaction that may not be polite /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Chopstick
08-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Cone Of Silence. Yeah, now that's the ticket. Where can I get me one of those things? I would be able to stand having a woman in the house for more than two days in a row if I had me one of those. I could even tie it to a button on my universal remote.

When she gets on your nerves, just hit the button and go on to the next channel. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
08-19-2008, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard Rick Warren interviewed yesterday and he said unequivocally that McCain was in the green room with Secret Service and Saddleback staff and there was no cheating.
</div></div>

That's funny. He was on Larry King last night, and admitted that McCain was not there when the questioning started.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
08-19-2008, 04:42 PM
That's funny. He was on Larry King last night, and said there was only one question that he was going to tell them both in advance, but decided it wouldn't be fair, since McCain wasn't there when he began questioning Obama, so he decided not to ask the question of Obama, either, since he knew he wouldn't be able to give them both equal thinking opportunity in advance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I think we already know he has the ability to cheat, just ask his first wife.

I thought several of the questions had religious implications.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Gayle in MD
08-19-2008, 05:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">August 18, 2008
Categories: John McCain

Dept. of pre-emptive outrage

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis writes NBC to complain that Andrea Mitchell reported on the suggestion "that McCain may not have been in the cone of silence and may have had some ability to overhear what the questions were to Obama. He seemed so well prepared," as Mike Allen reports.

Also, McCain's camp confirms he wasn't in the cone of silence, though there was no TV in the car. (There were, presumably, blackberries; though in fact, no evidence has emerged that McCain had the (obvious!) questions early, and Warren, not McCain, made the claim that he was in a sealed room.)

Meanwhile, Nicole Wallace plays the POW card to swat down the suggestion McCain cheated:

“The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous,” Ms. Wallace said.

August 18, 2008
Categories: John McCain

</div></div>

If you go to McCain's website, you will see that they admitted he was not in the"Cone Of Silence throughout.

wolfdancer
08-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Like Reagan, he does not have to remember what his stance is.

An interesting choice of words....or was that a double entendre?

Qtec
08-20-2008, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [

If you go to McCain's website, you will see that they admitted he was not in the"Cone Of Silence throughout.
</div></div>

The Rev W lied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> NOW WHAT I'VED ECIDED IS TOA LLOW FOR PROPER
COMPARISON I'M GOING TO ASK IDENTICAL QUESTIONS TO EACH OF
THESE CANDIDATES SO YOU CAN COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES.NOW
SENATOR OBAMA IS GOING TO GO FIRST.WE FLIPPED A COIN.
AND WE HAVE SAFELY PLACED SENATOR MCCAIN IN A CONE OF
SILENCE.</div></div>

Rev W said on Fox that "10 minutes before they began McCain had not arrived but by the time they were on stage he assumed he was there"[ In the green room" ]
This might be true if McCain was just late but according to Fox news, McCain never intended to turn up on time. Watch video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E65QjQZbZUM)

So, if the Rev W KNEW that McCain was coming late, how can he assume that McCain would be in the Green Room when his talk with Obama began? He totally mislead Obama and the audience.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Absolutely. He has tripped himself up numberous times on this subject. Just another Republican scam. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

eg8r
08-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Q can you find any news articles that state McCain and Warren were in cahoots with each other? What you have stated is that it was not McCains intention of being on time, that has nothing to do with Warren. There is a gigantic chance that Warren actually thought McCain was there in the room. You even state that Warren assumed McCain was there so the statement is not a lie, he was just wrong.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 09:28 AM
He already stated on Larry King's show that he ommitted a question (he had decided would be unfair unless he told them both in advance) because McCain wasn't there before he started with Obama.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

eg8r
08-20-2008, 09:29 AM
I was just commenting on the text Q typed.

eg8r

Qtec
08-20-2008, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There is a gigantic chance that Warren actually thought McCain was there in the room.</div></div>

No there isn't. I just proved that with the video.

Why would he 'assume' that McCain was in the Green Room when he knew beforehand that McCain was going to be late?

Give me one reason[ a real reason] as to why Rev W thought M was in the GR?

Nobody has to prove McCain had foreknowledge of the Qs. The fact is that he put himself in a position that raises suspicion that he MIGHT have know the Qs.

Obama, [who we all know is the smart, intellectual elitist,] had to think about the Qs and when answering watch his words knowing that the RW will pounce on every misstatement etc.

McCain OTOH answered straight away and was coherent- totally unlike him. It was almost as if he knew the Qs and had a prepared answer.

Warren is totally for McCain and his impartiality is in question.
The fact is he assured Obama and everyone else that M was in a place where he couldn't know the Qs. That was a lie.
Warrens 'cone of silence'now means 'trust McCain'.

If you ask me, Obama got set up.

Q
[What should have happened was that both men should be on stage. They flip a coin and the one that goes second should be in a place where he cannot hear the Qs. That would have been fair.]

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Really, they should have to stand and answer questions from the audience, and the audience should have numbers, drawn, in sight of the camera, from a pot at random. We The People should be asking the questions, not some flunky pastor.

The entire format was slanted toward McCain on its face. The fact that that apparently wasn't enough protection for McCain's often observed, lagging responses and signs of senility, he had to get himself an additional edge by listening on the radio, in his car, speaks for itself.

The very idea that a man who cheated on his wife for years, is above cheating to win the White House, is absurd, particularly a Republican man.

He stated in his own book that he only reason for running before, was his ambition to be president. Pure and simple. In fact, the actual statements he made about the reason why he ran, were even more condemning to his overall character. I wish I could remember them.

Obama put himself out there in a format that he knew was not really fair, and McCain didn't have enough self-confidence to go without cheating.

End of story.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
08-20-2008, 11:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No there isn't. I just proved that with the video.
</div></div>Your video is of a guy named carl cameron speaking. Carl is the guy with the knowledge of McCain's late arrival. As paraphrased in your own text, "Rev W said on Fox that "10 minutes before they began McCain had not arrived but by the time they were on stage he assumed he was there".

PER YOUR POST, WARREN HAD NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE THAT MCCAIN WOULD BE LATE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give me one reason[ a real reason] as to why Rev W thought M was in the GR?</div></div>I don't care if he did or not. I am merely pointing out that you are assuming too much in an attempt to cause controversy. What reasons do you have to not believe Warren?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you ask me, Obama got set up. </div></div> Have you noticed no one EVER bothers to ask you? That should be a clue for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact is he assured Obama and everyone else that M was in a place where he couldn't know the Qs. That was a lie. </div></div>How can you believe that was a fact if you give us the text that says he assumed McCain would be in the room when the questions began? You want to pin a lie on the guy without even thinking about what you are saying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[What should have happened was that both men should be on stage. They flip a coin and the one that goes second should be in a place where he cannot hear the Qs. That would have been fair.]
</div></div>No that would not have been fair because it would have been a change of rules after both parties agreed to the prior rules.

eg8r

eg8r
08-20-2008, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The very idea that a man who cheated on his wife for years, is above cheating to win the White House, is absurd, particularly a Republican man.</div></div>There goes the double standard. You just cannot help yourself. When will you believe your own BS that personal affairs have nothing to do with politics or how the person will perform on the job?

Obama put himself out there because he thought he might have a chance to re-attract the Christian community that would certainly be watching. He was wrong.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 12:06 PM
We knew you wouldn't get it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Qtec
08-20-2008, 12:32 PM
OMG!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your video is of a guy named carl cameron speaking. Carl is the guy with the knowledge of McCain's late arrival. As paraphrased in your own text, "Rev W said on Fox that "10 minutes before they began McCain had not arrived but by the time they were on stage he assumed he was there".

PER YOUR POST, WARREN HAD NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE THAT MCCAIN WOULD BE LATE.</div></div>

Are you claiming that Fox news knew M was coming late but Rev Warren didn't? Thats absurd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't care if he did or not. </div></div>

I didn't ask you if you cared.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What reasons do you have to not believe Warren? </div></div>

hello! Earth calling eg8r..........? Are you BLIND? I have just given you my reasons with supporting evidence. What you got?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How can you believe that was a fact if you give us the text that says he assumed McCain would be in the room when the questions began? You want to pin a lie on the guy without even thinking about what you are saying. </div></div>

Here is the video. He makes the 'assumed, statement at the end.
fox news (http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=3036142&referralPlaylistId=0bc56e415b2e04a215f6a3dba55a340 2fc523c09)

Notice how the Rev avoids actually answering the questions.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hello! Earth calling eg8r..........? Are you BLIND? <span style="color: #000066">Yes! </span> I have just given you my reasons with supporting evidence. What you got? <span style="color: #000066">The usual, Nothing! More pointless, irrational denials and insults, what does he ever have? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </span>
</div></div>

eg8r
08-21-2008, 09:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you claiming that Fox news knew M was coming late but Rev Warren didn't? Thats absurd.
</div></div>No you idiot, I am claiming YOU don't know what Warren knew. You have nothing to go on and want to call everyone else a liar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hello! Earth calling eg8r..........? Are you BLIND? I have just given you my reasons with supporting evidence. What you got?</div></div>Your supporting evidence does not show us that Warren knew McCain would not be in the room when questioning began. He knew McCain was late 10 minutes prior but thought McCain would be in place by the time questioning started.

You do your best to find conspiracies when there probably are none. Keep looking though, you know even the blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.

eg8r

Qtec
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you claiming that Fox news knew M was coming late but Rev Warren didn't? Thats absurd.
</div></div>No you idiot, I am claiming YOU don't know what Warren knew. You have nothing to go on and want to call everyone else a liar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hello! Earth calling eg8r..........? Are you BLIND? I have just given you my reasons with supporting evidence. What you got?</div></div>Your supporting evidence does not show us that Warren knew McCain would not be in the room when questioning began. He knew McCain was late 10 minutes prior but thought McCain would be in place by the time questioning started.

You do your best to find conspiracies when there probably are none. Keep looking though, you know even the blind squirrel eventually finds a nut.

eg8r </div></div>

LOL. You slam me with.....!

"YOU don't know what Warren knew."

...........but you now claim to know what W knew....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He knew McCain was late 10 minutes prior but thought McCain would be in place by the time questioning started. </div></div>

You KNOW and I don't? Is that your argument? LOL

Try and follow.
McCain was ALWAYS coming late. Even Fox News knew that.[ watch the video]
The Rev W says he assumed McCain had arrived but that cannot be true because there was NO REASON to assume McCain would be there for the start. McCain was coming late. Fox knew it and you can believe when I say the Rev W knew it also.

The good Rev W assured a level playing field and has now become an apologist for HIS choice, McCain.
HE was the one who announced the format and HE was the one that said it would be unfair for one candidate to know the Qs and He was the one who said they would be safely tucked away in a CoS, ie incommunicado.
Now its all a joke he says. Sorry, doesn't fly. Its time the good Rev got grilled by a real reporter because the whole episode stinks.

Q

Deeman3
08-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Q,

You gotta get over this and grow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif After all the softball questions he got in all the debates, you can't have him soft served all the time. Just every six months or so he has to actually answer a question. He din't do bad. he just has to go back to avoiding answering questions again. Problem solved.

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM
He answered them, he jus didn't answer with stupid knee jerk responses to thrill the war mongering right wing religous fanatics, such as, when asked what to do about evil...

"Defeat it!" he answered, with vigor!

The dumbest statement I've ever heard in my life!

"Defeat It!" LMAO! Neospeak for drum up more enemies, and fight more wars, with people we owe money to, or pesently need oil from, but don't bother sending our special ops to search out a realtivly smaller number of religious fanatics who want to obliterate us, and are hated by most of our allies!

McCain is a joke!

The good pastor reiterated, after he knew damned well that McCain was not in the "Cone of silence" that McCain had been in the "Cone of slience throughout!"

Another republican scam, with aid and assistance from the Religious right, from the same desperate party.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

don't bother sending our special ops to search out a realtivly smaller number of religious fanatics who want to obliterate us, and are hated by most of our allies!

</div></div>

How do you know what Special Ops are doing? Did Weasely Clark write a chapter about it or something?

Special Ops, with the help of close air support and the Northern Alliance, pretty much conquered all the important areas of Afghanistan. What happened after that? They sent all the Special Ops home and said "Boys we don't need ya no more"?

It's very presumptuous of you to claim you know what Specal Ops are up to at any given time.

eg8r
08-21-2008, 11:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. You slam me with.....!

"YOU don't know what Warren knew."

...........but you now claim to know what W knew....
</div></div>No you idiot, I was paraphrasing your post. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You KNOW and I don't? Is that your argument? LOL</div></div>Nope, I already know I don't know, it is trying to get it through your thick head that you don't know either. I have only been using your post and your words in my responses. You claim he knew yet you give examples showing he did not. You then call him a liar. You are the liar here.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Fox knew it and you can believe when I say the Rev W knew it also. </div></div>I have never believed your lies and I will not start now. I am merely pointing out that based on the text YOU typed there is proof you are just speculating on something you know nothing about.

Keep looking for your nut. Maybe one day your conspiracies will come to fruition.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Defeat it!" he answered, with vigor!

The dumbest statement I've ever heard in my life!
</div></div>It is easy to understand why you would find that statement dumb. The reason being is that you are an appeaser and would actually embrace the terrorists understand their reasoning rather than kill them.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Special Ops had closed in on bin Laden, and asked for enforcements, ground and air. They didn't get them, because Iraq was the priority. Jawbreaker is the name of the book that tells the entire story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's very presumptuous of you to claim you know what Specal Ops are up to at any given time. </div></div>

It's very presumptous of you to think that I was referring to anything other than what I've read, which was written by the man who was there.

If you think all the important parts of Afghanistan were conquered, there's no need to debate the subject, with you, any further.

Had we conquered anything, including the Talliban, or al Qaeda, we wouldn't be gearing up to send back another ten thousand already abused troops!

I made no claim to know what special ops are doing today. I've read four books about what they did in o2 and o3. And many more which referenced the operations. How many have you read, Mr. pesumptuous?

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:05 PM
You're ill, Ed.

Qtec
08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're ill, Ed. </div></div>

Gayle, I give up. I don't know what more I can do.

I said, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Fox knew it and you can believe when I say the Rev W knew it also. </div></div>

eg8r said,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never believed your lies and I will not start now. I am merely pointing out that based on the text YOU typed there is proof you are just speculating on something you know nothing about. </div></div>

Even when I post a video of Fox News CONFIRMING what I say, he doesn't believe it because it does not fit in with his pre-concieved conclusions.

Sad.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 01:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made no claim to know what special ops are doing today. I've read four books about what they did in o2 and o3. And many more which referenced the operations. How many have you read, Mr. pesumptuous? </div></div>

Only two. It's hard to find the time. I work all day to support the slackers in our midst.

So I guess you win.

eg8r
08-21-2008, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even when I post a video of Fox News CONFIRMING what I say, he doesn't believe it because it does not fit in with his pre-concieved conclusions.
</div></div>Let me spell it out for simple-mind-Q. You say, "Fox knew so Warren knew, believe me." I state "I don't believe you because you are just speculating on something you know nothing about (read: you do not know what Warren knew)." Then you tell us that you posted a video of fox confirming what you said, BUT IT DID NOT CONFIRM WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!! The video only confirmed that Fox knew, NOT THAT WARREN KNEW.

eg8r

Qtec
08-22-2008, 03:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even when I post a video of Fox News CONFIRMING what I say, he doesn't believe it because it does not fit in with his pre-concieved conclusions.
</div></div>Let me spell it out for simple-mind-Q. You say, "Fox knew so Warren knew, believe me." I state "I don't believe you because you are just speculating on something you know nothing about (read: you do not know what Warren knew)." Then you tell us that you posted a video of fox confirming what you said, BUT IT DID NOT CONFIRM WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!! The video only confirmed that Fox knew, NOT THAT WARREN KNEW.

eg8r </div></div>

Are you seriously suggesting that the Rev W expected McCain to be there when he started his interview with Obama ?
Do you have anything at all to show that McCain intended to be there for the start?

For days before the Rev had been on tv talking about this Civil Forum. On the day itself it was continuously talked about and discussed. The CF was broadcast on 3 channels, radio, internet etc. Would McCain tell Fox [ ie half the friggin country ] he was coming late but not inform the Rev W or his people?

For thr rev not to know this HE would have to have been in a CoS.

Q

Qtec
08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
DeeMan, all I do is point out the obvious. The facts behind the smoke screen.

What I have shown is that you cannot trust J McCain and you cannot trust RW pastors who oppose Obama [ simply because of his pro- choice stance] to be fair when they are meddling in politics.

Do Evangelists have abortions? You bet they do.

Q...........

Deeman3
08-22-2008, 07:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DeeMan, all I do is point out the obvious. The facts behind the smoke screen.

What I have shown is that you cannot trust J McCain and you cannot trust RW pastors who oppose Obama [ simply because of his pro- choice stance] to be fair when they are meddling in politics.

Do Evangelists have abortions? You bet they do.

Q........... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Q, I know you really don't trust any of them, much like I do not. I don't think Warren hammered Obama and, on the whole, was pretty fair. However, these forums will go back and forth and not be the key to the election in the end. It will come down to who do the American publis (that votes) believe will A) Make their lives better and B) Protect us from harm.

Both men have weak cases on both fronts but are the best we have to offer at present.

Evangelists do have abortions and atheists do pray on occasion. We are imperfect beings, especially me. </span>

LWW
08-22-2008, 09:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't fair. Warren stated that McCain was in a cone of silence the entire time.

He wasn't.

I posted about it this morning, and Andrea Mitchell, of all people, pointed it out yesterday on Meet The Press. It has since been confirmed. Of course, no one can prove what McCain was listening to in his limo, with all his aides, and all their blackberry's, and all the live coverage, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif but he definately was not in a cone of silence.

My take on his answers was that he answered with his talking points, and exploited his POW experience, as he always does. He never fails to bring it into his statements and answers to questions that often have nothing to do with the initial question. It's as though he's saying, you owe me this presidency, because I was tortured. Gee, I guess that makes all the so called enemy combatants viable candidates, too.

McCain's lies about everything really put me off, especially about oil.
http://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?...lysis/ongr.html (http://www.howstuffworks.com/framed.htm?parent=offshore-drilling-controversy.htm&url=http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/aeo/otheranalysis/ongr.html)
</div></div>
No matter how low the bar is set you can always slither under it.

LWW

eg8r
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you seriously suggesting that the Rev W expected McCain to be there when he started his interview with Obama ?
Do you have anything at all to show that McCain intended to be there for the start?</div></div>Q, I am merely pointing out that your typed words disagree with what you are accusing.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-22-2008, 03:55 PM
This is like a replay of the "64 thousand dollar quiz show"
McCain Vs Obama.... Charles Van Doren Vs Herb Stempel.
They not only fed Charlie the questions, but Herb took a dive.
I think Rick Warren bought his cone of silence at a yard sale for 64k memorabilia .. and it served the same no purpose now as it did then...with the show rigged.....
What would really be good theatre though would be a debate between the sitting Prez, and Obama....with a time limit on their answers. Bush wouldn't have to sit in the cone, but might have to wear a cone on his head

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 06:43 AM
That's the reason why I usually keep him on total ignore, most of the time.

He's a total waste of time. When he's wrong about the facts, he calls you ignorant.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would really be good theatre though would be a debate between the sitting Prez, and Obama.. </div></div>

Bush would never allow it. As the self appointed king of the USA, he is above answering questions, a family tradition which was originally launched King George the First.

The only journalist to display the determination, integrity and patriotism to ignore the wishes of Kings George, one and two, (Helen Thomas, the First Lady Of the WH Press Room) has been since relegated to sit on total ignore, in the second row of the WH Press Room, and be slandered by the snippiest little POS to ever be WH Press Secretary, (aka the newest female blond Bush parrot) whose parents apparently never taught her how to speak respectfully to her elders.

During their respective reigns, any questions regarding cocaine use, were simply skipped, with the sort of ridiculous evasions that many commedians mimic the answer, to their audiences belly busting laughter. (Gee, I can't remember if I ever used cocaine) Said King George The II. BWA HS HS HS.

The Bush Kings, one and two, refused such bothersome stories as their purported mistresses, children out of wedlock, business dealing with questionable CEO's and families of terrorists, the Enron's of the world who were later convicted of bilking Americans out of their retirements. Other concerns about their ancestors providing equipment for Hitler, also followed by refusals to answer, and the questioners banished from the Kingdom. The list has grown substantially since King George The Chimp took over the family kingdom. His twin brother, John McCain, though they were separated at birth, has plans for much the same styled reign over America, with stated intentions of following the family tradition and surrounding himself with only
the most ardently subserviant court. Only the words, "Yes, dear King, you are right, the King is always right.

King John, known for his violence, and mental instability, willl surely cry, "Off with their heads" When questioned by any of the disloyal subjects of Neoconland. Such matters will be handled by the same royal organization used by King Goerge the Second, an organization formally known as the American Department of Justice.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif