PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Mother Sued His X-Wife

Gayle in MD
08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
What kind of person could do that! Sue an invalid, ex-wife, for some earrings!

Why am I not surprised!

ALEXANDRIA, Va. An old lawsuit on record at the city courthouse reveals a moment of friction between John McCain's mother and his ex-wife. Years later, McCain and his former wife presented a united front in a lawsuit of their own.

McCain, the Republican candidate for president, calls the first lawsuit a mistake and says he never authorized the second. Both legal actions were settled out of court before they went to trial.

Curiously, although the records clearly list the plaintiffs, McCain's campaign says his mother's 1980 lawsuit was filed "unintentionally" and that the Arizona senator didn't know about or authorize the 1990 lawsuit with his ex-wife, Carol. And McCain's 96-year-old mother, Roberta, says she never sued Carol.

Others involved dispute those assertions.

In the 1980 lawsuit, filed shortly after John and Carol McCain divorced, Roberta sued Carol to reclaim some personal property, including paintings, a needlepoint screen and a pair of earrings. A settlement was reached in 1981.

In a brief telephone interview, Roberta denied filing the lawsuit.

"I have never heard of what you're talking about. ... I will put my hand on a Bible," she said, to attest that she had never sued Carol.

Roberta's denial prompted laughter from her former daughter-in-law.

<span style="color: #000066">How the hell do you unintentionally file a law suit!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </span>

Bobbyrx
08-18-2008, 11:24 AM
1980!!!???!!! I guess this makes Obama's father fair game......

Gayle in MD
08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
She's lying about it now, not in 1980.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Bobbyrx
08-18-2008, 12:03 PM
She's 96 !!!

Gayle in MD
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
And apparently just as senile as her son.

McCain's entire campaign is based on lies. He's lying about this, too.

Hence...

As I asked, how does one unintentionally file a law suit?

Deeman3
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Perhaps the same way one would sit, unintentionally for many years in a racist church?

Both candidates are very flawed personally and both should be jailed. However, as it is, they are the best this country could produce. We will have to get used to it, no matter which scoundrel is put in office.

Bobbyrx
08-18-2008, 12:19 PM
So you're saying that McCain is not a viable candidate for President of the United States because his 96 year old mother can't remember a law suit 28 years earlier?........ I give up. I'm voting for Obama.

Gayle in MD
08-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Hell no, I can't blame his mother for anything he does, but he is saying that his mother unintentionally filed a law suit, and she is offering to put her hand on a bible, and swear that she never filed a law suit.

Who is lying?

Both of them, obviously.

wolfdancer
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
they are the best this country could produce.
an that's
outta 301,139,947, plus another 12 million illegals

Gayle in MD
08-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I've never read that Obama made any claim that his attendence in church was unintentional. He did condemn that Pator, though.

McCain, OTOH, defends his chief advisor, a lobbyist, who pushed for the invasion of Iraq before 9/11. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The fact that John McCain is proud of the lobbyists running his campaign and doesn't understand the conflict of interest his lobbyist-advisers represent shows that he simply cannot be trusted to bring change to Washington," Damien LaVera, a spokesman for the Democratic National Committee, said Sunday.

Campaigning in Nevada, Obama also criticized McCain's advisers as "the same old folks that brought you George W. Bush. The same team."

Scheunemann has been a prominent foreign policy conservative for years. He was an adviser to former senator Bob Dole, both in the Senate and during Dole's 1996 presidential campaign. Scheunemann also advised then-Senate majority leader Trent Lott before leaving to join a lobbying firm, the Mercury Group, in 1998.

McCain's 2000 presidential campaign brought in Scheunemann as a foreign policy adviser. After the 2000 election, Scheunemann returned to lobbying and also joined the board of directors of the Project for the New American Century, a conservative foreign policy think tank.

Scheunemann and others at the think tank wrote to President Bush nine days after the 9/11 attacks, urging "a determined effort to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq." Scheunemann founded a group called the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq during the run-up to the March 2003 invasion.

Scheunemann's partner, Michael Mitchell, signed a $200,000 contract for Orion Strategies to represent Georgia on April 17, the firm's Justice Department filings show.

That same day, McCain issued a statement saying he had spoken by phone with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili "about Russian moves to undermine Georgian sovereignty."

McCain, an advocate for Georgia democracy for more than a decade, has advocated Georgia's "territorial integrity" since the invasion.

Georgia's internationally recognized borders include the breakaway provinces of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, now occupied by Russia.

On Sunday, McCain said there are a number of steps the international community can take short of military force to produce "pressures that will change the Russians' behavior."

They include rejecting Russia's entry into the World Trade Organization, canceling Russia-NATO military exercises, and possibly speeding up the admission of Georgia and Ukraine into NATO.

</div></div>
<span style="color: #000066">Just what we need, more bluster, at Russia! All hat, no cattle Republican policy! </span>

Deeman3
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are the best this country could produce.
an that's
outta 301,139,947, plus another 12 million illegals </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I am beginning to think we would be better off with an illegal alien at the helm. Pedro could at least solve the lawn care crisis at the White House once and for all.

If you think about it, all but the last three in the race, Hillary, John and Barak were, on the whole, not too bad. I guess it is like a septic tank, the really big chunks rise to the top every time. </span>

pooltchr
08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never read that Obama made any claim that his attendence in church was unintentional. He did condemn that Pator, though.

</div></div>

Yes he did. And it only took him 20 years of membership in the church to figure it out. Of course, it helped that the press got some video of his pastor in all his glory.
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-19-2008, 05:20 AM
NO HE DIDN'T! He said that he never heard those kinds of statements.

Not nearly as bad as McCain voting against every single bill that would have made us less dependent on oil.

Not nearly as bad as McCain, voting against everything that would help our veterans.

Not nearly as bad as McCain refusing to admit that Iraq was a mistake.

Not nearly as bad as McCain failing to denounce Corsi's book.

Not nearly as bad as McCain flipping on his own anti-torture bill.

When I was a church goer, I never agreed with everything the priest said, in fact, hardly anything, but I went, for years and years. Who can say what Obama heard?

Gayle in Md.
Knows Steve would never vote for a Democratic, anyway. They might shift some of that debt her prefers to leave to his kids, back over to him, and his rah rah war, rah rah tax cuts, ideology.

eg8r
08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of person could do that! Sue an invalid, ex-wife, for some earrings!...In the 1980 lawsuit, filed shortly after John and Carol McCain divorced, Roberta sued Carol to reclaim some personal property, including paintings, a needlepoint screen and a pair of earrings. A settlement was reached in 1981.</div></div>So according to gayle, invalids should be allowed to keep whatever they want even if it is not theirs.

eg8r

eg8r
08-19-2008, 08:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never read that Obama made any claim that his attendence in church was unintentional. He did condemn that Pator, though.</div></div>LOL, so you are saying he intentionally stayed in a racist church? He condemned the Pastor only when the heat was on. He no longer wanted to be the racist's friend, he was now interested in being the POTUS and that would be tough to continue the friendship with the racist pastor.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Gayle, I think you piss both Ed and lww off, because you are way better informed then they are.Both of them have to resort to slurs and slander in an attempt to save face

Gayle in MD
08-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Wolf,
I think they live that way. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif