PDA

View Full Version : Why I will not vote for John McCain

llotter
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I, as a conservative, would never vote for John McCain. Almost unbelievably Mr. McCain’s admitted weakness is economics and often points to his need to become educated in the subject. First, it is incredible that a person who has reached the age of wisdom could possibly be ignorant of the something so fundamental to our freedom and prosperity. Of course, most of congress and the administration share in that ignorance; witness the economic basket case they have led us into.

But beyond this is the fact that Mr. McCain was held prisoner and tortured by a communist enemy. The essence of communism is that it is an economic system, an economic system that does not work, an economic system that enslaves its people, and that it has been directly responsible for the death of nearly one hundred million people in the last century. The fact is that this same centrally planned, top-down philosophy is driving our government today and that this fact goes unnoticed by anyone running for president on the ‘conservative’ side is mind-boggling. If I didn’t know it was way too late, I would be yelling, ‘Wake up Mr. McCain, economics have consequences…big consequences’.

The oath of office of Senators requires that they ‘defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic’. But John McCain, who does not understand the difference between economic freedom and economic dictatorship, goes merrily on his independent path, appeasing his friends and destroying our Constitution and our freedom. Appeasement is a word aptly describing most Republicans today as they go-along-to-get-along with our domestic enemies, unwilling to fight for the freedoms that made our country great.

Mr. McCain and his fellow travelers have been voting for more central planning and more economic dictatorship since they first arrived in Congress and they should all be put to pasture where they might actually learn something about economic freedom as they go about earning a living. No right-thinking conservative should give his support or his vote to someone who has lived is this world for over seventy years and is still so unaware of the obvious.

eg8r
08-19-2008, 02:19 PM
He is not getting my vote for sure.

eg8r

hondo
08-20-2008, 07:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I, as a conservative, would never vote for John McCain. Almost unbelievably Mr. McCain’s admitted weakness is economics and often points to his need to become educated in the subject. First, it is incredible that a person who has reached the age of wisdom could possibly be ignorant of the something so fundamental to our freedom and prosperity. Of course, most of congress and the administration share in that ignorance; witness the economic basket case they have led us into.

But beyond this is the fact that Mr. McCain was held prisoner and tortured by a communist enemy. The essence of communism is that it is an economic system, an economic system that does not work, an economic system that enslaves its people, and that it has been directly responsible for the death of nearly one hundred million people in the last century. The fact is that this same centrally planned, top-down philosophy is driving our government today and that this fact goes unnoticed by anyone running for president on the ‘conservative’ side is mind-boggling. If I didn’t know it was way too late, I would be yelling, ‘Wake up Mr. McCain, economics have consequences…big consequences’.

The oath of office of Senators requires that they ‘defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic’. But John McCain, who does not understand the difference between economic freedom and economic dictatorship, goes merrily on his independent path, appeasing his friends and destroying our Constitution and our freedom. Appeasement is a word aptly describing most Republicans today as they go-along-to-get-along with our domestic enemies, unwilling to fight for the freedoms that made our country great.

Mr. McCain and his fellow travelers have been voting for more central planning and more economic dictatorship since they first arrived in Congress and they should all be put to pasture where they might actually learn something about economic freedom as they go about earning a living. No right-thinking conservative should give his support or his vote to someone who has lived is this world for over seventy years and is still so unaware of the obvious.
</div></div>

Spoken like a real conservative.
A well thought-out post.
I may need to revise my opinion of you somewhat.

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Well I'll be a monkeys uncle! Amazing, that someone could be intelligent enough grasp the value and importance of such a factual appraisal of John McCain, yet simultaneously, admire a POS like James K., of all people!

My compliments on atleast one of your views.

Gayle in Md