PDA

View Full Version : dirty campaign of whom?

sack316
08-19-2008, 11:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> right wing smear machine
</div></div>

this quote amongs numerous others I've seen here often point out a dirty campaign by McCain. Ads filled with "lies", twisting truths, and complete dirty tactics in general. Fair enough, people will see things however they want to see it... and the fact of life is that we will never all see things the same way.

But tonight I saw an interesting thing on the boob tube. A story comparing the McCain campaign with that of the one Hillary ran in the primaries against Obama. Side by side, a Clinton ad running right before and McCain one... a Clinton statement followed by a McCain statement, a clip from a Clinton speech run right with one from a McCain speech. The similarities were best said in the story "from Hillary's playbook". Oh, and it wasn't Fox I was watching, I think it was actually on Anderson Cooper, if I'm not mistaken. Something on CNN nonetheless.

So my question is this: to those who feel McCain is running a dirty smear campaign, are you willing to say the same for Hillary as well? Because sans the "celebtity" parts, one must admit it is basically the same attacks on Obama from each.

Sack

wolfdancer
08-19-2008, 11:34 PM
All's fair in love, war, and campaigns

pooltchr
08-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Sack,
Don't you think this was the strategy of the McCain campaign all along? It's tough to criticize Obama without being labeled a racist, but Hillary opening up the door to the specifics makes it much easier. Thanks to the Clinton machine, Obama was already somewhat damaged goods before McCain ever had to begin campaigning against him.
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 05:26 AM
I'm sure that the McCain campaign, with Karl Rove advising incognito, would never have had the smarts to come up with using Obama's obvious lack of "inside the beltway" experience to their advantage.

Sack, Clinton's attacks, don't come near the accusations launched by McCain's campaign. They have outright lied, over and over.

What is really sad is that WE THE PEOPLE, (notice I said WE) have our collective minds on campaign tactics, instead of our present critical national, international, and economic circumstances, dysfunctional government, and pseudo democracy.

The last man courageous enough to tell us the truth, was Jimmy Carter, and we all know what he got for that.

WE Americans prefer fantasy to reality.

Gayle in Md.