PDA

View Full Version : Cindy McCain's Greed!

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
<span style="color: #000066">It's amazing to me how some people with multi millions, never have enough. Gee, Cindy could have given away a millions a piece to her forgotten half sisters, and never missed it! </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sibling Revelation: An Overlooked Branch of Cindy McCain's Family Tree

By Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts
Wednesday, August 20, 2008; C01

Cindy McCain's Distanced Relatives

When Cindy McCain talks about growing up, she usually refers to herself as an "only child" -- a phrase that ignores the existence of her half sisters.

"It's terribly painful," Kathleen Hensley Portalski said yesterday. "It is as if she is the 'real' daughter. I am also a real daughter."

Portalski and McCain are both children of the late Jim Hensley, the Arizona businessman who founded one of the largest beer distributorships in the nation. Kathleen, 65, is the product of Hensley's first marriage in the 1930s to Mary Jeanne Parks. Hensley divorced Parks for Marguerite "Smitty" Johnson, whom he met at a West Virginia hospital in World War II and married in 1945. Cindy was born nine years later.

The half sisters had little contact growing up and have not spoken since Hensley's funeral in 2000. In his will, he left just $10,000 to his older daughter; Cindy inherited her father's multimillion-dollar fortune.

Portalski told our colleague Kimberly Kindy that she stood quietly by for decades while her father lavished attention on his second family. But the past few months -- with Cindy McCain's glowing childhood memories and repeated references to being her father's only child -- finally became too much. "I was his family, too," she said from her home in Phoenix. "I saw him at Christmas and I spent my birthdays with him."

But there's more: Cindy McCain has another half sister. Before her marriage to Hensley, Johnson had a daughter, Dixie Burd, by a previous relationship. Burd, who is much older than Cindy, could not be reached for comment.

The McCain campaign has been tight-lipped about the expanded family tree: "Mrs. McCain was raised as the only child of Jim and Marguerite Hensley, and there was no familiar relationship with any other sibling," it said in a statement.

The messy saga went public after McCain talked about her childhood in an NPR interview. Portalski's son, Nicholas, contacted the network to clarify the family history and his mother's feelings about being overlooked. "I'm upset," she told NPR. "I'm angry. It makes me feel like a nonperson, kind of."

Money, of course, has exacerbated the family tensions. The multimillionaire Hensley only occasionally saw his older daughter -- and was emotionally distant when he did, according to her son -- but gave Portalski and her children money and college tuition. But when he died eight years ago, Hensley bequeathed Cindy the majority share of his company. (Andrew McCain, John's son from his first marriage, is now the chief financial officer.) Portalski got no share of the business, and support to her family was abruptly cut off.

"It doesn't make any kind of sense at all,'' Portalski said yesterday. "He was generous over the years when I was growing up, so it doesn't compute that he would do that; that he would leave all of us out. He paid for college for two of my kids. He gave us yearly gifts that were generous, allowed for a down payment on a home. I felt shock and disbelief. I just wish I could ask him, 'Why?' "

Her son, Nicholas, asked for a copy of the will and said it had been amended so many times that it was hard to tell what the original intent or language must have been.

Now, she said, all she wants is for the McCains to apologize and acknowledge her branch of the family tree. (Since you asked: Yes, they're Democrats.) "He was my father, too. I don't know why even now he cannot be a part of my life."

</div></div>

Deeman3
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I, too, have black sheep democrats in my family. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I guess the Senate could draft a law requiring that person's last wishes be ignored.

Couldn't find any puppies Cindy McCain had drowned, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
I stand by my statements. I think this shows pure greed, regardless of any will. Just because her father was not even handed with his own offspring, nobody forced her to be the same.

Greed, pure and simple.

Deeman3
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stand by my statements. I think this shows pure greed, regardless of any will. Just because her father was not even handed with his own offspring, nobody forced her to be the same.

<span style="color: #FF0000">It is not her offspring. You and I do not know the circumstances of the family, their relationships or anything else. Trying to make her look bad with no real inside information or knowledge of the situation, pure and simple.</span>
</div></div>

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I know she kept all the gold for herself. That's enough for me.
Did you have inside knowledge of Hillary?

I didn't think so.

wolfdancer
08-20-2008, 11:01 AM
If'n I was Kathleen, I'd have spent that $10k wisely, on a "contract" for Cindy....
This all reminds me of "Evita"???
or a woman that I used to work with, who was the illegitimate offspring of a very wealthy man. She experienced some of the trappings of wealth while her father was alive.... cruise on the Original Cunard lines flagship, a guest at the Hearst Castle, once sat on Hitler's lap, etc....but didn't inherit a "dime"

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I get the picture. It's a lot easier to screw over your own kids, when you don't have to look them in the eye while you're doing it.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I am reading the article and don't see Cindy's greed anywhere? Her father treated like she was the only child and that is what she says. Where is the greed in all this?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Believe me, you wouldn't get it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
08-20-2008, 11:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stand by my statements. I think this shows pure greed, regardless of any will. Just because her father was not even handed with his own offspring, nobody forced her to be the same.</div></div>I honestly don't think you are being fair one bit. If Cindy was raised by her father and never had any contact with the other family then why should she act any differently. I don't see where the other family is begging for any money? Plus it seems like Cindy's father paid for the grand kids tuition and down payment on a house, that is more than most kids get these days especially grand kids.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
<span style="color: #000066">Like I said, you wouldn't get it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

eg8r
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Having family members in this same situation I think I "get it" just fine. You are just trying as hard as possible to find some sort of Rovian dirt and it is not happening.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
LOL, like I said, You wouldn't get it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Since you go to an amazing stretch to call Cindy greedy maybe it would be a nice time to introduce, George Obama. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2590614/Barack-Obamas-lost-brother-found-in-Kenya.html) Senator Barack Obama's long lost brother has been tracked down for the first time living in a shanty town in Kenya, reports claimed. Living on a dollar month seems to be a bit worse off than Cindy's step-sister and children.

eg8r

Deeman3
08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you go to an amazing stretch to call Cindy greedy maybe it would be a nice time to introduce, George Obama. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2590614/Barack-Obamas-lost-brother-found-in-Kenya.html) Senator Barack Obama's long lost brother has been tracked down for the first time living in a shanty town in Kenya, reports claimed. Living on a dollar month seems to be a bit worse off than Cindy's step-sister and children.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Oh My God! How can a man who has made millions off the backs of his story about his past shirk his Gaylian responsibility to care for this man in Democratic style?

Maybe the guys a jerk, a Muslim extreamist or Barak just does not like him. Same blood coursing through his veins, what a travesty of the trickle up system. JK /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">born of the same father as him, Barack Hussein Obama, but to a different mother, named only as Jael.

He told the magazine: "I live like a recluse, no-one knows I exist."

Embarrassed by his penury, he said that he does not does not mention his famous half-brother in conversation.

"If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed," he said.

For ten years George Obama lived rough. However he now hopes to try to sort his life out by starting a course at a local technical college.

He has only met his famous older brother twice - once when he was just five and the last time in 2006 when Senator Obama was on a tour of East Africa and visited Nairobi.

The Illinois senator mentions his brother in his autobiography, describing him in just one passing paragraph as a "beautiful boy with a rounded head".

Of their second meeting, George Obama said: "It was very brief, we spoke for just a few minutes. It was like meeting a complete stranger."

George added he was no longer in contact with his mother and said:"I have had to learn to live and take what I need.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Obama's father deserted him long ago. He was raised by his grand parents, in a different country. He acknoweldged his half brother in his book.

Obama was not raised by a millionaire father, nor did he ignore the fact that he had this half brother, nor was he raised in the same country, nor did he find no problem taking a multimillion dollar inheritance all for himself, as he publically denied the existance of his brother. He's only even seen his half brother, twice in his life, once when he was five, and the brother admits living as a hermit, and not making his whereabouts known. You equate these two stories as even similar?
And you are calling my post a stretch! BWA HAHAHAHA! Figures! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</span>

Deeman3
08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
A rounded head is a terrible thing to waste. I wonder if Cindy has profitted off writing about her sister's head shape and and then licked her to the curb? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and then licked her to the curb? </div></div>

How does one accomplish that when they don't even know where the brother/sister is?

These two stories have stark differences. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

mike60
08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Well Gayle the party line has been toed by the obvious scoundrels. My new policy is to ignore wingbattyness and comment directly only to actual opinion
posts. The number of readers here is so small we are sort of a family squabbling between generations. Only here the generations are divided by humanity
and not age. Cindy is the perfect steppford wife. All pancake makeup and full raccoon eye goop. She certainly seems oblivious with her comment about
flying a plane as the only way to travel. Very telling and the usual princess complex bitch. I went to an IV League university and the wealthy are divided
fairly evenly between outright evil (read college republicans) and very generous (read hippy parents). Ignore the thugs.\

miguel

sack316
08-20-2008, 10:19 PM
I also fail to see the greed part. Then again, I have very distant parts of my family as well. I have one very close side (my mothers side) which very closely consists of myself, my parents, my sister, and my grandma. All people I would do anything in the world for, as they would (and have) done the same for me. I also have 3, maybe 4 half sisters from my father previously, along with a whole slew of people on that side of the family none of us have a whole lot to do with besides maybe a Christmas card. These are people I care about because they are blood, of course, but don't feel I owe them anything just as they don't owe me a thing.

The other sister got a house among many other things apparently, and her kids education paid for. All in all, she made out much better than most estranged family members would do. But what does Cindy owe her, really? Question their Dad and his favoritism, by all means. Show me something about Cindy forcing herself into being the majot heir in the will... or her somehow cunningly driving dividers between her Dad and any other kids, and then I'd buy into this. But as far as I can see, she grew up with him, lived her life as his daughter without much if any contact with that part of her family tree, and happened to make out like a bandit in the end. Where did she go wrong? I mean, I WANT to see it... I've worked in the legal field before and have grown quite disgusted by some of the things families do to each other. But I feel somehow on this, either it isn't as you would like to put it, or I am majorly missing something here. Could be either one, but I just am not seeing it.

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The other sister got a house among many other things apparently, and her kids education paid for. All in all, she made out much better than most estranged family members would do. </div></div>

That's right.

Notice these are not massive cash payouts. Maybe the old man did not leave them cash because of their lifestyle. I know people who, if someone gave them $10,000 tomorrow, they would be dead before the weekend was over. We don't know the background. There are a lot of people who are actually better off without a bundle of cash.

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Mike,
I'm sorry you live so far away. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Your comments on Cindy are right on. The more I learn about her, her family and McCain, the more I dislike them. Watching some here try to compare these two stories as though they are at all similar, is a great example of Republican styled distortions and denials that explain why this country is in the mess its in right now.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I went to an IV League university and the wealthy are divided
fairly evenly between outright evil (read college republicans) and very generous (read hippy parents). Ignore the thugs.\

miguel </div></div>

So why is it that conservatives give more to charity than liberals? That's a fact. The above statement is an opinion.

eg8r
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM
Yep, and now that Obama is a millionaire he continues to ignore his brother. He is even more greedy than Cindy. Sometimes I wish you actually had a clue. No one should go through life with your twisted, biased views. Talk about irrelevant. The second you posted this thread about Cindy you totally became irrelevant.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 08:47 AM
No kidding Obama gets even richer writing about the poor guy and never sent a dime to him. Gayle does not even know what the heck she is talking about. Her hate for McCain is so bad that she is making up issues now to try and make people vote for Obama. This is only a hunch here, but my guess for why Gayle is so pissed off at McCain is that when McCain was out running around on his wife he never gave Gayle a second look. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It is just a guess though, no factual evidence available.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 08:49 AM
LOL, what are you talking about about. He knew where his brother was when they met twice. However, instead of really getting to know his brother he acted like he was just another person and made the brother feel like a stranger. Now that he has "found" his brother again we will see what sort of compensation he throws the brother's way. Maybe he will give his brother a downpayment on a house and pay the tuition like Cindy's father did for her half-sister.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 08:51 AM
I have already stated that I will not be voting for McCain. My response to gayle has nothing to do with the party line. I am questioning gayle's witch hunt.

Are you going to comment on Obama leaving his brother out to live on a dollar a month? Or does that not suit your agenda?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Gee, Sack, will you inherit a multi million dollar fortune, like Cindy did?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But what does Cindy owe her, really? </div></div>

Among circles of decent people it might be called a bit of decent consideration, a spirit of fairness, maybe even a charitable, giving nature, you know, the kind her father was obviously lacking, and which, had she had as much character, as she had greed, she may just have considered setting things right, which her father failed to do.

It's a matter of character, IMO. Character versus greed. The same thing that was lacking in John McCain when he decided that getting his ego massaged was more important than remaining by his invalid wife's side, and putting his children, who had been through so much, and his family before his ego gratifications.

Both behaviors fall outside usual surrounding circumstances. John's, involved abandoning a faithful, invalid wife, (remenicent of Edwards, screwing around on a wife with not long to live, and with children already overloaded by devastating marker events in their lives) in pursuit of immediate male ego gratification, and Cindy, who continued the greed and lack of character which her father had practiced for years, in spite of having money to burn!

It isn't a matter of what is wrong, it's a matter of what is right, fair, and the kind of good deeds and values which distinguish a people of good character.

What sets this story apart from Obama's, is that he was, by American standards, struggling to raise himself out of his own financial challenges, and make someting of himself, and without any knowledge of where is half brother was on the other side of an ocean, and having been abandoned by his own father.

No comparison.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 08:56 AM
You didn't read the story? He didn't know where his half brother was. Hadn't seen him since he was five years old. Lived in a different country, with his own financial challanges, brought on somewhat because he, himself, had been abandoned by his own father.

You're a waste of time, Ed.

eg8r
08-21-2008, 09:00 AM
LOL, ignore what I posted? Let me post it again for you.

Now that he has "found" his brother again we will see what sort of compensation he throws the brother's way. Maybe he will give his brother a downpayment on a house and pay the tuition like Cindy's father did for her half-sister.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 09:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle with her foot in mouth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You didn't read the story? He didn't know where his half brother was. Hadn't seen him since he was five years old. </div></div>Come on Gayle, we know you are irrelevant now. You screwed up and put your foot in your mouth again. You could not leave well enough alone. So, since I DID read the article, let me pull out the portion that you forgot to read...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: part of the article gayle did not read</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He has only met his famous older brother twice - once when he was just five and the last time in 2006 when Senator Obama was on a tour of East Africa and visited Nairobi.</div></div> I have said many times on this board that your comprehension was pitiful and this is a great example. Again, I suggest you quit all the books you are starting to read and go back to the ones you "thought" you already read. Read them again because there is probably a ton of stuff you missed.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> (Andrew McCain, John's son from his first marriage, is now the chief financial officer. :/) Portalski got no share of the business, and support to her family was abruptly cut off. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

"It doesn't make any kind of sense at all,'' Portalski said yesterday. "He was generous over the years when I was growing up, so it doesn't compute that he would do that; that he would leave all of us out. He paid for college for two of my kids. He gave us yearly gifts that were generous, allowed for a down payment on a home. I felt shock and disbelief. I just wish I could ask him, 'Why?' " /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Her son, Nicholas, asked for a copy of the will and said it had been amended so many times that it was hard to tell what the original intent or language must have been. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Now, she said, all she wants is for the McCains to apologize and acknowledge her branch of the family tree. (Since you asked: Yes, they're Democrats.) "He was my father, too. I don't know why even now he cannot be a part of my life." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

</div></div>

NO, you did what you always do, selective reading.

And also, failed to read the nformation on Obama's half brother, who had hidden himself. Obama's father abandoned obama, left nothing to be divided, and was not a multi millionaire.

No similarities in the two sotries, although, there is a reasonable point to be made for Obama reaching out to his half brother, eventhough he's only seen him twice in his life, I suspect he will do so, once this election is behind him.

Regardless, your eforts to link the two stories as the same thing, failed miserably.

As usual.

eg8r
08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO, you did what you always do, selective reading.
</div></div>I read the story about Cindy and there was no greed mentioned anywhere. However, I went ahead and took your word for it for the short time being to show you that it would also apply to a bigger greed monger, Obama. He has known since 2006 his brother's situation and where he lived and he still did not give him a dollar. Obama acted like his brother was just another person, a stranger. Your choice to start this thread has been shown at face value to have been foolish. It has backfired on you and now you are proving the foolishness by trying to talk away Obama's situation.

You tell me that Obama has not seen his brother since he was 5 and that I did not read the article. I then show you the specific text where you are FLAT OUT WRONG. How do you respond, lol, you post text from the cindy mccain article. Your left hand must not know what your right hand is doing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No similarities in the two sotries, although, there is a reasonable point to be made for Obama reaching out to his half brother, eventhough he's only seen him twice in his life, I suspect he will do so, once this election is behind him.</div></div>Please enlighten us, what reasons do you assume Obama will use to change his ways with respect to his brother? As you have now been informed that Obama was certainly aware of his brothers predicament and location as early as 2006 and he has done nothing since.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 10:13 AM
This does get tiring, but since you've "Fubar" (ed) the entire point of the post, including everything I've written, for the last time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Quote:NO, you did what you always do, selective reading.

Ed Writes...
I read the story about Cindy and there was no greed mentioned anywhere. <span style="color: #000066">I didn't say there was any mention of greed in the article. </span> However, I went ahead and took your word for it for the short time being to show you that it would also apply to a bigger greed monger, Obama. <span style="color: #000066">What part of Obama's inheritance from his father, who abandoned him, did he fail to share with his half brother? </span> He has known since 2006 his brother's situation and where he lived and he still did not give him a dollar. <span style="color: #000066">You've spoken with his borther? Were you in Niger, checking up on Yellow Cake? </span> Obama acted like his brother was just another person, a stranger. I stated He haDn't seen him, not haSn't, (not since Obama was five, and his brother was a baby at that time, hence, they were virtual strangers when Obama met him, virtually for the FIRST TIME! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzz <span style="color: #000066"> In fact, they were strangers to one another.</span> Your choice to start this thread has been shown at face value to have been foolish. <span style="color: #000066">You inability to read it, and grasp its meaning, has been evident. </span> It has backfired on you <span style="color: #000066">You, have backfired on YOU. </span> and now you are proving the foolishness by trying to talk away Obama's situation. <span style="color: #000066">And now you are doing what you always do, NOTHING! </span>

You tell me that Obama has not seen his brother since he was 5 and that I did not read the article. <span style="color: #000066">I said haDn't, not haSn't /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzz meaning when they met in 06, he haDn't seen him since he(Obama) was five. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gifzzzzzzzzz </span> I then show you the specific text where you are FLAT OUT WRONG. <span style="color: #000066">No, you then showed me the specific text where YOU were wrong. </span> How do you respond, lol, you post text from the cindy mccain article. Your left hand must not know what your right hand is doing. <span style="color: #000066">You need a reading comprehension class. </span>

Quote:No similarities in the two sotries, although, there is a reasonable point to be made for Obama reaching out to his half brother, eventhough he's only seen him twice in his life, I suspect he will do so, once this election is behind him.Please enlighten us, what reasons do you assume Obama will use to change his ways with respect to his brother? <span style="color: #000066">Please enlighten us, where is written that obama is withholding money from their father's multi-million dollar estate, and on-going multimillion dollar income? </span> As you have now been informed that Obama was certainly aware of his brothers predicament and location as early as 2006 and he has done nothing since. <span style="color: #000066">Again, show me where you can document that Obama is withholding money from his fathers multi-million dollar corporation, from his half brother. Show me where obama's brother has stated that Obama has cheated him of anything? Show me where it is written that Obama hasn't and won't help his brother? </span>

eg8r </div></div>

Deeman3
08-21-2008, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cindy is the perfect steppford wife. All pancake makeup and full raccoon eye goop. She certainly seems oblivious with her comment about
flying a plane as the only way to travel. Very telling and the usual princess complex bitch. I went to an IV League university and the wealthy are divided

miguel </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">If these same personal attacks were aimed at Obama's wife, you and everyone else would be crying "racist" and "unfairness". To say all Ivy league parents are evil Republicans shows your inability to consider individuals and only toe your liberal life view. Are you more generous than Cindy McCain? I'm sure, theoretically, you will think so. </span>

Sid_Vicious
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Gayle...You have to remember something, it takes a slight crack of daylight in a closed mind to see even a glimmer of reality of truth. Ed plays well, has a very lovely wife and child, he's simply chosen to not even try to see any other side but the right(wrong) side for all of their futures. I give you credit Gayle for staying with him in these responses...I quit a long time ago, except for billiard related stuff. I guess you can call that close-minded, yet after a while, you simply see the fruitlessness of it all with certian political types. martin

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> he's simply chosen to not even try to see any other side but the right(wrong) side </div></div>

Sid has simply chosen to not even try to see any other side but the left(wrong) side

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
The difference is that we've watched the disasterous results of Republicans having six years of power over the whole damned government and this country has never been so dysfunctional! Our economy hasn't been this bad since the seventies, and every single thing has gotten worse, including international relations.

Republicans stink. Their supporters, are blind.

Martin is right.

Hence, 70% think the country is going in the wrong direction, and Bush's ratings are the lowest since Nixon had to resign! Some polls say even lower.

The interest on our debts is rising now at an alarming rate, with debt service costs resulting in the most serious threat the overall economy faced Since the Great Depression!

While the right whines for tax cuts! More wars! More bombs! More enemies from our uncivilized actions against their citizens, and our intrusions into their regions! AND More debt!

Too bad that when Jimmy Carter tried to level with Americans about the dnagers of oil dependence, they did what they always do, they pretended that they were invincable! That they were insulated from the results of spend/spend Republican faulty economics.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
over on the pool side here...someone is "bragging" about 12k plus views on the thread that he started (and it ain't lww running up his own view count)...but only 150 replies.
I'm thinking that a better sign for a good thread would be one like this...with about a 2-1 ratio of views to replies.
That means it was interesting enough to reply to.
I'm not in favor though of going after a candidate's wife or family, but in this election it looks like that's fair game for both sides.
We all have skeletons in our closet....my brother is a redneck Republican.. and if he only could have played the harmonica, I could have gotten him a good part in "Deliverance"

sack316
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, Sack, will you inherit a multi million dollar fortune, like Cindy did?
</div></div>

No, unfortunately my close family is not that well off. I'm sure I'll do OK when those days come, but no life changing fortune on this side of the family. And were the distant side to strike it rich and I got no benefit from it, I would understand and not feel shafted one bit. And I especially would feel left out and call them greedy for not making me set for life.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
We all have our opinions.

I think if I had inherited multi millions, and knew that my dad had turned his back on his other two daughters, and I had many many millions more coming my way for the rest of my life, and owned eight homes, and my own private jet, and could spend $500,000 on one shopping trip, I think I could get up off atleast one or two million for each of my half sisters.

GREED!

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:55 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif LOL, I sure hope he never checks in around here to see what you're writing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

sack316
08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We all have our opinions.

I think if I had inherited multi millions, and knew that my dad had turned his back on his other two daughters, and I had many many millions more coming my way for the rest of my life, and owned eight homes, and my own private jet, and could spend $500,000 on one shopping trip, I think I could get up off atleast one or two million for each of my half sisters.

GREED!

</div></div>

And I think that would depend on all the details of the situation. Something which none of us really know about

Sack

sack316
08-21-2008, 01:20 PM
And what with all the charity work and help she has given over the years with that vast fortune of hers, greed is simply not one of the terms I would freely associate with her. Even if this particular matter is a "worst case scenario" as far as family and the other individual involved, I still don't think it would change that

Sack

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Hannity is going to do a fundraiser for BHO's brother. Maybe they can help his grandma too. Last time I saw her she was living in a cinder block shack in Kenya.

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
he posts on some other sites...think of the worst of Ed, Wally, and lww, with a bit of LL thrown in for effect. He's not well received, and sends me some of the replies that he gets

eg8r
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I didn't say there was any mention of greed in the article. </div></div>You are the person that called Cindy McCain greedy and then quoted an article to try and prove your point. You should be well aware of what FUBAR means judging by what you have done in this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What part of Obama's inheritance from his father, who abandoned him, did he fail to share with his half brother?</div></div>You brought up greed and I showed you an example of the greediest person in the election.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've spoken with his borther?</div></div>LOL, no it was in the article that you were unable to comprehend. It has been quoted a few times for you but we understand your disabilities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I stated He haDn't seen him, not haSn't, (not since Obama was five, and his brother was a baby at that time, hence, they were virtual strangers when Obama met him, virtually for the FIRST TIME! zzzz In fact, they were strangers to one another. </div></div>Yep, they were strangers alright. And the brother just happened to show up while Obama was making his tour. LOL, you crack me up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please enlighten us, where is written that obama is withholding money from their father's multi-million dollar estate, and on-going multimillion dollar income? </div></div>Why are you avoiding the question? Probably because you are sad you made such a statment and now cannot back it up.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Another post of garbage that makes no sense at all.

Ed, you're a waste of time.

You don't have anything but delusions.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't agree. We know enough about the particulars to know that she didn't do right by her sisters. That can't be compared to two half brothers who were never part of the same family, one of them a recluse, and both living in separate countries, whose father didn't leave anything to either of them.

No camparison.

Obama only has one house, and got nothing from his father to divide iwth his brother.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
08-25-2008, 08:37 AM
You are the only one that does not see how close the comparison is.

eg8r

sack316
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That can't be compared to two half brothers who were never part of the same family, one of them a recluse, and both living in separate countries, whose father didn't leave anything to either of them.

No camparison.

Obama only has one house, and got nothing from his father to divide iwth his brother.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Exactly, "who's father left them nothing". Whereas the estranged sister of Cindy that is now speaking out actually has something. She has a home, her family has been put through school, and by all accounts has a decent life it seems. Maybe she's not filthy disgusting rich, but I'd bet she's more comfortable than most, and seriously doubt she is in need of much of anything.

Granted Obama got nothing from his father to divide between himself and his brother, but that's just it, Obama's brother has nothing. And considering he is a candidate who has stated that he feels everyone should have an opportunity to at least be middle class, well you get the idea. Obama isn't poor, and regardless of where his OR Cindy's wealth comes from they have no requirement to share that wealth. But as you said in the Edwards case, Cindy isn't actually running for anything. Obama, however is, and running on the side of a party who purports to help the little man, the downtrodden, the poor, the huddled masses... while his brother lives in a shanty that is less protecting than my parents garage was after the tornado took it out a few months ago. Meanwhile the Obama's were adding a sliver of land to his (1/6 of the Resko property) that in itself cost as much or more than most people's homes do.

I'm not saying Obama is bad or did anything wrong because of all that. But IF Cindy is greedy or wrong for the things you seem to think she is, then he would be as well. Less than one percent of his book sales would be a fortune to George Hussein Onyango Obama.

Maybe we should just shift to Cindy's former prescription drug abuse to make her look bad now. Surely there would be no reasonable comeback to that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Sack,
If we're comparing apples and oranges, which we are, I can still address both issues, atleast I can try to do so.

Neither Obama, or Cindy, have been charitable, toward their half siblings, apparently.

Cindy, has been greedy. She has also lied about her siblings, stating that she was raised an only child. That's a lie.

You don't seem to dustinguish the difference between greed, and charity.

I don't believe that Obama would fail to help his brother. I think he will do so. I think this isn't the time for him to do so. His brother, also, stated that he didn't want attention drawn to him. He's actually been in hiding, in another country.

Again, I stand by my original statements. Cindy's actions smack of greed. Her father's kids had a right to share in his wealth. Reading between the lines of the article, there was a lot there to suggest some manipulations going on.

Cindy has had everything handed to her on a silver platter. Obama, has had to pull himself up on his own. His half brother's words indicated that he intends to do the same, and that he is a proud man. I don't think Cindy McCain can compare to either Obama, or his brother. The fact that she did not make any effort to share such a huge, and continually growing, inherited fortune with either of her father's other daughters, is evidence of supreme greed.

I don't know the whole story about Obama, and his brother, except there was no fortune left to either of them to be divided. If you are trying to suggest that Obama wouldn't want to help his half brother, all I can say is that we don't know that, and IMO, I don't think that he is like that.

Gayle in Md.

sack316
08-25-2008, 01:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,
If we're comparing apples and oranges, which we are, I can still address both issues, atleast I can try to do so.

Neither Obama, or Cindy, have been charitable, toward their half siblings, apparently.

<span style="color: #3366FF"> That's all I ask</span>

Cindy, has been greedy. She has also lied about her siblings, stating that she was raised an only child. That's a lie.

<span style="color: #3366FF"> I will definitely agree with neither being charitable to those parties, I still think "greed" is taking it a step to far. Besides, I thought she WAS raised as an only child? I'm not saying, I'm asking. For all intensive purposes, was a sister a major part of Cindy's upbringing? Because I was under the impression that it was not </span>

You don't seem to dustinguish the difference between greed, and charity.

<span style="color: #3366FF">I distinguish the two just fine. A genreral definition of charity is "generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless"... none of which would apply to Cindy's sister for sure. But Cindy's work with people that fall into those categories shows she is indeed a charitable woman. Obama's brother, however, would fall into those categories.

But greed? As I said before, show me where Cindy slighted her sister via unscrupulous methods and I'd agree with you. Had she manipuated the will, drove a wedge between her father and his other daughter to become the greater beneficiary, or something like that... then I would use the term "greed". But it seems more that she got a great deal out of life, has been successful with it, and has done charitable work with those in need over her life. Tossing the word "greed" around as you are takes away all power from that word. As I said, I'll accept un-charitable, maybe even go as far as slightly selfish... but I don't think you realize the power of a term such as greed</span>

I don't believe that Obama would fail to help his brother. I think he will do so. I think this isn't the time for him to do so. His brother, also, stated that he didn't want attention drawn to him. He's actually been in hiding, in another country.

<span style="color: #3366FF">I don't wanna believe he would fail to help his brother either. I don't wanna believe anyone would. But why would now not be the time to help him? How long has he lived like that anyway? And when would have been the right time over the course of these past decades?</span>

Again, I stand by my original statements. Cindy's actions smack of greed. Her father's kids had a right to share in his wealth. Reading between the lines of the article, there was a lot there to suggest some manipulations going on.

<span style="color: #3366FF"> That would be wrong. The father's kids (Cindy included) have no right to anything. The father has the right to distribute his wealth as he sees fit. It's his money, his fortune, his life's work. If he wanted to leave it to a family pet it was his right. Simply coming out of someone's sack doesn't entitle you to anything

As far as reading between the lines of the article, well that's just looking for something, grasping at straws. What was the intent of the article? If there was any kind of a hint of an idea of manipulation, they surely wouldn't have hidden it between the lines somewhere, don't ya think?</span>

Cindy has had everything handed to her on a silver platter. Obama, has had to pull himself up on his own. His half brother's words indicated that he intends to do the same, and that he is a proud man. I don't think Cindy McCain can compare to either Obama, or his brother. The fact that she did not make any effort to share such a huge, and continually growing, inherited fortune with either of her father's other daughters, is evidence of supreme greed.

<span style="color: #3366FF"> or it could be evidence of a woman who got a good deal in life and ran with it... with great success... who feels no obligation to share that with people she hardly even knows that don't need it anyway.</span>

I don't know the whole story about Obama, and his brother, <span style="color: #3366FF">and you somehow know the WHOLE story of Cindy and her early family life?</span>except there was no fortune left to either of them to be divided. If you are trying to suggest that Obama wouldn't want to help his half brother, all I can say is that we don't know that, and IMO, I don't think that he is like that.<span style="color: #3366FF">right, and none of us know a wole lot about either situation... and we are all passing opinions here based on personal things that we don't know the whole story on. But we do know Cindy's sister has a home, and a comfortable life... and seemingly has had one since birth. And then we know where Obama's brother is now... and somewhere along the way I'm sure he didn't just choose on his own that this would be his life. Cindy's family life was a life of priviledge, and how often do we see that divide families up anyway? The Obama's had a rougher early life, which would generally bring those siblings closer. I'd be more curious to know why they are not</span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

eg8r
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But as you said in the Edwards case, Cindy isn't actually running for anything. Obama, however is, and running on the side of a party who purports to help the little man, the downtrodden, the poor, the huddled masses... while his brother lives in a shanty that is less protecting than my parents garage was after the tornado took it out a few months ago. Meanwhile the Obama's were adding a sliver of land to his (1/6 of the Resko property) that in itself cost as much or more than most people's homes do.
</div></div>You are spinning your wheels. Gayle will not get it. She does not want to even understand what anyone else is saying because she honestly does not believe she is ever wrong. If we are going to talk about greed there is no reason to look any further than Obama who is continually adding to his savings account while knowing his brother is living on $1 a month.

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2008, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cindy, has been greedy. She has also lied about her siblings, stating that she was raised an only child. That's a lie.
</div></div>No it is not. Based on everything that has been copied here it is very easy to see why Cindy considers herself to be an only child.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't believe that Obama would fail to help his brother.</div></div>Well then you are just ignoring reality. This is usually the case with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think he will do so.</div></div>If so it will only happen because of all the backlash he may receive from not helping prior. Obama was not poor on their last meeting and Obama treated him like he was just another nobody.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are trying to suggest that Obama wouldn't want to help his half brother, all I can say is that we don't know that, </div></div> He has had 2 years now to help after meeting him in 06. Do you think it should take more time than that to get around to helping out your $1/month brother.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I tell my sisters that if i should hit it big, win the lottery, or sumthin....I won't forget them....
I'll send them a postcard from wherever I move to...
Hey, just because you are rich, you don't have to cut off all your ties.

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama's had a rougher early life, which would generally bring those siblings closer. I'd be more curious to know why they are not
</div></div>

You're statements prove one thing, for sure. You haven't done much reading about obama, or Cindy McCain.

You can't get close to a ibling who lives in another country! Obama just finished paying off his own college debts, for the love of Pete, there is no comparison!

Cindy McCain knew both of her sisters, and they have stated that they're tired of their very existance being denied by her, and neither of them is well off, FYI. You obviosly didn't read the article I provided, either that, or you read it selectively.

GREED Is the correct description!

Gayle in Md.

sack316
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I am pretty sure I made it clear that I don't know the details of Obama's childhood nor his early relationship with his brother. That's why I said things like "I'm curious"... because I don't know. I don't think I stated anything in a "matter of fact" sense. But hey, at least I'm one willing to admit when I really don't know something

Ah, but I see how you say he can't get close to a sibling who lives in another country. So that's why. That explains it all, and gives perfectly good reason why Obama would never have owed him help. So then by that logic, and going to the article that I "read selectively" I find that "The half sisters had little contact growing up and have not spoken since Hensley's funeral in 2000." So, for whatever reason they had little contact... can't get close to a sibling that you have little contact with. By that same reasoning, why would Cindy owe her something and Obama not? Just because she has more? I'm sorry that Obama just now paid off his student loans, and these millions he's pulling in have only allowed him to get by buying only one modest home. Sounds more to me like if he is only NOW paying off his student loans this far into his career, he may have problems fixing an economy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Neither of the "left behind" sisters are well off? Define well off? In the article (that I apparently just skimmed) sounds like they were not too bad off. Filthy rich? I would say not even close. But they have homes, kids college tuition paid for, among other things the article mentioned... sounds a step above the average person to me

I guess we'll just go round and round on this forever. But really it seems you are villanizing Cindy, when the person (if anyone) that anyone should have a problem with is Jim Hensley. That's all

Sack