PDA

View Full Version : It looks like the smear campaign

Bobbyrx
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
on the CCB is backfiring......

poll (http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1541)

Gayle in MD
08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Gee, I had no idea that the CCB was so powerful! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Here's an interesting statistic I read about today. In several polls which asked the general question, who do you wish to be president, Hillary lead both Obama, AND McCain.

I can only hope that our troops, and all the young people, many of them without home phones, will take up the slack. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

mike60
08-20-2008, 07:28 PM
This needs reviewing: About 80,000,000 of the electorate didn't bother voting in 2004. Thats over a third of all voters in the USA. Thus 34% is a majority.
With the fragmentation of the Republican base they can't win. After being used and forgotten by the rove cheney bush cabal the highly holy have no candidate
to support. They consider McCain to be far too liberal. Many will write in Huckabee in protest. I think we've got a very good chance to control more than 60
Senate seats and increase the House lead enough to clean out the rot of the last eight years. Fortunately most citizens are more intelligent than the trolls that vote against their own interests. It will so cool. I'm going into the deep south to a friends country club to watch the January 20th Obamathon. It should be a
gas watching the idiots heads explode. I'll play Southern Man by Neil Young on the stereo. Some fun.

miguel

sack316
08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm going into the deep south to a friends country club to watch the January 20th Obamathon. It should be a
gas watching the idiots heads explode.
</div></div>

elitist /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll play Southern Man by Neil Young on the stereo. Some fun.</div></div>

You will play Sweet Home Alabama as well. it's required. Also you stand at attention with hand or hat over your heart as it plays. Just how it is, and don't want anything bad happening to ya if you fail to follow tradition down this way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Oh, and FYI, if it really is deep south... a country club is a little different. Normally these things are held in fields with coolers of beer. A country club, would still be a field, but it has holes dug in the ground for golfing, and broken down school bus for a clubhouse, and may have a keg in addition to coolers. Them rich boys know how to live. Oh, and wear boots... and rip the sleeves off of any shirts you may bring. Now, good buddy, you are ready for a southern country club.

Almost forgot to mention one thing our country clubs do have in common with what "outsiders" are used to. we do have mud facials... it's just given with different intent. Whatever you do, don't enjoy it. If something happens, and you find yourself in trouble... just say "git-r-dun" and things should be OK. Just speak clearly so as not to make confusion as to whether or not you said "git-yer-gun".

Sack

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Damn....and here I thought we could actually influence the election. Some days there are as many as 20 users online.
I'm still open-minded about my choice for Prez..I'm going to use the time honored "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe", method.

eg8r
08-21-2008, 09:17 AM
My guess is that the non-decideds are going to go for the Dems.
eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 09:19 AM
I just don't understand why the race is so close. I thought the nutty right was just 28%? Why on earth would a portion of the enlightened 72% still be voting McCain?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 09:22 AM
LMAO!

I'll be busy dilivering banners for rooftops in order to provide just the right touch for the planned send off for King George, and the Prince of Darkness! The banners only have four words each. I'll leave that to your imagination!

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM
"Gee, I had no idea that the CCB was so powerful!"
Well, it's true...even Ed claims that you have the "power to cloud men's minds....."
And who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men today

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 09:44 AM
LOL, and any man who isn't getting his "Facts" from the Republican talking points, has got to have a clouded mind, right?

BTW, arent' we're approaching 2,000 days since "Mission Accomplished"...?????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 10:10 AM
How long has it been since someone posted triumphantly here...about
the Iraqis being able to vote freely for the first time?
Baghdad is still almost as unsafe as Detroit, Buffalo, and Washington,DC, ...even east L.A.

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm still hoping that the Marine Honor Guard will turn their backs to the "Dubai, did buy (us)duo" , as they are drummed out of office

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Bush just sent Rice back there again to beg Maliki not to insist on a timeline for withdrawel until after the election, to avoid shining a light on the long held position of the Democratic Party's quest for a timeline to put pressure on Iraq, and make them start using more of their own money.

Bush and McCain are heading straight into disaster, hence, all the BS about how the "Surge" has worked, an obvious lie, fact being, violence is down, but the "Surge" has not accomplished the intended goals line out by Bush.

Meanwhile, as Iraq heats back up again, and it is, Afghanistan heats up to a dangerous pitch, that requires an unborken army, and decent equipment.

Bush and McCain are now going to re-deploy 10,000 of our suicidal "Volunteer" Army, and reserves, from Iraq, to Afghanistan, (a criminal approach to covering up their overall failed policies) along with their degraded equipment.

Russia, having been given a golden opportunity to start huffing and puffing, is also acting up, seeing as how it is common knowledge that our Army is broken, our dollar is slding, our debt service is now reaching dangerous levels, and our national citizenry, having been lied into Iraq in the first place, is disgusted with Bush AND his War Mongering.

When the debt service reaches these threating levels, foreign investors, stop investing in U.S. treasuries, and the interest rate on all our war debts, (ala the unprecedented Bush Tax cuts for the rich, during war time) debts, much of which we owe to a communist country, which is in bed with Russia, goes through the roof. Add that to Bush's projected budget, and his insane on-going war debts with interest, accumulating as we speak, and still to come, after years of Republicn Spend/Spend economics, and what we have is a major financial disaster speedily heading our way! Once you figure in the hidden debt, thanks to Bush's creative style of war funding, including emergency funding, and supplimental funding, and tax cuts, there is little chance to avoid a major financial crises.

"I see the train a'comin'"

What have we, WE THE PEOPLE, gotten of value out of all this.

NOTHING!

I wonder where Osuma bin Laden is today?

So when Bush goes back to Crawford, and puts his feet up, like he said he was planning, he might just want to build a twenty foot high brick wall around that fantasy ranch of his.

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I think we are being "had" again..."no new taxes" won the election for George the first, GWB questionably won his first term, with his twin campaign against the Saddamites and the sodomites, his second because we were in a war, and now they are pulling out all the stops to slip McCain in. First they "greased the skids"....while the debt keeps climbing, they gave us some of our own tax money back,... as a stimulus...
You could say that a prostate massage is a stimulus also. But like the rebate...you have this feeling, you've been screwed.
And now we have a new enemy for America to unite against...Bin Laden, and Afghanistan....
I think it's deja vu, all over again..."1984"....
"The ideal set up by the Party was something huge, terrible, and glittering—a world of steel and concrete, of monstrous machines and terrifying weapons—a nation of warriors and fanatics, marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting—three hundred million people all with the same face."