PDA

View Full Version : Another Man of the people.

Qtec
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sen. John McCain (R-RZ) told Politico in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told reporters Jon Martin and Mike Allen. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you." </div></div>

Its tough at the top. LOL

McCain is just another GW replica puppet. His strings will be pulled by a select few who have no accountability just like they have done for the last 8 years.
I fear another stolen election coming on.

Q.......apparently John has a love for the craps table.............almost makes him human again.............

Sid_Vicious
08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
"I fear another stolen election coming on"

This right here is the exact reason I don't vote. Make the election results POPULAR vote definitevely as a decide(OH GOD I just used GW's new word!) then I will agressively run to vote. Stolen election in 2000 was right on target, and the rest of the world surely saw how flawed this leading country's electorial process has become. Greed and power nor supercedes proper electorial process in this country...sid

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 11:14 AM
LOL, Bush's twin! He has a 100% Pro Bush voting record this year!

Gee, 100%, when the country is screaming for change, against Bush's policies, against Bush's Iraq war, (totally supported still by McCain, who refuses to acknnowledge its complete failure to do anything but make everything worse) That's after we havestatistical proof of a huge percentage of AMerican voters on board for renewables, solar, wind, and the environement, and Away from oil dependence, yet "Some" polls are hyping a big turnaround. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif And that's after a faked McCain "Good showing" performance, and Obama away for a week long vacation. That's after weeks of Russia acting up, encouraged by their oil hold on America, puffed up over our bad circumstances, ala Bush!

McCain stated three of the things required for his VP choice, can't recall exactly, something along the lines of...

His VP would have to be a man who agreed with his policies, his prioritories, and his values...

I figure his VP must be either Cheney, Bush, Rove or Rumsfeld! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 11:20 AM
His VP would have to be a man who agreed with his policies, his prioritories, and his values
wasn't that the same value judgments GW used for his cabinet and other political appointees?
Nothing like surrounding yourself with "yes" men.
Good thing pro golfers don't look for the same qualities in their caddies....

eg8r
08-21-2008, 11:23 AM
That would definitely not be a bad problem to have.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

the country is screaming for change,

</div></div>

Rather hyperbolic don't you think?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

we havestatistical proof of a huge percentage of AMerican voters on board for renewables, solar, wind, and the environement, and Away from oil dependence, </div></div>

Yeah right. Let's see what happens when they go to fill up Friday and the guy at the station says "We have windmils on order that will charge your electric car you will be buying but it'll be a few years". Let's see how "on board" they are then.

Your pie in the sky in fine but the fact is we need more oil/energy now, not 10 years from now.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
How many houses did John Heinz Kerry have? Did you post a derisive thread about him?

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
You're quite wrong. We needed to address our dependence on oil back in the seventies. You remember them, right, back when REagan took the solar panels off the White House roof? Back before the American OIL CARTEL took over? Back when we could have avoided our present circumstances, if the only president who tried to level with us hadn't been under the on slaught of the babes of the coming neocon, war mongering, righ?

I hope the prices stay high, not that anything we do right now will bring any immediate results anyway, including more drilling. For once, the public is facing undeniable threats, and beginning to grasp the whole issue with oil. it's time to face the problem, instead of the Republican policies, which have been pro oil all along, and anti safe renewable energy, and anti higher cafe' standards, and anti science.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your pie in the sky in fine but the fact is we need more oil/energy now, not 10 years from now. </div></div>

And we wouldn't be in this fix without an oil rich republican cartel running this country.

Given your voting record, I'd stay away from using the term "Pie in the sky" if I were in your shoes.

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Exactly!

Hard to believe anyone would have the audacity to defend any Republican involved in the government over these last ten years.

They're the whiners. Now they're whining for oil, cheap oil, the very thing that got us where we are now!

I hope the price stays high enough, long enough, to bring about the changes we need to make. bush has bankrupted the damned government, anyway. We might as well do something for the future of the next generation, if Bush doesn't get us all blown up before he leaves office, that is.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Wally, it's been a long, arduous struggle, nights without much sleep, burning the midnite oil, etc....but I finally did it...with this post,# 7690, I have easily surpassed your mark of 7687 posts, and now am closing in on Gayle....
I think Ed's 8331 is unattainable, as he has fully 8 hrs a day, when he is being paid to post here (by the RNC)

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Doesn't he work for the defense industry? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif Gee, we get to contribute with our tax dollars, so that he can sit on here every day and insult us, while he's screwing us out of our own money!

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
No, you did. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

wolfdancer
08-21-2008, 12:38 PM
if Bush doesn't get us all blown up before he leaves office, that is.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have an incident where martial law is imposed, and the elections suspended.
With Bush's connections to the sand people, anything is possible.
Or is it just a strange coincidence that there is this "connection" between Bush and Bin?
"When President Bush announced he is hot on the trail of the money used over the years to finance terrorism, he must realize that trail ultimately leads not only to Saudi Arabia, but to some of the same financiers who originally helped propel him into the oil business and later the White House. The ties between bin Laden and the White House may be much closer than he is willing to acknowledge."

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you did. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

You're probably right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM

I hope the prices stay high, </div></div>

Easy for you say Mrs. "I have everything I need". You're a real Defender of the Little Guy. Like I said, you better load up the trunk of that Caddy with winter coats (maybe you can get a government grant for them) and begin distributing them points north of where you are. All them workin' folk are not going to be able to afford those $1000 fill-ups of heating oil.

Gayle in MD
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
You can bet Bush will never bring bin Laden in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif He's got too much money lined up to make over there after he gets out.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Deeman3
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can bet Bush will never bring bin Laden in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif He's got too much money lined up to make over there after he gets out.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> You don't think he'd take advantage of his presidentcy like Clinton did do you? </span>

eg8r
08-21-2008, 02:12 PM
So there is your double standard. You had no problem with Kerry having all these houses, yet you do have a problem with McCain.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're quite wrong. We needed to address our dependence on oil back in the seventies. You remember them, right, back when REagan took the solar panels off the White House roof?</div></div>Reagan took the solar panels off the White House roof in the 70's? I definitely missed that, but I was just a tike at the time.

eg8r

eg8r
08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Easy for you say Mrs. "I have everything I need". You're a real Defender of the Little Guy.</div></div>She does not know anything about the little guy and a post like that is proof that she is just a bunch of hot air.

eg8r

cheesemouse
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So there is your double standard. You had no problem with Kerry having all these houses, yet you do have a problem with McCain.

eg8r </div></div>McCain collects house's like the crazy old lady down the street collects cats....she doesn't know how many she has...LOL

eg8r
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Apparently he does. It seems absurd to me but I guess when you have all that money you need to spend it somewhere.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-21-2008, 02:55 PM
When the details of the houses come out Q may be surprised. It is said that one was bought for his daughter to live in and one for her elderly aunt.

One was a beachfront vacation home. Not terribly unusual for someone with money. Wish I had one.

More to follow.....

Deeman3
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the details of the houses come out Q may be surprised. It is said that one was bought for his daughter to live in and one for her elderly aunt.

One was a beachfront vacation home. Not terribly unusual for someone with money. Wish I had one.

More to follow..... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> That bastard...buying his kids homes while Cindy's sisters live in a brothel and Barak's brother is eating sand for a living. Disgraceful.</span>

Chopstick
08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wally_in_Cincy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the details of the houses come out Q may be surprised. It is said that one was bought for his daughter to live in and one for her elderly aunt.

More to follow..... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> That bastard...buying his kids homes while Cindy's sisters live in a brothel and Barak's brother is eating sand for a living. Disgraceful.</span> </div></div>

Stop it. You guys are killin' me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Chopstick
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're quite wrong. We needed to address our dependence on oil back in the seventies. You remember them, right, back when REagan took the solar panels off the White House roof?</div></div>Reagan took the solar panels off the White House roof in the 70's? I definitely missed that, but I was just a tike at the time.

eg8r </div></div>

That's because with the new fusion reactor installed in the basement that costs 2 cents a year to operate they didn't need 'em anymore. You know, that new cheap, clean energy source that neocons hoard to themselves while they bleed the democrats dry at the gas pumps by sickin' the evil Oil Cartel attack dawgs on 'em.

Qtec
08-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Its not the fact that he owns 7 houses thats worrying, its the fact that he can't remember how many houses he owns!

Its predicted that there will be 7 million foreclosures as a result of the credit crisis and McCain has lost count of the houses he owns!............then he claims to understand the problems facing ordinary Americans.
McCain's excuse for not knowing the price of gas was that he doesn't pump it himself!

Q

pooltchr
08-22-2008, 04:30 AM
If someone asked me how many pool cues I own, I probably wouldn't know either. So what???

Steve

Qtec
08-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Million $ beach front property = pool cue.

Are you serious?

Q

hondo
08-22-2008, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone asked me how many pool cues I own, I probably wouldn't know either. So what???

Steve </div></div>

Me neither, but that was still a pathetic comparison, Steve.

Deeman3
08-22-2008, 07:24 AM
It was a stupid answer for McCain. He should have used the 5 million answer there.

LWW
08-22-2008, 09:09 AM
I knew the moonbats would love it when they put this one on the spoon.

LWW

PRQL8R
08-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Sid... I've always had a lot of respect for your opinions on pool related issues but it's always disappointing for me to hear anyones excuses for refusing to take part in the democractic process... none of them ever good.

None of us are ever going to find the absolutely perfect for ourself, candidate (unless we're willing to toss our own hat in the ring /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif) However, to say the least, there <u>are</u> distinct differences between the different Parties. If you don't like the either the relative polices of the Republicans or Democrats then vote for Apathy Party if that's your true leanings... but Vote!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!" </div></div>

If your not willing to vote... you're certainly <u>not</u> "very close to the edge". ...Bob

sack316
08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone asked me how many pool cues I own, I probably wouldn't know either. So what???
Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Million $ beach front property = pool cue.
Are you serious?
Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Me neither, but that was still a pathetic comparison, Steve. </div></div>

Oh, now I dunno if it was as bad a comparison as it would seem. Proportionally speaking, the cost of pool cues to myself, steve, Q, hondo, or whoever may be right in line with the McCains when valued against our net worth. Hell, I know the value of my cues probably exceeds my total wealth at the moment /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But I'm not sure off the top of my head how many I own /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Chopstick
08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone asked me how many pool cues I own, I probably wouldn't know either. So what???
Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Million $ beach front property = pool cue.
Are you serious?
Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Me neither, but that was still a pathetic comparison, Steve. </div></div>

Oh, now I dunno if it was as bad a comparison as it would seem. Proportionally speaking, the cost of pool cues to myself, steve, Q, hondo, or whoever may be right in line with the McCains when valued against our net worth. Hell, I know the value of my cues probably exceeds my total wealth at the moment /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif But I'm not sure off the top of my head how many I own /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

I'm even worse than that. I buy things, forget I bought them and buy go them again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
08-22-2008, 11:34 AM
lol chopstick... I can't deny ever doing that one either. I'll be at the store and see, say paper towels, and think "hmm, I think I'm out of those. Better pick some up while I'm here". Then I get home and find the bulk pack I bought not so long ago sitting unopened. In the end I usually realize it was toilet paper I was lacking, plus I forgot to buy whatever it was I went to the store in the first place for. I think you guys are right sometimes... maybe I am well beyond my years... for better or for worse /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Deeman3
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
My wife has enough paper towels bought up to supply the young impoverished sisters of Cindy McCain for years.

eg8r
08-22-2008, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its predicted that there will be 7 million foreclosures as a result of the credit crisis and McCain has lost count of the houses he owns!............then he claims to understand the problems facing ordinary Americans.
</div></div>As long as he does not forget to make the payments, then I guess all will be OK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCain's excuse for not knowing the price of gas was that he doesn't pump it himself!
</div></div>That is just sad. Even worse is that it is probably true of a lot more of the rich.

eg8r

eg8r
08-22-2008, 02:54 PM
LOL, I am sure they will be appreciated. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Gayle wouldn't be able to call you greedy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I know how some people hate to deal with actual facts on here, but something that needs to be considered.
John McCain is not a wealthy man. Cindy McCain is a very wealthy woman. I dare say a woman with her inheritance had a lock-up prenup signed before any wedding took place. So John might very well not know how many homes his wife owns. I suspect it is part of her business that John probably doesn't concern himself with. He has a pretty busy schedule as a senator and candidate for the White House. So while he may very well not know how many houses he and his wife own, I would bet Cindy knows.

As for being a man of the people, lets consider just the two candidates. JM made about $400k last year, certainly not struggling to buy groceries, but not even in the same class as the approximately $6 million BO made. So which one would be more in touch with the average taxpayer?

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 09:11 AM
LMAO! So, you'e saying that that technology was available when Reagan took the solar panels off the White House?

Gayle in MD
08-23-2008, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> know how some people hate to deal with actual facts on here, <span style="color: #000066">You mean you, Ed and the right wing nuts? </span> but something that needs to be considered.
John McCain is not a wealthy man. <span style="color: #000066">LMAO, he is now! </span> Cindy McCain is a very wealthy woman. I dare say a woman with her inheritance had a lock-up prenup signed before any wedding took place. <span style="color: #000066">LOL, I seriously doubt that. They weren't even thought about, much, back them! </span> So John might very well not know how many homes his wife owns. <span style="color: #000066">His name is on every one of them, and most states have no fault divorce now anyway. </span> I suspect it is part of her business that John probably doesn't concern himself with. <span style="color: #000066">BWA HA HA HA, yeah, that's why his son is running the show I suppose. </span> He has a pretty busy schedule as a senator and candidate for the White House. So while he may very well not know how many houses he and his wife own, I would bet Cindy knows. <span style="color: #000066">Well, we know she thinks the only way to travel is in a provate jet, that's for sure.

Give up. There is no way that you can soft soap this blunder of McCain's. Nothing could have been more revealing than his statements this past week, ....doesn't even know what he owns, and doesn't think you're rich unless you have 5 million dollars! This post of yours may be your biggest stretch so far! </span>

As for being a man of the people, lets consider just the two candidates. JM made about $400k last year, certainly not struggling to buy groceries, but not even in the same class as the approximately $6 million BO made. So which one would be more in touch with the average taxpayer? <span style="color: #000066">The guy who made it himself, and worked his way up on his own, instead of marrying it! The guy who only has one house, and wrote a book that made him money! The guy who can speak without knowing the questions in advance, read a teleprompted, and go out on a stage without clutching index cards, and telling lie after lie!</span>

Steve
</div></div>

wolfdancer
08-23-2008, 01:03 PM
If you don't know how many house you own; that's kind of a big part of your personal wealth....we're going to trust you to restore the economy???

sack316
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Probably still better than seeing over a bunch of houses that are deemed condemned /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> know how some people hate to deal with actual facts on here, <span style="color: #000066">You mean you, Ed and the right wing nuts? </span> but something that needs to be considered.
John McCain is not a wealthy man. <span style="color: #000066">LMAO, he is now! </span> Cindy McCain is a very wealthy woman. I dare say a woman with her inheritance had a lock-up prenup signed before any wedding took place. <span style="color: #000066">LOL, I seriously doubt that. They weren't even thought about, much, back them! </span> So John might very well not know how many homes his wife owns. <span style="color: #000066">His name is on every one of them, and most states have no fault divorce now anyway. </span> I suspect it is part of her business that John probably doesn't concern himself with. <span style="color: #000066">BWA HA HA HA, yeah, that's why his son is running the show I suppose. </span> He has a pretty busy schedule as a senator and candidate for the White House. So while he may very well not know how many houses he and his wife own, I would bet Cindy knows. <span style="color: #000066">Well, we know she thinks the only way to travel is in a provate jet, that's for sure.

Give up. There is no way that you can soft soap this blunder of McCain's. Nothing could have been more revealing than his statements this past week, ....doesn't even know what he owns, and doesn't think you're rich unless you have 5 million dollars! This post of yours may be your biggest stretch so far! </span>

As for being a man of the people, lets consider just the two candidates. JM made about $400k last year, certainly not struggling to buy groceries, but not even in the same class as the approximately $6 million BO made. So which one would be more in touch with the average taxpayer? <span style="color: #000066">The guy who made it himself, and worked his way up on his own, instead of marrying it! The guy who only has one house, and wrote a book that made him money! The guy who can speak without knowing the questions in advance, read a teleprompted, and go out on a stage without clutching index cards, and telling lie after lie!</span>

Steve
</div></div> </div></div>

Your ignorance is showing......again.

Steve

pooltchr
08-23-2008, 09:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't know how many house you own; that's kind of a big part of your personal wealth....we're going to trust you to restore the economy???
</div></div>

Well, considering Obama pulled off the real estate deal of the century by getting his criminal buddy to buy a lot, and then sell it to him at a loss, maybe Obama does have the upper hand when it comes to economics. Shady economics...but then what else would you expect from a typical corrupt south side Chicago politician?

Steve

av84fun
08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sen. John McCain (R-RZ) told Politico in an interview Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own.

"I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told reporters Jon Martin and Mike Allen. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you." </div></div>

Its tough at the top. LOL

McCain is just another GW replica puppet. His strings will be pulled by a select few who have no accountability just like they have done for the last 8 years.
I fear another stolen election coming on.

Q.......apparently John has a love for the craps table.............almost makes him human again............. </div></div>

McCain is not my favorite guy by any stretch of the imagination. But as CANDIDATES they ALL are puppets.

However, I think you have it wrong should McCain become President. If you were wealthy in your own right and married to a hundred million would YOU be anyone's puppet?

If elected, he will do what he wants, when he wants...period.

I'm not saying that's good necessarily...just factual.

(-:
Jim

Qtec
08-24-2008, 05:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know how some people hate to deal with actual facts on here, but something that needs to be considered.
John McCain is not a wealthy man. Cindy McCain is a very wealthy woman. I dare say a woman with her inheritance had a lock-up prenup signed before any wedding took place. So John might very well not know how many homes his wife owns. I suspect it is part of her business that John probably doesn't concern himself with. He has a pretty busy schedule as a senator and candidate for the White House. So while he may very well not know how many houses he and his wife own, I would bet Cindy knows.

As for being a man of the people, lets consider just the two candidates. JM made about $400k last year, certainly not struggling to buy groceries, but not even in the same class as the approximately $6 million BO made. So which one would be more in touch with the average taxpayer?

Steve </div></div>

Funny you should mention that......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do Republicans Have A “Sugar Momma” Double Standard?

Back in 2004, conservatives from all corners of the media attacked John Kerry as a “gigolo” who never earned a dime in his life and owed everything to his rich, heiress wife. Well, now that the tables are turned — and a Republican is the one who owes his entire political existence to his rich, heiress wife — is it unfair to use the same line of attack against John McCain? Salon’s Glenn Greenwald examined this in a great blog post titled:

The right and men who live off their second wives’ inherited wealth

[A]fter running his campaign based on depicting Barack Obama as an out-of-touch elitist and himself as the all-American Everyman, McCain lives a life that is about as far removed from the Average American as one can get, and has done so for decades. What’s notable is how McCain was able to live that way. McCain himself isn’t actually rich. He just lives off the inherited wealth of his much younger former mistress and now-second-wife — for whom he dumped his older and disfigured first wife — and who then used her family’s money to fund McCain’s political career and keep him living in extreme luxury (after insisting that he sign a prenuptial agreement, which would make McCain the first U.S. President to have one).

There needs to be a lot more focus of this sort on John McCain’s “character,” given that, from now until November, no matter what Obama does, the Rovian disciples managing John McCain’s candidacy will ensure his campaign is about little other than these sorts of slimy, personality-based, Freak Show attacks on Obama. It’s what the GOP does and it’s what the media is capable of disseminating.

Glenn provides about a dozen examples, all of which could apply to this election if you replace “John Kerry” with “John McCain.” Take this one for example:

Rabbi Smuley Boteach, World Net Daily, May 25, 2004:

Now, having a wife who provides you with a private jet and eight multimillion-dollar vacation homes provides for a comfortable life. But is this the right preparation for becoming president? . . .

To be sure, that does not mean McCain never did an honest day’s work in his life. But even while he did these jobs, his wives’ wealth always gave him a safety net. He was going to be taken care of whether he succeeded professionally or not. . . .

Whether McCain wins or loses the presidency, he will still be living like a king.

Works perfect, no? </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Q

pooltchr
08-24-2008, 06:14 AM
I don't see it as a big deal either way. I always told my daughter...it's just as easy to date a rich boy as it is to date a poor one. Of course...she didn't listen!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Steve

Bobbyrx
08-24-2008, 10:40 AM
"That's after we have statistical proof of a huge percentage of American voters on board for renewables, solar, wind, and the environment"
<span style="color: #FF0000">That's true.....McCain (Bush's twin) is a menace to the environment and Obama is the savior.....but , but, but .........how did Obama vote on the 2005 Bush energy bill?..... How did McCain vote?</span>

Gayle in MD
08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I'd say your own ignorance if showing.

Obama is perfectly innocent of any wrong doing involved in the purchase of his home.

Grabbing at straws, again?

Must be tough doing this election flip flop after what you righties said about Kerry, huh?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say your own ignorance if showing.

Obama is perfectly innocent of any wrong doing involved in the purchase of his home.

Grabbing at straws, again?

Must be tough doing this election flip flop after what you righties said about Kerry, huh?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Amazing to me it is how he is associated with all the controversial figures and a felon to boot, yet comes out shiny and smelling like a rose in every instance. No wrong doing whatsoever.

The only other person I can recall with such a talent was John Gotti.

Sack

Gayle in MD
08-24-2008, 09:31 PM
The facts are the facts.

sack316
08-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Indeed they are my dear. We just interpret the same facts in different ways. Some say one and one make two. others say one and one make eleven. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Qtec
08-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe but the one who says 1+1=11 is an idiot.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-24-2008, 10:02 PM

Ha ha ha...good one.

Hey, and I was trying to be nice, too, by using the Republican standard for guilty. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Obama isn't in jail! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Guess that must mean, the fact is, he's innocent! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

No, seriously, I have read about that, (the Real Estate deal) and I don't see anything illegal about what he did.

Just more Republican BS.

sack316
08-24-2008, 10:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe but the one who says 1+1=11 is an idiot.

Q </div></div>

I didn't say 1+1, I said one and one. Though one plus one could work two. A one, and another one... 11. But then again some people are quite limited in their thinking, and only have the ability to see things one way /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
08-25-2008, 04:14 AM
No, seriously, I have read about that, (the Real Estate deal) and I don't see anything illegal about what he did.

</div></div>

I agree...nothing illegal.

Do you want to get into a discussion about Ethics????????????

Probably not, since the one in question here wears your jersey.

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Ethics? lol, you're a Republican, and you want to talk ethics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

That's funny! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I think McCain has shown us his brand of ethics. Advertise yourself as a maverick, and then flip flop on everything to get the party behind you.

McCain, throughout this year, has voted 100% in support of a President who is at a 23% approval rating, and has taken this country into a debt pit with his voodoo economics, and his lies that led to war, and you want to talk ethics!

A man who ran around on his wife, and dumped her for a rich heiress, and doesn't even know how many houses he owns,lol....

good one.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

eg8r
08-25-2008, 07:54 AM
If the comparisons fit then by all means go ahead and use them. It would be nice to marry into all that money, but if the end result is turning out like Kerry or McCain then I am not interested. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2008, 07:57 AM
These houses are not a big part of their wealth. A house is a big part for you and me, but NOT the McCains or the Kerry's.

eg8r

eg8r
08-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Q will need a little help in figuring out he has been duped. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
08-25-2008, 11:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ethics? lol, you're a Republican, and you want to talk ethics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

That's funny! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I think McCain has shown us his brand of ethics. Advertise yourself as a maverick, and then flip flop on everything to get the party behind you.

<span style="color: #3366FF">As opposed to "o-ba-ma" that no crowd can seem to chant correctly in unison. The lack of rhythm has really got to kill him. But I digress. I was saying, as opposed to Obama who does the same flip flopping in order to gain support of those voters who were not already behind him. They have both been guilty of flip-flopping, changing their minds, becoming more enlightened, switching stances, or whatever we decide to call the same act at different times</span>

McCain, throughout this year, has voted 100% in support of a President who is at a 23% approval rating, and has taken this country into a debt pit with his voodoo economics, and his lies that led to war, and you want to talk ethics!

<span style="color: #3366FF">is it just me, or does that percentage change more and more as time goes on? I mean, I do understand your point when you get on this, and yeah McCain does fall in line with the vast majority of Bush stances it seems... but do you really feel exaggeration is the best option when you have been so forthcoming regardling lies, stretching of the truth, and dirty tactics lately? </span>

A man who ran around on his wife, and dumped her for a rich heiress, and doesn't even know how many houses he owns,lol....

<span style="color: #3366FF"> Just livin the dream my dear, just livin' the dream /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>
good one.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Sack

pooltchr
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
This is how you always respond. You don't address the issue...you try to turn it around and say...well, someone else is just as bad. Can't you just admit that the deal Obama pulled was probably something he would have rather not had come to light? That's a good indicator of ethics. His criminal associates, and anti-american, racist pastor give me a pretty good idea of what kind of person he is.

Now you have cried for the past 7 years that the white house is full of criminals. Is that why you are voting for Obama/Obiden? Do you REALLY think you are voting for change...or just a change of control???

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 03:50 PM
It's not an exaggeration. He voted 100% with Bush throughout this year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
I hardly think I need to defend my thinking to the likes of you! You voted twice for the worst president in history. Obama isn't Bush, or McCain. And You have a lot of nerve being critical of a man like Biden. I doubt if you even know anything about him, you didn't even know who Eisenhower's VP was.

I find it hilarious how you Republicans can't get anything of substance on the Democratics, and have to resort to Real Estate Deals, and BJ's between consenting adults!

We Democratics should be so lucky! Instead, we have to live with the awareness of everything your party has totally F-ed up for the last eight years, including failing to respond to 9/11, Iraq, the economy, bank failures, corporate war profiteering pigs, with no bid contracts, privatizing everything in sight, with disasterous results, a huge deficit, un-addressed trade deficits, no FEMA, a politicized DOJ, a resurgent Talliban and al Qaeda, and all because of an idiot in the WHite House, that YOU voted for, TWICE! That isn't even half the list of FUBAR compliments of Republicans!

Go scrape around looking for questionable Real Estate Deals, maybe you can find another White Water, and waste another 80 million dollars on investigations for nothing! LMAO! McCain is in bed with the lobbyists, and the oil companies. He's flip flopped on everything. He screwed around on his wife for years, and dumped her for a rich mama who pays his bills, and buys his houses. He finished Annapolis third from the bottom of his class. Obama was in the top of his class, wrote the Hravard Law Review. McCain's got every demned issue that you've used against every Democratic candidate for over a decade, all rolled into one man! Go on back out there and vote for more damned disaster, just don't start running down decent people who made their own way in life, and pulled themselves up through hard work. You Republicans haven't had a successful presidency without half the inner circle landing in jail, in decades. Atleast our people didn't seel ammo to Iran! You're the ones who propped up every radical dictator, and terrorist organization this world is having to deal with today!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hardly think I need to defend my thinking to the likes of you! <span style="color: #FF0000">Before you can defend your thinking, you actually need to try thinking for yourself. You just defend the party line. </span> Obama isn't Bush, or McCain. <span style="color: #FF0000">LOL! Obama supporters were asked outside the convention today what they liked about him. The two main answers were he will bring change and he's not Bush. The funny thing is, beyond that, nobody could actually talk about anything he had done that would make him a good choice for president. Looks like you are following the same mold. </span> And You have a lot of nerve being critical of a man like Biden. <span style="color: #FF0000">Why? He's not the Messiah! He isn't perfect. You just defend him because he isn't a Republican. The same reason you defend Obama </span> I doubt if you even know anything about him, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Once again, you would be wrong</span> you didn't even know who Eisenhower's VP was. <span style="color: #FF0000"> OOPS, wrong again! I was the one that asked the question to see if anyone might know...and I never saw anyone reply. Hate to disappoint you, but I do actually have just a little bit of education, inspite of the fact that I was raised south of the Mason Dixon line. I will give you a hint...he ended up becoming President.</span>

I find it hilarious how you Republicans <span style="color: #FF0000"> You sure do love to put people into their little catagories, don't you!</span> can't get anything of substance on the Democratics, and have to resort to Real Estate Deals, and BJ's between consenting adults!

We Democratics should be so lucky! <span style="color: #FF0000"> "You republicans...we democrats"...all you can even comprehend is partisan politics. If politicians didn't put a D or and R after their name, you wouldn't have a clue who you like and who you don't! </span> Instead, we have to live with the awareness of everything your party <span style="color: #FF0000">Your party...there you go again </span> has totally F-ed <span style="color: #FF0000">Such language for a supposed "lady" </span> up for the last eight years, including <span style="color: #FF0000">Here you go, listing off all of your talking points again. We've all heard this part before </span> failing to respond to 9/11, Iraq, the economy, bank failures, corporate war profiteering pigs, with no bid contracts, privatizing everything in sight, with disasterous results, a huge deficit, un-addressed trade deficits, no FEMA, a politicized DOJ, a resurgent Talliban and al Qaeda, and all because of an idiot in the WHite House, that YOU voted for, TWICE! That isn't even half the list of FUBAR compliments of Republicans!

Go scrape around looking for questionable Real Estate Deals, <span style="color: #FF0000"> Didn't take much scraping..it was out there for everyone to see</span> maybe you can find another White Water, and waste another 80 million dollars on investigations for nothing! LMAO! McCain is in bed with the lobbyists, and the oil companies. <span style="color: #FF0000"> Which part of the DNC book did you get this out of?</span> He's flip flopped on everything. He screwed around on his wife for years, <span style="color: #FF0000"> but a BJ or 2 between consenting adults is ok?????? </span> and dumped her for a rich mama who pays his bills, and buys his houses. <span style="color: #FF0000"> It's just as easy to date a rich woman as it is to date a poor one</span> He finished Annapolis third from the bottom of his class. <span style="color: #FF0000"> At least he went to a good school</span> Obama was in the top of his class, wrote the Hravard Law Review. <span style="color: #FF0000"> and what kind of liberal bs did he write?</span> McCain's got every demned issue that you've used against every Democratic candidate for over a decade, all rolled into one man! Go on back out there and vote for more damned disaster, just don't start running down decent people who made their own way in life, and pulled themselves up through hard work. You Republicans <span style="color: #FF0000">Oooooohh another one! You're priceless! </span> haven't had a successful presidency without half the inner circle landing in jail, in decades. Atleast our people <span style="color: #FF0000"> "Our people??? You not only wear the Dem jersey...you probably have the logo on your socks!!!</span> didn't seel ammo to Iran! You're the ones who propped up every radical dictator, and terrorist organization this world is having to deal with today! <span style="color: #FF0000">While your boy Bill was a saint. You don't even want me to go there! </span>

Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Thanks! I needed a good laugh today!
Steve
</span>

wolfdancer
08-26-2008, 12:58 AM
I hate to butt into your tongue-lashing, and total put down of Gayle...but
"The funny thing is, beyond that, nobody could actually talk about anything he had done that would make him a good choice for president."
WTF did GW have going for him, since he had just about failed in every venture up to being Gov? and should have been charged with insider trading along the way...also the only President that had ever been handcuffed and arrested...three times in the past.
And with that kind of past going for him...we got exactly as advertised....the worst President in history
You are one of the kings of partisan politics here...but you knock Gayle for having equal, but opposite political beliefs.
. " and what kind of liberal bs did he write? "
When you make some off the wall slur like this, you ought to have something to back it up....or it comes off as just more partisan bs...same thing you accuse Gayle of.
And speaking of Gayle's talking points, do you have anything besides your oft repeated Clinton scandal?
"but a BJ or 2 between consenting adults is ok"
Well, it didn't get anybody killed, nor maimed, ruin the economy, increase the threat of terrorism to the country, etc.
AND it wasn't worth the $100 mil spent by the right on investigating it. If they just wanted to be titillated, I would have suggested the Spice Channel....for that money, they could have all had a lifetime's subscription

pooltchr
08-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Which is why many of us ended up voting against someone rather than for someone. Now we are in the same boat again. I don't see things getting better with EITHER of the choices we have.

The BJ comment was to point out that she bashes a republican for having sex outside of marriage, but gives her boy a pass, since it was just a BJ between consenting adults. Well, McCains affair was sex between consenting adults. Why is McCain evil, and Clinton good?

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Republicans had the entire Hill, the executive office, the Senate, and the Congress, and it is evident to me, what they did to this country.

They proved themselves incredibly corrupt, sexually repressed, completely hypocritical, irresponsible and arrogant, and totally incompetent.

I surely do not think it is partisanship which has turned me completely against Republicans, and their failed policies.

They managed in quick order, to turn Clinton's surplus, into the greatest economic disaster in recent history, for one thing, and the list of Republican failed policies, and notions about how to run the economy, are as disasterous as their failed foreign policies, and far too many to even try to list.

While you can't handle the truth, and have to attack any and every messenger armed with documentation of Republican failures, and wrong doing, I think your continued support of the already failed Republican policies, their politicians, and their candidate, should surely, at the very least, disqualify you from throwing out partisan accusations. Add to that, your overall issues with women, and you're not exactly ripe for reasonable discussion or debate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Because McCain did it for a decades, and he did it to a family that was barely holding it together for themselves in the first place, and to a wife who was dealing with devastating health issues.

I know plenty about John McCain. He is not a decent man. I don't care how long they tortured him, it didn't change his basic lack of character. He is a mentally lazy punk, who got special priveledges throughout his life. I'm sorry he was tortured, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but that doesn't give him a bye on all his other bad behavior, nor does it qualify him to be president. When he voted for torture, I lost all respect for him.

He's too old, and he's too dumb, can't keep things straight, and is in bed with corporate fascist pigs. He's is just another arrogant, spoiled little punk just like George Bush, who thinks he knows it all, and wants to jump up in the face of anyone who disagrees with him.

In short, he thinks he's better than other people, and I believe his neocon hawk mentality is the worst thing that could happen to this country right now.

I have reasons for my thoughts about John McCain, and I've voiced some of them long before he decided to run in this presidential campaign. I know people who know him personally, have worked with him, and for him. Everything I've learned about him since, has enforced my original beleifs. If you can't handle the fact that everyone doesn't see things as you see them, maybe you should see a therapist, yourself, instead of aiming jokes about meds at others.

While you're at it, you might want to discuss your sexist issues with women, too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Oh, and BTW, you don't get to be the President of the Harvard Law Review on affirmative action, or according to whom your relatives might be. You have to be damned smart, something we can rest assured your last favorite candidate, wasn't! AND, McCain couldn't even get into Annapolis without some strings pulled by his Admiral da da, and he left thrid from the bottom of his class. But you'll vote for him, because he's a Republiican who you are folish enough to think, won't raise your taxes.

Here's a flash for ya, they're BOTH going to raise your taxes, McCain just isnn't going to tell ya. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
08-26-2008, 10:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find it hilarious how you Republicans can't get anything of substance on the Democratics, and have to resort to Real Estate Deals, and BJ's between consenting adults!</div></div>This coming from the one that brought McCain's infidelity to light after she told us in reference to Democrats it should be kept private.

Did anyone ever find out if Sandy Berger was caught with the Rose documents stuffed in his pants?

eg8r

eg8r
08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey lap dog, did gayle send you out to defend? LOL!!!

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
08-26-2008, 10:58 AM

Atleast our people didn't seel ammo to Iran! </div></div>

But ICBM technology to China is OK?

eg8r
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans had the entire Hill, the executive office, the Senate, and the Congress, and it is evident to me, what they did to this country. </div></div>They definitely wasted a great opportunity.

One thing to think is, why did they have such control? Was it because America was tired of what the Dems were doing? That is probably my guess, so I cannot understand their flocking to Obama if he is only going to offer the same thing. I guess it just goes in waves and it will be a Dem in control for a little while. More spending, more taxing, etc, then the Reps will get it back.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
and so it goes.....

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe you should be asking about all those documents Oliver North's secretary stuffed down her pants?

Deeman3
08-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Who was the last person caught stuffing documents down his pants? Oh! Right, that was the Clintons guy if I recall. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Well, you know, the Bush administration folks are rather out of touch with their pants, all but a few toe tappers, so they just start suspicious fires in Cheney's office, and blatantly destroy tapes of their torturing campaigns, and e-mails on their illegal firings, and politicizing of the entire DOJ.

The White Paper deleted all the intelligence that stated that Saddam was not at all likely to have WMD's, and not likely to use them against the US even if they were wrong, and he did have them.

When it comes to anything from the past, this administration has done it, and done it in spades. WE'd be far better off if Little Bushy had settled for a BJ!

eg8r
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Why would I ask that when you did not answer my question? LOL, don't worry though, we know you can't handle the tough questions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obama was in the top of his class, wrote the Hravard Law Review. Gayle in Md.

</div></div>

You might want to check your facts, little girl. While Obama was listed as editor, he NEVER wrote an article for the review. Much like his time in the Senate...he has yet to write his first bill.

I tell you this only so you wont make the same mistake when talking to someone you are trying to impress with your vast knowledge.

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-27-2008, 07:44 AM
As usual, you do't know what you're talking about. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
08-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, it seems we are both partially right. I did a little more research, and he says he did write one article, although it was written anonymously. So while he actually did write one article, he apparently didn't want his name attached to it.

The Obama campaign swiftly confirmed Obama's authorship of the fetal rights article Thursday after a source told Politico he'd written it. The campaign also provided a statement on Harvard Law Review letterhead confirming that the unsigned piece was Obama's - the only record of the anonymous authors is kept in the office of the Review president - and that records showed it was the only piece he'd written for the Review.

Oh, yeah...he gave a speech in 2002 as well. At least, that's what Hillary said.

Steve

Gayle in MD
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
the point was..............

He was the man chosen as the President of the Harvard Law Review.
You can't be a dummy and reach that position. It isn't awarded if you don't have the smarts and the grades. He was also a law professor, and could have written his own ticket in law practice, but he chose, instead to go into public service.

McCain, OTOH, couldn't even get into Annapolis without nepotism, and some other tactics, and graduated third from the bottom. Later he married a rich woman, whose da da had political clout, and could plunk plenty of money into his political ambitions.

McCain has a long history of acting like a hot headed little punk. Like it or not, that's his history.

All that aside, if we don't elect a president who understands that we need to shift our foreign policy, and also use our resources to create jobs, by investing in renewables, and infrasctucture, and stop trying to award big oil with tax cuts, for their outrageous profits, as they refuse to build more refineries, and just buy up their own stock, we're going to go down the drain. And if you think McCain is going to do that, after taking all those millions from big oil, and filling his campaign with former oil lobbyists, promising even more tax cuts for them as he goes, then you haven't been listening.

If McCain gets in there this country is sunk!

pooltchr
08-28-2008, 06:59 PM
You aren't doing a very good job selling him. I've rarely met a lawyer I believed or trusted.
Steve

Chopstick
08-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Ignorance is a matter of education. Stupidity however, is a choice. Education does not inoculate one from being an idiot. Harvard seems to be producing more than their fair share of them lately. Educated idiots are far more of a nuisance than the common variety because they are well spoken enough to attract other idiots to join with them.

BTW, do you parasurf?

wolfdancer
08-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Here's a list of equally incompetent grads from rival Yale.
Yale (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_are_some_famous_alumni_of_Yale)

And while Harvard has it's own list of neer do wells, including Al Gore and Barack Obama,Sr., they have even turned down a few questionable applicants:
Harvard Rejects (http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3201481&page=1)

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/nm_groening_070522_mn.jpg

Bill Gates was awarded an honorary degree in 2007

Chopstick
08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a list of equally incompetent grads from rival Yale.
Yale (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_are_some_famous_alumni_of_Yale)

And while Harvard has it's own list of neer do wells, including Al Gore and Barack Obama,Sr., they have even turned down a few questionable applicants:
Harvard Rejects (http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3201481&page=1)

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/nm_groening_070522_mn.jpg

Bill Gates was awarded an honorary degree in 2007 </div></div>
Oh gees.

"The Harvard admissions office accepted [convicted Unabomber] Ted Kaczynski and rejected Warren Buffet."

I'd put my old Memphis crew up against any of em. Do you recognize Deeman in the back?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/8/86/Evil_muppets.JPG

Deeman3
08-29-2008, 02:58 PM
A very distinguished crew that I am happy to be among.